March 2023 Moms
Options

Baby Names

Re: Baby Names

• Options
    @disneybaby23 _ I don't pick girl names in the top 100, and boy names in the top 20ish. Past 100 and you get into some weird boy names.
  • Options
    @novamama2023 I don't know why I never thought to literally look up SS popularity! Great tip!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like the name Emma..
  • Options
    @bec_1997 we have a Kinley Adeline! We’ve only met one other person with the same name in the past 4.5 years! ❤️ It 
  • Options
    My favorite girl name is Finley Rose (rose is my middle name and want to continue it). And my favorite boy name is Conor Benjamin (Benjamin is my husbands middle name after his grandfather that he wants to carry on). 
  • Options
    That’s cute that you’re keeping your middle name if it’s a girl. That’s what I’m hoping to do too. My middle name is May and it was originally my great-great- great grandmothers last name and it’s been passed down as a middle name ever since. It’s always felt really special sharing it with my mom and grandma so I hope kiddo will like it too. I’m getting major girl vibes so hopefully I can use the name. 
  • Options
    We finally found a name that we both liked that meets our criteria.  
    Isaac Paul
    But we can't use it. 😭😭
    Our last name starts with a P.  I can't give our kid a name with the initials IPP. 

Paul Isaac is OK,  but doesn't flow as well to us so we are both kind of eh.  Back to the drawing board. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat does it change anything if you call them by their middle name instead? My friend’s son is William Wesley, but he goes by Wes. 
  • Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited August 2022
    @heytallmama our first goes by his middle name and we still hear about it from my MIL. He's 12. She hates it. Plus it's a pain to correct it all the time at Dr's offices and so forth.  If we can't come up with anything else we may just bite the bullet and do it though 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    If a girl, we came up with the name Kaiya and a middle name Faith. Kaiya means forgiveness in Japanese which the father is 50%. Not sure about a boy name yet but Cole or Colton are at the top of the list.
  • Options
    Sirius if it's a boy. Not sure if it's a girl. 
  • Options
    I met a little girl named Iris and if we didn’t already had our girl name picked out, I’d probably take this idea! Just thought I’d share!
  • Options
    We love the name Magnolia Grace for a little girl!!! We are a couple weeks out from finding out what we are having but my husband doesn’t even want to think of boy names lol. He is convinced we are having a girl.
  • Options
    My mom's best friend (and essentially second mom to me and my sisters) died this summer and I was thinking if we have a girl to use a version of her name, Tonya. But even though I loved her very much, I don't think Tonya is "young" enough and I might try Tiana. But I have a son already which makes me think it might be a boy again.
  • Options
    @cheznet one of my best friends is named Tonya. I actually think its cute for a little girl. But Tiana is super cute too! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @cheznet my Aunt (basically second mom) is tamed Tanya. Of we have a girl her middle name will be Tatiana which I belive is the Russian derivative of tanya (tonya) :)
  • Options
    @heytallmama woohoo congrats! You'll have 2 adorable sisters on your hands :) 
  • Options
    @heytallmama that’s so exciting. How excited is your daughter for a sister? 
  • Options
    @heytallmama that’s so exciting. How excited is your daughter for a sister? 
    Oh my gosh, she is thrilled!!
  • Options
    If it is a boy (which I have a strong feeling it is!) then he will be the 5th in my husbands family line of first born boys, so he will be Brent V.

If it is a girl we have some looking to do!
  • Options
    My partner hated the name I picked for my first but then fell in love with it after a while. 

He was saying this time that I was lucky because I could pick whatever I wanted. I said I doubt it and told him my girls names. He said "you had better names last time". I told him those were my names from last time we just never got past the first one lol. 

Names are hard. I've decided on a boy's name but he said it's too similar to my nephews name although he's the only one that things that. 

Boy: Cassian. My nephew is Kashius. They have different number of syllables and only have "ca" the same sound. 

Girls: Lainey and Jolene. I like Lainey better than Jolene, but I like Jo better than Laine. 
  • Options
    We’re having a girl and I’ve always loved the name Lemon 😬 Lemon May but I’m having a hard time convincing anyone else it’s a cute name
  • Options
    My husband has become obsessed with the name Vanessa (it just came to him out of the blue a few weeks ago). I don't really have specific names in mind (a few on a list to kick around), but I still want to pore over hundreds of names with him and hash it out. Vanessa does get points for working well in English and Spanish, though, I'll give him that!
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 As a clear fan of the name Jo, I love Jolene! 
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 Jo is adorable. Giving me little women vibes. 

@missmuisq my husband is currently obsessed with Brooke. It’s not my favorite but I also don’t hate it. Just not feeling it. I feel like our kid isn’t going to be a “nature kid” so I’m not feeling any outdoorsy imagery. Vanessa has the cutest nickname on earth though in my opinion - Nessa. 
  • Options
    We are looking for gender neutral names any suggestions?
  • Options
    If we're having a girl, she'll be Stella!

We are having trouble agreeing on a boy's name. So far the only one we both for sure like is Oliver (Ollie), but I'm not convinced because that was my inlaws cat's name who passed away this past spring.... I dont want them thinking our baby is named after the cat....
  • Options
    I love the name Alexander but H doesnt like it at all. 
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    heytallmamaheytallmama member
    edited September 2022
    @nopegoat I love the name! 

Husband and I are pretty firm on baby name (Parker Jo/Joelle/Jolene) but our daughter (7) has started making suggestions. Her firmest one is Ava, which is super pretty, just doesn’t quite flow with our last name and isn’t our style (we like more gender neutral names). How have others handled name input from older siblings?
  • Options
    @heytallmama Jo/Jolene is our top choice right now. It just doesn't match with DD name. 
  • Options
    @firecracker_mama I love Alexander. What kind of names does your H like?

@heytallmama thank you! I think it may be the one.  As far as feedback from siblings goes, we tried that several pregnancies ago and they suggested the same name we had for #3 but with 2 added on to it. Oh that and naughty baby 2. 😅😅😅 No more input from the peanut gallery after that. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @firecracker_mama my youngest is Miles Alexander. I love the name! We would have used it as a first name if my cousin/friends husband wasn’t also an Alex. 
  • Options
    @nopegoat How did you let the kids know “thanks for the input but no thanks” in a way that didn’t make them feel bad? Ours is super sensitive and I’ve tried being like “this is our choice but I’m glad you’re excited” and she’s just so dejected! 
  • Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited September 2022
    @heytallmama truthfully I don't think my boys really cared but we didn't want to discourage them so we told them, "Oh that's a good one. Maybe! Let's see if we can think of any others that we all might like better. We love your name so much it's important that we love this one just as much and that's a hard thing to do!"
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Ohhh I like that framing. Thank you!
  • Options
    @heytallmama hopefully it appeases your sweet girl. ❤️ 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    We’re thinking Lilah Joan. It’s the only one we’ve agreed on so far, but he’s not 100% sold. I am, though. ☺️