February 2023 Moms
Options

July Symptoms

Hey all! Hope you don't mind if we start a new monthly thread for Symptoms since the last one is quite long. What new symptoms is everyone dealing with?
Me: 34  DH: 34
Married 10/28/17
Our TTC Journey
TTC #1 February '18
Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: July Symptoms

• Options
    9 weeks here, and super uncomfortably bloated. 😩 Feeling less 🤢 now, which is nice, but even my normally loose-fitting joggers and shirts are tight right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @runningyogimama I am super bloated too, especially at night. I broke out some maternity shorts for the weekend because between the bloat and the heat, I was not about to try my regular shorts. It's stretching for me from this point forward! 

I've felt like junk this whole weekend. I was nervous at first (PGAL brain will do that to you) but I am still feeling super strong symptoms so I think it might just be morning sickness, which I never really had before. I pretty much feel hungover everyday. I am also still SO tired, and have been getting headaches that make it hard to move my head quickly, but just trying to push through and hydrate! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am in a world of hurt. The nausea has just been kicking my butt for the past week. I couldn't eat anything on Sunday and barely anything yesterday. I've felt sick to my stomach all day today with a terrible headache. It is like a terrible hangover without the fun of drinking the night before.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    andah_andah_ member
    Very sore breasts. Is anyone else getting a lot of cramping? I’m cramping a lot of days but not all day. Not much bloating. I have also only felt nauseas once I already have the food in my mouth, there’s been a couple times where I wanted to spit my food out and couldn’t finish my meal.
  • Options
    @runningyogimama same with the bloating. My scrubs were uncomfortably tight at work today

Anyone else dealing with shaky hands? It’s the weirdest thing. Not sure if it’s some kind of early onset of carpal tunnel. I have had some wrist stiffness/weakness for the last year or so but the shakiness is new since the pregnancy. 
  • Options
    andah_andah_ member
    I felt really shaky the other day, it was random and I don’t think it’s happened since.
  • Options
    I have to keep feeding this child. I feel sick if I don't... @LaceyBee522 you described it well... hungover. I haven't been hungover in over a decade but this is how I remember it. I'm also not feeling up for much moving. I really have to gather the motivation to cook. 
  • Options
    Dealing with hyperemesis….super frustrating. Thought maybe the second time around would be different…I was wrong 👍
  • Options
    I woke up with some sharp abdominal cramping and bad lower back pain. I'm debating calling my doctor because I know it is probably just my uterus expanding/my pelvis tilting. What would you guys do?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ttc3yttc3y member
    @LaceyBee522 I’m sorry to hear you are in so much pain. If you think the issue is musculoskeletal by nature, I would recommend cranial sacral therapy to help with the realignment. It’s gentler than chiropractic work. You can find a Practitioner near you on the Upledger Institute website. Sometimes a well trained massage therapist may know Cranial Sacral therapy. If you are in MD/VA/DC area or in Phoenix, AZ, I have good referral suggestions. 
  • Options
    The bloat continues and I’m already over it, lol. I bought maternity jeans over the weekend since I wear jeans to work almost everyday. I never needed them with my last pregnancy since I had really stretchy work pants! Just new job, more casual dress code. I’m starting to feel less nauseous which is great, but food aversions have started instead. My hubby brought home Firehouse (which I LOVE) and I couldn’t eat it 😭 The thought made my stomach turn. Headaches are still a pretty regular occurrence and it doesn’t seem to matter how hydrated I am. Hoping that eases up soon 🤞
  • Options
    ttc3yttc3y member
    Is anyone else not feeling refreshed after sleeping? I put myself to bed at 9:30pm last night. Probably fell asleep by 10:30/ 11:00pm. Woke up at 7am this morning and still felt exhausted! 
  • Options
    @ttc3y Ugh, me too! This week we’ve been trying to visit with so many people, I feel wasted no matter how much sleep I’m getting. 
  • Options
    @cpk3535 I'm so sick of feeling drunk all the time... 🙄
  • Options
    emy162emy162 member
    edited July 2022
    I'm exhausted too.  I usually exercise 5-6 days a week, and hike so much here in Colorado, but I can't do anything right now other than sit or sleep. I've been really sick with nausea/vomiting and going to hospital for fluids since I can't keep water down, so I'm trying not to be too hard on myself!!! It is hard though because I just feel lazy lol. 
  • Options
    ttc3yttc3y member
    @emy162 You’re not lazy! You’re making a human being! Its ok to rest and listen to your body. I’m so sorry the nausea has been so hard on you. (Hugs) Hang in there. Hopefully the docs have given you some zofran to help. 
  • Options
    justkpjustkp member
    @LaceyBee522 I had the same a week ago, quite severe pain, bad enough I passed out, so I was convinced something was badly amiss with my pregnancy. But ultrasound confirmed all good two days ago, they say it was possibly a ruptured cyst which is apparently both normal in early pregnancy and harmless. Just wanted to offer words of comfort in case you are as anxious as I was that it was a sign of something real bad. It got better within a day for me, hope you feel better soon ❤
  • Options
    justkpjustkp member
    My most bothersome symptom (along with nausea and exhaustion) is that I'm turning into a hormonal monster! Can't stand the sight of my boyfriend some days, he is tiptoeing around me trying to make me as comfortable as he can, and I still just get annoyed every time he opens his mouth. He is the sweetest most caring person I have ever known, and I am quite open to him about how I feel and how he should not take anything personal at the moment.

But yeah, not being able to recognise myself and my reaction patterns and my emotions is probably the symptom I have the hardest time coming to terms with.
  • Options
    @emy162 You are not lazy! You are literally growing a whole entire human being from scratch in a matter of months - that takes A LOT of energy!! You should be resting when you can! Pregnancy is very humbling like that. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    emy162emy162 member
  • Options
    Thanks @justkp! Mine only last about a day too, so I'm hoping it was nothing serious. I didn't have any other alarming issues, so I'm taking that as a good sign.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am just wiped out at 7 1/2 weeks. I have to take breaks often. Most of my day is a break. I'm forcing myself to get up every 15 minutes to clean or do something. So glad I'm at this stage now and not when we start our homeschool year in a month. 
  • Options
    ttc3yttc3y member
    I’m definitely finding that if I put myself to bed early (like 9:30pm), my symptoms of fatigue and nausea are less and the lightheadedness doesn’t occur. Putting myself to bed early is unheard of in my non pregnancy past (I am typically a night owl) but I’m definitely willing to do anything to make my life more functional as best as I can through my pregnancy!
  • Options
    Happy to have found this group! I'm 7 weeks today after a long journey with infertility. It's my first pregnancy and every little change makes me nervous. Newest one is a pulling or pinching sensation that is quite painful but keeps changing location. My googling tells me it's my uterus and ligaments stretching but still unsettling. My first ultrasound is on Monday so we are looking forward to that and will hopefully feel a little reassurance. Otherwise I've been feeling pretty good. A little cramping, a little tired, no nausea or spotting. Oh and I'm so hungry all day every day!
  • Options
    The nausea has started this past week and the sore breasts have been a constant. Does anyone else feel guilty that they can’t hold down anything of nourishment? I’ve been able to do smoothies with protein but any sort of meat makes me want to vomit. I’ve stuck to fruits and toast and plain noodles, but I feel bad….even water at this point is hard to drink😅
  • Options
    emy162emy162 member
    @irgarcia2022 I know that guilt too! I had such grand plans to eat super healthy all pregnancy but I'm throwing up most of the day with HG so I've resorted to pretty much saltines and potatoes lol.  At least we have prenatals!! 

I got fluids at hospital yesterday and finally had enough energy to be able to walk today!! 3.5 miles and feeling proud. Is this the accomplishment pride feeling that marathon runners feel after a marathon?? Lol  
  • Options
    @emy162 after 5 successful pregnancies and births, I think I finally learned that there's no point in making goals for eating healthy the first trimester. It all goes out the window! 😂
  • Options
    emy162emy162 member
    @seeds_of_joy lol yep I learned that very quickly. I made the mistake of reading What To Expect and it put all these high food expectations/pressures in my head. In reality it is just... Get through the day however possible! 
  • Options
    @emy162 oh wow, I’m glad you’re feeling better from the hospital! And we’re in it together ladies - stomaching whatever we can to at least feed ourselves. Makes me feel better I’m not the only one!
  • Options
    Does anyone else wear a Fitbit? I just always have - my resting heart rate had been increasing, as it always has with pregnancy, and then this last week started falling, and is now back to almost my pre-pregnancy average. 😕 I know it can mean nothing, and this is about when the placenta takes over so could be that, but of course I can’t help but worry that something is wrong. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Hi. I’m new here. :) my 🤢 is finally better this AM. I’ve been really going through it these past few weeks. Still super fatigued lol
  • Options
    emy162emy162 member
    I am having *so* much anxiety today.  It is like the better I am physically the worse I feel mentally, and vice versa.  Mentally I'm at a big low today from lessening pregnancy symptoms and thinking the worst.

Trying some meditations via the Expectful app to keep myself grounded - has anyone else used that app? I just downloaded it.
  • Options
    ttc3yttc3y member
    @emy162 I’ve heard about the expectful app. I think it’s a great idea to use and help manage anxiety. Please let me know how your experience is. 

Last night, the pregnancy insomnia kicked in and woke me up at 2am. Even after emptying my bladder, eating an apple, and drinking a bit of lemon water to quell a wave of nause (or hunger? Sometimes the sensations are confusing), I still couldn’t fall back asleep. 😫 I’m going to be a zombie for the rest of the day and I’m just grateful that I have nothing planned for today or kids to take care of. 

How do you all handle the insomnia aspect of this first trimester?
  • Options
    kristinl492kristinl492 member
    edited July 2022
    I’m struggling to take my prenatals. I couldn’t handle swallowing them anymore so I switched to the Smarty Pants gummies and the taste made me gag 🤦🏼‍♀️. Anyone have any suggestions for gummies that actually taste good? 

@ttc3y I’m struggling with the insomnia + restless legs, so I take a magnesium supplement and I’m also using magnesium lotion before bed. I’ve used my weighted blanket a few times as well. All of that still doesn’t keep the insomnia totally at bay, but it helps take the edge off the restless legs and keeps me from being awake for long periods of time at night 
  • Options
    @runningyogimama I don’t use a Fitbit regularly, but I had weird low blood pressure last pregnancy (I fainted in a mall at 7 months 🤦‍♀️) so this time, I bought my own blood pressure monitor after borrowing from my parents last time. Sometimes I feel like it’s going to be low and then it’s actually quite a bit higher than I normally am. Ah, the magic of pregnancy.
  • Options
    Ditto x 1000 with the exhaustion. DD was sick this weekend and I passed out with her at 8:30 every night 😂 
  • Options
    @cpk3535 Oh, yes, I definitely experience the low blood pressure during pregnancy, every time! I think my first was the worth, though - never passed out, but often felt close while at work.

Thinking about it more, I had Covid when I found out I was pregnant, so I’ve also been slowing increasing my workouts back to normal since then, so it makes sense that as my body has adjusted AND I’ve worked out more, so I’m probably just overthinking/over-worrying my resting HR going back done.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Tried to have some watermelon for a nice healthy bedtime snack. Had a few bites, put it away and got a donut. Turns out that’s exactly what baby wanted tonight 😂. My appetite is SO finnicky these days. 
  • Options
    ccp211ccp211 member
    Just hit 7 weeks and the congestion is getting real! Anyone else dealing with pregnancy congestion/stuffy nose? I read that it’s pretty common but every morning my stuffy nose wakes me up! Totally plugged up! I hate it.