2nd Trimester

What week did u feel your baby move for the first time?

2»

Re: What week did u feel your baby move for the first time?

• First pregnancy, felt little flutters 17w6d. Thought it was gas at first but when it started happening more consistently the next few days I knew it was the baby! Now feeling movements every day and it makes me so so happy. 
  • edited June 2022
    Hi! I’m having the same experience at 13weeks ☺️ How long did the first flutters last for you? And how often do you feel it? I felt her all day yesterday it was so much and today I feel nothing so I’m a lil worried..
  • Loading the player...
  • @sstraughn we have about the same timing. First pregnancy and 18 weeks today. 
    That's so exciting! I don't think I have felt anything definitely baby yet? Just gas, digestion, etc... Much less glamorous. I wish you a wonderful rest of your pregnancy. 

• I'm at 17 w 6 d and still haven't felt anything but they're my first baby and I have a lot of extra belly of my own so I'm not worried! Definitely looking forward to it...
  • 19 weeks and haven’t felt baby. But also have an anterior placenta 
  • I felt my baby move for the first time during week 17 and I wasn’t totally sure it was the baby moving until I started feeling it more regularly and my midwife confirmed it.
  • I felt for the first time something in week 17 that I thought had to be baby. Since then, maybe every 2-3 days I'll feel something consistent and think that there is no way it's just gas. But it happens randomly. I'm 20 weeks now and looking forward to feeling movement more regularly in the future! 
  • Week 16 I started to feel the flutters! I wasn't sure at first, but I sit for work alot. So! I could feel my little girl move it move it one day and it was so reassuring!
  • This is my first pregnancy and I felt them for the first time Thursday at 16w5d, and at exactly 17 weeks I was able to take a video of the kick, and my DH was able to feel them! Way earlier than I expected but overjoyed because this was one of the things I was not looking forward to being patient about!
  • I was getting really impatient to feel her.  Was feeling little things, but couldn't be sure that was her.  This is my first.  Then at 19 weeks and 3 days I was laying on my belly writing in my journal to her for the first time in well over a month when I felt a very definite pop - it was so clearly her fist.  Since then I've felt little flutters or light brushes from the inside and when on my belly it's much easier to feel.  
  • This is my second pregnancy and I first felt the flutters around 15 weeks, although it was just here and there. More consistently around 17-18 I started feeling baby move every day. 19 weeks and we were able to start feeling little kicks on the outside of my stomach consistently throughout the day although I gotta be laying down for it.
  • edited August 2022
    First pregnancy. @ 18/19 weeks I felt flutters but I honestly thought they were digestion or gas. @ 24/25 weeks I felt what are distinctive kicks/fist movements. Pretty unique and amazing (and reassuring) feeling. 
  • I'm popping in because so many of these are so early and I was getting nervous. This is my first, and I first felt movement 19 weeks+6 days. And I don't have an anterior placenta... Went for my 20 week scan a day before I first felt him and they told me they were shocked I hadn't felt him, went on and airplane the next day and that's when I started feeling him. So even if you're at 20 weeks and haven't felt baby yet, that doesn't mean anything is wrong!
  • I'm currently 21 weeks +5 and haven't felt him yet. I feel flutters every now and then at night but I'm not 100% sure if it's him. We go for our anatomy scan on Monday so hopefully I'll feel him soon! 
  • I felt my baby for the first time yesterday at 15 weeks. Very small movements and so far I’ve only felt movements once a day in the morning. I am so anxious to feel more movement. It’s a hard waiting game!! Lol
  • I'm 20 weeks and have not felt my baby. I have anterior placenta so I don't really know when I will get to feel anything.
  • Between 20 & 21 weeks.  Felt like light lil gas bubbles popping.  
  • I started feeling him about a week a half ago at 15 weeks 💙 
  • This is my first baby, started feeling her move at 20 weeks.
  • First baby, anterior placenta, didn't feel something I knew was her for sure until about 25 weeks. 
  • edited September 2022
    First baby, didn't feel anything distinctly baby until 24/25 weeks (posterior placenta, often can feel the kicks earlier- nope not me). 
  • Hi guys. Hope everyone is well. This is my second baby with a five yr gap so don't remember much of my first pregnancy. Could you please tell me when I could expect my husband to feel babies movement? I'm 19 weeks and have my anatomy scan booked for next week.
  • @amina97 I started feeling movement around the 19 week mark, but if you read some of the PPs some people start feeling movement later and some earlier. Everyone is different 
  • @amina97 I’m 20 weeks and 3 days, and just felt the first distinct movements on Sunday (20+1). At my anatomy scan, the baby was moving all over, I just wasn’t feeling it yet, so it’s totally normal, and my midwives weren’t concerned at all. Some people it’s even weeks later, and for me, it’s very inconsistent still because I just get a little bit of a pop every once in a while.
  • I feel very light kicks, I felt baby kick for first time at 18 weeks and this is my first pregnancy. 
  • Hi guys just an update. I've started feeling baby move, went for the anatomy scan and everything is great. Currently 21w 4 days. Thank you for the responses , it really did put my mind at ease. For those having their anatomy scan soon, I wish you all the best. There really is something special about feeling those distinct movements <3