2nd Trimester

Baby Showers

When do you think the ideal time is to have a baby shower? I see women doing it as early as 4 months and as late as 9 months.

I'm 3 months now, but I want to start planning my baby shower so I dont wait until last minute and all the halls are booked for the wedding season.

When should I plan it? Suggestions.. ?

Thanks!
imageimage
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Baby Showers

• I agree. Don't plan your own shower. Tacky. If someone offers great!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • I love the fact that everyone has their own opinion yet no one actually answers the question that this thread is even about! Both of you just sound real stuck up, sorry. Some people dont have the luxury of having someone else throw their baby showers.
    imageimage
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I dont expect anyone to buy me anything I cant afford or give to my baby. I already bought all the major necessities. That is NOT the reason I want a baby shower. I am not trying to MILK my friends & family, I just want to have a gathering of love ones to celebrate this blessing.
    imageimage
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Idani said:
    I swear, some of the women or should I say girls on this board are a real joke. Every pregnant woman is entitled to a baby shower to ring in the blessing of a new baby. You gals seem like your living in the 50's where it was mandatory to have someone plan your shower. Everyone is dealing with their own issues in life and like I said some don't have that luxury of close friends, moms, sisters to do that for them, THAT SHOULDN'T MEAN THAT THEY AREN'T ENTITLED TO HAVING A BABY SHOWER. That's a ridiculous thing to say.

Did you ever stop to think perhaps you have no one to throw you a shower because of how you behave and act?  No one is ENTITLED to shit.  It isn't the 50's but basic manners that prove what you are doing and acting like it tacky. 
    You're comical, I must say. Thanks for the laugh hun, I needed it. :)
    imageimage
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • You clearly used a word that is not appropriate on a baby forum. Do yo teach your kids that language too?
    imageimage
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • LittIePenguinLittIePenguin member
    edited January 2014
    I dont expect anyone to buy me anything I cant afford or give to my baby. I already bought all the major necessities. That is NOT the reason I want a baby shower. I am not trying to MILK my friends & family, I just want to have a gathering of love ones to celebrate this blessing.
    Then have a meet the baby party after he/she is here, or invited your friends over for a dinner party. You can celebrate without throwing yourself a shower. A shower is a gift giving event, it is tacky to throw a party for yourself where gifts are expected. You can celebrate and not make your loved ones feel like they have to buy you something. Chances are some will still bring you a gift but it won't be expected.
    Thank you! This is the first real worthy answer I've gotten so far. I will look into that instead. Sorry for being snippy before but I was honestly asking for opinions, not to be criticized. 
    imageimage
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm not hormonal so I'll answer your question. Lol. A baby shower is usually thrown up to 2 months before baby. Although, not ideal for you to throw your own shower. You're right. It's not the 50s. Why not wait until after baby?. Do a meet and greet maybe 3 weeks later.
  • I agree with PP's, you shouldn't throw yourself a baby shower. I am sure no one has offered because you are only 12 weeks pregnant. I don't know about your friends and family, but mines didn't start bringing up the word 'baby shower' until a few weeks ago, and I am 24 weeks pregnant.   Everyone knows baby shower = gifts.  If it's not about the gifts then have a BBQ and when people ask about your baby registry say you already have everything you need.

Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. 
    It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. - Elizabeth Stone
  • I've been dreaming of how it would look. There are themes on Pinterest for a reason. If no one had preferences everyone would have the exact same shower. Get a life people. Talk about lack of support for fellow moms and preggos, it's silly that this site even exists if people are going to be that rude. Opinions are fine but I thought everyone was an adult here and respect is common sense.
  • You clearly used a word that is not appropriate on a baby forum. Do yo teach your kids that language too?
    Did you flag her for saying shit? That's amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"