Options

Randoms 2.0

The last thread is buried- whatcha got?

Re: Randoms 2.0

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ThePax89 said:
    @TinaBelcher
    Marinating in fury...I don't know. I'm sure they'll be just as fucked up as the rest of us. And I'm sure it will be all your fault. That's how it works right? 
    Ay usually my fault, I acquiesce  ;)
  • Options
    Lol marinating in fury makes me thing of Kung Fury - have you guys seen it? It's a 30 minute mini-movie on Netflix that's spoofs 1980s cop and Kung fu movies that might be one the most ridiculous things I have ever watched. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    I watched Ali Wong: Baby Cobra on Netflix last night and her rants about pregnancy made me laugh way too hard. 

Also I should probably stop swearing so much if this baby can hear me. The ride home on the expressway is just singing or shouting. Poor little Peanut. 
  • Options
    Mine is less positive but I don't know where to put it. I'm feeling like a big giant failure today. I want to be a better spouse but I don't know how. I'm not very supportive but I feel like that's bc with DH if I let him follow everything he wanted he'd be on every committee and make a point to see every person he ever met and I'd always be in last place (because you know, he comes home after all that stuff, so he sees me.) I'm also kinda crazy and when we fight I always lose my shit thinking he hates me, probably because I feel like a bad spouse. i should put out more too,..... But I seriously never feel like it, it's like god forgot my sex drive. 

i also just signed up to be an usborne consultant and I'm kinda embarrassed to tell people I am one bc I don't want people to judge me since I used to be so very anti direct sales. i am also overwhelmed by all there is to know and feel like I'm going to fail bc I quit at everything. 
  • Options
    Tough morning baby has multiple melt downs, dog gets in when I try to feed her breakfast and for the first time ever pees on the floor, then I try to clean up/vacuum and the baby freaks out at the vacuum.
  • Options
    We're going camping next week for the whole week with DH's family and it's going to be glorious!  There's little to no reception so I feel like we all truly relax.  The only downer is that my BIL's GF decided she has to bring her dog otherwise they can't go <insert eye roll, all her family lives near her so not sure this is actually true>.  I'd be fine with that if it was a big dog, but it's a chihuahua.  Sorry to anyone that has or likes them but I am not a little dog person AT ALL.  I'm mostly worried about how it's going to be with DS.  He's used to my parents big golden retrievers that let him climb, pet, hang, love all over them.  Sigh.  At least they'll only be there at the end of the week. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @TinaBelcher I have been joking that I must be carrying a boy because my rage levels are so much higher than normal -- I've been attributing it to testosterone. 
  • Options
    I'm seriously about to go crazy. We are packing up our house to move. There is stuff EVERYWHERE. Boxes everywhere and I have all but given up on trying to sweep/vacuum/clean because everything is literally everywhere. And if possible my kids are literally have a hay day In all the stuff and making it worse! I'm super OCD and DH thought he would help by packing last night after I went to bed. I don't know where anything is and I'm seriously about to have a mental breakdown!! And wig my luck, I'm pretty sure our landlords will probably call in about 5 min and tell me that they have a rental prospect coming to look at it tonight. 
    Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17
  • Options
    Has anyone watched Stranger Things on Netflix yet? Trying to decide what's more important right now, finally finishing OITNB or starting that.

@scgirl6113 Oh no, how much time do you have before you move?
  • Options
    I have not watched stranger things yet - but I just finished iZombie and it was fantastic!! 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Options
    @canavara 2 weeks!! My husband is moving all of our storage and then we will be traveling with our 3 and 1 year olds to visit family for 5 weeks before we actually move to our new state. We have to be out of our house here now but our new place won't be ready until mid September. Trying to decide what to travel with and how to pack everything else is mind boggling to me with my pregnancy brain. I'm also concerned about our survival traveling for that long especially with family. I think my anxiety level is through the roof! Sigh. 

Also so I have heard good things about the stranger things but I haven't watched it.
    Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17
  • Options
    I'm debating starting Stranger Things (I'm a huge horror fan), but my dreams are already weird enough lately. I would say finish OITNB before someone spoils it for you. Plus then you can start with a clean slate.  
  • Options
    @scgirl6113 I completely feel you with the boxes everywhere! We sent our son with parents so we could actually get more done. He's constantly trying to open boxes we have sealed. He seems to know exactly where his toys are! Ugh! Luckily, we take a bunch to storage tomorrow. Hopefully no prospects come through today!
  • Options
    @scgirl6113 ooooh, I had to do that year; had to be out of one place end of June, new place wasn't available until September. It was just my husband and me that we had to plan for, and even that nearly broke my brain... with no pregnancy brain on top of it! You have so much sympathy from me.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I'm seriously about to go crazy. We are packing up our house to move. There is stuff EVERYWHERE. Boxes everywhere and I have all but given up on trying to sweep/vacuum/clean because everything is literally everywhere. And if possible my kids are literally have a hay day In all the stuff and making it worse! I'm super OCD and DH thought he would help by packing last night after I went to bed. I don't know where anything is and I'm seriously about to have a mental breakdown!! And wig my luck, I'm pretty sure our landlords will probably call in about 5 min and tell me that they have a rental prospect coming to look at it tonight. 
    This was me a month ago.  I feel you, girl! BUT it does get better and hopefully this time next month you'll be mostly unpacked and feeling better :)

ETA just saw that you won't actually be moved in until September.  Oy. Good luck, I hope you'll have so much fun visiting family that you'll forget about the fact that everything's in boxes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

@tinabelcher Like PP, I love that phrase "marinating in fury".

My rage is currently going from 0 to 60 in no time flat. I am happy as a clam and then *BOOM* nuclear meltdown from nowhere on poor DH. So then, obviously, I have to cry because why I am being so mean to the super guy who is being so nice to me?

Unrelated, I got baby's bedding set today! The gender neutral set I have been obsessed with went on clearance at Baby's R Us. Got the whole set with accessories for the regular price of just the bedding! Happy lady in the house (for the moment).

• Options
    @ceclarlinetlo I have not seen that but I'll have to soon! 

@canavara I'm 1.5 episodes in to Stranger Things and love it already (Winona is my GF) but H had a bad week and has commandeered the tv to watch American Pickers all week (his fave lol) he's shooting all weekend and I pretty much anticipate finishing by Sunday night  ;)
  • Options
    canavara said:
    Has anyone watched Stranger Things on Netflix yet? Trying to decide what's more important right now, finally finishing OITNB or starting that.
    Definitely finish oitnb! I dont usually cry at tv/films etc but the end of this season seriously got to me! Im blaming it on all the hormones!
  • Options
    @canavara I'm five episodes in to Stranger Things and I highly recommend it- it only has 8 episodes.
  • Options
    sagoonsagoon member
    @canavara we just started Stranger Things and are loving it so far.  It's super creepy, and they do a great job giving it a really 80's feel.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Why don't we have a Facebook group yet? 
  • Options
    Please don't leave for Facebook! I don't use it! I only have Instagram :(
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Options
    15caitlin15caitlin member
    edited July 2016
    I agree with @cjs260 that waiting is a good idea. With DS our bump group waited until closer to the end of our pregnancies and it seemed to do pretty well at weeding out the randoms who never post. 
  • Options
    I joined one (and one was started before) around 12-13 weeks with DD. That being said. I joined the unofficial one in this group and its nor the same feeling as my other FB group. I don't know what it is.... 
  • Options
    I should add, that group is still going strong and has 133 members, but I don't think but about 1/3 to 1/2 are active active. A lot of people just pop in now and again. 
  • Options
    I got some "I'm trying to be subtle and decide if you're pregnant or just fat" looks today from some ladies at our church this morning when they stopped by with the monthly newsletter and I couldn't figure out a way to be like "I'm pregnant so stop looking at me" without being super awkward. A couple people know but we certainly haven't made any huge sweeping announcements at church so I keep hoping it'll work it's way through the grapevine so I can avoid more staring. 

@BAJDesigns glad you snatched up your bedding! The set I wanted last time went on clearance at BRU and I didn't notice until it was on it's way to discontinued and I couldn't even order more in, so I bought what I could and literally sent my grandma on a hunt to a store an hour and half from her house (10+ hours from my house) to procure a crib skirt for me cause I neeeeeeded it and it was all gone!
  • Options
    But pleeeeeaaaase don't all just abandon this group. Us Facebook resistors will be so lonely if y'all leave!
  • Options
    aishmcaishmc member
    Stranger Things was awesome!  My husband and I binge watched it earlier this week.  I did have some weird dreams afterwards so beware.   

I'm trying to figure out what to watch next.  I'm supposed to start packing for a 3 week trip, but I'd like to avoid for another day or two.  
  • Options
    I would consider joining a Facebook group but am not 100% sure that I would... I do like the anonymity of the bump.  But I might join; none of you seem to be crazies ;)
  • Options
    @katesmama0706 I had my closest coworker  side eye my bump and I was like, Pay no attention to the bump behind the curtain (my dress). I figured the jig was up and I needed to let her know. Turns out she was just admiring my dress haha. 
    And then there were three...

• Options
    FYI we have a couple people in my last bump month FB who have Facebook only for the group it took me a while to realize that some of the names were funky and that was why lol! But the bump kinda imploded on my last bump month group when the change over happened so I think that was a heavy motivator. I use the bump way more this pregnancy than the last but still don't feel like a cool kid lol 
  • Options
    I looooove Stranger Things! Such a good show. I haven't decided if I would join a Facebook group. I probably would though, you all seem pretty cool and not like serial killers. Or maybe I'm being naïve....heh.

Jan '17 August siggy challenge: Cat fails

• Options
    canavaracanavara member
    edited July 2016
    @TinaBelcher @loveinak @sagoon I totally caved and started watching Stranger Things first :smiley: It's SO good. Reminds me of watching Freaks and Geeks except more Steven Spielberg-y and creepier!

ETA

@katesmama0706 Ahhh that's so rude of them. Is your church really big?
  • Options
    Facebook groups are amazing. I'm so tight with my o14 group. We have meet ups and I love them. That being said, I joined around 30 weeks with my first. It was lots of fun for us all to be contemplating whether or not we were in labor for weeks on end. 
  • Options
    @ThePax89 yes! We started asking who would be keeping us all entertained that day haha!