August 2023 Moms
Options

April Symptoms

2»

Re: April Symptoms

• Options
    @lmn823 I agree with the skin tightening and if period cramps turned into just one large cramp that starts at the top of the uterus and works it’s way down slowly and you have to lay down and stop walking or whatever you’re doing so that they can go by quickly and resolve. I started having them already and I’m 22 weeks. 
    I hope I explained it properly. 
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 I had them at my daughters ball hockey last night and they would not let up it took having a shower and laying down when we got home for them to go away. I didn’t get them with my first pregnancy so I was really concerned at first 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    PREGNANCY CARPAL TUNNEL SUCKS. I had forgotten about that with my last one but super fun to have to wait an hour every morning for my right hand to actually have feeling back in it. Or not be able to hold it in one position for more than like two minutes (driving? Holding a fork at breakfast? Writing my to-do list?) without it going numb again.
  • Options
    Umm, I just saw my last comment that was suppose to say 20 weeks not 30. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @lmn823 It feels like your entire uterus tightens into a ball and then relaxes. 
  • Options
    @lmn823 others beat me to it, but it’s uterine tightening, supposedly not painful, but sometimes for some people. I got them with my DS1, but they didn’t hurt I& sometimes I didn’t even notice them. Once I was in the middle of getting my uterine height measured and my midwife said I was having one then. I didn’t even realize! This time they range from uncomfortable to mildly painful, in the front of my abdomen. 
  • Options
    @lmn823 STM and I'm still not sure myself  :D The best I could tell was when I was being monitored one day and they told me I was having one. It felt like the baby was stretching out in my stomach and it got really tight. I think I was always waiting for something more dramatic, so I never recognized what they were up until that point and thought the baby was just doing weird movements.
  • Options
    @lmn823 I would say not painful but uncomfortable. It’s like your whole belly tightens up. I also have no gauge because pre-labor for me just feels like Braxton hicks. But at least with Braxton Hicks they are random and if you rest it relaxes things again. 

Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    @lmn823 agree with everyone else here. It feels like everything tightens up. I also get this weird indigestion type sensation in my chest/throat when I get them. I don’t really know how to explain it? It’s like a cross between being winded and heartburn? 😂 
  • Options
    Just had Braxton hicks for the first time tonight at the end of a long walk! Also lost my water bottle yesterday so dehydrated which is not helpful. 
    Maybe I’m just a wimp but that was more uncomfortable than I expected! I quit walking while I waited for it to go away because it felt like walking made it worse. 
  • Options
    @cherrystorming ouch. Yeah even with dehydration I can’t seem to be drinking enough fluids. I can chug a gallon of water and still get random leg calf thigh cramps
  • Options
    @pickle-chips I also get that weird sensation. It’s like it takes your breath away for no reason so I use it as practice to breath 🤷🏻‍♀️. 

@lmn823 for the leg cramps, this is coming from my runner self, bananas will help because of the potassium or you can take an electrolyte. Drinking too much water flushes your electrolytes and causes the cramping. For running I use Nuun tabs. I found some on Amazon, called Ultima that are more “clean” that I use in my water, once daily while pregnant. I also like my daily banana because it’s good for the fiber too.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    Feeling very depressed today. We moved away from our home town where my family and friends are around 6 months ago, which is a 4.5 hour drive, and I’ve felt lonely this whole time but today it’s extra strong. Being a stay at home mom doesn’t help either. 
  • Options
    @slothstatus I feel for you. That loneliness is hard, especially if you are used to being so close to family and friends! Like right before lockdown in 2020 we moved to SO’s hometown away from my hometown. I have always lived 5-10 minutes away from my sister as well as my other best friend and I was with one of them constantly (usually my sister though) and there was one day that I had a really hard day and realized I couldn’t just drive down the road to my sisters house and I felt so lonely. SO had his family and friends but I felt that I had no one. And then everything shut down and we couldn’t go anywhere anyways so that made things worse. Now we’ve been here for almost 3.5 years and it has gotten better, I’ve found friends now and it’s not as lonely. I still miss being able to randomly go to my sisters or my friends house but it’s easier and not as lonely now. It does get better!
  • Options
    @slothstatus have you ever considered checking out a local mom group? I do that anytime I move to a new place. My current friend group is from a local mom group that I connected with. We hang out regularly. 
  • Options
    @justyouraveragemama yes I too am close to my sister and I miss seeing her every week :( and my nephews :( 

@emeraldcity603 I wish but because I have complete previa I was instructed to not carry my toddler at all which is impossible to avoid if we go out because of putting him into the car seat, taking him out, having to carry him if he runs off etc. :( so I’m stuck at home until my husband gets home from work that’s when we go to the park or the grocery store etc. 
  • Options
    @slothstatus I’m not sure how you are avoiding picking your toddler up at home. That is a difficult thing to do. 
  • Options
    It is 1am and I am up with the most painful heartburn. I just want to sleep and I have tried everything and nothing is helping. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 yes it’s been difficult and I have had to pick him up in certain moments but try to limit it as much as possible. I had to teach him how to get into his high chair by himself and out of it by himself, also taught him how to get into the car and out of the car by himself but that one is more difficult for him to follow haha, hence me not going out. 
  • Options
    Anyone else starting to get uncomfortable if you’re sitting too deep in a couch cushion? I start to get out of breath and weighed down. 
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 I feel this too!! Ive really noticed it the last few weeks. 

@justyouraveragemama I was really struggling with heartburn too. Mentioned I was popping tums and my OB recommended famotidine instead. I didn’t love the idea of taking a med but he told me it’s better than burning my esophagus for the next several months which was a wise point. It’s made a huge difference for me, maybe something to ask about if your heartburn continues? I can tell when I need to take it within the next hour bc my heartburn comes back and is constant… so annoying 
  • Options
    @cherrystorming I have to be careful with most antacids/proton pump inhibitors, I have had reactions to lots of those types of medicines in the past. Thankfully the heartburn hasn’t been a constant thing it’s just when I get it, it’s real bad. I eventually had some ginger coconut digestive tea I found in the back of my cupboard and that helped and I was able to get some sleep. It just sucked that that wasn’t until like 6am😅
  • Options
    estadtestadt member
    So either I have the stomach bug or this kid just doesn’t want me to eat, it’s been a long 2 days and I just want to sleep