June 2022 Moms

Ask A STM+

2»

Re: Ask A STM+

• @KFrob I'd love to see a list of useful/useless items and hear of new cool items I may not be thinking of. A separate thread would be good, I personally bookmark the thread so I can easily come back to it later. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @KFrob Good idea for a thread. Also, I was awake last night too.
  • Loading the player...
  • I second this baby going to be here in June and we are still cosleeping with our 2 yr old
    "There's no such thing as TMI in pregnancy" - Me    :D
  • @binxybaby our boys are 23 months apart and I was hoping our third would be a boy to see my little guy crew grow. It’s been so fun to watch them grow up together! You’ll love it
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • How often should Braxton Hicks contractions be happening? I know they’re normal and nothing to be concerned about but a. I was surprised it started so early (several weeks ago) and b. that it’s become a daily thing now. I’m four hours into my day and have had my uterus harden at least three times now. 
  • @pinkkillersheep I had braxton hicks all last pregnancy and this one. My docotor said most people have them but not all can feel them. Mine were always visible by looking at my stomach. This pregnancy they are even slightly painful in my back. My doctor has reassured me again that it is normal. Last pregnancy as i got further along they would become a lot more frequent and I got checked a couple times to make me feel a little better knowing it wasn't turning into real labor. 
  • @pinkkillsheep My first pregnancy I would get them all the time and didn't even know that's what they were.  I thought it was something crazy the baby was doing in there.  My second they were a little bit uncomfortable and I figured out that they were actually Braxton Hicks contractions.  Mine seem to kick in anytime I start to exert myself, exercise, chasing kids, cleaning, etc.  I'd say they're pretty frequent.      
  • This is my second pregnancy and I'm still not totally positive what Braxton Hicks feel like. I know I had some painful contraction-like pains after I saw a concert at 34ish weeks, but other than that, no clue.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @binxybaby same here. I’m on the second pregnancy and I don’t know that I’ve ever felt them. 
  • @binxybaby I never felt them before. 
  • Durango! Love my new car
  • VW Atlas. Love it.  Fits Nuna Rava carseat for my son, which apparently not all 3rd row suv are created equal when it comes to fitting carseats.
  • Hi all! This is my first time posting. It’s comforting to feel there is a community of women in the same phase I am in! Almost 3rd trimester, we got this 💪

Question for all/any of you about current symptoms (26 weeks 5 days); I’m having pretty bad pain/discomfort If I sit in a chair or upright position for longer than 30 mins. I feel
    my baby super low and wondering if that’s the cause?? I am constantly looking for chairs that I can lean back in at restaurants. The last few days, I’ve had to leave the meal early at restaurants to go for a walk and even go home to lay down.

Also, here are a few other uncomfortable symptoms I’m wondering if it’s affecting anyone else:
    1.) abdominal cramps - usually is happening after I’m sitting upright too long. Takes awhile for the cramping to subside…
    2.) leg/ass cramps at night: sleeping has been a battle every night. I flop from one side to the other all night long because I get cramping in whichever leg/side I’m sleeping on.

Im honestly a bit nervous about the 3rd trimester as they say it’s the most uncomfortable. This is my first baby after many rounds of IVF. I have found the second trimester to be uncomfortable/difficult so I’m a bit concerned on what’s coming. 😬

Appreciate you all sharing your experiences! There is peace of mind knowing your not the only one.
  • I get them so often. Starting at 20 weeks. For me it feels like I can't breathe and it's pretty much constant. It happened with my daughter like that, too. The further I got along the more realistic they got. But now that I've experienced labor I feel like there's a pretty big difference for me. Drinkinb water and laying back helps. 
  • I figured out my sleeping position with the best pillows early on so I was loving my second pregnancy so much more because of it. I left my pillows at my moms house and went a couple of days without them and omg it makes such a difference. My hips and sciatica hurt so much now. I discovered with my first pregnancy that I dont like pregnancy pillows and it's better for me to have different sized pillows for my head, my hips and then I need a thicker one to snuggle. And where baby lays definitely makes a difference. I try laying on my side for a bit to move him back up. I also have a desk job and I think that does push him lower, but sitting with my back straight and leaning back towards the chair helps. My husband also sacrificed his office chair which actually has a little spot for me to elevate my legs which is helpful for hip pain. Also, my last pregnancy 2nd was hardest for me and I loved 3rd up until week 36 where I felt ready to deliver lol. Every pregnancy is different. :)
  • Hi, is it ok to color(dye) my hair during pregnancy? I am thinking of only the roots. 
  • @mango_michigan yeah, dying your hair is completely fine. Just make sure it’s done in a well ventilated space which any reputable salon will be. 
  • @mango_michigan Totally! I asked my hairstylist about this my last pregnancy and she pointed out that a bunch of the hairstylists work until their due dates. So, if they are exposed to hair dye fumes and get their hair dyed while pregnant, we'll be fine
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @marionberry19 @binxybaby that is reassuring. Glad to know this, I might do it this weekend 🥰
  • Trying to finish my registry and just wondering for anyone who’s already gone through breastfeeding the best nipple cover/pads to get as well as nipple creams 
  • Alright ladies and pregnant peoples, I have searched the internet and am still uncertain on this so let’s see what y’all think. 

I know the risk and research for sleeping on your back. I sleep on an adjustable bed (it’s worked wonders for my back) in the zero g position. Basically your head and feet are both elevated, with your feet slightly higher than your head. I asked my doctor about sleeping on my back in this position to see if it’s still the same risk, and she was not concerned about back sleeping until later in the pregnancy irregardless of the adjustable bed. Great, but my original question still remains. Does sleeping in this position alleviate the pressure on the vena cava vein? In my head I think so because the elevated feet should help with circulation and there’s no pressure on my back. I don’t feel anything that would suggest something other than proper circulation. All internet searches for this turn up positive results, but from places that are selling or promoting adjustable beds so clearly there’s a conflict of interest. Realistically I think I will continue unless I feel something indicative of compromised circulation but of course I’m worried I’m prioritizing my comfort over something I don’t know with absolute certainty isn’t a risk.
  • @pinkkillersheep my OB says that you will know if your sleeping position is no longer safe for you. You will feel it. I still lay on my back because I still feel fine and I have never laid completely flat anyways. I did the same with my son until the end of the third trimester where it became obvious that it was putting too much pressure. 
  • binxybabybinxybaby member
    edited March 2022
    @msands97 For nipple cream, I like Mother Love. Thought it had a nice consistency and was really soothing.

@pinkkillersheep I agree with @marionberry19. You'll know if and when it no longer works. Baby may also tell you to move by kicking you fiercely lol
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @msands97 I second the Motherlove. Also Bamboobies. 
  • Thank you for sharing your tips!!
  • Can a 5 or 6 month old sit in a stroller? I'm looking back at photos of my first and he was just starting to sit in the stroller around 6 months, but I was wondering what your experience has been. We are going to Disney in January so I'm debating a double stroller
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @binxybaby we started to use the stroller without the infant carrier part around around 4 or 5 months. I’d say once they have really good head and neck support and can maybe sit up supported. 
  • @binxybaby I switched both kids from bassinet to the stroller seat around 5/6 months. And agree with above, once they have good head/neck support, they can sit in the stroller. Mine didn't want to remain laying anymore at that time. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Thanks @KFrob @Tulips29

I totally forgot about the "I'm sick of staring at the ceiling" part of infanthood lol. Poor kiddos lol

Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Any nipple care recommendations during pregnancy? I've just started leaking a little colostrum and my nips are getting itchy. I worry about them getting blockages since I'm not feeding a small human quite yet. I plan to store a little colostrum around 37-38 weeks just in case (previous babe was a NICU babe so it doesn't hurt to have an early start). 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Has anyone else had pubic symphysis instability? I did something funny yesterday and now it's really sore to put weight on my left leg. I'm making an appointment with a physio but was wondering if anyone has experience with this? 
  • @binxybaby Do you plan to store in a syringe? I would like to do the same thing, but I've never tried, and it sounds difficult to collect!

@maddieftm YES- I've had this for a couple months- just my left leg. Weird, right? Supposedly my baby's head is on the left side, and that's exacerbating it. Maybe yours is the same? I've just been managing by trying to avoid putting weight on it, resting, and taking Tylenol. Let me know if you get any suggestions that help!
  • @ecarson20 I've never tried either, but that's my general plan. I can't imagine I'll produce enough to put into a regular container so 1 or 5 mL syringes are probably the right way to go. I figure I'll catch it in a Haakaa or my manual pump. 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @ecarson20 They gave me some stretches (glutes, pelvic tilts) which I think have really helped, along with walking less and using an SI belt! My baby's head is also on the left so maybe that's what's doing it!?
  • Hey, is anyone on this thing? 
    Just wondering if anyone has experienced this. 4months postpartum with my second. First born is 3 years old. I have feelings of loneliness, sadness, and bouts of anxiety just in the past month.  I also started the postpartum hair loss, so I feel like this could all maybe be hormonal. I have had bouts of like pounding heartbeat so much it makes me cough sometimes. I noticed it about 3 weeks ago and it has been more frequent this week.  I breastfeed so I feel like it’s pointless to go to a doctor ( can’t take certain meds) but at the same time it’s scary for your heart to beat like that a lot.