January 2014 Moms
Options

How many times have you called your doc this pregnancy?

kwinkle1980kwinkle1980 member
edited November 2013 in January 2014 Moms
I am curious what the average is. So far I have called 3 times and I feel so silly each time, even though I know I shouldn't. Twice has been after hours--once on this holiday morning. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How many times have you called your doc this pregnancy?

• Options
    Twice and both times she sent me to l&d, where I needed to be. I don't feel silly at all.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    Twice and both times she sent me to l&d, where I needed to be. I don't feel silly at all.
    Just to clarify, I don't think anyone SHOULD feel silly. I am just a shy person and it is tough for me to call. Always better to be safe than sorry. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Probably 8-10. But a solid 1/3 of those were because I was playing phone tag with my doctor. And only one of them was prior to this kidney stone debacle -- it was for an earlier and less painful bout of kidney stones at 11 weeks, ironically.
  • Options
    goldenBgoldenB member
    edited November 2013
    I think I called 3 times
    1- to get the results for my a/s ultrasound (I was so worried something was wrong)
    2- about my L&D scare and to get results from the hospital
    3 - about my glucose test (i didn't get one until I was 31wks)

the secretary now knows me by name...

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• Options
    Zero, but with DS I called 3 times. Lil more relaxed this pregnancy.
  • Options
    Zero, but nothing has ever been wrong. I wouldn't feel silly calling if I was genuinely concerned about something.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Once, when I had a really bad cold that I thought was turning sinus infection and I wanted to know if I should be seen or continue at-home care.
    Baby Boy #2
    Due Date 11/10/16
  • Options
    Twice- once early on because I was having horrible stabbing pains and was scared of miscarriage. And once in the second trimester for headaches ALL the time so they could call in a requisition to check my iron levels.

But with DS I called a lot. Tons. I had irritable uterus (weirdly it is not as bad this time around) and ended up in L&D to be checked like 3 times. Maybe 4? Better safe than sorry.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    For a hypochondriac I am very proud to say only twice! Especially since during my pregnancy with DS, I had a "Google Jar" because I couldn't stop googling every single symptom, ache and pain!

1 - I wanted to find out the sex of the baby since the u/s tech refused to tell me.
    2 - pulled groin muscle, I was doubled over in pain and could barely walk.

• Options
    Twice, and both times I went to L&D. It ended up being fine, but I'm so glad I went.
  • Options
    I believe 4 times and each time I was told to come in to get monitored. 
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Once and I ended up on bed rest the same night.
  • Options
    2 times. Both were for my bp going up. Both time was told to come in. Bc of my past pre e doc isn't taking any chances. Modified bed rest at home for me! Bp is fine when I am at home resting so as boring as it is I am glad to listen!
  • Options
    None.... So far. But I haven't had any issues other than my one ER visit while my doctor was gone and there was, thankfully, nothing wrong.

baby development

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Unless my memory is failing me I think only once. But if I had had more concerns, I wouldn't have hesitated to call fifty times.
  • Options
    None, unless you count calling to get the results of my 3 hour GTT. I hadn't heard anything about the results and I was worried. I had to wait all weekend because my doctor was on vacation.
  • Options
    Once after hrs at 25 weeks when I was contracting. During hrs like 2 Times. Once in first tri for bleeding. Another to find out my urine culture results.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    Twice. E. Coil and high blood pressure
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Options
    I stopped counting lol I've never felt or went through these strange physical things before and you can't google it all.. What else is your doctor there for? Sometimes though I'll just ask the nurse since she's the first one to pick up, she usually directs the question to the dr if she doesn't know the answer.
  • Options
    A few. Twice over lack of movement, once because we got into a car accident, and I really think there was one other time but I don't remember why.
  • Options
    4 or 5 times, 3 times I was told to go in and get fluids, once about contractions, and once to talk to them about STD paperwork.

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Options
    Zero, but nothing has ever been wrong. I wouldn't feel silly calling if I was genuinely concerned about something.
    This exactly.  And if something was really wrong, I would just book it to the ER without even calling.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options
    Three: once for spotting, once because DS kicked me in my stomach, and once for BH contractions. I also feel silly calling, but they always make me feel like I'm doing the right thing by calling...so I try not to worry when I do call.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Once about 6w ago. I was having a lot of cramping, pressure, and back pain. She sent me to L&D. Everything was fine.

imageimage

• Options
    3 - they were all during hours though. I just left messages and waited for the nurse to call me back. This last time they had me come in to check me out and have an ultrasound (everything was fine) but I'm glad I followed my gut and called!

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    1 time. Was having dull pain and turned out to be a yeast infection.
    Alexis 9.1.06 * Jaxson 3.17.08 * Tessa 2.8.14

• Options
    None and I'm hoping it stays that way for the remaining 7 or so weeks! I'm thankful I haven't had any issues/complications that I have had to call in for. Just major morning sickness here but that's all. And I'm ok with that!
  • Options
    Once, when I was having some cramping and spotting early on.

A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Options
    I haven't called this pregnancy. I did a couple times with my first though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    1) I had a a GI bug and needed zofran
    2) double check that the meds my primary dr gave me for a sinus infection was OK
    3) find out the time of my c-section!

If my belly gets any itchier or redder, I may call again since I won't be seen for another 8 days. I had PUPPS with DD and while I know it's highly unlikely I'm scared I will get it again :(
  • Options
    I've never called my midwife.  I don't think I did with DS either, but both pregnancies have been relatively easy.  
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    3 times.

1st- To get the results of my pregnancy test. It was a Friday afternoon & the office was about to close and I couldn't bear to wait until Monday!

2nd- Stabbing pains around 20 weeks, but next time (if there is a next time) I'll know that it's growing pains.

3rd- Bloody urine just hours after my Rhogam shot. After I tested negative for a UTI, it turned out to be kidney stones. Fun! :)
  • Options
    Twice
    1) for my rib pain under my right breast which was from LO positioning
    2) to schedule a flu shot because everyone around me was dropping like flies.
  • Options
    3 times. Once to confirm I was pregnant. And twice for spotting that happened pretty consistently between weeks 8-14.
  • Options
    3 times.

1st- To get the results of my pregnancy test. It was a Friday afternoon & the office was about to close and I couldn't bear to wait until Monday!

2nd- Stabbing pains around 20 weeks, but next time (if there is a next time) I'll know that it's growing pains.

3rd- Bloody urine just hours after my Rhogam shot. After I tested negative for a UTI, it turned out to be kidney stones. Fun! :)
    @jlmckenzie, did you pass your stones?
  • Options
    Once. And spent 7 hours in the ER that night and 4 sequential trips there to have a full 13 shots for a rabies vaccine. Don't pet stray animals.
  • Options
    None. But since 20 weeks I've been going to two doctors and average a Dr. appointment at least once a week so I always end up asking what I need to ask when I'm there. With DS I called more, but I also had more things happen out of the ordinary. My OB nurse knows me by name so I don't feel weird calling anymore. Lol.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Options

3 times.

@jlmckenzie, did you pass your stones?
    Yeah, I passed a couple while on our babymoon, lol. Hopefully that's the end of it!
  • Options
    Twice in my first trimester and both were after hours.
  • Options
    Once when I fell down the stairs.

Last pregnancy I called three times. Once to find out what I could take for a cold (very naive FTM), once when I had mastitis at 38 weeks, and once for cholestasis symptoms at 40 weeks (for which I ended up being induced).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"