August 2023 Moms

April Symptoms

How are you feeling? 

Re: April Symptoms

• TIRED… I just want to sleep. I cannot get comfortable. I also have a cold so what stops me from coughing my lungs out kills my sides and hips but if I am coughing that kills my sides. I really haven’t been able to win when it comes to sleep. Other wise I feel great! 
  • Loading the player...
  • slothstatusslothstatus member
    edited April 2023
    I’m so sad, with my complete placenta previa I was placed on pelvic rest about 6 weeks ago, which means I haven’t had sex or an orgasm for six weeks! And I have to wait another 7 weeks to find out if the placenta has moved. I keep having sex dreams with my husband and it’s torture since I feel my libido has increased now in the second trimester. 😩
  • @slothstatus my hematoma wasn’t fully healed at my last appointment and I specifically requested to be off of pelvic rest. I am so sorry you’re dealing with the placenta previa. 

@gingermama29 I have been feeling more movement and some kicks from the outside too. It’s been amazing. Although, one night I wasn’t able to sleep because of it which wasn’t awful but considering my sleep this last week it was bad timing. 

@estadt That sounds like an awful cold. Hopefully you can recover from it sooner rather than later. 

As for me, the nesting is real. It’s the good kind too. I’m decluttering and cleaning all the different spaces I have had on my list. I need to turn my attention to my schoolroom. That room is a disaster. 
  • lmn823lmn823 member
    edited April 2023
    Baby is definitely kicking the crap out of me. Especially at night time around midnight baby wants to dance on top of my bladder. Wondering if people assume I have Tourette’s since I would randomly grunt and moan from the kicks and movements of the baby. 
    Allergy season is in full effect. Can’t go a day without sneezing at least 10x and congestion at night from blood pumping from pregnancy hasn’t helped. 
    Oh and weight gain is coming on strong. Supposedly a lb a week for the second trimester and it’s coming quick and hard. I don’t think I’m eating that much and I don’t want to restrict myself when I’m hungry either bc no one wants to deal with hangry. I eat pretty balanced and try and stay active but the weight is coming on fast and it all goes to my chin first. 
  • @lmn823 This is the first pregnancy I haven’t gained a lot on the front end. I expect it to pick up. Although, I’m hoping I can keep it at 20 lbs because I was overweight when I got pregnant. The weight refused to come off after the last baby. I literally came home weighing what I did before giving birth. It was bizarre. 
  • @emeraldcity603 doctors haven’t mentioned I’m overweight but my bmi is posted everywhere lol saying overweight overweight. I’m the heaviest I’ve been in my life before pregnancy which is 147-150 lbs at 5’1” and age doesn’t help since I’ll be 38 in a few months. I’m also a little stocky and muscular so I don’t really believe bmi 
  • @lmn823 I’m considered overweight because of my BMI as well, and was told to stay within 15-25lbs weight gain. I’m tall and a long distance runner, so I’m a lot of muscle. I kind of laughed at her because I’ve gained about 55lbs with both previous pregnancies and it didn’t matter how healthy or active I was. I always turn around and go train for another marathon and lose the weight 🤷🏻‍♀️😂 I think the concern was like you I’ll be 38 at delivery and I’m already high risk. It’s not like I’m trying to gain that much, I’m trying really hard not to. If they say something or there is a health concern to change my diet, then I’ll do something different. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • @ki1244 yes agree our bodies are all different when it comes to pregnancy. At first I felt guilty for having gained 10 pounds in the first trimester. I’m slightly nervous for my weight tomorrow at my appt because I feel chubby and it’s a new and slightly uncomfortable feeling for me. But at the same time, I fully believe that part of the reason my milk came in 10 days postpartum last time (and caused a host of issues obviously) was because I hadn’t gained enough weight during pregnancy. So trying to remember that this time around and enjoying my expanded dietary habits 😂 I love how your lifestyle and body “stats” totally fly in the face of what’s “normal” @novelblessings 🥰 So inspiring that you’re a marathoner!! We had one on our street yesterday and I enjoyed sipping my coffee cheering everyone on. Maybe next year I’ll try to make it happen for myself. 
  • msjaaymsjaay member
    edited April 2023
    @ccmrc143 I feel the same way. I think I was so conscious of weight gain the first time bc I have to work really hard to keep weight off. I have PCOS, an under-active thyroid, and some food intolerances that work against me too. I’m also pushing 40. I gained right at 25 lbs with my first, but I ended up with an IUGR baby (due to her umbilical cord, but still). I’m definitely more relaxed this time. I eat healthy and workout but if I miss days in the gym, or crave things, I’m just letting it fly. I’m definitely not weighing my food this time. I grew up in heavy diet culture in the 90s and I’m working to undo so much of that in it head. Especially having a daughter. 
  • @lmn823 I’m considered obese according to BMI but my doctor hasn’t said a word about weight gain. BMI is total BS though and so ridiculously outdated. It annoys me that doctors still use it. 

@msjaay ugh I feel you on the 90s diet culture. I’m trying so hard to not make self deprecating comments about my body in general, but especially around my daughter. I don’t want her to grow up with the same body dysmorphia I still have.
  • I am feeling more energy but still pretty tired. I bounce between sleeping through the night and waking up 6 times to pee or waking up because I’m uncomfortable. I think my pubic bone is already acting up because of the relaxin and that has been bothering me a bit lately. My belly has also felt extra heavy but I’m really starting to feel harder kicks more consistently! You can see some from the outside but whenever you touch where he’s kicking he stops so no one else has felt him yet.
  • I gained like 70ish pounds with DS. It all came in all of a sudden at the end. I think it was a lower rate of weight gain in the first and second tri and then the third tri all of a sudden I was 180 something and it shocked me to see. I lost it all after DS but in the recent years I managed to get to a healthy 125 but right before I got pregnant I gained 10lbs. Not quite overweight on the bmi chart but it was close. I was really feeling the urge to take better care of my body as far as exercise goes and then I got pregnant and was stuck to the couch for 4 months lol I think the weight I’ve felt most comfortable in my body at was the 110-115 range and I’d like to get back to that after this pregnancy.

so far I mostly lost weight from the HG. I didn’t lose or gain any at my last appointment in march so we’ll see where we’re at my next appointment this week
  • My sex drive is finally starting to increase again and I am SO excited! 

As far as weight gain goes; I gained 60 with my first pregnancy and I don’t want to get there again. But there were many factors playing into that. This time I’m making more nutritious food choices (for the most part) and trying to stay around 25-30 lbs for the weight gain. I was overweight pre-pregnancy so should probably gain a bit less, but im not going to restrict my body while im growing another human. I eat when im hungry, try to make more nutritionally sound food choices, and am as active as I can be while working FT and being a parent with a busy kid. Life is all about balance and I’m doing the best I can, as I’m sure we all are. 
  • My sex drive is still kind of nonexistent, unfortunately :(

Like some of you I also gained about 60 with my first pregnancy, but with totally normal labs and no GD. This time I unfortunately seem to be on track for the same amount of weight gain but hoping to avoid metabolic complications. I feel disgusting but I know it's temporary and for a good reason. At baseline I am on the slimmer side but could definitely be better about exercise and overall health. 
  • Anyone else dealing with shortness of breath? The ultrasound showed this baby is WAY high up for some reason (normal fluids, so not that -- she's just hanging out really high I guess) so it makes sense that everything is getting compressed, but man, over the weekend it just started getting tough to draw a full breath, which makes walks or playing with my daughter (and all the up/down that goes with that) SUUUUUPER fun.
  • @ki1244 I get short of breath when I start moving around a lot. I’m not carrying that high with this pregnancy so I can’t say that’s the reason why. I always get like this and assume it’s because I have a bowling ball I’m suddenly carrying around with me everywhere I go. 
  • @ki1244 I get so short of breath walking up stairs or just the first few steps. My SO is 6’ and I’m 5’1” so his steps are way larger. I’ve always been a speedy nyc walker but now I’m like holding him and telling him to hold up and slow down and I’m panting. We went to the park yesterday and there was a lot of incline which was good exercise but not fun 
  • @ki1244 I actually notice shortness of breath really early on before I even put on weight, so yes, definitely at this point lol. I feel like my doctor said it had something to do with increased blood flow and your heart working harder or something. I’ve noticed it before as one of my first pregnant symptoms when working out. 
  • I’ve been short of breath at work, when I’m up moving around and carrying a baby. That’s been happening for weeks or more with me too. 
  • @ccmrc143 didn’t choose the marathon life it kind just became a thing 🤷🏻‍♀️ I have a race problem 😂. I’ve done one ultra thinking maybe more miles would be fun, never again. I’ll stick with the 26.2. I’m not super fast but it’s keeps me sane. 

@ki1244 walking up and down the stairs at home every once in a while for sure! Especially if I’ve been sitting for a while or just getting up from a nap or something. 

Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • I have a terrible combination of nausea and heartburn. And my skin is so dry, my knuckles are all cracked. I just ordered way too many hand creams from Sephora 😂 
  • @ki1244 belly button life during pregnancy is weird! That’s hilarious. Mine is like halfway popped to the point where I almost want to wear a bandaid or tape because it’s noticeable. I also get what I call “cone bump” where it looks legit pointy because of where baby is 
  • Every day I hit a wall. I get sooooo tired that I can barely move and I have to lay down and close my eyes for at least 15 minutes. 
  • @emeraldcity603 oh mama, you’ve grown so many more babies out of all of us you deserve to put your feet up the most 🤣 it’s a lot of work! 
  • It's so nice to finally feel normal again.... Even knowing it won't last long. First trimester was exhausting both pregnancies. Relationship stress= weight loss for me and have steadily lost weight the last 3 Dr appointments, but thankfully Dr said yesterday baby weighed about a pound and her growth looked good and normal. 
  • Got my first case of lightning crotch and it felt like a sharp quick pain right down there. Like 5 spurts of it and me yelling owwww ow ow ow ow!! And then it went away once I jumped off the couch and stood up to do a Michael Jackson grab 😭
  • I’m also getting out of breath and can’t tell if it’s the pregnancy (it’s my first) or if I’m still recovering from Covid last month (also my first time). Either way it means I have to plan my trips up and down the stairs.
  • I’m loving feeling all these baby movements… but today baby has decided kicking my cervix is very fun. 

My. Gosh. That is a WIERD feeling! I wish I could poke baby and get them to move somewhere else lol!
  • @cherrystorming I think that’s happened to me. Not sure if I was kicked or punched, but I was minding my own business and then jumped up and shouted, and SO is like “are you ok?” No! I just got punched in the cervix 😂
  • Getting out of breath! Yesterday I had to grate two cups of Parmesan cheese. It was so tiring!! And then I parked far away from church and had to walk up a hill and I was really struggling. I am not used to feeling this pregnant this early on. 
  • Anyone else starting to get swollen ankles? I don’t know if it’s because the weather was warm today (80 degrees) or what but my ankles are definitely swollen today.
  • @gingermama29 not too swollen in the ankles but definitely denting more all over my legs. I’m nervous I’m going to get edema (ftm) bc my sister had bad bad swelling with both of her pregnancies. Even with all the elevating and hydration I’m getting puffy in the legs. 
  • @gingermama29 yes my ankles are non existent. My shoes hurt. I’m currently elevating while wearing compression socks (thanks for the rec @emeraldcity603) Today I pointed out my swelling to our nanny and she laughed out loud 😂😂
  • THE GAS TODAY. God almighty. I feel like an overfilled balloon. My bump hurts, I have a bandaid on my belly button to give a teeny bit of cushion from things hitting it (because of course it's *exactly* the height of the edge of my kitchen counter), and I barely touched dinner tonight because I just feel so stretched out already. This better go away STAT. I can't imagine another FOUR MONTHS of this.
  • I can’t stand much touching me right now. everything feels super tight and makes me feel like I’m suffocating. 

Also, I’m measuring 23 weeks at 30 weeks. She said it’s because he is breech though, not because he is big. We will see what they measure him at on Monday at my anatomy scan to know for sure. Ugh, I just want a smaller baby. Easier to push and wears newborn clothes longer. 🤪
  • Nothing like being on a walk and still half way home and continuous Braxton hicks 😖 while my 4 yo races ahead of me because we are cars. Laying down now. I don’t remember them as early last time
  • @tumbleweed-1 I’m a ftm and I don’t know I heard Braxton hicks feels like the skin on your belly tightening or is it more of like a period cramp?? I haven’t had it bc my doctor said I would know but that doesn’t really explain much