June 2023 Moms
Options

Favorite products thread

2»

Re: Favorite products thread

• Options
    @thescarletmom I will tell you ASAP if I love it so you can grab one! I love that idea haha! 
    This time around I'm not going to buy a pump at all because I'm manifesting breastfeeding working and I don't think I can do the exclusive pumping life for another 15 months. I see willows go up for sale on my baby carrier group sometimes or offered up for trade so I'd probably try to get an unused set if the worst happens and I need something. I still have the spectra my friend sent me last time after much trial and error but it gives me blood blisters on my nipples and the motor is nearly burned out. My insurance is generally extremely good but with elvies and willows I only get $100 off retail 🤦🏻‍♀️ which doesn't help much lol. 
  • Options
    @kalesix3 pumping is a shitty gig for sure. I was so terrified with DS2 after my forced EP experience with DS1, but it was just completely different! Not to say that it wasn't hard - definitely still hard. But he was able to latch, something DS1 never could do. But that definitely pushed me into getting the willow with DS2 and thankfully it worked well for me. If I wasn't someone who had oversupply (legitimately, DS2 would nurse on both sides and I'd be in so much pain from engorgement I'd HAVE to go pump and would still get ~16 oz in under 15 minutes) and was a SAHM, I'd probably forego the pump at first too. You can always reassess and order later if you need it. But I consider a good hands-free, wireless pump an absolute requirement if I were to end up EPing again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @thescarletmom yeah if I have to EP again God forbid I'm definitely getting a willow. Being chained to the wall with an extremely high needs baby/toddler was the worst. Also not being able to pump very effectively away from home because of filling up containers and overflowing everywhere meant I was basically stuck at home or the immediate nearby neighborhood or else I just couldn't pump and it was a nightmare. 
    I'm excited that my new birth center has lactation consultants on hand after every birth, not that they're always great because I saw two absolutely awful ones with my son but at the very least they can get me into see a pediatric dentist way more efficiently than me immediately postpartum when I'm spacey and tired as heck. I'm determined to make things go better this time. 
  • Options
    @kalesix3 oh yeah 🤦‍♀️ DS1 was the definition of a velcro baby and not being able to pick him up for 20 minutes every 2-3 hours, and not even being able to move very far from the wall was a nightmare. The hand pump I had was sooo hard to use too, maybe I just lack hand strength, but I always felt like the part I squeezed pinched me so much and it hurt my hands! So I felt extra chained to the house because my life was segmented in 3 hour chunks for a full year. Ugh! Wish us both the best, EPing is a beast. Fingers crossed for good support (not all LCs are created equal for sure lol) and solutions!
  • Options
    I can’t decide if it’s worth getting a pump this time. Neither of my other kids would take a bottle and I’m a SAHM. On the other hand that means I can never be away from the baby for the first year. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Speaking of nursing, did anyone find a good wrap for baby wearing that made it possible to nurse baby while you wear them? With my first I never figured out how to wear a wrap in general and I found it hard to try to nurse while baby wearing in the carrier I had. But I also had a super crappy carrier. Lol. We booked a vacation to Gatlinburg after baby is born and will be about 2 months old at the time. So I was wondering about nursing him while wearing him for if we're in the middle of something?? Just for convenience mostly! 
  • Options
    pttomatopttomato member
    edited January 2023
    @hitcj4687 I never found it comfortable to nurse while wearing my kids. I got good at nursing DS while holding him and walking around, but it always felt awkward when they were in the carrier. Idk if that’s because I have short torso or or I never figured out the right way to do it, but I found I just preferred to take them out to feed.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @pttomato DS2 wouldn't take a bottle either, it was so terrible! If your kids have consistently refused them, I wouldn't worry too much about getting an entire pump. Maybe a hand pump or something to sit in your bra and catch leaks just for the sake of relieving engorgement pressure? 

@hitcj4687 I never tried nursing in a wrap, but I found nursing in wildbird ring slings pretty easy! And if the extra tail length was nice to pull up and use as a sun shade or cover up if I was feeling exposed. My normal chest size is around a C cup, but nursing boobs especially early on are usually DD/DDD if that helps!
  • Options
    Thanks for all your help ladies.  I ended up ordering the Willow Go it was on such good sale today. I think it will come in handy while carting my older son to all his activities!
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Options
    @ReadyForaB I hope it works well for you!! Yay for getting something checked off the need list! Pumps/bf can be so different for everybody, but I have really loved my experiences with Willow personally. 
  • Options
    @pttomato if you do end up doing a haaka/elvie suction pump/milk catcher you can just freeze what you collect without designated pumping times and you can have a stash built up in case you need to leave? I know several people who did that successfully and didn't buy a pump! 

@hitcj4687 I didn't get much nursing done with all my matching troubles but I could lower my son to the right level in a Solly wrap and a ring sling, on my carrier group several people have done it in SSCs like happy baby, Sakura bloom and Tulas that I've seen, you just want to move the waistband down way lower than what you would normally wear. 
  • Options
    I didnt know if it was really possible to nurse and baby wear or not. I didn't ever try it with my first. Figured it was worth the ask at least! 
  • Options
    I have a question about the milk collector. I got one on the way it is a medela milk collector. My nursing bras do not have the fabric to tuck the milk collector into. Does it actually suction to your breast so that piece of fabric isn’t necessary?

does this question even make sense I’m not even sure how to ask it lol. 
  • Options
    @mommasay04 my understanding is that plain milk collectors (not haakaa) do not suction. However, they don't need anything special to be able to sit in your bra and stay more or less in the same spot unless you're moving around a ton.
  • Options
    In case anyone was wondering the medela milk collector does suction. I got mine today and tested it. 
  • Options
    Any recommendations for wagons? Like the heavy-duty, foldable kind.
  • Options
    My favorite newly discovered pregnancy and nursing clothing brand is Kindred Bravely! I started with their “under the bump” underwear, and then everything else (maternity and nursing shirts, leggings, and a sports bra) has been awesome! Good material, great fit, and I just like feeling like a person instead of a human creation machine haha!
  • Options
    @monkey_mcfee I still wear the Kindred Bravely joggers that I bought in my first pregnancy 3 years ago! They're so comfy!
  • Options
    thescarletmomthescarletmom member
    edited March 2023
    @kalesix3 I know you're a goumi fan, talk to me about their newborn sleep gowns. Have you tried them? Do you like them? Looking at a bundle of 3 for $60 on kidizen and debating. I'm a big fan of the Lou Lou knotted gowns for newborns, curious if these are another good option 🤔 not sure I love the look of the bottom snap section but if there's some extra functionality I'm not thinking of with that I'd be willing to try some.
  • Options
    @thescarletmom I'm a huge Goumi fan and that price is a steal! I didn't actually like their sleep gowns with the bottom snaps, my son was a kicker and would just kick his legs out and get cold constantly 😵‍💫💀 I much preferred Kate Quinn knotted gowns, I didn't try Lou Lou with him but I really want to pick some up this time!! If your babies don't tend to love roundhouse kicks constantly the Goumi would probably work way better than it did for us though! 
  • Options
    @kalesix3 sounds like B has always had powerful legs 😂 the only thing holding me back is they look kind of funky lol. And they look like thicker material than the Lou Lou gowns? It is hot AF here in the summertime, and while we usually stay indoors with baby and therefore dress for an AC filled house and not the weather, I still worry way too much about the thickness of some items. 
  • Options
    @thescarletmom I didn't find the gowns any thicker than the footies and joggers unless they've changed their material since then? Lou Lou is known as one of the thinner bamboo brands though while Goumi consistently comes in on the thicker end of the spectrum if that helps? 
  • Options
    thescarletmomthescarletmom member
    edited March 2023
    @kalesix3 on the topic of goumi, huge sale going on right now! A bunch of their gowns are on sale for $17 on their website, so I think I'm going to order some! Any other favorite products from them I should look for in the sale? I'm going to make a kyte baby and h&m order this week too and then tell myself to stop buying baby clothes lol
  • Options
    Coming back to say I bundled it with a discount code from a mom from my first bmb and now the gowns are $14 😱 (code is sweetlee15)I'm getting several in assorted sizes, if we hate the newborn ones I'll gift them to my sister due in August I guess lol
  • Options
    ReadyForaBReadyForaB member
    edited March 2023
    Baby monitor suggestions?  I am embarrassed to say that we still use one for one 6 year old. It is ancient and I think we got it on clearance about 7 years ago.  We are looking for one for the new babe that is both a handheld monitor but also can be put on our phones if we want.  
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Options
    @ReadyForaB wish I had good suggestions! The only ones we've looked at are phone-based, no physical video monitor to move around the house.
  • Options
    @thescarletmom I actually needed homestead joggers in 3T for my son because I have a matching set with 2T and NB but he's already outgrown 2T and I missed the sale because I was on the road and none of the baby footies in NB size were the color I wanted so now I'm just waiting for the next spring launch I guess 🤦🏻‍♀️ 
    I did pick up a bundle of 5 0-3 footies from kidizen so that made me happy. I also pulled out the nb-0/3 storage tote of all my son's things and I'm shocked at how little I have, I bought next to nothing in the smaller sizes, I thought I remembered having way more 🥲 so I guess I have an excuse for some extra shopping lol. 
  • Options
    I have 3 kids, 4th coming in June.

1. Willow - life changer. Worth every penny and more. I have 2.0, have had to get new containers due to the little valve wearing out.

2. Seraphine brand dresses. I am so over pants. Their sale prices match Motherhood Maternity but the quality is SO much better and they double as nursing dresses for postpartum and beyond!! I have even worn them while neither pregnant nor nursing, they are just that great!

3. Bright Starts Bouncer. All 3 of my children LIVED in this thing and it is showing almost no signs of wear. For $30-40 that is pretty good!! https://www.amazon.com/Bright-Starts-Playful-Pinwheels-Bouncer/dp/B00KHR7TPK/ref=asc_df_B00KHR7TPK?tag=bngsmtphsnus-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=79920869053488&hvnetw=s&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=m&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583520395672130&psc=1