September 2022 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Bottles and Bottle Accessories

2»

Re: Product Spotlight: Bottles and Bottle Accessories

• Options
    @pangolindrome Handwashing is perfectly fine, and the route we go. As long as your baby is medically healthy, you should be fine after that initial sterilization.
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @pangolindrome yeah! Like I said I’d hand wash at the end of the day after I realized boiling isn’t necessary every time. I just wish I realized it sooner and didn’t listen to my MIL so much haha. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not bottle-related, but sanitization-related: when I was a kid there was a lice outbreak at school and I got sent home with instructions about getting the right kind of shampoo and disinfecting all the brushes, combs, clips, etc. in the house. He didn't want to go to the store for their recommended disinfectants, so he just threw everything in a big pot of boiling water...then he lost track of time and a plastic comb melted in the boiling water. The whole kitchen smelled awful for days, and the melted plastic fused everything else together. :D I can easily imagine myself doing this while trying to sanitize baby stuff, so we will definitely be resorting to other solutions for keeping things clean!
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• Options
    @pangolindrome we handwashed the bottles or used the dishwasher. Rinsing it hot water (ours also will scald you if you turn on hot) or runnin46.g through the dishwasher was sanitization enough for me. For first time use of bottles and pacifiers, I ran them through the dishwasher. The health department said it is a suitable sanitation method for daycares so works for me. I'm also that parent who reads the safety stuff and finds out why the safety measures were put in place and then decided if I want to follow it. A lot of the safety measures are from the US where people are sue happy. Babies in Norway sleep under small duvets from day 1. They gave us one in the hospital and they use them in the NICU. I also let my 2 month old sleep outside in a stroller and people here leave their sleeping babies outside the door while they go into a cafe. The day that would happen in the US 😂 there was actually a Norwegian couple that almost got arrested for doing that in New York. They had no idea it wasn't normal. 
  • Options
    I used the spectra pump and Philips Avent Bottles, great combo easy to use. Threw them in the dishwasher every night.