Pregnant after 35
Options

Things that chap my hide

2»

Re: Things that chap my hide

• Options
    @CarrieandRoy my husband makes fun of my list making too, but it's one of my coping strategies for my ADHD and when you add no meds and pregnancy brain on top of that? I may need to start consulting my 3 year old son's morning list so I can remember how to get ready to leave the house in the morning.  Not to mention, is there anything more satisfying than crossing off a bunch of boring and irritating stuff off a long list? It's right up there with the feeling I get right after I've cleaned my whole house.  It's possible I've been known to get up at night and walk around looking at how clean and organized things are because it makes me feel so happy and calm and I know it won't last. 
  • Options
    @Alitria -- yes! I love crossing things off my lists! And I love organizing things. I stand back and gaze at the glorious neatness when I am done. My old coworkers used to call me "90 degree angles" because the stacks of paper on my desk were always lined up perfectly. They would come in my work area and slide things around and push books out of line on my bookshelf and dare me not to fix them.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    bahahahah I can relate, like growing a human is such an easy task! lol
  • Options
    happyhorsehappyhorse member
    edited February 2016
    Is it ok to grump about others and not my husband? He's been super supportive and a great dad. 

One pet pet peeve I have is when OTHER dads complain about what a PITA their kids are to me. I'm an engineer by training, now Sr management so I  work with mostly men. I want to say "bro, please. Instead of complaining about noise and chaos, why aren't you taking them to the park or something so your lady can take a break or have focus time?" Because my husband is awesome like that!

Another gripe. Honestly, this isn't a big deal. But I'm nursing my 16 mo daughter while pregnant. But since way back at 6 mo, before I was expecting, I've gotten lectured on her being too old to nurse by other ladies.  I've got no gripe with formula or nursing however long you want and want no gripe back. 

Only lady friends and acquaintances have said anything.   No strangers. And no one has been mean, just preachy.

So with both of my gripes, I look at it as a silver lining that people feel comfortable enough with me to say something. That's good, right? 

Baby Girl
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Boy
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FIL is visiting and starts going on about how we need to just let our son cry in the night if he wakes up. Then starts with all of these stories about his other grandkids. I couldn't take it. Kind of snapped that we had tried it, it hadn't worked for us, and I was choosing to enjoy cuddles with him while he was little. I'm fine with folks making the choices that work for them, but one way to make my blood boil is to tell me how to parent my kiddo when I have most certainly not asked for your advice and am not unhappy with my situation. Blah! Hopefully that's the last of that. I think I shut it down pretty quick. But now I feel bad if I was rude. But telling me what I "need" to do with my child was rude too, right? Deep breaths. 
  • Options
    DH's friend has told us more than once that when the baby comes we NEED to let her cry. I just ignore it, but I'm hoping DH is ignoring it, too.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    Yeah. People love to hand out unsolicited advice and I would hope by now I would be immune. But no. 

The silver lining of this is that my DH told me later that my FIL felt badly and talked to him about it and my DH said all kinds of amazing and sweet things about what amazing and hardworking mom I am and how I pour my life into our son and that is why I probably felt a little defensive. That was the best Valentine ever. And FIL apologized too.