September 2012 Moms
Options

Heyyy Monday

Re: Heyyy Monday

• Options
    BobKat22 said:
    DD threw up in the car as we pulled in the driveway Thursday night. She continued to puke all night and half of Friday. That was real fun. Now DH came down with it last night and I have a Sinus infection that is making me feel crappy. Sickness sucks. We got the nanny I really liked! I'm so excited! Notices will be turned in to both daycares tomorrow. I was all fired up to be a real bitch to DD's psycho blogger bitch of a sitter, but it's lost its lustre since I've had to hold out for awhile. Now, I'm not sure how I want to approach it.
    @loislayn, where's that graphic you posted that she has to use?!

Read the blog again.  I guarantee you'll be pissed at the things she said about you guys and DD enough to come up with something witty. :-)
    I seriously missed something!  She blogged about you guys?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought "Book of Mormon" tickets for my Mom for Mother's Day.  Yes, I realize that's over 5mo from now, but I'm already done with Christmas & her birthday, which are only a few days apart so I got them and will hold onto them.

:-)

I've wanted to see it for a couple years now and it's finally coming to Milwaukee.  I'm irrationally excited.
    I heard this was so good! I love to see a show.

• Options
    I'm so sorry for everyone that is sick and/or has sick kiddos. No fun.

@BobKat22 I think we will give Santa a try on Thursday evening. I'm hoping the crowds won't be bad during the week and then I can finish my shopping wih DH's help as he is OOT this weekend. Again.

I feel awful today. Just uncomfortable. I don't think I'm sick. I think it's just pregnancy related, but hopefully it passes because I don't think I can handle 18 wks of this.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    Random question:

Doesn't someone here work in the mortgage industry?  Our social worker has been talking with us about programs where you can prolong your mortgage or get some forgiveness, etc., for DH's disability...  

After this whole mess I feel like I need a much better plan going into DH's transplant....
    Me. I'm not in that org but can tell you different loan types and investors have different options. Forbearance is probably your best bet if that is available with your loan type. Things to consider that I am not 100% on: does the delinquency still report to your credit (I think it does), what is the interest added, do you need to go delinquent in order to get approved for the plan (so if you do not get approved, you have to pay that late fee anyways).

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options

I haven't read much of this thread yet, so I'm going to post and then go back and read it all.

So I had an OB appointment this AM for baby #2. I'm 12 weeks, and they still couldn't hear the HB w/ the Doppler, which I have an anterior placenta, and baby is still pretty low so I wasn't concerned. Then she brought out the portable u/s machine and found baby instantly but the HB wasn't jumping out at her, so she moved my belly around a bit trying to wiggle baby awake. Well then BAM the baby started squirming and her and DH saw the HB and I tried, but the machine wasn't really facing towards me.  I am SO concerned that when she saw the baby at first she didn't see the HB. I was so paranoid about it even AFTER we saw everything was ok that I still called the nurses line to ask why it took awhile to locate the HB. All they really said was that the Dr isn't a u/s tech and those machines aren't as precise as the big ones are. But still I wonder what was up with that?

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mhanson18, I'd agree with the nurses line. There were a couple times with both of my pregnancies that my doc had a hard time finding the HB.  It's not second nature to them like it is for an u/s tech.  I'm sure @bobkat22 would agree with that. :-)

I totally understand being worried/paranoid though.  I think that's normal too.  Glad that everything went (mostly) good today!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    shiggybop said:
    I have the sads :( We went into the pediatrician today to recheck the boys ears, and I mentioned that Anthony was having more and more tantrums. I asked her how she would recommend curbing that behavior, and she started describing what she does with her son. It involves spanking. I don't want to open that can of worms but mh and I agree that we won't spank. I know that a pediatrician is not a behavior expert, but we seemed really on the same page for so many things that it shocked me we were so different in the discipline arena. It just threw me off.
    I hear ya. I really like our pedi as far as his medical knowledge. I mentioned at Leo's 18 month appointment that we are at a tough time of handling behavioral problems because I didn't feel he was old enough for time outs. He went on to tell me that isolation time outs were fine and he could learn from them at this age. It didn't match my parenting style so I didn't do it but it was a bit of a shock to me as I wasn't really asking for advice just making conversation.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    @loislayn I hope the kids get well soon and that you guys catch a break, it seems like you've all had a rough few months! I hope 2015 brings you a much healthier and less chaotic year.

I feel a huge fight with DH coming on, and I don't know what to do to stop it because I think that there are some things that need to be said (like that he needs to put his phone the F down when his children are awake, and that putting Netflix on is not an okay solution for dealing with DD), but I also don't want to fight right before Christmas. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @AKB090609 is there any way you could have a talk with H, before it blows up into a fight? The sooner you're able to do it, the better chance things will be smoothed over by the time Christmas is here!
  • Options
    AKB090609 said:
    @loislayn I hope the kids get well soon and that you guys catch a break, it seems like you've all had a rough few months! I hope 2015 brings you a much healthier and less chaotic year.

I feel a huge fight with DH coming on, and I don't know what to do to stop it because I think that there are some things that need to be said (like that he needs to put his phone the F down when his children are awake, and that putting Netflix on is not an okay solution for dealing with DD), but I also don't want to fight right before Christmas. 
    Ohhh, looks like we are going to have the same argument! I am so over the phone, I am about to throw the damn thing in the garbage. Pull out the toys instead of putting on Mickey Mouse, he just wants to play with you./

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    AKB090609 said:

Ohhh, looks like we are going to have the same argument! I am so over the phone, I am about to throw the damn thing in the garbage. Pull out the toys instead of putting on Mickey Mouse, he just wants to play with you./

Yes, us too.  Then he gets mad when I say something.
  • Options
    DH isn't great at turning the TV and spending time with Grace. He'll interact with her and do stuff with her. It's still time they are spending together. I'm ok with that. It's not ideal but It's not a battle I'm going to fight right now. I'm the one that needs to put the phone down though. 

Willy, that's so wonderful of your community around you. 

Sorry about all the sick mama's and kiddos! Not fun. I still need to get Grace's flu shot. Now I'm not sure if I should if it's not that effective this season? I guess I should just for future immunity. 

I had 6 toddlers here this morning decorating cookies. It was a hit! I'm so exhuasted though. Between shopping all day Saturday then tons of cleaning and baking yesterday and this morning. Everyone left and I polished off a bowl of popcorn and apples with dip. (Awesome dip, BTW, sour cream, brown sugar and cinnamon. So good) 

My best friend who was due 3 weeks before me and m/c is in a 2ww. She took femara. Really hoping she will have a bfp for Christmas! She's still involved in my pregnancy and has bought the baby things. She's doing so great and I'm proud of her but it's still so hard to really enjoy my pregnancy knowing she lost hers. I always just feel the weight when I'm with her. I really just want her to get some good news. I also can't help but feel that this little boy will be a constant reminder of her son she lost. They would have been the same age and everything. It's so hard on her. I hate this.

This week is so crazy. 2 dr appointments. 2 Christmas parties. I need to finish wrapping and start baking. Just so little time. Now I'm hosting Christmas, then doing Christmas dinner at my mom's the Saturday after and hosting a dinner on Tuesday evening before New Years for my brother who is coming out from OK. But I cater a huge New Years Eve party. I hate that this season just gets weighted down with all these responsibilities even though I try not to schedule anything. It just all adds up. 
  • Options
    Ideas needed:
    I got Leo a little wooden camera for his stocking gift. I want to get James something similar but different. I looked everywhere for wooden binoculars but cannot find any (except a pair in Argentina for $80, nope). What other ideas do you have? Otherwise, I will just get regular binoculars but wanted to find a wood toy for him.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    edited December 2014
    hmp1 said:
    Ideas needed:
    I got Leo a little wooden camera for his stocking gift. I want to get James something similar but different. I looked everywhere for wooden binoculars but cannot find any (except a pair in Argentina for $80, nope). What other ideas do you have? Otherwise, I will just get regular binoculars but wanted to find a wood toy for him.

STUCK:  Wooden telescope, wooden kaleidescope (sp?)

ETA:  not really telescope, but maybe a spyglass
  • Options
    With the exception of one or two stocking stuffers for DH, I think we are DONE Christmas shopping. Now, we just need to finish painting the dress-up cabinet for the kids. We had a minor bump in the road on Friday when we ran out of chalk paint and had to go back to the store, which is 30 minutes away, to get more of it. But I can see it shaping up now, so I can't wait until Christmas morning to see their reaction.

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    Ideas needed:
    Binoculars in a wooden box?

• Options
    kdsmith43kdsmith43 member
    edited December 2014
    You guys. Someone gave me these for Christmas. I cannot stop eating them!
    ETA: Picture isn't working. Trader Joes Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels

• Options

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    I don't trust Etsy to get stuff to me in time at this point. And I think that is cute but a little too baby for him.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    Ideas needed:
    Binoculars in a wooden box?

I have this or opera binoculars (probably going with these because they have a neck strap like Leo's camera has) in my cart now as my back up if I can't find something I like better. I just waited too long to think of something. And I don't know why I thought toy wooden binoculars would be an easy find.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options

Does anyone have this for their Kitchenaid mixer?https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015TMHFG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I fee like with that many reviews its a sure winner.

• Options
    kelbel527 said:
    I love that Grace is picking up lots of new words and sentences. It's so fun. Not when her favorite is "Quiet Mama!" This morning I gave her a lolly pop while trying to set up for the party (MOTY). 

Grace: apop! (what she calls lollypop)
    DH: Grace, can you say lolly? 
    Grace: Yes. 
    Haha. Aedan often says, "walk away, mama." I'm proud of him for using his words and not his hands, but no honey, I won't walk away. (He also tells his teachers this when they are trying to get him to nap, lol)
    Grace will say "move" and push me. That I don't like. We are working on it. But lots of commands at the moment. Probably my fault haha. 

• Options
    Oh man. So I got in the bath thinking it would help me feel better. I felt like I didnt have the energy to wash my hair or anything (I'm a freaking boat anyway, not sure how I thought I'd do it in a bath).

So I fell asleep in the tub for two hours. Half with my head bowed sitting on my chest and half on my side curled in the water. Probably not the smartest thing I've ever done. Plus my neck is killing me.

I woke up and had to wash my hair so I turned the shower on. Barely made it out of that joint without passing out. This day is balls.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Oh man. So I got in the bath thinking it would help me feel better. I felt like I didnt have the energy to wash my hair or anything (I'm a freaking boat anyway, not sure how I thought I'd do it in a bath). So I fell asleep in the tub for two hours. Half with my head bowed sitting on my chest and half on my side curled in the water. Probably not the smartest thing I've ever done. Plus my neck is killing me. I woke up and had to wash my hair so I turned the shower on. Barely made it out of that joint without passing out. This day is balls.
    Ugh! Sorry! Did you get tamiflu?
  • Options
    @redneckmomma25‌ I didn't think it was safe for pregnancy? I am trying no to be dramatic but this is the worst flu I've had in years. I feel like it will never end.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    @redneckmomma25‌ I didn't think it was safe for pregnancy? I am trying no to be dramatic but this is the worst flu I've had in years. I feel like it will never end.

Stuck

It has been given to a ton of women on my bmb but it has to be within the first 48 hours. Call your OB now. I did see one or two who wouldn't prescribe it but the vast majority have used with success. Worth a shot!

• Options
    PenelopePondPenelopePond member
    edited December 2014
    Pokedot said:

Does anyone have this for their Kitchenaid mixer?https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015TMHFG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I fee like with that many reviews its a sure winner.

I have one!  It works great!  It's strong, too.  I mixed a big batch of monster cookies in it.  The dough for that is thick and heavy.  The mixer didn't even struggle.  It cleans up easy, too.  I definitely prefer it over the paddle that came with the mixer.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"