June 2013 Moms
Options

Auld Lang Spam!

Re: Auld Lang Spam!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Whenever I talk to people I always say oh we are only a 4 hour flight away, but once you add drive times, check-in, baggage claim, etc if we can make it home in under 10 hours we are doing well.

this is exactly why I never understand people who fly to the Okanagan or to Saskatchewan from where we live. Especially with kids. I have no issues flying with M, and have done it many times. But when we are headed to BC I'll be damned if I'm going to drive 2.5 hrs to the airport, be there 1-2 hrs before my flight to get baggage checked, get through security, let my toddler run around before the flight, etc. , take the 1.5 hr flight , arrive, get our bags, then the car rental (at least another hour) and drive to our destination, probably another hour or more. I'd way rather just drive the 8-9 hours in my own car, stop at our leisure and work with my kid's mood. Plus, if she's cranky I'd rather us be the only ones listening to her scream. 

When we are headed farther away I just assume both my travel days are going to be write offs.
    div style="text-align: center;">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Congrats to your hubby @NaChelleBeck

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    I watch Outlander too @violet1183‌ I'm obsessed with the books!
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    @violet1183‌ - hilarious! Those wacky pregnancy dreams are awesome! Thanks for sharing. It gave me a good laugh :D
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • Options
    Lovely...Grayson has a fever of 102...
    image imageimageimage
  • Options
    Lo was up for the day at 5 (bad dream I think) and is now napping. At 9 AM. Today should be interesting.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

@colieann31 Are you going to take him in for a flu test? I'm sorry. :(

We're taking him in now
    image imageimageimage
  • Options

I am so very bummed Taylor Swift isn't singing about Starbucks lovers.

What's the real lyric?? I still only hear Starbucks lover.
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    daffy2kdaffy2k member
    edited December 2014
    megaroo64 said:
    I am so very bummed Taylor Swift isn't singing about Starbucks lovers.
    What's the real lyric?? I still only hear Starbucks lover.

got a long list of ex lovers

• Options
    @steamboat123 I think of you every time I read and interesting index investing article. Just read one about whether you can mesh socially responsible investing and indexing. 

• Options
    Do any of you have any tips on getting your LO to take medicine? Grayson is spitting it all out. I've tried blowing in his face and only putting a small amount in at a time but he's still spitting a lot out.
    image imageimageimage
  • Options
    J is giving DH and I fits today. She won't eat lunch, refuses to take a nap, but cries everytime she does anything. We've been tag teaming today and have finally decided to let her crash on her own today. Maybe she'll sleep all night tonight
  • Options
    daffy2k said:

Have you tried giving it in the little medicine cup instead of the dropper or syringe @ColieAnn31‌ ? M is usually pretty good at taking it, but if she's being difficult the cup usually helps. Worst case, put it in a bottle or sippy cup mixed with something he'll drink.

We've tried a medicine cup. We might have to just mix it with something next time. Thanks!
    image imageimageimage
  • Options

Do any of you have any tips on getting your LO to take medicine? Grayson is spitting it all out. I've tried blowing in his face and only putting a small amount in at a time but he's still spitting a lot out.

Does he use a pacifier? I've seen a hack where you slice a hole in the paci and give it that way.
    I might have to look into this.
    image imageimageimage
  • Options
    @NaChelleBeck‌ we will probably have to go that route tonight at bedtime. He's got to take these meds.
    image imageimageimage
  • Options

Kids are like dogs - if you lightly stroke their throat they will automatically swallow. If you've ever given a dog a pill, you know what I'm talking about.

I've also done a paci but slightly different - one mL, then stick in paci and they will suck on it and swallow the medicine. Then repeat.

Also a little Hershey's chocolate syrup makes any medicine taste good. Our pedi does it with hers all the time and it worked once with DS.

Good luck!
    These are some good ideas! Thank you!
    image imageimageimage
  • Options
    @sctiger‌ I'm so jealous! All M wants to do today is go outside, but the girl will not keep mitts on lately and it's too cold to play outside without them. When it warms up in a few days we are going to try again (I like to do it when it's mild enough that it isn't really bad to be outside without mitts,but still cold enough that she starts to understand that she'll be cold without them).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"