July 2013 Moms

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Laurendag said:
    I woke up this morning to find they had direct deposited the entire semester's stipend in a lump sum instead of breaking it up monthly like they usually do. 

I need to rework our budget to account for that and make sure we set aside enough for the next few months, but I am very, very, very tempted to do something stupid with all that money. 

But seeing it all at once reminds me that my one-semester salary equals roughly one night in the NICU. At least that knocks that shopping urge down a peg or two. No skittles until I get a grown-up job :((
    I just went to get a copy of the charges made to Ds insurance for his NICU stay, it's over $240,000. I can't even imagine how yours is.
    @Laurendag I haven't seen a grand total, and we are still racking it up quickly with daily TPN. But his room charges alone were well over $1million. 
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • @mainerocks I've only hit 10k once, so you aren't alone!

@asbromle. Do you have the Flex? If so, it is water resistant! You can wear it in the shower! I do every day.

• Stina2012 said:
    Asbromle said:
    Oh and BTW, I thought I'd let everyone know that I now leave LO with my SO and he knows how to change diapers.

Not a FFFC, but I'm sure you all were secretly flaming me for never having him change a diaper or take care of LO alone :) 
    My MIL still has not changed a diaper. And she wants to babysit. Nyet.
    My ILs hadn't changed a diaper, either. Even after their last visit when DH let MIL care for LO all day. DH was still at the house working on things with FIL, so he did all the diaper changes. This week they are visiting again and DH had "emergency meetings" pop up at work, so he left LO home with the ILs yesterday and today. They did change a diaper yesterday, I heard all about it. Today it is for longer, so I hope they continue. I'm secretly freaking out and our Baby Wifi isn't working in away mode right now so I can't spy! :((
  • Laurendag said:
    I woke up this morning to find they had direct deposited the entire semester's stipend in a lump sum instead of breaking it up monthly like they usually do. 

I need to rework our budget to account for that and make sure we set aside enough for the next few months, but I am very, very, very tempted to do something stupid with all that money. 

But seeing it all at once reminds me that my one-semester salary equals roughly one night in the NICU. At least that knocks that shopping urge down a peg or two. No skittles until I get a grown-up job :((
    I just went to get a copy of the charges made to Ds insurance for his NICU stay, it's over $240,000. I can't even imagine how yours is.
    This! Corri's NICU stay was insane...for 63 days it was $368,000. Freaking insane!
  • I'm watching Access Hollywood and Miley's on. I like her. And I liked her Jay Leno interview. She's crazy, but she owns it. I can get behind that.
    And lately her hair has been looking so cute!
  • @mimi4347 I was wondering the other day how you manage a baby with "no touch" IVs hanging off him when they are so darn handsy at this age. I love your solution! haha
  • @Laurendag, I just spent $0.99 to occupy my next pumping session. Thanks :D Candy Crush was getting old.
  • @Chunkymonkeylvr I gave in & went bra shopping last week to get non-nursing bras that fit & it was marvelous/life changing. Enjoy!!!!!
    Due to events that happened this morning bra fitting will be done next weekend.... I just couldn't go free ballin.

When it happens, it will be glorious :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • @atlvol I have the force. I liked the display better...but wish I had the flex for the water resistance :(
  • Asbromle said:

@atlvol I have the force. I liked the display better...but wish I had the flex for the water resistance :(

I have the force and have been showering with it. I think it's resistant no? I hit 10,000 steps daily but my goal is 15k. I may get there today if we go for an evening walk.
  • I work in finance.... But I have a cupcake business on the side.  

I work in finance but have no other tasty fun jobs on the side. Go you!
  • I've discovered that the freeze dried baby yogurt bites are a great way to curb my sweet cravings....

@kmrobinson86 in jealous of the cupcake business!! I do some cakes out of my house, but luv cupcakes!!!!

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I give lo an o-ball to play with for diaper changes. It occupies her. 
  • Holy crap @mrads, that is awesome!!
  • Meimsx said:

DH and I were chosen to be on The Newlywed Game. We didn't do it because I was pregnant with DD and I was on bedrest and our life turned upside with finances. It was nuts but yeah they wanted us bad. I only thought of it because I'm helping to throw a bridal shower for my brothers fiancé and we are doing a TNG game. Also, we would have kicked butt.

I would love to be on newlywed game but husband would never go for it!

Bonus: 

• llmg0715 said:

I also love the ask anything thread because it was revealed that 2 people have "bump crushes" on me.

make that three :)

Yes!!! I love y'all too. Just landed. I can wait to get home!

Bonus: 

• edited February 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I forgot all about FFFC because I keep thinking its Sunday. Darn Oconee county for closing preschool three days in a row. I love DD but mama needs her three hours. :) also, I just confessed this to DH the other night.... You ladies with these office jobs and great grammar make me feel do uneducated and not smart. I only got to grade 9 before getting pregnant. My answers to most things were not answers at all. I cared more about passing notes than anything. I have a GED and one semester of college for an education and I just wish I had paid more attention in school so that I could know what some of the things you say mean. His family are all very smart and say huge words and I am left feeling dumb :( I use to say suffercate before I met him and he told me it was suffocate... I use to say petsmark instead of petsmart.
  • Bkuhman said:
    I forgot all about FFFC because I keep thinking its Sunday. Darn Oconee county for closing preschool three days in a row. I love DD but mama needs her three hours. :) also, I just confessed this to DH the other night.... You ladies with these office jobs and great grammar make me feel do uneducated and not smart. I only got to grade 9 before getting pregnant. My answers to most things were not answers at all. I cared more about passing notes than anything. I have a GED and one semester of college for an education and I just wish I had paid more attention in school so that I could know what some of the things you say mean. His family are all very smart and say huge words and I am left feeling dumb :( I use to say suffercate before I met him and he told me it was suffocate... I use to say petsmark instead of petsmart.
    I know that feeling of needing that time while they are at school :)

As for the rest...DH can walk circles round top people in his field (IT) ... but when it comes to other things yeah...I have had to convince him that New England isnt a state.  And sadly I think hes serious.  And words...big words he has troubles with too.  

• Bkuhman said:

I forgot all about FFFC because I keep thinking its Sunday. Darn Oconee county for closing preschool three days in a row. I love DD but mama needs her three hours. :) also, I just confessed this to DH the other night.... You ladies with these office jobs and great grammar make me feel do uneducated and not smart. I only got to grade 9 before getting pregnant. My answers to most things were not answers at all. I cared more about passing notes than anything. I have a GED and one semester of college for an education and I just wish I had paid more attention in school so that I could know what some of the things you say mean. His family are all very smart and say huge words and I am left feeling dumb :( I use to say suffercate before I met him and he told me it was suffocate... I use to say petsmark instead of petsmart.

I know that feeling of needing that time while they are at school :)

As for the rest...DH can walk circles round top people in his field (IT) ... but when it comes to other things yeah...I have had to convince him that New England isnt a state.  And sadly I think hes serious.  And words...big words he has troubles with too.  

I didn't know until last year that Washington, D.C. And Washington were two different places.
  • Bkuhman, I wasn't nearly as well informed or well spoken when I was your age as I am now. With age comes experience, education and wisdom. You'll get there if you want it. Just read. Read everything and anything. Ask questions, educate yourself, do more. Also when I was your age I was a telemarketer. We didn't start out with office jobs that make you work 10+ hours a day. Believe me sometimes I wish I could go back to putting in my time and not thinking about work unless I'm in that building.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"