Health & Exercise
Options

Losing weight so I can ttc

Is anyone else trying to lose weight so they can ttc? I’m current at a 39 bmi and my doctor wants me under 35.

Re: Losing weight so I can ttc

• Options
    Hi there! I've been where you are. I'm actually currently 4 weeks pregnant, and losing weight, to make sure the baby will be fine. 

I have a ton of ideas and suggestions for you, mostly about things that did and didn't help. 

1. Keep your eye on the target. 
    2. Follow fertility nutritionists, IVF coaches, IVF clinics etc on social, the good ones post about tips and tricks, and recipes that help with weight loss and give you the nutrients you need for fertility. 
    3. Avoid doing extreme diets for quick weight loss. Been there, done that (most of us). The result? I needed to change my diet to get the vitamin levels back on track... 
    4. The Lifesum app helped me a lot, there are many other similar for you to try
    5. Watch on youtube yoga for fertility etc.
  • Options
    I was at a 33 bmi when I first got off my pills (5ft tall and 170lbs.) I figured it would take me a few months to conceive cuz my fertility was questionable and horomones out of whack all my life. Not too mention I'd been on the pill with no breaks for 19 years. Anywho I got prego in less than a month. And I went from 170 to 182 and it dropped back down to 178.5 during week 6. I've heard that you can safely still lose a pound a week while pregnant through exercise and portion control. Amd that's what I'm gonna try and do
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    As i know pilates are really good for losing weight and keep ur body fit. So feel free to read this useful article about pilates and health in general https://radaronline.com/p/harmonizing-wellness-with-wall-pilates-a-holistic-approach-to-fitness. Personally I am about to become my new pilates journey!