December 2014 Moms
Options

Roll Call: Glucose Test

Re: Roll Call: Glucose Test

• Options
    Failed my 3 hour :( So bummed and feel like a mommy failure but trying to find the silver lining of healthier eating/taking better care of the both of us...
  • Options
    Just got the call, failed the 1hr with a 142 and the cut off was 135. Going in for the 3 hour either tomorrow or Friday. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Failed my 3 hour :( So bummed and feel like a mommy failure but trying to find the silver lining of healthier eating/taking better care of the both of us...
    Aw you are definitely not a failure!! The diagnosis is so out of your control. You can control your blood sugars now that you know (by diet or medicine) and that makes you a GREAT mom. Try not to beat yourself up!

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• Options
    @AnonnAni‌ I sadly thought the same thing, they told me I failed over a week later. Kind of pissed me off it took so long for them to call me, it made me have to wait a whole week more before I could take the 3 hour. Took it Monday and I'll call tomorrow if I dont hear anything.

• Options
    @gmeyer1019‌ they made you wait a week to take the 3 hour test? I just took my 1hr yesterday and they said I could come in tomorrow morning for the 3 hour.
  • Options
    Took the 1 hr on Tuesday morning.  Still waiting for the results.  The drink isn't bad at all - my OB keeps them super cold.  However, I felt awful the rest of the day.  Headache and super tired.  
    BFP 5/6/12 MC 5/23/12
    BFP 7/22/12 DD born 4/9/13
    BFP 4/11/14 EDD 12/18/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

@AnonnAni‌ I sadly thought the same thing, they told me I failed over a week later. Kind of pissed me off it took so long for them to call me, it made me have to wait a whole week more before I could take the 3 hour. Took it Monday and I'll call tomorrow if I dont hear anything.

Same thing for me. Took a week and a half to find out I failed the 1 hour. I took the 3 hour last Friday and found out Monday that I passed. Try not to worry!

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• Options
    @catyskye11‌ I'm sorry you failed your 3 hr. Come join us on the GD check-in thread if and when you want to commiserate. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker       
    DD1 - 8 years
    DD2 - 6 years
    BFP3 - 3/31/14, Harmony Test 6/5/14 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    @bowlwoman‌ Thank you! I just may do that ;)
  • Options
    Just did my 1 hour. I got orange flavor and it was super cold which helped I think. It tasted like flat orange fanta. I didn't think it was all that sweet which kinda worried me. Lol. I should cut back on the sweets. Doc said they would call if anything was wrong and "No news is good news".
    I don't accept this. I'm totally going to call in a few days if they don't call me.

Fx to pass :)

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The two hour verdict is in-- I passed but not by much so still have to watch what I eat.. but I passed.
  • Options

Same thing for me. Took a week and a half to find out I failed the 1 hour. I took the 3 hour last Friday and found out Monday that I passed. Try not to worry!
    They better not tell me I failed this is baby #3 and I never had issues with the prior two kids so I would "expect" to not have any issues this go round. 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Options
    I did the 2 hour test yesterday. I thought the drink tasted like a melted lime popsicle, it wasn't bad at all. I was a little light headed at the end, when it had been almost 15 hours since I last ate.  Mostly I was glad I made an appointment at the lab to do it, which my doctor had suggested. There were 2 other pregnant women there without an appointment and they had to wait an hour just to get the first blood draw.
    DD born December 2014!
  • Options
    Here at the clinic for my three hour test waiting for it to begin. I came prepared with my iPad. *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    Took the one hour yesterday. Got emailed the lab results mine was 145. 140 is the high range I have call into the doctor to see what I need to do next! Also have low iron, which I would have guessed!
  • Options
    Had my one hour two weeks ago. Went to my apt today and was told I failed the first rest. Need to have my 3 hour one. Going back next friday. Wah !!
  • Options
    I took my 1-hour yesterday.  Luckily our midwives allow us to do the 100% grape juice instead of the glucola, so that was nice.  Got my results back this morning....it was 80.  Nice to know my insulin production is on point, since I spike it on purpose (when I'm not pregnant, of course) at certain times as part of my diet/training regimen for powerlifting.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I am in the doc office right now! Dang 3 hour. I am also low iron. Finding a positive ~ the sugar drink makes baby very active and its fun to feel her wiggly little rhythms!
  • Options
    cwamble said:

I am in the doc office right now! Dang 3 hour. I am also low iron. Finding a positive ~ the sugar drink makes baby very active and its fun to feel her wiggly little rhythms!

@cwamble‌ I'm right there with you girl. I started taking my iron supplement last night. I am currently in a room laying down waiting on my last stick in about 50 minutes. The kicks are keeping me entertained, too! Looking forward to a big lunch with my mom in about an hour.
  • Options
    I barely failed the one hour last week and just took the 3 hour yesterday. 3 of my 4 tests came back normal. Is this considered a pass? I haven't heard back yet from the doc.
  • Options
    @sylviacrump11 3 out of 4 is generally a pass, but depending on your doctor/provider, he/she may want you to start watching what you eat. If your doctor does, we have a GD thread you're more than welcome to hang out in to get some ideas on food/diet.
    BabyFruit Ticker       
    DD1 - 8 years
    DD2 - 6 years

• Options
    Had my 1 hr test yesterday morning, no news is good news so hopefully I don't hear anything! Not worried about it though.
  • Options
    Anna930 said:

@sylviacrump11 - that will be completely up to your doc's protocol.  I passed 3/4 as well (all but the 2-hour draw).  If you fail the fasting test beforehand that is typically a straight-up fail (most places won't even have you take the test). Then *MOST* practices follow the rule that you need to fail at least 2 of the other 3 draws to be diagnosed with GD.

My office said that failing 1 does show some impairment in terms of processing of glucose/inuslin production so they have advised that I follow the GD diet, but I will not need to test my blood sugar or go on any medications.  I have chosen to adopt as much of the diet as I can for the best possible outcomes for baby and myself and am hoping to still meet with a nutritionist just because I'm an overachiever :)  I will ask at my appointment next week if this "non-diagnosis but semi-impairment" will warrant any extra growth scans/US's or changes in terms of delivery (if they'd still let me go over term if it comes to that or not) but know nothing yet!  Good luck!

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    My dr emailed me back. I don't have gd, but they DO want me to be on the gd diet since no do have some glucose intolerance.
  • Options
    Phew, passed my 1 hour test.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    @Anna930‌- thanks for the tips! I'll look at the weekly check-ins!
  • Options
    Had my glucose test today at 8:30 this morning then went to work as where I still am now. I'll be off at 7:30. I can't wait I'm exhausted and I feel like I'm crashing from all the food and sugar I had today. My blood pressure was 150/80 which my pressure had been up lately whenever I go to the obgyn I don't know why... But my ac stopped working plus DH and I had a huge fight last night. Hoping it all will work out.

• Options
    Just woke up from a nap after having the 3 hour this morning. Man that was rough.
  • Options
    Well, I passed the 3hr on Tuesday, but they still want me to follow the GD diet because my numbers were on the high end or something like that. I'm waiting to hear from the nutritionist. 

Nathaniel Richard born 12/20/14
    Dating 7/2/2004 * Married 8/16/2008
  • Options
    I cheated and looked at my results online. My level was 90 and the range is 70-140. So I am assuming I passed, but haven't got the official yet.
  • Options
    I just got my lab results from the 2 hour, they look like they're well within the range. I'm a bit anemic though, which doesn't surprise me. I've been anemic in the past as well, and I don't mind taking an iron supplement. 
    DD born December 2014!
  • Options
    I'm at the dr right now for my one hour. just finished the orange drink - it wasn't bad at all! its like sunny d and flat orange soda.
    First Time Mom

ITS A BOY!!!!!

• Options
    Just got the results of my 3 hour test. I passed. PTL!!
  • Options
    Congrats, @smack427!
    BabyFruit Ticker       
    DD1 - 8 years
    DD2 - 6 years

• Options
    @summersunshine916 Keep going, mama! You're halfway there. And don't throw up whatever you do, or you'll have to do it over.

@MJLovey Glad your ordeal is over. Napping is good.
    BabyFruit Ticker       
    DD1 - 8 years
    DD2 - 6 years

• Options
    smack427smack427 member
    edited September 2014
    @MJLovey‌ no kidding about the track marks. Check out this bruise from my test yesterday... MH says it's thanks to my low iron/poor clotting. However it's only one out of the 5 blood draws I had this week. He reminded me that this will be an issue at birth. Oh, joy.

Edit: You and @summersunshine916‌ keep us updated on your results! I bet you are both glad it is over. *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    Got the results online for the 1 hour test looks like I failed with 164 out of the 70-139 range. Guess I will be getting the 2 or 3 hour test soon. Maybe this is why my blood pressure has been high every time I go in for an appt lately. Trying to remain positive!

• Options
    Had my three hour test past all but the two hour mark! Now to wait until Monday to see what MW says!
  • Options
    took the 2-hr and found out at my appt on thrs that i passed! phew. 
  • Options
    No impaired glucose tolerance. I've been taking fasting and post-meal OGTT (one and two hour) since Friday. I've passed with flying colors.  I took readings after what constitutes a normal meal for me, and then a more carb heavy meal with peach and raspberry bread pudding. 119 at one hour, and 92 at two hours for that meal. For a normal meal I usually get low 90's at one hour and high 80's or 90 at two hours.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"