Options

Week 1 (11/1-11/7) Check In - Week of 7/20

Estimated due date (EDD): 

Week of pregnancy: 

Baby is the size of:

Upcoming Appointments: 

Rant/Rave: 

Questions? 

GTKY: If money was no object, what would you do all day?
TW
Me: 33 DH: 32
Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
Started TTC August 2016
BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
BFP: 2/27/20

Re: Week 1 (11/1-11/7) Check In - Week of 7/20

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/5

Week of pregnancy: 24+4

Baby is the size of: Cantaloupe 

Upcoming Appointments: 7/24 OB+ Glucose Challenge

Rant/Rave: I've had a week from hell. My mom is... not very nice, especially to me and she's been giving me a very hard time about potentially moving to NJ. This whole fiasco precipitated some crippling shoulder pain which resulted in a call to my OB (for a muscle relaxer) and a very expensive visit to a prenatal chiropractor in Manhattan to get some relief. I'd say on a scale of 1-10, my pain was at an 8 or 9, it was literally blinding. Now, I'm feeling so much better, but will have to go for PT in order to rehab. My mother still hasn't asked me how I'm feeling, but instead chooses to antagonize me. Ugh. I just want to be left alone.

Questions? Nada

GTKY: If money was no object, what would you do all day? I'd open my own cafe and specialize in unusual baked goods. Also, weekly cleaning lady.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @laurenmicheley Oh man, I'm so sorry. The last thing you need right now is family drama, but to have all the physical pain on top of it is just really shitty. Also, I love the idea of an unusual baked goods shop!

@bserena Honestly, I was dreading the glucose drink because I had heard so many horror stories, but it wasn't all that bad. I mean, would I drink it for fun? Nope. But it just tasted like flat orange soda. The whole 1 hour test was fine for me.... except that I didn't pass. 😬 The 3 hour on the other hand was hell, but that was just because the fasting included no water for 12 hours. But I passed that one no problem. I am really hoping to avoid doing the 3 hr this time around.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/1

Week of pregnancy: 25w1d

Baby is the size of: Head of cauliflower or baseball glove

Upcoming Appointments: Not until August and I am appreciating the break...8/5 for routine OB + glucose challenge and 8/10 for fetal growth scan

Rant/Rave: Rant: ugh the pain I had with DD1 right at the top of my ribcage underneath where my bra hits is back again, but it seems earlier this time.  It literally killllls me, but usually I can manage to press down on my belly and shift things around some and then I am good again lol.  Rave: we had the home inspection on our current home this weekend and the buyer came back with very little repairs, which is awesome!

Questions? @bserena I actually don't mind it as part of the challenge as long as it is ICE cold.  But like @hedgepig said a lot of people had me freaked out for it first go round and I was like seriously this is what the hype is all about lol? Obviously I wouldn't drink it as a beverage on the regular, but for one time it isn't hardly as bad as people make it out to be.

GTKY: If money was no object, what would you do all day?  This is a great question! I more likely than not would own a lot of property and I would travel between them...condo in NYC, shore house in NJ, possibly a place in FL.  I would also love to volunteer at my local hospital and I would ensure that I hired a full-time nanny and not because I don't love my kids, but because I would need a break as FT SAHM life is not for this girl lol.
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/3

Week of pregnancy: 25w

Baby is the size of: cauliflower

Upcoming Appointments: 7/27 OB checkup, 8/6 for glucose test

Rant/Rave: I’m overweight so now I feel like you can actually tell I’m pregnant and didn’t just put on a few pounds. I still joke that after I eat I feel most pregnant bc it’s just a food baby. It’s weird but cool to really be able to feel her kicking more often even if my DH still can’t feel anything yet

Questions? None

GTKY: If money was no object, what would you do all day? I would love to be able to travel more. Buy and read as many books as my heart desired along with building a reading nook with a really comfortable chair or couch
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/6

Week of pregnancy: 24 + 4

Baby is the size of: cantaloupe

Upcoming Appointments: 7/28 follow up A/S and reg OB

Rant/Rave: nada

Questions?  nada

GTKY: If money was no object, what would you do all day? I would cook a lot more with the best ingredients, have a KILLER wine cellar, hang out with my kids all the time and have a nanny for when I didn't want to hang out with my kids (lol), and never fold another piece of laundry
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • Options
    @name1109 You gotta take care of yourself, mama! I easily can forget to feed/water myself, but the weather here has been so incredibly hot, it won't let me forget to hydrate!
  • Options
    @laurenmicheley I am trying so incredibly hard to do so. I so almost passed out yesterday thankfully DH was able to be home and help. I have to be soooo slow, eat and drink. I still don’t feel 100%. 

Also I’m sorry your mom is being difficult. I love my mom but she doesn’t support my decisions to work, send kids to school (even pre-COVID times) etc etc. there are so many pieces of me I can’t share with her. It’s painful. I’m sorry you are having such difficulties 
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): Nov 4

Week of pregnancy: 25w3d

Baby is the size of: cauliflower

Upcoming Appointments: at 28w... I can't keep track of dates anymore lol

Rant/Rave: My MIL told me that she isn't going to talk to me anymore because she feels like she's "walking on egg shells," then she ignored me for the rest of the night and pretended everything was fine with everyone else. Well, I'm tired of her telling me everything will be "worth it" when I honestly tell her how I'm feeling and I'm tired of her telling me how I WILL feel during the future moments of my pregnancy (and according to her I'll always feel positive, BUT she knows I don't understand that yet so she has to tell me). So a part of me is a little relieved that she'll be giving me some space at least, but I'm afraid she is going to give me the silent treatment until the baby is born, then pretend that everything is fine, and nothing will be resolved. (She did something similar before my wedding during the shower and rehearsal.) 

GTKY: If money was no object, what would you do all day? I'd love to get a van and just drive across the country. Then I'd stop and check out every attraction possible. And try all the different foods. 
  • Options
    @warmwinter it’s weird to me how everyone’s experience of pregnancy and motherhood is different. I hate right now. I mean heartburn, varicose veins —sign me up said nobody. My sister LOVES being pregnant. Everyone’s mom experience is their own as well. I’m sorry for the MIL drama. Sometimes I just want sympathy, a listening ear and a dose of shut up and listen because this sucks right now.  I’m over the silent treatment.  For me, I’ve just turned it into time for me. Yes person giving me the silent treatment....I’m having a great time. I also hate when conflict isn’t resolved. Many hugs to you. 

I love your van concept.  All the food types sounds AWESOME
  • Options
    @name1109 Yeah. I've talked to a few of my support people and they've helped me decide to welcome the space for now. And try to accept that I can't change her, but I can change my reaction. If she really wants to talk about it eventually in an honest and respectful manner, I'll tell her how I feel, but it's whatever at this point. I'm otherwise feeling rather good. 
  • Options
    @warmwinter I still struggle when I don’t resolve the issue.  Usually it’s DH ❤️❤️❤️ giving me the silent treatment.  I’ve just gotten to a look...I know you’re going to respond X way, I’m trying over here, I’m not perfect. Let’s work it through. You (DH) need space and I need to talk. So I just give him space til he’s ready. And then I read a book semi-guiltily.