Food & Nutrition

What are you eating while pregnant?

Im trying my best to eat right while Im pregnant but I feel like im at a dead end with new meals! So what are you favourite meals?

Re: What are you eating while pregnant?

• During pregnancy, you need to consume extra protein and calcium to meet the needs of the growing fetus. I eat Salmon, lean meat, eggs, veggies, etc
  • hailey1207hailey1207 member
    edited May 2018
    During pregnancy I craved chocolate, pickles,egg, cheese, bacon and ice cream
  • Loading the player...
  • The same before pregnancy, just added more veggies and fruits. Daily smoothies and nuts.
  • During pregnancy, I drink milk every day. More fruits and vegetables. I avoid eating undercooked and raw foods.
  • To maintain a healthy pregnancy, approximately 300 extra calories are needed daily. These calories should come from a balanced diet of protein, fruits, vegetables and whole grains, and sweets and fats should be kept to a minimum. A healthy, well-balanced diet during pregnancy can also help reduce some symptoms of pregnancy, such as nausea and constipation.

• kostenannkostenann member
    edited October 2019
    I have healthy meal plan:)
    I eat hummus and pita, Greek yogurt with frozen fruit or ripe banana, and some granola, oatmeal. Bananas in general, actually. cheese sticks, toast in the morning, sweet potatoes with lentils and spinach, pasta at night if I’m feeling terrible 
    And as an aside, I’ve found that drinking an obscene amount of water can help me get ahead of the nausea. It won’t really help it go away very fast after it comes on, but it’s a really good preventative measure.
  • when I was pregnant I was very concerned about nutrition.  but during my pregnancy I ate only what I wanted, even sometimes harmful chips and sweets.  learn to listen to your body.  because if you don’t like milk and drink it, it will not be useful

• My go-to pregnancy snack was a handful of roasted peanuts and a little bowl of apple sauce. Add a cheese stick or boiled egg and you have a super healthy snack that hits all your main food needs at once. 
  • Hey, eating nutritious food is essential during pregnancy. I would suggest Diary products such as milk, cheese, and yogurt for extra protein and calcium.  Apart from that Sweet potatoes can be taken for Vitamin A which is important for Baby development. Also, eggs are another good choice that has an amalgamation of various nutrients and minerals. Finally, green vegetables, fish liver oil, and Dried fruits are indispensable for an ideal diet plan.
  • I drink milk every day and eat a lot fruits and vegetables
  • Pregnancy is considered to be one of the most difficult as well as one of the best moments in a women’s life when an offspring or a child develops inside her womb during a period of 40 weeks. This seems to be the most sensitive period in a women’s life when she is given the responsibility of taking care of another life growing inside of her. When you build your healthy eating plan, you’ll want to concentrate on whole foods that give you higher amounts of the good stuff like:

* protein

* vitamins and minerals

* healthy types of fat

* complex carbohydrates

* fiber and fluids

Eat multiple varieties of foods to get all nutrition your body required. Daily servings include 6 to 11 servings of bread and grains, 2-4 servings of fruit, 4 or more servings of vegetables, four servings of dairy products, and three servings of protein sources like meat, poultry, fish, eggs, or nuts.
  • I eat almost everything, except meat. I try to listen to my organism, and not to stick to diet
  • Yes, I also stopped eating meat for some time
  • I try don't eat sweets and fatty food
  • jareddyjareddy member
    edited November 2023

Foods like leafy greens, citrus fruits, and fortified cereals have become staples to meet my folate needs. Folate is crucial for early fetal development and helps prevent neural tube defects.To address increased iron requirements, I've been enjoying lean meats, beans, and spinach. Iron is vital for preventing anemia and supporting the increased blood volume during pregnancy. Incorporating fatty fish like salmon, chia seeds, and walnuts has been my go-to for omega-3 fatty acids, supporting the baby's brain and eye development. To meet my vitamin D needs, I've been spending some time outdoors and incorporating sources like fortified cereals and eggs. Vitamin D is crucial for calcium absorption and bone health. Of course, I'm also taking prenatal vitamins from partner pharmacy to fill any nutritional gaps. They're a great safety net to ensure I'm meeting the increased demands for various vitamins and minerals during pregnancy.