January 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms 2.0

Re: Randoms 2.0

• Options
    @underthesea we're transitioning to a "big girl bed" in the next month and I know I'm gonna wish I could just nurse her to sleep during the transition. *sigh* oh well! My body was so done producing milk.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My random is that we finally finished DD's new room and we transitioned her last night to sleep in her new queen bed (with bumpers). She did great! She was SO excited about it and put up zero fuss. I. Am. Shocked. But so relieved. Hopefully now she won't associate the new baby as "taking" her old room. 

@underthesea I've got my fingers crossed for you that your DD adapts soon. Is she good at night time with the change? Just not naps? I'm dreading the first nap we have to deal with in the new room. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LastMango said:
    @underthesea I've got my fingers crossed for you that your DD adapts soon. Is she good at night time with the change? Just not naps? I'm dreading the first nap we have to deal with in the new room. 
    @LastMango yes she is perfect at night. Lays in bed until she falls asleep and never gets out until morning. I am so surprised! It's just naps that are absolutely awful. Today I took everything out of her room. I don't know what's going on in there because she ripped down the monitor. I'm about to go check on her. 

Hoping your our dd does great at nap time! How all is she?
  • Options
    So I just wanted to say Thank God for Chiropractors. I have been limping around for two days with this hip pain. I have been uncomfortable for a few weeks but things really amped up on Wednesday. My adjustment cut the pain by half at least! Like, it worked so well I'm wondering if I am giving myself a placebo effect. Either way I'll take it!! Happy mama!
  • Options
    @BAJDesigns awesome! So glad to hear you e found something to help a little. 
  • Options
    @BAJDesigns I did acupuncture at the end of my pregnancy last time. It totally alleviated all of my hip pain and helped me sleep. DH said "it's probably all in your head". I told him I didn't care if it was or not because the pain was gone and I was sleeping! Glad the chiropractor worked well for you!
    Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17
  • Options
    Acupuncture is amazing! I just had an appointment on Tuesday, and it resolved my *ahem* blockage issues that were the result of being able to eat nothing but mac and cheese for days. And made me sleep like a baby for 2 nights after. I've totally become an acupuncture zealot... 
  • Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    Did anyone else notice how the BGs deleted that dirty delete baby sex u/s post, but still haven't stickied our Great Big Biological Sex thread yet?

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Options
    Wait, what dirty delete baby sex u/s post? Was that in our group? I've been gone all day so missed a lot...it was a post dedicated to showing the u/s "potty shots"? 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    @mommywesley We had a drive-by "here's my baby's genitals but I don't believe the u/s tech, what do you think?" post. When she didn't get the answers she wanted (aka we of course had no clue?) she deleted her original post and changed the thread title since a normal user can't delete their thread. But now the thread is completely gone. I've never seen that happen before, only ever post get closed for further comments. It's weird to me. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Options
    Is anyone else's hips killing them? It is WAY too soon for this!

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options
    @BAJDesigns yes it's it awesome!! I found a new chiropractor here to start working on aligning my pelvic bones for delivery and whenever I walk out of there I feel like one of those balloons in front of the car sale lots 
  • Options
    @cjs260 because sex is a dirrrrrty word. Especially when used to describe whether or not babies have a Y chromosome. Gross. 
  • Options
    @LastMango just went and checked on her. She had stripped her clothes and diaper off and pooped on the bed. She's unbelievable. 
    @underthesea Oh nooooo! I wish I had some words of advice. It seems like she wasn't ready to transition from the crib but if she was crawling out it didn't leave you with much choice. You have my sympathy. 

It's official. Dd will have a monitor in her room until she's 16. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @cjs260 that is odd! They need to get on the ball and pin our thread!
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Options
    I posted on their walls - maybe that will work?
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    So I have been in deep denial about baby brain, but oh my goodness it is here! Filling out paperwork at the chiro this week I asked for the date three times! I forgot my password to my bank account and had to call DH at work and ask what it was (even though  am the one that set it up!). And the big one. I had to walk through the grocery store twice because after the first lap there were maybe 4 things in the cart. It's like I forgot what we eat!
  • Options
    @BAJDesigns So glad the chiro worked out for you. I went to see one shortly after I had a really nasty back accident (fell 6 feet onto a linoleum floor while at the very top of a pull-up bar in my kitchen a couple of years ago) and while doctors just wanted to prescribe me hydrocodone and tell me to stay in bed (which did not help at all), the chiropractor and his physical therapist got me back doing Crossfit within 3 weeks. I can only imagine how nice it would be for pregnancy aches and pains.
  • Options
    I'm in BRU for the first time to play around and oh my goodness!!! SO MANY THINGS! 
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    @sweetyjenj I have been going in to BRU about once a week or once every 2 weeks when I have some me time to just browse and play with things.  We don't even really need much for this baby but it is still fun and exciting! 
    BFP #1 1/19/09 EDD: 9/29/09 Caiden arrived 9/20/09
    BFP #2 4/1/10 EDD: 12/7/10 Ethan surprised us on 11/19/10
    BFP # 3 EDD :10/24/12 Rylan was born 10/17/12
    BFP #4 4/13/14 EDD:12/22/14  Nolan made his entrance on 12/15/2014
    BFP#5 5/22/17 EDD:1/27/17  It's a GIRL!!!!

• Options
    @ladysaceb it's so overwhelming, but definitely fun. I think we'll wait to buy anything big until after the baby shower, but we will need Everything since this is our first. I couldn't believe how many things we'll have to get!
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    This is a truly random comment. There is a song in the musical Hamilton called "Helpless". I've been following the "Bump-less" thread, and every time I see it I keep humming the song in my head, but singing it as "bump-leeeeeeess". 
  • Options
    @sweetyjenj I love BRU. We don't have one close to us so I have to make a special trip to go, it's about 45 minutes, and I definitely make a point to go pretty often. When I was pregnant last time I was having a hard time tracking down a completed set of the bedding I wanted from BRU so when I found a crib skirt at BRU close my grandma's house I sent her after it and she called me later that day "THIS IS THE BEST STORE EVER" and my grandpa started texting me the next week that he was going to have to call BRU and tell them she wasn't allowed in their store any more because she was having too much fun there. 
  • Options
    TinaBelcherTinaBelcher member
    edited August 2016
    As the Olympics get nearer I'm getting twitchy thinking about all of those athletes (and spectators and journalists etc) contracting zika and taking it to their home countries (and to the mosquitos in their home countries en masse) 

:|  I'm a freaking ball of sunshine eh?
  • Options
    Preach @tinabelcher. 10 more cases of local transmission were just confirmed in the Wynwood neighborhood in Miami. 6 of those people only lnew they were infected because officials went door to door and pee tested them. I'm twitchy right there with you. 
  • Options
    @tinabelcher we live no where near Florida, but I got bitten over the weekend and every once in a while my brain is like "omgggg" 
  • Options
    Another random for today! I was just looking at my calendar and realized if I play my cards right we could land our anatomy scan on DH's birthday. I probably won't mention the idea to him yet, I don't wanna work him up into it and then have them be booked full that day, I'll wait until they schedule it next week but I seriously think that would be so fun!
  • Options
    Do any other mamas with fitbits have issues with it picking up their steps when you are pushing a stroller (or a shopping cart I guess). I pushed my kids all over a museum and botanical garden today (my DH logged about 11,000 steps) and I only logged about 2,000. The only thing I can think is that it's because I was pushing the stroller and my arm was more "steady"? I am also irrationally angry that it didn't pick up my steps. Grr! 
    Due 1/21/17
  • Options
    @scgirl6113 yes. Pushing strollers or shopping carts makes the fitbit not count steps properly.  I have been told hooking it to your shoe or even your bra will allow it to still count your steps.
    BFP #1 1/19/09 EDD: 9/29/09 Caiden arrived 9/20/09
    BFP #2 4/1/10 EDD: 12/7/10 Ethan surprised us on 11/19/10
    BFP # 3 EDD :10/24/12 Rylan was born 10/17/12
    BFP #4 4/13/14 EDD:12/22/14  Nolan made his entrance on 12/15/2014
    BFP#5 5/22/17 EDD:1/27/17  It's a GIRL!!!!

• Options
    ladysaceb said:
    @scgirl6113 yes. Pushing strollers or shopping carts makes the fitbit not count steps properly.  I have been told hooking it to your shoe or even your bra will allow it to still count your steps.
    Thank you SO much! I will have to try the shoe/bra thing! I hadn't thought of that!
    Due 1/21/17
  • Options
    @scgirl6113 I always push grocery carts one handed for that reason. Someone recommended putting it in my pocket while pushing something so it will count the steps - haven't remembered to try it yet. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    @scgirl6113 I must push the shopping cart wrong. Any issues I normally have are it counting too many steps due to the vibrations... I had to change how I hold the steering wheel for this reason as well. 
  • Options
    We are moving into our new house next week! I've been on pinterest all day planning DD1 and the new nursery. I'm so excited!

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options
    @underthesea I'm glad I'm not the only one! I check the June-Aug birth thread to see all the sweet babies and read the stories! 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Options
    Congrats @AshleySparkle720! That's so awesome! I'm also jealous... We don't get to move in for two more weeks! 
  • Options
    @vgempis we were supposed to move in a month ago, but our lender messed up the paperwork and so we switched companies. It's been a LONG time coming!

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18