Working Moms

Wanting to conceive but also a student

Hello, i just got married in October and my husband has already brought up trying to conceive. He is older than me by 8 years so he is beyond ready for babies, and so am I. The issue is next month I start a gruesome 2 year program to become a midwife. I thought about doing both, but mentally I don’t think I will be able yo handle it. I thought about pushing school out because I do feel ready and I received an amazing offer to work from home.

Any advice will be helpful! Thank you

Re: Wanting to conceive but also a student

• Is there anyone currently in the program who is pregnant that you can talk to? I remember going back for my masters degree while working FT and how stressful it was. I can't imagine doing it with a newborn, but I think a lot of it depends on the workload and flexibility with schedules
  • sallyb2sallyb2 Just Joined
    Oh for certain keep your focus on the career option, you will regret it later if you don't. Definitely have some medial checks to be sure you are viable for pregnancy and conception and ask that your partner is too. That at least tells you that you can or can not easily get pregnant in the future
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, it's a complicated decision, and it's hard to recommend something. I think that I'd choose to get a degree because I think it's important. And yes, doing both can be hard; I saw how hard it was for my sister, and it's not worth it.
    But it's up to you to decide, try to write pros and cons of each option, and see what is better for you
  • annadaviesannadavies Newbie
    edited March 2023
    Well, both options are good, and it's hard to advise you what to do. I think that it's better to finish your studies and then think about your job and baby. Yes, you have the option to work now, but I still think that having a diploma is better.
  • Oh, I think it will be difficult to combine... But I wish you luck!