October 2022 Moms
Options

May symptoms

Re: May symptoms

• Options
    17 weeks: I am STILL dealing with morning sickness. Headaches, but those might be from the anti-nausea meds I've attempted.

My fatigue is gradually easing up -- I'm able to stay up till about 10:30pm now, and when I nap during the day, I don't actually fall asleep, it's just rest. I'm able to go on short walks and even socialize a bit.
  • Options
    andossandoss member
    14w1d so ready to start to feel better. Still nauseous, no appetite, exhausted with insomnia and occasional headaches. When in second trimester did everyone start to feel a little bit more human?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Still waiting on that... I'm 15+5 and still exhausted, not sleeping, and struggling to eat. 
  • Options
    I'll add this is the longest it's ever lasted for me. I'm usually done being sick and exhausted by 12 weeks. Not this round 
  • Options
    Loving your posts out of solidarity ♥️
  • Options
    While I have more energy I'm definitely dealing with some insomnia, leaking, and am generally just much more sore/achy. Loving my bump though, which is getting pretty pronounced already.
  • Options
    14w1d and still throwing up at least once a day and I don't ever want to eat anything. I'm loving that my bump is growing and I'm starting to feel some flutters but I can't wait to actually enjoy food again.
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    17 weeks now. Officially HG, but at least it's 3-4 days a week instead of every day. The newest misery is hip pain. I've developed "the waddle" already, so I'm wearing a belly band even though I'm still not showing yet.
  • Options
    @silverholly8 I always like posts out of solidarity and acknowledgement. 
    I have bad pregnancy brain. Like it just took me a few seconds to remember how to spell "acknowledgement". Fortunately my 8 year old is a walking dictionary and I just ask her because boy is my brain fried. I've been taking a time released B12 for nausea and I think it's helped with my overall energy levels. I still can't fall asleep but the unisom or Benadryl makes me unable to get out of bed. I'm incredibly fortunate that my three kids have been trained to leave me alone from 7pm until 730am. 😂 Because I would be non functioning if they woke me up any earlier. I wish I were joking. It's still cold here and I'm really over the whole pants thing. I'm going to order some of the linen pants with the roll over waist. 
  • Options
    My main symptoms are better - nausea/fatigue - but I have been plagued by gum issues and my TMJ has been exacerbated to the point where I was up all night in pain :( Usually I would medicate heavily, but I only took Tylenol and they just aren't doing anything!

Anyone else having dental/TMJ issues? I have a little dental PTSD from a lot of work I needed to get done last year so my anxiety is just through the roof.
  • Options
    16w3d here and I may be feeling flutters? FTM so really not sure. Otherwise I am constantly sleepy- though not nearly as fatigued as I was a few weeks ago- gassy and the pregnancy brain is REAL.
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    I'm 14+2 now and have been dealing with constipation the last couple weeks. Uggghhhhh I never had any issues with my son and didn't realize it could be so bad!!!!  My OB told me to take Resoralax (sp?) so I started that last week and finally had some 'movement' yesterday. Except I decided it made sense to keep taking it so things would keep moving... and it moved too far in the opposite direction!  :'(

Anyhow, I'm not sure who these people are that 'glow' in pregnancy, but it most definitely isn't me!!!
  • Options
    18w6d
    I spill on myself enough that I prefer to eat with a rain jacket. Only when we eat in the car though, so… small miracles?
    The pregnancy brain is pretty bad. I’ve given up on braining like normal and am working with my new normal, so it’s going okay. 
    I basically slept my way through this weekend. I am starting to think I have to be asleep by 8:30pm on weekdays to get enough sleep (I’m up by 5:45am). It’s been hard to motivate myself to go to bed that early.
    I am definitely clumsier than I’ve been. It’s like my depth perception is just a little off, maybe, or I genuinely forget how to move with things around me. I hooked a student’s Chromebook with my hand and almost caused it to fall. 
    Seven more weeks. Really, six and a half, of not breaking anything at work!
  • Options
    I'm hoping being pregnant in the summer will help me attain the elusive "glow". I've had two summer babies and I was able to get golden (prior to this I was never able to get anything but burned. I'm pale and freckled) and then I had an early spring practically winter baby and I was pale and dreary. I felt awful about myself. My skin was pretty good with my girls but a mess with my son. Same goes for my hair. My son sucked the life out of my hair while I was pregnant and now he has the most glorious hair. 
    I'm exhausted and really trying to deal with not being able to do things safely (like wield an axe or a chainsaw) with my clumsiness and pregnancy brain. I've finally accepted having to hire someone to come pull out shrubs for me when I would normally dig them up. I'm exhausted and my appetite is spotty. 
  • Options
    Thank goodness im not the only one..FTM and I've started pregnancy brain. Walk into a room and forget what I was there to do LOL. I WFH so i do my best to stay focused but some days its just HARD to sit down and get work done. The fatigue is better some days than others but still can't function without my lunchtime nap! Acid reflux, bloating and eczema have been getting me too. But overall not a bad lot. Just good to know I'm not alone feeling all these. 
  • Options
    @krysnicole1022 definitely feel you on the yard work, I'm a gardener and it's killing me how little stamina I have on the weekends to get outside work done..i still have leaves/fall cleanup in areas and everything here is blooming already. Worth it and valid to get help on bigger projects!
  • Options
    Last night I woke up with a CRAZY charlie horse in my leg! I remember occasionally having this with DS in third trimester but definitely not this early (I'll be 18 weeks this week). Chalking it up to how active I've been at work with the stairs there, but holy wow it was intense until I was able to stretch both enough to release it.
  • Options
    I am 17 weeks today, I started having headaches about week 14 and they haven’t let up much. I talked to my doctor a week ago and she said drink more water, which I have been doing. I think it’s related to hormones. This week trouble sleeping, back pain and my left thigh has been going numb depending on sitting/sleeping position and sometimes starts to have a burning sensation. Doctor said the baby is sitting all the way in the back in line with my spine so I am wondering if that is where the back pain is coming from lol. Oh, and definitely the pregnancy brain, mostly forgetfulness and difficulty concentrating at work. 
  • Options
    @babylove12345678 I have had almost daily headaches week 13-17. The best advice I can give you is to drink caffeine. I have a cup of coffee in the morning and it’s really helped. If it creeps in the afternoon, I have a coke with 2 Tylenol. I initially felt guilty doing all these things typically not recommended but honestly I’m over the stigma. Doctor said it was fine so that’s what I’m going with and it’s made a big difference. Water is great and so are outdoor walks but that isn’t what ultimately solved my issue. 
  • Options
    I think @pangolindrome mentioned a while back just a feeling of being hyper aware of her uterus. I feel like I fully relate to this now! It's just there and I'm aware and it's sometimes distracting just noticing it haha. Also I'm very achey across the front of my stomach, kind of like I've been doing sit ups (definitely haven't been!). My hips are also on and off sore in the front too, kinda in a V shape of aches.

Other than that pretty good, not much fatigue anymore or morning sickness. I had sooo many headaches a few weeks ago but they're mostly gone now! 

FTM 18+1 ☺️
  • Options
    @mcclanna I don’t think anything you mentioned isn’t recommended. A cup of coffee and a coke should still be below 200 mg of caffeine (34 mg in 12 oz coke; 95 mg in cup of coffee), and Tylenol is basically the only painkiller we can take while pregnant. Definitely don’t feel at all guilty or stigmatized. 
  • Options
    Yeah that just sounds like a normal day for me. 🤣
  • Options
    18 weeks tomorrow and suddenly my skin has broken out in like 6 small-ish pimples and my legs are swollen. The legs may have happened gradually but I just noticed today. 
  • Options
    I've gotten quite a few chest pimples recently. I'm 18+1. Also have eczema breakouts on my hands and overall dry skin. Where's this pregnancy glow??? Lol
  • Options
    Cannot recommend CeraVe moisturizing cream enough. My skin is bone dry. I also use the hydrating wash. 
  • Options
    siouxieq87siouxieq87 member
    edited May 2022
    @moogieks and @krysnicole1022 I have the worst dry skin too! Mostly on my face. When I was younger I had very acne prone skin, and during pregnancy my skin would suddenly be perfect, I loved it. Now that I’m 35 the hormones just seem to make it bone dry, which makes me look wrinkly and old:( Like literally I can slather my face with aquaphor before bed and in the morning it will be dry and flaky. I’m hoping the warmer weather will help but real spring temps are taking their sweet time to arrive here in CT, at least consistently.

edit: I use the cerave wash too… I got the target brand version of the moisturizing cream but wasn’t impressed, it could just be me though:(
  • Options
    I cannot do generic of any skin stuff. It never quite works right. My face is both super oily in some places and crazy dry in others. It sucks big time. I used to use the SA moisturizer but now I can't obviously. I use a super thick CeraVe nighttime cream that has helped with my dry spots. I essentially own the entire CeraVe line between my skin and my daughter and husband's eczema. 
    Aquaphor has never done anything for my kids. It managed to make my daughter's eczema flare up worse every time we tried it. I'm not sure why because it's essentially the same thing as the CeraVe ointment. We are frequent flyers at the dermatologist because of my pale mole covered skin and my daughter's eczema. 
  • Options
    My scalp is so so so dry and itchy.  This usually happens when my allergies are bad (like now) but it's so much worse while pregnant.
  • Options
    I definitely have the Cera Ve moisturizing cream on deck. Using on my tummy too to minimize stretch marks. 
  • Options
    @stephers_ I’m impressed you remember because I definitely did! It has only happened once or twice since (19+4 today) but it is a weird feeling. Still no kicks or pokes, but every now and then I’m just so aware of my uterus.
    Can also relate to the sore abs. I think it’s from expanding. They weren’t expecting it!
  • Options
    Anyone else still feel like they're in first trimester? 15+1 and I still am exhausted all the time and vomiting at least once a day.
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018

• Options
    @shortstack930 yes! I'm 17w6days and haven't gone more than 5 days without vomiting, still need to take naps and cancel plans.
  • Options
    @silverholly8 it's so weird because I'm pretty sure I was feeling better by now with my other 2 kids!
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:

• Options
    18 weeks now and feeling suddenly large :D. I've totally popped over the last few weeks and can't believe there's 22 weeks of growth to go. Lawd help us. My hips feel really sore a lot and I'm just physically tired. The lightning crotch has begun. The pregnancy brain is also extremely annoying. I'm the one in the family that has to keep track of everything, and the one in the extended family that everyone goes to, and, I don't know. I just can't be bothered rn.

I'll still 100% take it over the first trimester, though.
  • Options
    @shortstack930 I was absolutely feeling better with my previous three but this time I have more food aversions and I'm way more tired than I was at this point (16+6) and it's some BS. 
  • Options
    My sleep has gotten less reliable. I’ll be 20w tomorrow and as of the last week or so, I’ll wake up at 4 and my brain will be going. It’s really frustrating because I am so dang tired because of it
  • Options
    18+5, I get REALLY sore on my ribs, like near where they split off from the center. Just below my breast. More-so my left side but it definitely is from sleeping on my side which I've done forever. I had to keep turning over last night it would wake me up it hurt so bad. Is this about the time where I introduce myself to the pregnancy body pillow?? 
    Man I just REALLY look pregnant now too. Really popped!
    On a happier note I'm starting to feel my little one do happy dances (mostly from food). 
  • Options
    I'm 17w4d and my breasts are SO sore like in the first trimester.  I also literally feel my belly expanding!  This week feels like so much growth.
  • Options
    @pangolindrome ugh my sleep has been all over the place too! I sleep in like three hour spurts and wake up in the middle of the night wide awake. I’m over it. 
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history: