February 2023 Moms

July Symptoms

2»

Re: July Symptoms

• @ccp211 yes! I'm almost 8 weeks and have had congestion for a few weeks. My allergies to whatever is outside are acting up extra because of this pregnancy so I'm sneazing and sniffling, etc.
  • I am having similar symptoms too
  • Loading the player...
  • @emy162, if "What to Expect" didn't resonate with you (it did not with me, at all), you might like "Expecting Better." It is an update on the "What to Expect" book with better research. I was happy I read it and eased a lot of my anxiety.

@kristinl492 I've been using a magnesium cream too and I'm amazed at how much it helped with the RSL! It has been such a relief.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • emy162emy162 member
    @LaceyBee522 ohhhh thanks for the tip, I'll check it out - I love reading :) 
  • I am struggling hard with the fatigue/exhaustion this week! 😴  Nausea isn’t 24/7 anymore, but, man, I’ve hit the too tired to function, yet still have to work/adult/parent somehow phase (which for me usually last until baby is born…crossing my fingers it doesn’t this time!). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Has anyone lost weight? Due to nausea it’s hard to eat throughout the day and I thought I was doing a good job of forcing myself to eat, but after my first appointment I saw I was down 10 lbs. my doctor didn’t seem concerned, how have y’all been getting calories in? 
  • @irgarcia2022 yes - I've lost weight. Mine is due to nausea and I stopped drinking. I lost about 15 lbs in the first trimester last time. This time I'm only down 5 so far.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I gained 5 pounds because I get nauseous if I don't eat. I have to keep feeding this baby. It's insane.
  • @seeds_of_joy I have only gained 2 pounds but I’m similar. I don’t feel nauseous only if I’m eating so I just keep eating too keep the nausea at bay. Ugh. 

Thought the nausea would start getting better but with both previous pregnancies I was sick up until probably 20 weeks. Guess I won’t be catching a break this time either.  
  • @seeds_of_joy @angbaby83 Same here. I’ve been eating less and feeling sicker, or eating more and feeling a little better. I sometimes feel like I can’t even just drink the water I need without feeling sick. Annoying lol 😂 
  • Has anyone had cramping in their first trimester? I’m currently 5 weeks (I know it’s early) but I’ve been getting random cramping that last maybe a few seconds and then disappears. It’s not all day or everyday but I’ve noticed it’s happened a few times in the past ten days or so.
  • ttc3yttc3y member
    Yes. I have had a few moments of cramping in the last few weeks (I’m at 8weeks now). The intensity is nothing more than mild ones to mild-moderate. I think the most important is looking for any bleeding. If there is no major bleeding (spotting is typically normal), you should be fine.
  • Yes, plenty of cramping. I believe its fairly normal so Im not alarmed. It never lasts more than a few seconds.
  • justkpjustkp member
    Cramps here as well - short lived, random times throughout the day. However, mine get much worse when I cough or sneeze, it's like a stabbing sensation. At first I worried it was a bad sign, but I felt it back to weeks 4-5, long before I had my ultrasound which was totally normal, so I reckon it's probably nothing to worry about 😀

• ttc3yttc3y member
    Omg, today was the first day in weeks that I actually had energy to run errands and be productive! I don’t know how long this will keep up but I’m so grateful for feeling like my old self again! I’m only at 8 weeks and 4 days. Who knows how long this will last but I’m grateful for every moment of it!
  • codexcodex member
    @irgarcia2022 yup I’ve lost weight to! About 5 pounds I think. I was worried but I’ve read it’s fairly common to lose some weight in the first trimester due to food aversions and nausea. 

My big issue right now is constipation. I can’t seem to go! And it’s starting to cause pain. I’m trying Metamucil and it’s helping a bit but it’s definitely not clearing it all up.  Any suggestions from others?
  • @codex phylum husk is really good natural fiber and daily fruit smoothies with chia seeds and eating more apples might help.
  • @kristinl492 I’ve been taking the Olly prenatals from Target, which are nutritionally the same as the others I had been taking except they don’t have iron and they taste great. I’ve been taking one in the morning and one in the evening instead of 2 together, because it seems to be easier on my stomach. I’ve also been supplementing iron separately when I’m up to it with ferrous gluconate pills because I’m always borderline anemic, but you can ask your doctor if they think you need it. Ferrous sulfate is harder on your stomach, so if you need iron supplements, stay away from that one! And ask a pharmacist if you’re trying to find it or decide.

I’ve been nauseous, especially with sweet foods and heat, and it’s been miserably hot here lately, but it’s been mostly manageable with B6 and eating small amounts frequently. Insomnia is starting to kick in, though, which isn’t fun. I’m also almost 12 weeks, so I’m hoping the nausea starts to reduce soon and I can get back to normal, more sustainable eating habits since I can’t have food at my desk.
  • @cletus-the-february-fetus those are actually the ones I switched to! They’re the most tolerable texture/taste-wise. I should probably be supplementing with iron but I’m hoping that in a few weeks I’ll be able to tolerate swallowing my old prenatal with iron again. 
  • @kristinl492 a friend recommended them to me! And my midwives don’t recommend iron for people who don’t have symptoms of anemia or a history, so you’re probably fine without it. Anemia landed me in the hospital with IV iron long before I was ever pregnant so I’m just higher risk. And if they ever do put you on iron supplements, ask about formulation options- ferrous sulfate made me sick when I was 20, not pregnant, and could live on dorm burritos and beer without any digestive problems. I don’t want to know what it would do to pregnant me in my 30s.
  • ttc3yttc3y member
    @codex Constipation can definitely be a challenge in pregnancy. Up your vegetable and fruit intake to 3-5 servings/ day (start with breakfast or else it’s hard to stay on top), stay well hydrated, and add some movement to your day to help move the bowels (something simple as walking for 30 min is fine). The square potty can help (they have hilarious ads btw). I’ve also added Magnesium Citrate to my supplement regiment which can help soften stools. I’m currently taking 100-200mg daily. Other options -  Prune juice. Metamucil or Benefiber is helpful if you are struggling to get your fiber count up during the day with food sources which may help if you are struggling with nausea and vomiting. 
  • Ugh, heartburn has started over here!! I’ve dealt with it in all of my pregnancies, earlier and earlier every time. Zantac was the only thing that gave me any relief during prior pregnancies (and even then not completely), so that being recalled a few years ago kind makes me want to cry thinking about the next 6 months…. 😩

BabyFruit Ticker

• 11w1d and i’ve been back with the mild period cramping. it’s annoying, not painful but it def stresses me out. anyone else feeing it?
    on the plus side my nausea has let up a lot. just still sleeping 16hr when i’m not working 😂
  • Coffee, even in the smallest of amounts, now causes 🤢. This has happened eventually every pregnancy, and it makes me so sad, because coffee is my favorite!! 

Also, wtf with cracking, dry nipples this early in pregnancy?!? I did not expect new pregnancy symptoms to pop up the 4th time around! haha.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @runningyogimama I’m so in the same boat- I’m slathering my nipples with shea butter multiple times a day and I grabbed a pair of nipple shields that I’m wearing almost all the time right now. Not sure what else to do! Every shower, I slather my breasts in olive oil to prevent them from feeling too dried out. Not sure what’s helping or what’s causing it, but it’s rough! I’ve never had this issue before either- I figured it was because I was still lightly nursing my toddler. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
  • My boobs are back to the way they were meant to be. Glorious. But they hurt. After being pregnant and/or nursing for over 10 years straight, they were in a pretty sad situation that nobody ever warned me about this last year. They're currently having a revival.
  • 10 weeks is hitting me like a ton of bricks. I had been feeling a little better over the last week or so but I woke up today feeling AWFUL. I should’ve known it was the calm before the storm 😅
  • Ugh, I’m fighting a boob battle. Now that one side is not cracked any more, it seems I’ve developed a bit of a breast yeast infection 🤦‍♀️ It was fine for nursing last night (not painful), but then it got itchy and stayed itchy all night. New project for today!! Geez 🙄 
  • I am usually a huge water drinker it’s the main thing I drink and I drink 40-100 oz a day but since my morning sickness started at 6 weeks I’ve had the hardest time drinking water. It makes me feel queezy and I prefer to drink orange juice or apple juice. Anyone else feel like this? I feel horrible not being able to drink as much water as I know I should be. 
  • Yes I’m 11 weeks and still stuffed up and congested! 
  • Yes water has been harder recently to drink. I've been drinking a lot of fruit juices. 
  • ttc3yttc3y member
    @willowoak952022 @knottie711810c5892d1485
    i’ve been getting bored with water too recently. I’ve been switching things up by drinking non caffeinated herbal teas (like ginger mango), stevia sweetened ginger ale, and chocolate oat milk.  
  • ttc3yttc3y member
    The fatigue and insomnia with first trimester has been the hardest on me in the last couple weeks. I’m just proud that I was able to garner enough energy to water all of my all of my plants today. Some of them are looking pretty sad and there are definitely some casualties from the combination of the intense heat waves and my neglect. I’m grateful that I don’t have much life demands right now that I can accommodate for the pregnancy symptoms. I think I have a little more left in the tank to make an instant pot dinner. Each task just feels like a mountain right now. I’m so grateful that my husband has been supportive as well. 
  • @ttc3y any favorite instant pot dinners you’d like to share??
  • Tonight I made a chicken and smoked chorizo sausage instant pot paella. This is the recipe I used: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/268087/pressure-cooker-paella-with-chicken-thighs-and-smoked-sausage/

I added more salt to taste, used saffron and held the tumeric, and used 1 Tbsp of white wine vinegar instead of dry sherry. My husband approved. 😊 I was overall happy with it. The only issue is that it comes out a little bit more soggy than real paella but I think that is the trade off when using the instant pot vs the proper paella pan. I would definitely recommend this recipe to others. 
  • @ttc3y The extreme fatigue (and unfairness of the insomnia on top of it) has always been the hardest part of pregnancy for me, also. It makes functioning so hard.

I’ve started to have smell sensitivity the last few days. I also had it when pregnant with my first, but not my last two, and it is soooo annoying. 😩 I swear, I couldn’t get my house clean enough this weekend to not be able to smell the dogs (probably because they are still here 😅), and I can smell the trash, and the garbage disposal, and dirty dishes in the dishwasher that hasn’t been run yet. 😩 Everything just makes me gag/dry heave because it smells so bad. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Definitely being hit with smell sensitivity at 11w 6d
  • My nausea is nearly gone at 11 weeks and has given way to a constant and pretty significant headache. Along with the exhaustion, which is bad as ever, it makes me want to curl up in a ball and just sleep for weeks until I am well and good into 2nd trimester  o:)
  • @runningyogimama @coconut_trees I can relate to the heightened sense of smell too. The smell will just all of a sudden just waif into my nose. I actually found the energy to clean a toilet bowl last night and regretted it immediately because the smell was so unpleasant. I’m so grateful that the bathroom has an exhaust fan.