January 2023 Moms

**TW** Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Miscarriage Support Thread

This thread is for support and questions around spotting/bleeding. 🖤

Conversations surrounding these issues can be discussed here freely. The TW in the title applies for the whole thread. Please beware of reading ahead if you think you might be triggered by conversations about spotting/bleeding. 

Finally, remember that most of us are not medical professionals, and even if we were, it's always best to call/visit your doctor with questions or concerns. Feel free to ask questions and voice concerns, but please do not expect anyone here to be able to offer you anything but support. The most important thing to do is to call your doctor. They can offer answers; we can offer support. 🖤

Copied from October 2022 BMB.

Re: **TW** Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Miscarriage Support Thread

• So, woke up 2 nights ago to pee again (literally 4-5 times a night right now), and saw some very light pink spotting. My AL brain is of course freaking out, but it stopped after that one time. Today I’ve been spotting in and off, again very light pink. I know everything is fine, but good lord. 🙄 I hate having gone through a loss sometimes. This is a mind trick I swear. 
  • @ejoseph16 I'm so sorry for the mind tricks. :( spotting is so common in early PG but it's impossible to get your brain to be sensible about it!
  • Loading the player...
  • @jennifer_louise yes it is! It makes me crazy! 
  • @ejoseph16 ughh I’m sorry you have to deal with that. I know it’s common but I also know if it starts happening, especially after a loss, it’s definitely a mind f***. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• @ejoseph16 I'm so sorry you're going through this! Pregnancy after a loss is so scary! Every little thing makes us freak out. When I was pregnant with my youngest son, I bled from about 7 weeks to 20 weeks, and he is a very healthy 7 year old now (the same size as my 9 year old son, even 🤣). Sending love through this nerve racking time and wishing you and your sweet baby the best! ❤️
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Update: at the lab to do hcg blood draw. Today and then again Monday. Still going between spotting and bleeding, but not even a drop on my underwear, so that’s good I guess? 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Sad update: pretty sure I’m out. Woke up full blown bleeding in the middle of the night. I wish you all well! 
  • I been spotting off and on since may 8. I hate it so much I just want to cry sometimes. I had 3 miscarriages. I got my hcg levels checked on Thursday they were 1309 I also got them checked on Friday they went up to 1480. I have irregular periods I'm not sure how many weeks am I. I have a ultrasound scheduled for next Monday. 😔
  • Noo @ejoseph16 I'm so sorry my friend. Sending you and your family some big hugs 💕💕
  • I'm sorry @daisylue15, I hope the US goes well.
  • @ejoseph16 Oh no I'm so sorry!  Sending you a big hug right now.

@daisylue15 I hope your ultrasound goes well :heart:
  • I’ve had brown spotting/discharge since Thursday and twice have wiped and found bright red blood. I’m 6w3d and have really bad anxiety. I’m also a birth doula so I know this is common in the 1st trimester, and my dr has also reassured me but it’s so hard not to panic!! I’m so worried my overly anxious mind is going to have me panicking all pregnancy long.
  • @ejoseph16 I am so sad to see this.  Sending you a virtual hug and keeping my FX for your rainbow baby. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• blissbindopeblissbindope Just Joined
    I started heavy bleeding during normal intercourse. I'm 16 weeks pregnant. I'm 39 so I am high risk and I have had 3 miscarriages in 2 years. I'm so scared. The red bleeding subsided and now a day later I'm spotting dark brown blood. I did go to the er they said the baby seemed fine but that my placenta is close to the cervix. I looked it up and seen something about placenta previa. My doctors appointment isn't until Tuesday and I'm scared. I don't have any cramping but I feel like my baby is sitting lower now. Please help me.
  • I’m 4w+4 today and was having some moderate cramping all last week, a lot on the left side which was kind of concerning but I’ve also had a cyst removed on that side about a year ago. Last couple days I’ve felt great. I’ve been testing almost daily and my lines were getting darker so I was very excited this morning, but then when I went to wipe I noticed some light pink/brown spotting. I’m trying so hard not to freak out about it!! I have an appointment this Thursday but if it gets worse I might try to get in sooner. This is my first pregnancy so I’m not sure what’s normal and when to start really worrying..
  • sophieb99, the light pink bleeding specially followed by brown is completely normal. Your entire vaginally area is engorging with extra blood and the brown means it's old so it's just left overs from your spotting before. Definitely talk to your doctor at your visit and they can show you what is worrisome and what's not.

• sophieb99sophieb99 member
    edited May 2022
    @mrsngomessingaround  Thank you!! That is so reassuring! Everything I’ve been reading says it’s normal, but of course it’s hard not to think the worst. I’ll see what my doctor says on Thursday 🤞
  • Hi all, we're out. We got the blighted ovum dx this afternoon. No heart or fetal material in the yolk sac. 
  • @leftleft I'm so sorry for your loss :( 
  • @leftleft I'm so sorry for your loss :heart:
  • L1C4galL1C4gal member
    @leftleft I'm so very sorry to hear this. Sending hugs your way <3
  • @leftleft I am so sorry ❤️
  • Miscarriage confirmed today. The spotting turned into heavier bleeding yesterday and I passed a lot of clots this morning. Thanks everyone, and best of luck to you all! 
  • @sophieb99 I am so sorry 
  • etnyahetnyah member
    Welp, I’m spotting again. Very little and beige, but it’s there. It wouldn’t have worried me as much, except I’m compulsively peeing on sticks since it’s early days (3+6) and the lines are very faint and darkening extremely slowly.

Historically, spotting doesn’t mean much for me. I had a CP before my son, I spotted with both the successful and unsuccessful pregnancy. With my son I spotted from the day after my positive test and on and off through the entire first tri, sometimes it was l full-on bleeding.

I guess I’m just one of those people who spot in every pregnancy! Sucks, but what can you do. Hoping to see some line progression and I’m calling my OB to request betas. Ugh, I hate uncertainty.
  • @etnyah my line progression was verrrryyyyy slow until after 4 weeks.  I even thought it was getting lighter at one point during week 3.  Now at 5w2d its BLAZING. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• etnyahetnyah member
    @ReadyForaB that’s really reassuring, thank you! My symptoms are slightly worse today which is a good sign. 

I’m also googling both wondfo and frer progression and comparing pics like a madwoman, ha. So far it looks like it could go either way, which well, yeah I figured. It’s just a waiting game at this point. I mean, some people get blazing lines right away and then it’s still a CP, so there’s nothing I can do but wait! 
  • etnyahetnyah member
    Okay well, I just POAS again and the line is way darker than yesterday same time. Spotting is still there but barely, it doesn’t make me very nervous. Breathing a little easier now!
  • Hi, I just found out a few days ago I’m pregnant. I believe I’m about 5 weeks. First time. I spotted a little bit yesterday morning and this morning. It’s a small amount of red blood, not enough to go through my panties, but of course, I’m still a little concerned.

I read that around 1 in 4 women spot with normal pregnancies, but what I’m wondering is if I did/do miscarry, how long will it take a pregnancy test to show negative? My partner is out of town and I haven’t told him anything yet and don’t want to say anything until I know for sure one way or another.

Thanks in advance!
  • @_erin_ unfortunately, no one here can answer that question.  For me, it look weeks after a MMC for my pregnancy tests to come up negative. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• Thank you. I was just looking for a general range. I appreciate you.
  • etnyahetnyah member
    @__erin__ I’m sorry, spotting and bleeding does a number on your nerves! I’ve had two pregnancies before this one, one ended in a CP and the other was successful. I spotted bright red in both, so it really is impossible to tell from spotting alone wether or not it’s a loss.

if you’re still taking pregnancy tests and it is a loss, it could take days or weeks for a test to show totally negative, but if the line is trending lighter it’s likely a loss. I wouldn’t rely on home testing to make that call though, the only certain way is to contact your doctor for blood tests. They’ll measure your HCG levels two days apart, if they’re doubling, you’re fine. If they’re increasing slowly or decreasing, it’s a loss. 

My second pregnancy (the successful one) I convinced myself it was a loss because the bleeding was almost as heavy as my regular period, and it looked exactly like my CP bleed. Almost had some wine over the weekend to mourn my loss. I went to my OB for betas and to my surprise, they were doubling beautifully. If it’s a loss, this is also the fastest way of confirming it, so definitely do it! Being in limbo is the worst. 
  • __erin____erin__ member
    edited May 2022
    @etnyah Thank you so much! This information is very helpful. 🙏🙏🙏
  • etnyahetnyah member
    Pretty sure I’m out. Lines getting progressively lighter over two days, spotting is still there. Been doing both wondfo and frer and the wondfo is as light as my 10dpo one (I’m 15dpo today). I have beta appts scheduled for Wednesday and Friday which I’m 95% sure will confirm a CP at this point. 
  • @etnyah I’m so sorry to hear this. Sending you lots of love and prayers. ❤️
  • Hello, can I ask when you had your bleeding in 2nd pregnancy? I had bleeding 5 days before my period was supposed to start, initially I thought it was implantation bleeding but then it got heavier so I thought it was my period that came earlier. The day I was supposed to start y period I felt nauseous and took a test and it’s positive. I’m getting my blood taken for my levels. But this limbo stinks, trying to figure out if it’s actually possible I have a healthy pregnancy. 
  • Hi mamas,

I'm out, sadly. I wrote about having light spotting start in another post--it picked up the next day and turned into all the typical signs of MC, and last night it was confirmed at the ER that we'd lost it. Anyway, it was nice being pregnant for most of May and Mother's Day ... hopefully we can have another chance.

Thanks for all your support, and I'm wishing all of you healthy, happy, uneventful pregnancies.
  • I'm so sorry @missmuisq. I hope your rainbow baby is right around the corner. Sending hugs
  • @missmuisq I am so sorry. Hugs
  • @missmuisq oh I’m so sorry. Sending so much love your way.  <3