Infertility
Options

Feb/March IVF/FET

Re: Feb/March IVF/FET

• Options
    @2015dee Yes! Join us! I am so sorry for you loss and that your journey brings you here. IVF is such a hopeful step because it makes me feel like science is really going to make it finally happen. It is totally normal to feel nervous and overwhelmed but feel free to ask any questions you may have. 

@twomommiestobe Not only keeping track of who took what, I can't imagine the raging hormones with BOTH of you on meds! What a journey you both are going through. 

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    susykat77 said:

@2015dee Yes! Join us! I am so sorry for you loss and that your journey brings you here. IVF is such a hopeful step because it makes me feel like science is really going to make it finally happen. It is totally normal to feel nervous and overwhelmed but feel free to ask any questions you may have. 

@twomommiestobe Not only keeping track of who took what, I can't imagine the raging hormones with BOTH of you on meds! What a journey you both are going through. 

Just these bcp alone are making us very angry and snappy. I'm scared to see how we react to all of the others! Lol

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi ladies, and welcome @2015dee
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Options
    Oops, posted pp to soon.

We have an apt with a second clinic to get their IVF rundown - they have a different payment structure that I am very interested in. That will be on Thursday. Hoping we will pick which clinic we are going to go with by Monday so we can get this ball rolling! I really like my current RE, but this one has a deal where if the IVF does not work, you get most of the money back, or try again with rolling the previous payment over. I am very interested to learn the exact details. We are OOP.

@oxinfree good luck with your appointment tomorrow! I am doing ok. Had a few blows today though. 1 - I am pretty sure I have the stomach flu, not fun. Hopefully lunch goes well. 2. I locked my keys in my office this morning. 3 - I found out that a coworker is pregnant with their FOURTH child. I am very happy for them, but 1 after the last they were not having any more and 2 this well be their 3rd child they have had since we started trying. There were a few announcements this holiday season, but this one stung the most.

Yea, sex is hard, although, this month since we are in the limbo btwn treatments and I am not tracking anything, it has been great! No pressure!!

And I am slacking on posting those curry recipes; I will try to remember to post them tonight.
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen

Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
  • Options
    Hi All, Happy New Year! I'd love to join you all on your journey as well... (A very special thanks to @_Amanda_ & @oxinfree for introducing me to this board!) 

A little about me: I'm 33 (will be 34 in Feb.) and DH is 32 (33 in Feb.). We've been seriously trying for 14 cycles and started IUIs this past summer due to recommendations from my OBGYN & RE. We did 5 IUIs and the 5th was successful, but unfortunately I miscarried after 7 weeks. I had to have a D&C (They discovered I had a retroverted uterus during the D&C) and had a very difficult recovery over the holidays... I was so devastated and am just now feeling a little better... And we're moving on to IVF with PGD in January. (As soon as I start my period.) But since they are going to put me on the pill, etc none of the action will really start until February... 

I honestly can't believe I am headed back to the fertility clinic (Tomorrow is my first post-D&C appointment...) -- I thought I was done with that for now! I feel like I am starting over, but as my husband says -- we're actually just in the middle of this journey. (I'm usually the optimistic one, but feel like I have lost my optimism... And he is being so optimistic about everything!) 

Just looking for a community of other women going through the same thing at the same time. So glad to have found you all here!

One question I have for you all... Have any of you had to stay away from Facebook? I decided to basically quit in the new year due to all of the baby and pregnancy announcements. (How is it even possible that there are new ones every day?!?!) I really don't want to feel bad when I see them, but I can't help it! Anyone else feeling the same way? 

Looking forward to going on this journey with you! xo  
  • Options
    FB is the WORST. I usually try to only look at/ keep up with close friends on it, but I was hit pretty hard by an announcement today, I am really considering deleting it from my phone so that I am not tempted when I am killing time.

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!

• Options
    O, and welcome, good to have you with us. And good luck!

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!

• Options
    @vssbrm Thank you so much for the warm welcome! YES! I got rid of Facebook on my phone and I feel so free -- I highly recommend doing it! I also decided that when I (hopefully! finally!) do get pregnant I will post about my fertility struggles on FB so all of those who are struggling can have a little support... 
  • Options

@vssbrn thanks for the welcome. We are OOP too. The clinic we are using (which is 6 hours away from us) has a plan where you pay an increased amount that covers up to 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycles. If that doesn't work, you can get a 70% refund. We haven't decided if we are going to go that route or not, it seems like such a gamble to me. We are completely OOP too. :( Which of the RE options has the higher success rate?

@jewels292 welcome, I'm new too. :) So sorry about your loss. I feel your pain. I don't stay away from FB anymore, but did have trouble with it when we were earlier TTC (and closer to my own loss). In general though, I don't think FB is that good for anyone....TTC or not. :)

<3 *Loss & bfp mentioned*

me 28 (Lean PCOS, hypothyroid) dh 33
    TTC #1 since early 2011
    May 2011- natural pregnancy (metformin only); m/c @ 9 weeks + D&C
    July 2011- lap to remove dermoid cyst
    August 2012-current- 9 rounds of Clomid, 1 cycle of Femara, several cycles of soy isos, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFN
    August 2014- lap to remove uterine septum. Everything else looking good.
    Moving onto IVF Feb/March 2016 Just kidding. Natural bfp 1/30/16.
    1st beta 2/1 = 110. 2nd beta 2/3 = 332.

First ultrasound 2/19 - one baby with a heart rate of 127! EDD 10/11/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm feeling good so far! The first month of BCPs was hard because they made me feel so bad (weight gain, losing hair, tired and mopey, pimples!) but I think my body has adjusted to it. I won't start stimming until early Feb. We were going to do the January cycle but ended up pushing it off a month because of work and some other things. 

FB announcements don't bother me so much anymore. It did for a while, but I'm feeling pretty good about trying IVF and hopefully it will mean that we will (all of us here!) have our own announcements to make.
    And YES to impatience. Knowing it is only a month away is exciting. So close but still so far! Waiting for the nurse to call so we can go over the steps, so running to the phone when it rings, I'm like Number 5 from Short Circuit "Need input!!!"

IUI #1 November 2015 - 0% Motility
    IVF #1 January 2016 - (FAIL/Over-suppressed)
    IVF #2 May 2016 - (FAIL/25 eggs, 1 5BB xx, PGS abnormal)
  • Options
    Hey all! I'm hoping to join you all of you don't mind! I am 31 and DH is 33. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and we have been trying to conceive for 2 years and started with a RE this past July.

**bfp and loss mentioned**

This will be my first IVF cycle after 3 IUIs with the second and third both being chemical pregnancies. Still waiting for my HCG to normalize after the most recent cycle and go in for repeat blood work on Fri. I'm hoping for the call that says I can start BCPs that evening. I didn't think that I would be excited/looking forward to being back on BCPs while TTC! I was hoping to start them over the holidays so I could hit 2016 on the ground running but like usual, my body just didn't want to cooperate with the schedule I had planned in my head. Isn't that always the case though?

Facebook has been bumming me out too lately. What really gets me emotional/super bummed is the announcements that "so and so is going to be a big sister/brother!" especially when the first child is barely a year old. That's when it gets me that I have been trying to have just one in the same amount of time these people seem to be popping out two or three.

I'm so glad for this support in this crazy journey that we unfortunately all share.
  • Options
    @Jewels292 so sorry about your loss and tough recovery. I'm glad you found this place though! I'm a February birthday too! Looks like we might be on a similar IVF schedule so hopefully that means February will be a good month for us.
  • Options

@susykat77I’m so sorry you had to go through that pregnancy announcement. It’s so hard. I know. My BFF is pg with #6, and she didn’t tell me until she was ready to announce on FB. I felt really crummy about it. L

@twomommiestobetwo mommies doing meds at the same time!! That is so true!!

@2015deeWelcome! I recognize your name from Soul Cysters! I’m so sorry you’ve endured a loss. I can relate as I’ve lost 2 pregnancies (1 singleton and 1 set of twins). Good luck to you! I’m also meeting with our RE tomorrow for our first IVF consult! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

@Jewels292I’m so happy you found us here! These ladies are wonderful and so supportive! I do feel the same way in regards to the FB pg announcements. L I don’t want to feel that way.

@mtpbadgerWelcome! I also have PCOS and this will be our first IVF cycle! I’m so sorry to hear of your chemical pregnancies. I have had two early losses as well. Have you considered PGD testing?

AFM – I have an announcement…. Wait for it….. our IVF consult has been moved up to TOMORROW!!! I’M STOKED! I called this morning to see if they had any cancellations, so we could go in before Jan 11th, but they didn’t have any. :( Well, this afternoon, I guess they remembered I called because they called me after they had two cancellations today! :-O DH and I are so excited!! I’m ready to get this show on the road!! ALSO, (sorry for the all caps, can you tell I’m excited?!)…. I’m on a natural cycle right now, and this morning I woke up, started to brew my tea and make my way downstairs to the office (I work from home.). I sat down and started working. Immediately, I was hit with a huge draft of nausea. Within 90 seconds, I was in the bathroom vomiting. I’m 4dpo, so I’m thinking this has no relation to pregnancy; however, I have my hopes up. With my daughter, I vomited the day after I O’d on her cycle. I never knew why, but I suspected it was because of the major shift of hormones. I had not O’d in the last 10 years. I’m not sure why I vomited this time, but like I said, I have my hopes way up for a natural pregnancy. I hate the roller coaster!

Me (33) | DH (33)
    Married in Oct 2005

TTC #1 Sept 2007.  Dx PCOS w/ IR, no ovulation, 6 cycles of Clomid failed. First cycle of Femara gave us our first miracle in May 2011
    TTC #2. 10+ cycles of Femara w/ TI, Femara w/ IUI, Starting IVF #1 in January 2015
    My Blog

• Options
    Hey all. I'm kinda late joining the group, but I just had my first BFN FET cycle.

A little about me and our journey so far: Started trying in March 2014, first met with RE in August 2014 after doing OPKs and never seeing a positive. I was diagnosed with PCOS, DH has excellent swimmers. We did 6 rounds of IUI, one of which was cancelled because no eggs grew. We moved to IVF in September, did first retrieval at the end of October. We got 14 eggs, 11 fertilized, 9 made it to day 5. Even though I was overstimmed, we decided to transfer 2 embryos as we had already paid for it. Obviously it didn't work. Went right into a FET cycle, transferred 2 more embryos 3 days before Christmas. Just got confirmation this afternoon that it didn't work. We'll be going into another FET once I start a period. Will hopefully transfer near the beginning of February.

It's so great to have this section of the bump. I only know two people IRL who deal with infertility and most of the other people I know are supportive, but don't totally get what we're going through. Come on BFP2016!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    Oh my gosh ladies... I've been so busy and now I'm so behind...

@AandDM2014 - welcome. Sorry to hear about your long struggles with PCOS and failed IUIS and failed IVFs. I'm in a similar boat, although we skipped IUIs after unsuccessful clomid and semen analysis showed 1% morphology. We also have had 2 failed IVFS (also 1 fresh 1 frozen). We only had 4 embryos though so took a long break before feeling ready to start again from square 1. Are you doing anything different this frozen cycle?

@_Amanda_ - yay for Consult Day! Best of luck to you! Let us know what comes of it! :)

hey @mtpbadger ! Welcome to the group. Excited for you to get started with IVF. Do they have a plan of action for the cycle at all yet? Any additional testing? I'm just curious as you've conceived on IUI, so hopefully they will be approaching something a little different for IVF for you to avoid another chemical? And agreed about bodies not cooperating. We learn quick as infertiles to give up the reigns. 

@susykat77 - ugh... just read about the halftime announcement. Were these friends who knew about your situation? I had a gathering once full of friends who knew about our infertility, and somehow a conversation came up about a friend's baby shower, which turned into a conversation about how this couple wasn't even trying and how they're so not ready to be parents and are party animals and how they can't picture them as parents. And I was sitting there like really? I had to excuse myself and go cry in the bathroom. A friend caught me in the hall and hugged me and told me she totally got it, and felt bad etc. Its hard for them to really understand how we process things as infertiles. An announcement like that is best told at a time when we can process those emotions without diminishing their celebration, but also allowing for us to grieve. Anyways. I joined your pity party there for a little bit. I think it was warranted ;) big hugs. 

@2015dee - welcome. how did your first appointment go? would love to know more about your background and experiences and what kind of testing you're doing, protocol etc. How are you handling absorbing all the info? :)

@twomommiestobe - lol - oh my, you had me giggling good about you both being on hormones. So true! Can only think back to being in a house with girlfriends through university and our cycles synching up and how bad that could be, then multiply it with the meds and throw in a significant other (whom we are often more inclined to be hard on) and recipe for disaster. Based on what I see so far from your personality though, I'm sure you're super supportive and things aren't so bad. But imagine there could be a few moments here and there regardless with the stress of TTC ;) 

@vssbrm - wow. bad day indeed! sorry you had the flu... never fun! That's so hard. I have friends who have had their second child now, and whom were married after us, and started trying way after us, so know how that can feel. It can feel quite unfair sometimes, but overall everyone has their own struggles. I try and keep that in perspective when I can. Doesn't make it better, but sometimes a little easier remembering that everyone has something going on and we don't always know about it! big hugs to you my dear. picked an RE yet?

everyone else, I'll have to catch you next time. I have friends in town who are anxiously trying to get out and about and need to host. I'll be better. Thinking of you all though!

AFM: I had my first "tracking" appointment which went fine. Looks like he might trigger me to O but still likely won't have biopsy in time for DH to still be in town. Alas, I'll have to brave it all alone. Anyone in NY wanna babysit me? haha jk... kinda... I have another tracking appointment Wednesday and will be back with an update then! 

ciao for now!
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options

@_Amanda_ and @oxinfree, my RE did discuss PGD testing but doesn't recommend it at this time as she doesn't believe it's an egg quality issue that's causing the CPs. We are thinking it is probably my lining as it was on the thin side for an IUI and we found out my body doesn't respond well to the estrace. She anticipates my body producing enough natural estrogen with the multiple follicles for this not to be an issue.

My RE and nurse did review the protocol with me and I have the hand out but in all honesty, I haven't looked at it too closely yet since I haven't even start BCPs yet. It's tucked away in it's folder until I can fill in the dates on it. While I am on BCP I will have a saline sonogram as well as a mock embryo transfer so they can know the perfect placement for the ET when it's time.

@_Amanda_, I hope you O'd and fingers crossed! That would be so exciting!

• Options
    @oxinfree I won't know anything about what our plan is until I start a period. I'm assuming it will be very similar to what we did this past time as I got a 9 HCG on Saturday. I hoping that they'll up the meds to get my lining to grow, as it was very slow to thicken. Normal numbers are 1-2mm per day, and I was at less than 1mm every 2 days. My transfer ended up being delayed by almost a week from the original estimate, and when we did the first trigger and started PIO (with transfer 5 days later) I was really only at 7.9mm, when they prefer a minimum of 8, closer to 10.

@_Amanda_ Hopefully you did O and you can skip having to do IVF altogether!! FX

@mtpbadger I totally get where you're coming from re announcements about a second child so close in age to the first! I hate that!! I know at least 4 people who started trying after us and have already had their babies, one who started trying over a year after we did. Ugh, life is sometimes sucky. The thing I try to keep in mind is this: My baby(ies) will ALWAYS know how wanted they were, how much DH and I went through to get them.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options

@_Amanda_ so happy to hear that your consult was moved up! hopefully you'll get your BFP this cycle and won't need it though. fx!

@mtpbadger welcome! I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. Does your RE have any guesses as to why? Hoping for a sticky IVF bean for you.

@AandDM2014 - Wow--you've had quite the journey so far. I'm glad that you had some to freeze after your fresh cycle, so you don't have to go through that all over again. How does a frozen cycle compare to a fresh?

@oxinfree - hello!! a little about me...I'm a psychologist, working full-time in clinical practice. Come from a big family (4 siblings) and have 3 dogs! Now we just need a little one! My IF journey has been a long one. We actually took this past year off of treatments due to numerous other difficult things going on in life, including the death of my brother. So 2015 sucked to put it lightly. But I am really excited to get started with IVF. Before 2015 took a nose dive, we already had the IVF cycle planned. I'll be doing an antagonist protocol. I will start with 3-4 weeks of BCP, but I have to take the "mini pill" (progesterone only). I had a blood clot on birth control in my early 20s, so I have to steer clear of estrogen. I HATE the "mini pill" and how my body responds to it, so I am not excited about that. My AMH is around 14, but FSH is somewhat high for my age (highest reading was 9). The plan last year was to start with 150 follistim and 75 menopur per day. I have no idea what dosages are normal, so we will see!

TTC #1 since early 2011
    August 2012-current- 9 rounds of Clomid, 1 cycle of Femara, several cycles of soy isos, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @2015dee I am extremely thankful that we got so many frozen embies. We're not going to do another fresh cycle. Whatever we get from our remaining snowflakes is it. I found the frozen cycle to be much easier, as I'm sure everyone does.
    - During my retrieval cycle I started with 2 tummy injections and moved up to 3 per day. With the frozen it was only 1 and a very small amount of liquid.
    - I got way over stimmed on the fresh cycle, so I was in lots of pain due to overly large ovaries. I actually took a picture from my last u/s and posted that my ovaries were kissing each other. They were so large they were actually touching, quite a bit.
    - We switched progesterone methods. I did just suppositories during the fresh, but they gave me a wicked UTI (which I'm prone to anyway). Before the start of the frozen my nurse was going over the meds and said my doc wanted to do both suppositories and PIO injections. I asked if we could increase the injections and not do the supps because of the UTI and he agreed.
    - My body was definitely way less taxed for the frozen cycle, as it should be. At least I got a positive HCG test, even it was only at 9.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss this past year. Death is never an easy experience, especially when it is someone that close to you. I'm surprised to see that your doc allowed you to do 9 rounds of Clomid. The cutoff at my clinic is 6 as it can potentially be bad for you to do more than that (not that anyone going through infertility will care if they get ovarian cancer later in life, they don't work anyway!). I hope all goes well for you and it is an easy cycle. I personally found that it was much easier for me to make the DH do all my injections. Over the course of the fresh and frozen cycle I only had to do one myself because DH was gone literally all day and most of the night. My feeling is that if I have to get my body pumped full of hormones and have wild mood swings and feel like a bloated whale, then DH can do the injections. His only other job is masturbating once. Wow, so challenging. He was/is a good sport about it, even telling me that I didn't need to help mix the meds because "I've got it down to a science" (on day 2 no less). Lol!

I did those same dosages of meds, though I ended up switching to gonal-f (from follistim) because of the pharmacy I chose. I then added cetrotide closer to retrieval. Hope all goes well for you!! FX!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @_Amanda_  and @oxinfree Thanks for your support - that announcement really hurt and it still does.

@Jewels292 Welcome! I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad that you have discovered that you have a retroverted uterus - it has the potential for making it hard to see what is going on in your uterus when you are pregnant - as in you may not see the HB until much later because the little one could be hiding in the back. And yes, FB is torture right now. I think that I was ok with the announcements and baby pics until I had my MC. I should take it off of my phone. I like what your husband said about being in the middle of your journey. II ned to remember that and I'd like to think that is where we all are right now.

@2015dee The clinic I looked at here in Colorado had a similar plan but we didn't qualify as the requirements were pretty strict - although if you can I think that is a great route to go. You never know how many times it may take before starting - such a hard decision to make!! I am so sorry about the loss of your brother - big hugs to you.

@mptbadger  Welcome! I am so sorry for your losses. I am with you about the sibling posts - or the oops I guess we are having another. I am happy for others but I am just to raw right now to contain my personal sorrow. It's good that your doc has a plan - sounds like the thin lining should be helped by the multiple follicles. Yay!

@_Amanda_ Wow! Big hugs to you. It must be so hard that you BFF is 1) having #6 and 2) didn't tell you until later. No one really knows how to handle us infertility gals - I swear I feel like there is no right answer.  SO EXCITING that your appointment is today and how AMAZING would it be to have a natural BFP!! Fx for you!! Let us know how the appointment goes!!

@oxinfree Happy to hear that your first tracking appointment went well. If I were in NY, I would totally babysit you. So sorry that you have to go at it alone but I am happy that things are moving forward for you. Have fun with your friends!!

@AandDM2014 Welcome! I am sorry about your bfn. Fx for you for your next cycle! It is really wonderful that you still have 5 frosties!! My FET cycle was way better than my fresh transfer as well. 

Whew! I think I got everyone. Happy Tuesday!

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Wow @susykat77! I just read your two most recent blog posts. I am so very sorry for your loss. Even as someone who is experiencing infertility as well it is hard to think of what to say. I hope that whatever you decide to do next makes your and your DH happy.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @Jewels292 I deactivated my Facebook before Thanksgiving. I had read an article talking about the correlation of happiness and self worth and Facebook. I do not regret it one bit!!!

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Quick update after visit with RE. I will start prometrium on January 21 to induce AF. Once I get AF, I'll start birth control and have my sonohystogram and trial transfer sometime around Feb 5 then begin stims in mid-February. That's a little sooner than I was planning, but he said he was thinking I might hyperstim and that we would likely do a freeze-all. Then do a FET the next cycle. Has anyone done this? With a positive beta, I'll start Lovenox and be on it for the duration of my pregnancy. So that's the plan for now. Said he estimates a 65% chance per cycle. Eeek!!! I'll pop back in later to catch up and do personals.

And thank you, so so much, for your kind words about my brother. Still missing him everyday.

TTC #1 since early 2011

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @2015dee I have experience with hyperstim, but still doing a transfer, freezing extras. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I too was supposed to have 65-72% chance of positive beta for both my transfers, and that didn't happen. I don't understand why they tell you that, when that isn't really the case. That would imply that if you did two transfers, you would be guaranteed a child. But no. I think it's closer to around 30% each time, even when you transfer 2, unless you PGD every embryo. Sorry for the pessimism, but that is what infertility has done to me about getting pregnant. I have faith in modern medicine and in REs actually caring and doing everything they can to get their patients pregnant.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a little late joining in. I found out last week the our FET wasn't successful. The first time we transferred 2 and the second time one. We did PGD testing. We are starting the IVF over again. I start BCP's today and will probably start the medications in a few weeks. I'm 38 (ahhh. 39 in 4 days!) and DH is 43. Unexplained infertility. This process has been stressful but being here for support really helps. Hope I can join in and do this together. I'm still reading all the previous posts and catching up. I went yesterday for bloodwork and ultrasound and they did a miscarriage panel for more info. I haven't miscarried but they thought I might have implantation issues and we're trying to get more info. I get those results today and instructions to move forward. I know they are using Gonal-F this time. I priced out the cost and almost fell out of my chair! All of this is out of pocket for us. Looking forward to meeting you all. Happy New Year!
  • Options
    Hey ladies. Just a general hello, happy Wednesday :) halfway through the week post.
    I hope you are all doing fabulously. 

I'm enjoying my time visiting with friends, but also finding it tiring between all the other things I have going on. 

This morning I had another checkup to see if the leading follicle was ready to trigger (or if magically I had ovulated) neither of which were the case. So back on Friday again now. Boo! Just want this whole biopsy ordeal over with so I can move forward with an actual cycle. I'm so impatient. 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    Hi! Just checking in, I think J am a little behind on reading the posts from the past few days - my phone does not like to update this site properly.

@2015dee I am so sorry to read about you loss and set backs. As if infertility is not hard enough, I could not imagine losing my brother in the middle of treatments.

@oxinfree things never seem to go as hoped in this process, when we want things to hurry they go slowly, or when we need just one more day they happen a day early.

@Joyzie77 welcome! I hope this next round works for you guys! We are out of pocket too, I think I broke all the chairs I have fallen out of when seeing costs for all the treatments. But hopefully it will all be worth it.

@AandDM2014 I don't think you need to apologize for the pessimism. I think it is good to get a reality check every once in a while. Especially in this process. I think with how far IVF has come, we go into it thinking we are guaranteed a child. I am constantly reminding myself and others who know we are going through this, that it is by no means a guarantee. I wish you lots of luck in this next round!

@twomommiestobe I need to deactivate my Facebook too. Right now I am have FOMO big time for it. Which is silly because I rarely post on it, and the people I truly care about following on it, I talk to often enough that I do not need FB to know what is going on in their lives!

We have a second clinic consult tomorrow and will decide if we are going to stay with our current one or switch to this new one for IVF. I am excited to meet with this new doctor and see what their clinic has to offer, especially what this guarantee program is all about. Tonight I am going to be submitting our Application for military discount at the pharmacy as well. Is any one else completely overwhelmed by all of the pharmacy options?

Hump day!!

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!

• Options

@AandDM2014 - how many frosties do you have left? From looking at your siggy, I am guessing 3? It's such a hard decision about knowing when to stop with IF treatments. I may have missed this somewhere, but what is your diagnosis? Is there any chance of a natural pregnancy once you stop fertility treatments? I hate this journey sometimes and how much people have to go through. Somewhere inside me, I feel confident that I will someday have children, it is just a matter of how and when I suppose. I'm not expecting IVF to work the first or even second time, but I am hopeful that it will work. And about the 9 rounds of clomid thing.....I did 6 rounds and BFNs, but then it was discovered that I had a septum. The septum was surgically removed. Dr thought it could impact pregnancy chances and that it was reasonable to try clomid again, so we went for it.

@Joyzie77 - hello and welcome! I'm so sorry about the BFNs. :( I hope you get the results you need from the miscarriage panel. I had one done after I had a loss, and it didn't really show anything except MTHFR, which I've heard almost half the population has. KUP on your results and good luck!

@oxinfree - Happy Wednesday to you! What exactly is the biopsy for? Hopefully it's quick and painless!

TTC #1 since early 2011

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Joyzie77 Welcome! I think you'll find this group of ladies very supportive and wonderful. So sorry to hear about your recent FET. Always a bummer when those don't work!

@oxinfree I must have missed that post. What are you doing a biopsy for?

@vssbrm At my clinic they have a guarantee program, but only if you buy from an outside source. It's very strange how it works, and you don't get all your money back either. We chose not to go that route because it was like $38,000. Hopefully yours will be more reasonable than mine!

@2015dee We actually have 5 left. We had 9 that made it to day 5 and froze 7 while transferring two that retrieval cycle. I'm thinking that we'll transfer 2 again this next time, and if that doesn't work then maybe get some more testing done to see why before deciding what to do with the remaining 3. I think because of my age my dr would never transfer 3. I have PCOS, and I never ovulate on my own, so I have no chance of conceiving without medical intervention. Normally the advice for women who have PCOS is to lose 10% of their body weight, but if I did that I would weigh 112 pounds. I wouldn't have enough body to support a pregnancy at that point, so that won't work for me. I see now that your signature says lean PCOS, just like me. Same advice also wouldn't work for you. And about your clomid use, that makes much more sense. I can understand why they'd do that.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @AandDM2014 and @2015dee - sorry, ya, I'm doing a uterine biopsy to look at receptivity issues. At the same time they're doing an SHG and a trial transfer. They're putting me to sleep as it likely isn't going to be great given all they're doing so to make it easier on them without me clenching in pain etc. I'm just being tracked as they do it at 10DPO and watching for ovulation currently (might be triggered on Friday depending). 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @AandDM2014 - yep, I'm probably right around the same weight as you because I'd be around 112 if I lost 10% of my body weight too. I do sometimes ovulate on my own, but very irregularly. You got such a great number of frosties, so that's encouraging!!! Something has to work! Do you respond at all to
    Metformin?

So....got my calendar today and even more freaked out. :( Start bc on Jan 30, stims on Feb 26. He has me starting with 300 follistim and 75 menopur. Planning to do a Lupron trigger and freeze all. Ugh. Just want to get this over with!!!!

TTC #1 since early 2011

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @2015dee I don't know if I ever ovulate on my own. Once we started trying and I went off birth control I didn't ovulate until I went to the RE and took Clomid. I never tracked it before then as I wasn't trying for a baby. I didn't know I had PCOS until the RE told me. I've never taken metformin, just Clomid, then moved on to IVF meds. I am very thankful for the number of frosties we got. I know that some women don't get any. As to your meds for IVF, that is a lot of follistim! Holy cow! I agree with the freezing all then doing an FET. It's much easier on the body and easier to control your hormone levels.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    _Amanda__Amanda_ member
    edited January 2016
    Ladies, I am so far behind!! :( I promise to catch up and reply to each of you. I've been thinking of you all since our IVF consult yesterday. I've tried so hard to put my "work" down and come on the share the news with you all!   It was quite the visit. I'll say that! About 4.5 hours of "stuff"..... I blogged about it on my blog here:  rightalignedmind.blogspot.com  If you want to read it all, please do. I will warn you, there is mention of possible pregnancy in my post. However, I am not 'that' hopeful. Hah! 

Me (33) | DH (33)
    Married in Oct 2005

TTC #1 Sept 2007.  Dx PCOS w/ IR, no ovulation, 6 cycles of Clomid failed. First cycle of Femara gave us our first miracle in May 2011
    TTC #2. 10+ cycles of Femara w/ TI, Femara w/ IUI, Starting IVF #1 in January 2015
    My Blog

• Options
    @AandDM2014 Metformin actually is what I've ovulated on before. I'm not insulin resistant, but it worked for me for some reason. And ya, on those dosages, I'm scared my ovaries might explode. I just wish I understood his thinking on such a high dose!

@_Amanda_ - 3 follies on a natural cycle!?! That's incredible! Holding onto hope for you! IF this doesn't work, do you know what kind of protocol you'll be on?

TTC #1 since early 2011

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @2015dee I was at 150 gonal-f, got reduced to 112.5 then 75 and I still had my ovaries make so many follicles that they were touching! I was on the brink of overstim, but my doctor kept me from going over. His thinking is probably that you have PCOS, so who knows how you'll respond, especially since you haven't done an IVF cycle before. They can always reduce the meds if necessary. It is harder to start slow and get them to increase. Easier to make a lot, then slow it down with lower dosages.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @2015dee - @AandDM2014 is absolutely right. My docs understimmed me on our first round and tried to up dosage, but once your follicles start to grow theres really not much they can do to get other eggies to join them. Doc is probably just erring on the safe side in terms of getting you the best possible chances. OHSS is always a concern, but that's probably why they're planning on freezing and doing a FET... Let your body recover from pumping out so many eggs. Maybe you'll have a buttload to show for it and it'll all be worth it in the end. that's the hope! ;) 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    oxinfreeoxinfree member
    edited January 2016
    @_Amanda_ read your blog post...
    "
    I couldn’t help by laugh when the sonographer asked me if my head was spinning yet! I’ve managed an OB/GYN office and worked in billing/collections/coding for many years. No. Finally, all of my questions and concerns were being answered! I was relaxed and thankful." 
    You hit the nail on the head with that line. It's funny because this is our third round and I'm still learning more. Although it can be a lot to absorb, I'm also so thankful to be getting even more knowledge, understanding, and most importantly answers to why things haven't worked out for me with all we've done. 
    Glad you're still able to be hopeful about possible pregnancy, but at the same time its good that you're also realistic and grounded in your potentially needed IVF journey. 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    oxinfreeoxinfree member
    edited January 2016
    @vssbrm - how did your second consult go? What was the final decision (stay vs. go)? The guarantee program thing always makes me nervous. Sometimes they go overly aggressive to safeguard their interests, instead of doing what is best for you, your body and ultimately, your future baby. That's just my opinion though. Given all we go through, even with me feeling that way, it is such a tempting option. I haven't reached the meds portion of my cycle. In Canada my fertility clinic had an on-site pharmacy and I had really good coverage so didn't cost me anything... no decisions had to be made. Great that you can possibly get a discount. I'm curious about all these "options" you refer to. Probably something I'm going to run into now that I'm cycling in the U.S. and not know a thing about! eek :blush: 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    vssbrmvssbrm member
    edited January 2016
    So I just sat down after our 2hour consult this morning with a second IVF doc. You guys, I really like him. He might be the one! But in all seriousness, he impressed me. He is the first Doc to acknowledge to me that Celiacs can be an issue when getting pregnant. THE VERY FIRST. He has a protocol that he has seen success with and recommends we do it. I do not remember everything, but blood thinners and steroids are involved, not ideal, but I think I can deal with it for 2 weeks! He gave us their run down, reviewed all of our test results etc. he was very disappointed that our previous clinic even recommended we try IUI first (we did 4 of them) - hubby has on average of 8% morph. So that was disappointing to hear we blew thousands of dollars and time on that. It is a little more expensive than the one we are at now, but with some of the studies they are doing there it includes so much more, like the pgd testing. The whole guarantee plan does not sound ideal for us, unless something comes out of the genetic counseling we will not end up doing. It essentially doubles the cost of the IVF. With the information we provided him today, he thinks we have about a 70% chance of conceiving on the first round, possibly higher with the chromosome testing. So yea, not going to bother with it.

For just the fact that he acknowledged Celiacs as being a hurdle, I am thinking this is our guy. My current RE hardly spent 30 seconds thinking about it, before deciding it is not an issue. O, and he said my amh is to be envied! It is nice to her a compliment toward a test, makes having them all see worth while! But he wants to test it again since it has not been tested in a year.

We are going to talk about it this weekend and decide by Monday. If we go with this clinic I will start all the meds around February 16th, after my next cycle. I have a trip to see my best friend, in Colorado at the end of this month, which would fall right in the monitoring time if we went with this next cycle. And, I did not want to start until February any way. I need a break, I feel so much better not having all those meds coursing through my bod.

I'm excited! I have to get to work, so I will read and catch up with recent posts this evening. I hope everyone is having a great day!!

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!

• Options
    @Joyzie77 Hi and welcome! Happy early birthday! Sorry about your failed FET. I hope that this next cycle is successful for you. It is great they are doing additional testing - did you get your results yet?

@2015dee So exciting that things are getting going for you!! I am all for freeze all and FET the next cycle. That would mean that your FET would be in March, right? Are you planning on doing PGD testing?

@AandD2014 I feel ya on the quoted percentages feeling bogus - we are for sure going to do PGD testing for our next round. 

@_Amanda_ I read your blog update! It would be so amazing if you ended up pregnant this cycle naturally. Fx. Keep us updated!

@vssbrm Did you decide about the new RE? 

@oxinfree definitely look online for medication discounts - I just got a huge discount on my meds this month.

Speaking of my meds, this month we decided to try another cycle on our own while we are waiting to hear about the donor and head back over to Prague. I have only ever done one round of clomid and I produced one follicle. This month we are trying Femara 5mg but I am not really that hopeful that it will do anything. I am temping and will start using OPK's in a few days. We haven't decided yet if we want to try an IUI or just go about it the old fashioned way. Part of me feels like why spend the money on the IUI when after 4 IVF transfers we still haven't had success (I guess we kind of did - but considering the bean didn't stick, I am still calling it 0 for 4). What do you ladies think? I've never tried an IUI because we went right to IVF because of my extremely low AMH.

I have a confession... when I am feeling down and want to feel hopeful I go peruse the baby section of whatever random store I am in - yesterday it was Target. I like to find something that I could buy (usually clothing) that is gender neutral and then I think about having a baby that will one day wear that outfit, or socks, or bib. Usually that is enough but sometime I buy said item - like yesterday. As I was checking out, I was afraid I was going to run into someone I knew and they would think I was a crazy person for buying a onsie while not even being pregnant. I do feel a little like a crazy person but somehow it makes me feel better - I guess by holding onto the hope that one day I will have a real baby to put in that outfit.

*disclaimer for the crazy - it isn't about buying crazy outfits and wanting to dress up a doll, the outfit is irrelevant.

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker