Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How did you stay sane with your colicky baby?

Hi fellow parents, I'm struggling with my three-month-old who's been diagnosed with colic. The sleepless nights are taking a toll on me. I would greatly appreciate any advice or personal experiences. How did you stay sane with your colicky baby?

Re: How did you stay sane with your colicky baby?

• Options
    I actually talked to a lady today about this specifically. She said she never really believed in bringing a baby to a chiropractor but was desperate. She took her son 2-3 times and it solved all his colic issues. Chiropractor told her babies are super cramped in the womb and some have more trouble than others adjusting to the outside world. 

Find one one local that specializes in babies. It can’t hurt. 

I used the ginger drops for my oldest, now 12 so I can’t remember what they are called. It seemed to help but in hind sight I’m betting the chiropractor would have helped a lot more. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, I feel you on the colic struggle with my three-month-old. Those sleepless nights are like a never-ending rollercoaster, right? First off, hang in there—this phase will pass, promise! To keep my sanity intact, I swear by a routine, like a mini bedtime ritual. A warm bath, a cozy lullaby, and some gentle rocking worked wonders for us. Here’s what worked best for my first one - babies magic tea an hour before bedtime - it was a game changer! Also, don't hesitate to call in reinforcements. Grandma, a friend, anyone who can give you a breather. Remember, you're doing an awesome job, and it's okay to feel overwhelmed. You've got this!
  • Options
    If you suspect gas, I would definitely deal with preventing it so the air bubbles don’t get all the way down into the colon. Gas is extremely painful!!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder babies scream! And their caregivers are jostling them and sometimes making it worse. 
       Learn how to burp effectively. See the YouTube channel “Care About Little Ones” and they will teach you how to burp effectively and how to do reflexology to help soothe the system and move gas out. You can drink fennel tea if you are breastfeeding or make the formula bottle with the tea like mentioned above. I’m leery of giving baby the tea separately only because baby’s electrolyte levels are easy to mess up, and because of their immature kidneys, too much extra water can actually be fatal. So take care how you use the tea. 

• Options
    Ah I feel you, I remembered my first-born was also colicky. It was very tiring and frustrating specially for a first-time mum who doesn't have much idea on how to deal with a colicky baby. It's a sleepless and restless stage! But a friend of mine, who just recently transitioned her bub from breastfeeding to bottle that time, told me her bub is using a pigeon bottle (https://www.pigeonbaby.com.au/collections/softouch-wide-neck-baby-bottles-teats), and doesn't have any issues with colic. So I tried it with my bub and it has helped us a lot together with burping baby more often during feedings.
  • Options
    I feel you Mama! Beyond exhausted over here. Sending love!