August 2023 Moms
Options

Introduce Yourself Here!

124»

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

• Options
    Introduce yourself: Hi everyone! My name is Amber and this is my first pregnancy!

Due date?
    08/15

How did you find out? My husband noticed that I was going to the bathroom often and I noticed my breasts started hurting and that never happens during my regular cycle. Went to the store one day and decided to test and it was positive!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?):
    I am in hospitality and my husband is in food service management and we want to add a dog or two to the family as well. We love music, outdoors, and quality time.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)?
    I am super excited! This is our first baby and we have been trying for two years. Experiencing the pregnancy symptoms has been interesting but so rewarding.
  • Options
    Due date? 8/25

How did you find out? Two pee sticks in our bathroom while getting ready for church on 12/18. We had been trying for about 5-6 months & had two positive results only to lose it a couple days later so I’ve been cautiously optimistic (inside freaking out with excitement!)

Tell us about yourself? I work from home for a defense contractor & my husband owns his own business doing restro-mod work on old (mainly Chevy) trucks & cars. We’re on east Texas looking for our own home while staying in his parent’s apartment attached to the house. I love working out, cooking/baking, organizing, puppies & being slightly sassy/inappropriate with my sarcasm (have to have fun sometimes ;). Also a little nervous about staring out with my first baby at almost 40.

How am I feeling? Honestly, fine. I have been peeing a lot (but that’s to be expected when drinking a million bottles of water throughout the day), bloating. a little more tired that usual and hungry/snacking more often. I haven’t had any morning sickness or vomiting. Maybe I’m one of the lucky ones but it also makes me nervous & anxious that something is wrong or it’s not real. Super excited for our first doctor visit 😁
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello ladies!

Due date? 
    Originally was thought to be around 8/7 but after the first ultrasound it was bumped to 8/19!

How did you find out?
    I had been testing for almost an entire week, and finally got a faint positive after my missed period on December 1st! 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?):
    My husband and I got married just over 3 months ago, and this is my first pregnancy! We sort of "inherited" pet rabbits from the property we're currently renting and they are adorably chubby and fluffy. I love to read, cook, crochet, and watch k-dramas (bit of a guilty pleasure).

I have been overall feeling very good, but extremely tired and hungry ALL the time. was quite anxious after our first ultrasound seeing baby measure "small", but there are so many reasons why it could be. I am leaving it in God's hands :) We are so excited for this little one! 
  • Options
    storywitchstorywitch member
    edited January 2023
    Introduce yourself:
    My name is Emily!

Due date?
    By my calculations, 8/24. Haven't had any scans yet.

How did you find out?
    My husband and I decided to start trying and got pregnant almost immediately. Then I miscarried in November, at 6 weeks. A couple weeks later, we halfheartedly figured we'd start trying again, somehow not really expecting it to work? No one had told me you're more fertile immediately after a miscarriage...anyway, I tested positive two weeks ago, tested again this morning (...just to be sure), and here we are.

I recently bought a house in the Boston area with my husband and our best friend/housemate. I'm a cat person, but Housemate's allergic, so we have a ridiculous dog named Skye. I'm a former librarian who's currently job-hunting (and perpetually trying to write a novel). No children yet--trying for our first. I have endometriosis, which make things all the more nerve-racking.

Sore/tender boobs and some nausea, both of which come and go...boobs haven't really been sore the last couple days, and it's driving me crazy. I know it's terrible, but I almost envy folks with the nonstop nausea, fatigue, etc...at least you know things are (probably) progressing normally?? I haven't had an appointment yet (first one isn't till 1/23!), so no ultrasound, no tests...between that and being very much in need of a job, I'm feeling STRESSED. Trying to just take it one day at a time here!
  • Options
    My intro disappeared. :-(
  • Options
    Trying this again:

Introduce yourself:
    My name is Emily!

Due date?
    8/24 by my calculations. Haven't had any scans yet.

How did you find out?
    My husband and I started trying and got pregnant almost immediately. Then I miscarried in November, at 6 weeks. A couple weeks later, we halfheartedly decided to start trying again, somehow not really expecting it to work...no one told me you're more fertile immediately after a miscarriage! Anyway, I tested positive two weeks ago, tested again this morning (...just to be sure), and here we are.

I recently bought a house in the Boston area with my husband and our best friend/housemate. I'm a cat person, but Housemate is allergic, so we have a ridiculous dog named Skye. I'm a former librarian who's currently job-hunting (and perpetually trying to write a novel). No children yet--trying for our first. I have endometriosis, which makes the whole thing all the more nerve-racking.

Sore/tender boobs and some nausea, both of which come and go. My boobs haven't really been sore for the past couple days, which is driving me crazy. I know it's terrible, but I almost envy folks with constant nausea, fatigue, etc...at least you know things are (probably) progressing normally?? I haven't had an appointment yet (first one isn't till 1/23!), so no ultrasound, no tests...between that and very much needing a job, I'm feeling STRESSED. Trying to just take things one day at a time here!
  • Options
    Hello!

Introduce yourself:
    I'm Emily!

Due date? 8/28

How did you find out? New years eve, I was a week late and finally tested. Have been late like that before and not been positive, so was not expecting to see a plus sign! 

This will be my first, but I've got cats (oldest is 17.5 and youngest about a year), a wonderful husband, and a comfy office job. I love to spend my time reading, writing, and doing various crafts.

Just had my first appointment, so I'm pretty excited right now. My symptoms have been pretty mild, thank goodness, but I know that can change!
  • Options
    Hello!! 🥰

Due date?
    August 29

How did you find out?
    I actually found out at my family doctors office.
    It was the Monday after Christmas, and my doctor walks into the room to wish me a “happy new year, and it is positive!” I was shocked but pleasantly surprised!

I’m married with a 4 year old wild boy 😂 We have 3 dogs and 6 snakes !

I’ve been bloated, nauseous. Got sick a few times, tired, dizzy spells, chugging water and peeing. All the great stuff hahaha
  • Options
    Due August 14!

Took a pregnancy test after period was late - we had been trying for a few months after a loss and it wasn’t happening for a while.

I live in Cape Town with my husband and 3 kids, age 7, 6, and 4. My middle child is disabled so we had to wait a while to consider whether expanding our family would be an option.

I feel very fatigued and I’m on a PCOS medication that makes it worse… but I can stop taking it at the end of first trimester!
  • Options
    @Alisabatu PCOSer here too! Metformin is ruining me lol… 2.5 more weeks to go until I can stop that one. Hope the weeks go by quickly for you too!
  • Options
    Just stopping in here to say hi since I haven’t been on these boards yet this pregnancy. According to my LMP, I’ll be 9 weeks tomorrow. This is my 12th pregnancy, but will be my 8th earthside baby. My first appointment is next week and I’m hopeful that I’ll get to meet this baby in August—but nervous because my 4th miscarriage was only in October…and my two previous to that were back to back between my 4th and 5th babies. 
  • Options
    Introduce yourself: hey everyone I’m Kristi this is my second pregnancy, they will be 3 years apart

Due date? 8/17

How did you find out? Was feeling sick and breasts were tender , missed a period and took a test 2 days later.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?):im 32 I have 1 daughter and am married . We have 2 dogs and a chicken . My spouse works in the entertainment industry and im a stay at home mom/college student. Going for my bachelors of science in dental hygiene

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Sooo nauseous and have insomnia. Completely different from my first pregnancy. Some fatigue but not too bad
  • Options
    My birthday is 11/25 too! welcome  :)
  • Options
    jazzy-jadejazzy-jade member
    edited January 2023
    Hi Kristi! We have a lot in common! I have a daughter and our baby will be 3 years apart too - I’ve been teaching dental hygiene for nearly ten years, welcome to the profession!
  • Options
    Hi there! Just joined today and figured I'd introduce myself and meet everyone :)

** Due date?
    August 31st

** How did you find out?
    Pregnancy test at home, about 10 days after missing my period. Funnily enough, I had actually gone to the Dr for my yearly physical and mentioned that I may be pregnant and the tests results came back negative, so I tried to delay taking the take home test as best as I could. I also had an ectopic pregnancy last December, so testing was kind of an emotional rollercoaster.

** Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?):

I have no other children, but I have 6 nephews! I do web development, both as a developer and as a professor.

** How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)?

Nauseous, so nauseous. Also, very very tired. My Dr gave me some extra vitamins that knock me out (high dose of folate, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12).

Feeling anxious because I am not supposed to gain any significant weight, because of my starting weight range - ugh! Wish me luck!
  • Options
    Omg yes, that was me in November. I was testing like every other day and it was not good for my sanity! December I forced myself to wait.
  • Options
    @Knottie1460935203 welcome!! Feel you on the weight gain restrictions… it’s a tough extra layer on top of everything else! Hope the extra vitamins start helping with your nausea!
  • Options
    Hi everyone,
    I’m Katharine. I’m new to the community forum and it looks like I might be a little late to this party. Lol. I’ve been on the bump app since poppyseed week though. 😊

DH and I are expecting our first in the second week of August!

I don’t know about anyone else, but I am a very confusing mix of super excited and perpetually worried. I know it’s impossible to ‘do everything perfectly’ but my ocd sometimes gets the better of me…. Can you relate?
  • Options
    Oh, how this message board has grown since I last visited/procrastinated in doing my profile. Thank you all for sharing about yourselves and your journey.

Introduce yourself: 
    My name is Doreenda and I am an American living in a small and charming European country called Luxembourg. 

Due date? 9th-ish August 2023

How did you find out? My husband and I had been doing fertility treatments after a year and a half of trying naturally. At the end of an excruciating two week waiting period -- all the "what if's" running through my mind -- I had my blood drawn and tested. This was my first IVF cycle and was fully prepared to have to try multiple times, but against all odds, we found out we had a little embryo that could!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): This will be our first human child -- yes, we're "those people". We also have a dog named Charlie who we adopted in 2021 and hope will be like those dogs cuddling with the baby in the videos people post. *Fingers crossed!* I am an international school teacher currently teaching in the early years and my oh so amazing partner/ IVF nurse / masseuse / therapist / husband is a data analyst. 

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Luckily, I didn't have any major symptoms my first trimester... just fatigued. Though I did find the emotional rollercoaster bumpy. It was unnerving to not be in control of my feelings. The second trimester has been kinder, thankfully. 

Looking forward to learning from and with you all as we navigate the ins and outs of pregnancy and everything to do with it. :blush:
  • Options
    @bogwitchh welcome. I’m a ftm mom too. I have monstrous calves that lock up and find that hydration packets like hydration IV have helped with my leg cramps. I just try and drink as much h2o and those packets as possible throughout the day. I also stretch before bed. My cramps have lessened for sure. 
  • Options
    penguin_galpenguin_gal member
    edited May 2023
    I just remembered that there was a forum for people due in August so here I am. :)

Due date? 8.12

How did you find out? I was a week or so late and decided to take a test. Got the positive notice, didn't believe it and had to go buy a second test for confirmation. lol.

Tell us about yourself: First time mom. The husband and I have a dog and cat. I love to read and knit. I'm currently knitting myself a baby blanket. I'm an engineer.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? I've had minimal symptoms throughout the months. Mainly just been tired and sore in odd places.