October 2022 Moms

May symptoms

2»

Re: May symptoms

• krthousekrthouse member
    edited May 2022
    @merostomata I'm also feeling quite large. People always seem surprised that I'm due in October and not this summer. No "sure it ain't twins" comments yet though.
  • andossandoss member
    Anyone hit second trimester and the all day sickness/vomiting stopped just to return the following week? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Biggest thing for me right now is what I assume is ligament pain. Always on one side or the other, especially when I’m trying to sleep. And nothing fits right anymore but I don’t feel big enough to spend money on maternity clothes yet.
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    @robbinsegg317 I am sorry about the ligament pain!
    I hope you don’t mind me saying this, but if you're uncomfortable in your clothes one way or another, you’re big enough. I’m a FTM, 20 weeks today, and I’m just barely showing. I’ve been in maternity jeans since a few weeks now. It makes no sense to hold off if you ask me. I’ve been living in these for work (if you order them and get a pair that’s stiff, order a replacement. Somehow there are some inconsistencies I found out about when they sent me a size small by mistake. Not as good quality as my mediums).
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07JXNXL8P?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image
    My MIL got me maternity tees from Motherhood Maternity and my life has officially changed. They fit great and are really flattering. I can grow into them and not worry about a thing.
  • I'm a FTM at 17w6d and I'm still having bad all-day nausea. I haven't eaten real food in months, I'm stuck on meal replacement shakes and can tolerate some carbs sometimes. Other than that, I've felt the first flutters which was so exciting. I also started having hip pain last weekend and my belly is getting huge. Switching mattresses to one that's softer in our guest room definitely helped. My non-existent abs are also sore like I've been doing sit ups. Just tired from being stretched I suppose. If the nausea would let up I'd be much happier, it's hard to keep my spirits up when it feels like I just keep getting sicker. I know it'll all be worth it though.
  • @ferret22 what did your doctor say about the nausea? 
  • @ferret22 what did your doctor say about the nausea? 
    They gave me meds for it and said as long as I'm staying hydrated it's fine. I've also been checked on by a nutritionist to make sure my diet is sufficient. I'm just hanging in there.
  • @ferret22 I feel for ya. I'm 18w3d, puking daily and food is a struggle. Protein shakes, crackers, Gatorade, and fruit. I've already tried 2 types of prescription drugs for the nausea, but had bad side effects, so it's either nothing or a steroid course. Fingers crossed that symptoms resolve soon...
  • @pangolindrome you’re totally right, it’s probably time I just go for it. My difficulty is that I only wear skirts as I’m Apostolic Pentecostal, so finding reliable sizing that’s modest and also affordable is a bit tricky. For work I need a floor-length jean skirt, which most stores don’t carry in even non-maternity sizes 😩 so I’m procrastinating trying to find a maternity skirt to last me til September when I leave to be a SAHM. I’m sure there are some out there, I just haven’t wanted to deal with the stress of finding them 😅
  • @robbinsegg317 Since that's a more specific thing to look for I wonder if it might be easier to get a non-maternity one and have someone sew in a stretch panel waistband for you. You could also ask any women in your church who've been pregnant within the last few years if they can either lend you what they wore or tip you off to where to find it.
  • @robbinsegg317 https://newcreationapparel.com/collections/long-skirts
    I have no idea exactly what you're looking for but this place has cute modest full length skirts. Hopefully one will work!
  • Omg my feet are death tonight. They're getting so achy on work days. I try to find opportunities to sit and to make sure I shift my weight rather than standing still but at midway through this pregnancy I'm worried about how they're going to hold up for another several weeks!
  • @krthouse I hear you on that! I wear memory foam slippers around the house to ease my foot and hip pain. Every time I have to wear normal shoes my feet kill me. 
  • Anyone else having pelvic pain? 
  • @krthouse yes I did try that but the newer moms at my church are either not in my same size range or don’t have a long jean skirt :/ I will definitely be saving my stuff though to pass along if someone else needs it down the line :) my mother-in-law was going to try converting a regular skirt to maternity for me like that, but things have been put on hold for her due to breast cancer treatments :( treatments are working though so we’re very grateful!!

@krysnicole1022 thank you so much! I hadn’t found this site yet and it looks like they have some promising options in my budget 💕
  • @robbinsegg317 I hope one works for you! 
  • @relizabethp I’m also having pelvic pain. Thankfully I sit most of the day at my job, but I’m going to get a maternity belly band to see if that helps when I am up and about.
  • bows22bows22 member
    I had some awful RLP while I was sleeping last night, I’m sure I was just tossing and turning but if RLP is bad does that mean you are doing something that is bad for the baby? I’m going to break out the snoogle this weekend which will hopefully keep me from getting in to bad positions. 
  • @bows22 I’ve been having excruciating RLP in my left adductor up by my groin the last couple days which I’ve attributed to the huge amount of walking we’ve been doing on vacation. I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong. It comes from everything stretching and the hormones that loosen up your ligaments. I get RLP with each pregnancy and just take rests or change position whenever it flares up. 
  • silverholly8silverholly8 member
    edited May 2022
    So week 20 and morning sickness has *mostly* subsided. I threw up once last week and mornings I have to nibble and sip slowly. Still having food aversions and I do best when I'm constantly grazing/snacking.

Occasional fatigue still. One day this week my hips ached a bit -- it felt like they were widening.

And big bummer: I have no libido 😞 I was hoping for a 2nd trimester of getting busy, but my hormones are like 🤷‍♀️
  • Hormones are the worst. The lack of libido really sucks. I'm either all in or not even a little interested. 🤣 
  • 20w today and this week I've felt first trimester exhaustion again  :(  I was loving having my energy back (at least during the morning/day) and now I feel useless again...hopefully it will pass.
  • Is anyone feeling “popping” in their upper torso especially when you sneeze or yawn ? 
  • Same here, tired and sometimes sick again the last week. Now I am 21 weeks today.
  • Anyone else having pelvic 

yes me too, every few days I have had some pretty bad RLP in my groin mostly. And also in both sides you of my abdomen. Painful! 
  • It might just be the heat wave we're having right now but I feel like I can smell everything the way I did in first trimester. I got stuck waiting for a garbage truck to pull out of a loading dock in 31C heat (~88F for my US mamas) and nearly vomited the smell was so overwhelming. I didn't have to deal with this kind of heat with DS because he was a Spring baby. Is this going to be the whole of summer 😳
  • Woke up at 2:30am and couldn't sleep. Prepped our food for the day. Really wanted to clean the shower for some odd reason. I really look forward to summer vacation when the requirements of society no longer impede what my pregnant body wants me to do at whatever time of day.
  • LMAO at wanting to clean the shower at 2:30am @pangolindrome! I feel you. I get overtaken with the urge to do cleaning or projects at the worst times...when I should be WFH. 

I'm definitely feeling pregnant now at 21 weeks. I feel like a beached seal getting comfortable in bed and have trouble bending to tie my shoes now. My feet hurt from just standing to cook and my appetite is insatiable, even when I feel like a bloated tick lol. 
  • @moogieks It was so funny and frustrating at the same time!
    How are you showing? Because at 23w1d I feel everything you just said (ok, my feet don't hurt) and I'm carrying pretty small so far, but the realization of how much a bendable midsection actually does for moving around is almost startling.
    Do you have one of those squishy kitchen mats? We have one in front of the sink since we do dishes by hand. It helps tremendously!
  • I wear memory foam slippers around the house basically full time. 
  • @pangolindrome I mean, I feel big! I'm a FTM so it's all new to me. And when I said 21 weeks it was pregnancy brain...I'm 22 weeks haha. He's measuring 21 weeks 6 days and is 1lb (had US yesterday). Yeah I think I'm going to start wearing some supportive house shoes around 😄 I had a friend mention she wore flats her whole preganancy and lost like and inch of height bc her arches basically collapsed oofn.
  • Insomnia fun. Took forever to turn my brain off last night, plus baby was wiggling a bunch which made it harder. It does help that my pug likes to sleep on my legs and the weight helps ease restless leg issues, but it still took a hot minute (like a good 2 hours).
  • I’m pretty sure I have COVID 😩. Hubby tested positive yesterday and I’ve been feeling like crap since last week but woke up today so much worse. Congestion, body aches, cough, and soooo tired. No fever thankfully. I’m getting tested tomorrow morning but this sucks so much. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• rcgwrcgw member
    @shortstack930 I'm soooooooo sorry!!!! A couple of my sisters got COVID this month so we've been steering clear of all family for a while. That's no fun. Thoughts and prayers you get through it quickly. 
  • @shortstack930 I'm so sorry, and I have Covid too :( My hubby got it from his coworker. I didn't test positive (home test) until the third test though, when I was feeling super, undeniably crappy. If you're getting a PCR it should be accurate either way though. I hope you feel better soon, it sucks a lot, especially when you can't take any medication! I'm in the peak if it right now and just trying to rest at home. Our toddler has it too, but luckily she's improving. 

(For the record, I'm vaccinated and boosted, but my booster is over 6 months out now.)
  • @merostomata ugh I’m so sorry you’re in the same boat!! I’m vaccinated and boosted too so it’s scary to think how much worse this could have been if I wasn’t. I hope your toddler feels better soon too!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @shortstack930
    @merostomata

Hope both of you feel better soon!