November 2023 Moms
Options

Whatcha Eatin' Wednesday?

What are you keeping down ladies? Maybe this thread can give some inspo to others

Re: Whatcha Eatin' Wednesday?

• Options
    I’ve been surviving on wings dipped in ranch, pasta with butter, and ice cold water for the last couple of weeks. Salad sounds good in theory, but it hasn’t ended well most of the time. 
  • Options
    KiekKiek member
    I just had a spicy Chick-fil-A sandwich with fries and an ice cream cone. Hit. The. Spot. 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @makingbacon o0o wings with ranch! You're brave! But glad you're keeping them down! 

I'm pretty much ice water and cereal at this point

• Options
    ok but right at this very moment I'm having a craving for crunchy beef tacos... am I brave enough???
  • Options
    @nomangos23 It’s one of the few foods that my stomach accepts at the moment. I have no idea why lol. I say go for it, but I usually make myself wait a period of time to double check I actually want it. 
  • Options
    Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with sour cream pringles in the middle :D
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My cravings have been all over the place. The other day I was craving Thai food and that was amazing but right now that sounds horrendous. But I am mainly just wanting the eat something all the time but NOTHING sounds good 
  • Options
    Yesterday I needed Taco Bell’s Doritos locos tacos and they hit the spot! Today I wanted spaghetti-Os for lunch and they were ok but nothing is sounding good for dinner
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    Usually nothing sounds good but I'll eat because I have to and hope I can choke it down. But Sunday McDonald's chicken nuggets sounded heavenly (and they were! Slathered in ranch) and today it was tortilla chips with jalapeño ranch sauce followed by milk and oreos. Seems like I might be getting my appetite back!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    Oh man all of these things you all are craving sound horrible to me 😆 I've been eating açai bowls, oatmeal with peanut butter and fruit, caesar salad, and a copycat salad from my fav restaurant in my hometown. Oh and peanut butter and banana sandwiches are ok too. Cold things and fruity things are what's sounding good to me. 
  • Options
    Nothing has sounded good today except white bread… not the healthiest but nothing else would stay down 🫤

I baked some rolls and am prepping sourdough for tomorrow. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    I haven’t been able to eat anything successfully for the last few days. Today I ate a PB sandwich on non-stale bread, and it was fantastic. Best sandwich I’ve ever eaten lol. 
  • Options
    I made a pinto and spinach chicken soup… I know it’s good for me. But I do not want to eat it. I want….. pizza rolls, I think.
  • Options
    I wanted a whopper all day today. Seriously as soon as I woke up. I've been feeling sick all day but I still went and got it hoping it would make me feel better. It did not. I took a bite and almost threw up. AGGH I just to feel good again and be able to eat normally.
  • Options
    I had a turkey burger, sweet potato fries, and an non alcoholic beer for dinner last night. It hit the spot but I paid for it after.  :D

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I passed Krispy Kreme on my way home from my appointment today. So I treated myself and I (currently) have zero regrets! 🍩😏

• Options
    I‘ve been trying to eat healthy. But it’s hard. Nothing sounds all that good. So I’m eating lots of saltines. I have been craving chocolate milk - that happened last time too! I’m just very dubious of sweets as I ended up with gestational diabetes during my last pregnancy 
    Third kid: Due 11/6
    Second kid: Dec 2021
    First kid: Sept 2019
  • Options
    KiekKiek member
    @bluepeach565 I ate whatever I could stomach until the nausea went away. Now I’m back to eating healthy again. I just needed calories at that point. 
  • Options
    My work travel schedule is about to pick up. Does anyone have freezer meal ideas? With DH's work schedule and picking kids up, it'll be late before he can start cooking dinner, and that tends to set the evenings up to be failures. I usually try to have a few freezer meals ready to go, but it's been a while since I traveled, and my freezer meal inventory is at zero. 
  • Options
    kiki047kiki047 member
    OMG I have so much Mom guilt already because I can barely stomach anything "good" still. It's a damn miracle this little nugget is still growing and either of us are still alive, major props to all of the STM+ Mamas who have done this more than once. I'm in awe of you all. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    All of my cravings have been the same for the last 2 pregnancies. Taco Bell and crispy chicken sandwiches lol. I’ve only given into Taco Bell once. I’m determined to be healthier this pregnancy, but it’s hard! 
    @makingbacon I don’t have any prepped freezer meal suggestions, but we always go for Trader Joe’s frozen jasmine rice and frozen orange chicken or teriyaki bbq chicken when we need a quick dinner! 
  • Options
    @makingbacon I make chicken spinach enchiladas to freeze ahead sometimes, also Pinterest make ahead crockpot meals - a lot of winners there. I have this book called “cook once eat all week” it’s not a freezer book but it is an excellent weekly meal prep book it’s mostly whole foods and all gluten free (good carbs only) I really like it.  The first page of every week is the grocery list so u don’t have to think at all ahead.  And it walks you thru the preps and how to label.  All the meals on the weekdays are ready in less than 30 some less than 15.  It’s a life saver.  Takes all the thinking out of it and it tastes great. Cool Once Eat All Week by Cassy Joy Garcia. 
  • Options
    @makingbacon Pinch of Yum has an entire freezer meal series she has done and i made several when i was pregnant with my son. They were good! I like the hawiian chicken tacos the best

• Options
    @nomangos23 I just looked at the Pinch of Yum blog, and I will definitely be trying several of those recipes - thank you! I ended up marathon cooking this weekend and was able to get 7 dinner meals and 2 breakfast options in the freezer.
  • Options
    I had my first real pregnancy craving in three pregnancies and why did it have to be pickles of all things….. smdh 
  • Options
    Cravings are weird. I’ve been cooking at least 1 Asian inspired meal every week. I have never eaten most of them before now, so it’s been a learning experience.