September 2023 Moms

Ultrasound Thread

Drop your Ultrasounds here! We wanna see those cute lil babies!

Re: Ultrasound Thread

• Loading the player...
  • Those are some great pics!
  • *lurking*
    @anniemarie887 Yay yay yay!!! 
  • i had my ultrasound scheduled this morning. i got there to check in, and the secretary tells me that they have no ultrasound tech today and i need to reschedule. wtf are you kidding? i was looking forward to some reassurance today, not wasting 90 minutes of my life driving around. i wonder if i should change clinics. i like the providers but everything else is such a pain.
  • Had my ultrasound at 6 weeks and 3 days , thier was a yolk sac and fetal pole but no heart beat...:-(...ill have another ultrasoung next week..im so worried
  • @sampaguita86 I’m so sorry you’re going through this! Are you calculating your gestation based on your last missed period, or did you do IVF? If you did IVF, then they pretty much know how far along you are based on the transfer date, but if you’re calculating based on LMP, you might have ovulated later than you think, so you may not be that far along. My fertility clinic won’t do a first ultrasound until at least 6w4d, because that is the day they typically begin to be able to hear the heartbeat. But often I’ve seen posts on here where a tech could pick up a picture of a flickering heart on the screen, earlier than it is able to be heard. 
  • september1623september1623 member
    edited February 2023
    Removed…
  • Did my second US at  7+1. I was very excited to get a HR and measurment but turns out the equipment at this hospital is extremely outdated. They said it would be hard to even get a HR and measurement at 13 weeks (next US). This doesn't make sense to me because they were able to see follicles that were smaller than what the embryo should be by now. I even cried at the hospital because I was so upset. But, a heartbeat was detected (don't know if it was strong or weak, though) along with the fetal pole and yolk sac. I won't post the pic because it's literally an empty-looking gestational sac.
  • songsboutjanesongsboutjane member
    edited February 2023
    @asphaltgirl Dr found a fibroid as well and it took me by surprise. I too had to google it lol it’s outside the uterus so that made me feel better. Definitely hoping it doesn’t grow.
  • @mokamonster I’m sorry that’s really frustrating 
  • edited February 2023
    Taken at our fist appt. On 2/14 measuring 8w4d with an EDD 9/22 our beautiful little sweet-pea. I’m so happy 
  • I did a random private ultrasound. They didn’t measure the baby but do you think this baby is 11 weeks 4-6 days or 12 weeks. I want to make sure the baby is growing right. I should be 11 weeks and 5 days when I did this ultrasound 
  • I wouldn’t expect to see a huge variance between two days. If you have concerns, I’d give your OB a call.