2nd Trimester
Options

Baby Showers

Re: Baby Showers

• Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    @MMason12 -  I just want to say I'm so happy to see you got a BFP!  We miss you in May14 but I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months this time around!
    @Kimbus22 - Thank you so much!!!  I miss all you guys too! I hope this is our sticky bean! 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tweeks23 said:
    JKBMA2014 said:
    MMason12 said:
    Tweeks23 said:
    When do you think the ideal time is to have a baby shower? I see women doing it as early as 4 months and as late as 9 months.

I'm 3 months now, but I want to start planning my baby shower so I dont wait until last minute and all the halls are booked for the wedding season.

When should I plan it? Suggestions.. ?

Thanks!
    My mom and business partner are throwing my shower but since I'm an event planner (along with my business partner) I have a lot of say in what is going on. Kind of a control freak and need to know what is going on. So far so good on the planning front. I'll be 21 weeks at my shower. We are having it early b/c I went on bed rest with DS #1 at 24 weeks and DS#2 at 19 weeks so my mom wanted to have a shower that I can enjoy. My first shower I had to lay down the entire time and it was terrible. I cried the entire time b/c I was so miserable. You can have and throw the shower whenever you want. 
    **GAG ME***

Wow, the tackiness here is even worse than the OP's tackiness.  You have zero business having a shower for your 3rd baby let alone letting your mother purchase the crib for your 3rd child. I hope she doesn't have to hold your hand while you pee anymore either. 
    If her mother wanted to buy the crib then whats the problem? That's very much ok. And to tell someone they have zero business having a shower for their 3rd kid really isn't your place/business to say. I think you should back off a little with what she is doing in HER personal life.

Before someone jumps the gun and thinks I'm saying throwing your own shower isn't tacky, I'm not. It is very tacky.. But how many showers someone chooses to have is no ones business.
    You are all saying that throwing your own shower is tacky b/c its a gift given to you by someone. My mom and partner are giving me the shower, I'm helping assemble favors and get flowers etc. My mom bought the furniture for all three of my kids, its what she does. I'm sure there is not one person here who wouldn't mind if someone bought their nursery furniture. My grandmother bought mine and my brothers and my mom wanted to do the same. Hold your breath….I've never bought my kids a pair of shoes!! ::internet gasps::: My grandmother bought all our shoes (when we were little) and my mom does the same for my boys. No complaining here!

Your partner should not be throwing you a shower! That's the same thing as you throwing it yourself. You two are a team, and are receiving the gifts as a team. Someone not on your team should throw you a shower. You guys should spend the money on baby stuff, rather than spending the money on a party to hit your friends and family up to buy you baby stuff.

Tweeks23 said:
    JKBMA2014 said:
    MMason12 said:
    Tweeks23 said:
    When do you think the ideal time is to have a baby shower? I see women doing it as early as 4 months and as late as 9 months.

I'm 3 months now, but I want to start planning my baby shower so I dont wait until last minute and all the halls are booked for the wedding season.

When should I plan it? Suggestions.. ?

Thanks!
    My mom and business partner are throwing my shower but since I'm an event planner (along with my business partner) I have a lot of say in what is going on. Kind of a control freak and need to know what is going on. So far so good on the planning front. I'll be 21 weeks at my shower. We are having it early b/c I went on bed rest with DS #1 at 24 weeks and DS#2 at 19 weeks so my mom wanted to have a shower that I can enjoy. My first shower I had to lay down the entire time and it was terrible. I cried the entire time b/c I was so miserable. You can have and throw the shower whenever you want. 
    **GAG ME***

Wow, the tackiness here is even worse than the OP's tackiness.  You have zero business having a shower for your 3rd baby let alone letting your mother purchase the crib for your 3rd child. I hope she doesn't have to hold your hand while you pee anymore either. 
    If her mother wanted to buy the crib then whats the problem? That's very much ok. And to tell someone they have zero business having a shower for their 3rd kid really isn't your place/business to say. I think you should back off a little with what she is doing in HER personal life.

Before someone jumps the gun and thinks I'm saying throwing your own shower isn't tacky, I'm not. It is very tacky.. But how many showers someone chooses to have is no ones business.
    You are all saying that throwing your own shower is tacky b/c its a gift given to you by someone. My mom and partner are giving me the shower, I'm helping assemble favors and get flowers etc. My mom bought the furniture for all three of my kids, its what she does. I'm sure there is not one person here who wouldn't mind if someone bought their nursery furniture. My grandmother bought mine and my brothers and my mom wanted to do the same. Hold your breath….I've never bought my kids a pair of shoes!! ::internet gasps::: My grandmother bought all our shoes (when we were little) and my mom does the same for my boys. No complaining here!

Your partner should not be throwing you a shower! That's the same thing as you throwing it yourself. You two are a team, and are receiving the gifts as a team. Someone not on your team should throw you a shower. You guys should spend the money on baby stuff, rather than spending the money on a party to hit your friends and family up to buy you baby stuff.
    How are we receiving the gifts as a team? She is my BUSINESS partner, not my significant other. My friends and family are not bringing gifts, they are just coming for a brunch before I get put on bed rest. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    alot of people on here have mentioned how tacky it is throw your own shower but when i had my DD almost 7 years ago i planned and threw my own bc i have family willing to give gifts but nobody really stepped up to take on the role of shower host for me. i was a FTM and scared i would end up with nothing to start with so i threw my own i know people prob are gonna say it was selfish to think of the gifts and i should have been supporting my own baby n i did and still am i was just in need  of help and i dont think theres anything wrong or tacky about throwing your own shower
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i had it at my house so i didnt really spend money on anything...my mom brought sandwiches my aunt brought the cake after i sent out the invites they asked of i needed anything for it so like i said i didnt use much money
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Meery82 said:
    jay3907 said:
    alot of people on here have mentioned how tacky it is throw your own shower but when i had my DD almost 7 years ago i planned and threw my own bc i have family willing to give gifts but nobody really stepped up to take on the role of shower host for me. i was a FTM and scared i would end up with nothing to start with so i threw my own i know people prob are gonna say it was selfish to think of the gifts and i should have been supporting my own baby n i did and still am i was just in need  of help and i dont think theres anything wrong or tacky about throwing your own shower

1. Punctuation is your friend. Please use it.

2. Buy your own baby things. If you can't afford to buy them, then you should have thought of that before getting pregnant. Responsibility. Please use it.
  • Options
    jay3907 said:

The lack of punctuation! It burns!! Add the sheer lack of tact. Ahhhh! %-(

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    OMG ladies.. I'm sure this site was created as a support system for other women,  not to bully each other.  We need to realize that things we say to others will  damage a person..  The fact that she said that she doesn't have friends or close family members should make us understand. She's excited to be a mommy, so whatever she wants to do to be happy is her business. I'm with you girl....... Plan your shower, but  like someone had already mentioned, you should have it between 6-8 months... Good Luck!
  • Options
    As for the bolded, I'd still love to know who she is going to invite to this shower if she doesn't have friends or family. 
    I hope she doesn't invite all of us. I am totes not going. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mother08a said:
    OMG ladies.. I'm sure this site was created as a support system for other women,  not to bully each other.  We need to realize that things we say to others will  damage a person..  The fact that she said that she doesn't have friends or close family members should make us understand. She's excited to be a mommy, so whatever she wants to do to be happy is her business. I'm with you girl....... Plan your shower, but  like someone had already mentioned, you should have it between 6-8 months... Good Luck!

Hahaha! I love how they all say the same exact crap. Nope! All wrong!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    u all can say what u wanna say respond however u wanted to respond if u feel it was tacky i dont and i didnt "milk" my family but like i said have your responses and your opinions and if i wanna use punctuation i will its not a requirement for this site but thanks for the tip
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's not even the way you spell the name of the Spighetti sauce smart one. Wow if you have nothing intelligent to say don't just nitpick an obvious nickname that everyone knows just so you can throw in your two cents.
  • Options
    jay3907 said:
    u all can say what u wanna say respond however u wanted to respond if u feel it was tacky i dont and i didnt "milk" my family but like i said have your responses and your opinions and if i wanna use punctuation i will its not a requirement for this site but thanks for the tip

:-< At least you figured out quotations, I guess.
  • Options

That's not even the way you spell the name of the Spighetti sauce smart one. Wow if you have nothing intelligent to say don't just nitpick an obvious nickname that everyone knows just so you can throw in your two cents.

What are you even talking about?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    Meery82Meery82 member
    edited February 2014

Oh? And since when is it spighetti sauce? Don't be so damn dense. Preggo is fucking annoying.
  • Options
    jay3907 said:

I don't understand you!!!

It's a BOY

• Options
    really???? im the only one who doesnt always use punctuation or caps and have a run on sentence......this is what u guys are commenting on....wow ok sorta feels unnecessary but if u all feel the need to bash me for one reason or another
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    name calling...really
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This thread is the most fun I've had on a Saturday night in a long time!  

I do have a question though...
    Two friends hosted my shower for DD.  They asked what type of shower I wanted.  They just wanted a general direction to go in.  I said, I want a party...not a boring cake, punch, presents situation.  Not my idea of fun.
    I offered to buy alcohol.  They wouldn't take my money.

The guests had wine and a fun adult punch at the shower.  What level of tacky is alcohol at a baby shower?

FYI: It was an awesome party.  
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    jay3907 said:

really???? im the only one who doesnt always use punctuation or caps and have a run on sentence......this is what u guys are commenting on....wow ok sorta feels unnecessary but if u all feel the need to bash me for one reason or another

I'm not big on correcting punctuation and grammar. It's not a big deal to me. But I literally could not understand what you said. It was all mambo jambo

It's a BOY

• Options
    CFox815 said:

Two friends hosted my shower for DD.  They asked what type of shower I wanted.  They just wanted a general direction to go in.  I said, I want a party...not a boring cake, punch, presents situation.  Not my idea of fun.

The guests had wine and a fun adult punch at the shower.  What level of tacky is alcohol at a baby shower?

Alcohol is necessary at a baby shower. If I'm going to "ohhh" and "ahhh" over onesies that say "Mommy's little daredevil", I want to have a couple glasses of wine.
    That's what I was thinking!  I had a few coworkers who thought I was insane.  My close group of friends though I was the coolest knocked up lady they'd ever known.  
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    CFox815 said:

Raclla said:

Alcohol is necessary at a baby shower. If I'm going to "ohhh" and "ahhh" over onesies that say "Mommy's little daredevil", I want to have a couple glasses of wine.

I agree! Alcohol makes boring showers soooo much better!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Man, the drama on these boards! Sometimes entertaining but also incredibly childish! Some bitches be crazy!!!! And we all know which ones I'm talking about!
  • Options
    Oh good, you know I was referring to you!!!! ;) Among others.
    It doesn't take long to realize who the "holier than thous" are on these boards!
    Flame away Rosey!
  • Options
    Tassie06 said:
    Oh good, you know I was referring to you!!!! ;) Among others. It doesn't take long to realize who the "holier than thous" are on these boards! Flame away Rosey!
    You must be throwing your own shower, huh? Or doing something as equally tacky.
  • Options

Tassie06 said:

It doesn't take long to realize who the "holier than thous" are on these boards!
    Flame away Rosey!

Lol that I'm "holier than thou". I guess I'd pick that than greedy, tacky or childish. Add passive aggressive & I'll gladly be holier than thou.

Will you please read everything you've ever written. You're all of those things!
  • Options
    Well, maybe not greedy.
    But the rest of it fits!
  • Options
    Tassie06 said:

Tassie06 said:

Flame away Rosey!

Lol that I'm "holier than thou". I guess I'd pick that than greedy, tacky or childish. Add passive aggressive & I'll gladly be holier than thou.

Will you please read everything you've ever written. You're all of those things!
    It's quite obvious you have reading comprehension issues, darling. Please, I beg of you, quote something I've said (since you have a firm grasp, /giggle snort, on everything I've ever written) that is greedy, bratty or passive aggressive.

I'll wait. :))

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    No need. A lot of girls, except for your "followers" know!
    It doesn't take long to know who the caddy bitches are on here. And to you, I know I'm one of them... But I'm only like that to small minded girls who can dish it but can't open their tiny minds wide enough to see different opinions.
    And that goes for anything you've written. Not just on this subject.
    I'm sure there are kind words you've said, but after reading LOTS of your responses. You and I both know how long it would take to dig up.
    Enjoy your day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"