January 2023 Moms
Options

**TW** Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Miscarriage Support Thread

2»

Re: **TW** Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Miscarriage Support Thread

• Options
    @missmusiq I'm so sorry for your loss. :heart:
  • Options
    I’m not sure how far along I am but likely 6ish weeks. This morning I had a bit of pink spotting after a bowel movement (I know TMI) and it’s been clear since then and no cramping but definitely an increase in discharge. I had this with my son and everything turned out fine and I know it can be normal but it’s still making me anxious. Especially given that I took a whole month of birth control not knowing I was pregnant so im also slightly worried about that too but my fertility clinic and midwife said it should be fine anyway im just ranting because im anxious 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *lurking* 

@ReadyForaB oh girl I am so sorry you’re in limbo! Worst feeling ever… hoping everything is ok! 🙏🏻
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @ReadyForaB I’m so sorry this is such a hard position to be in! 7 weeks is still early and can be hard to detect a heartbeat! Fingers crossed baby is just really 8 days behind
  • Options
    @ReadyForaB I'm so sorry you're going through this!! Hoping you get good news next week, and that the week passes quickly!
  • Options
    @ReadyForaB I'm so sorry you are in limbo right now. Hoping and sending all the good thoughts to you. 
  • Options
    @ReadyForaB I am so sorry 😞 
  • Options
    @ReadyForaB Ugh, waiting is the worse. Hoping for good news next week at your next appointment!
  • Options
    Hi ladies this is my 2nd pregnancy- I don’t have spotting, but first US at 6 weeks showed baby measuring at 5w6d heartbeat at 70bpm. Follow up US at 7w5d shows baby only measuring at 6w0d heartbeat at 95bpm. They said since no growth and slow heartbeat I would likely miscarry. Not sure what I’m looking for- similar experiences, positive experiences, different Dr. advice. Anything- prayers. 
  • Options
    @samrenda are you going back for another ultrasound to confirm? My last missed miscarriage went very similar. Always behind, ultrasounds at 6,7 and 8 weeks. 105 hr, then 85 hr then it stopped. I was told when the hr was 85 that I would likely miscarry. I ended up having to take  misoprostol bc my body wouldn’t miscarry naturally. I’m currently in the middle of this again I think. Ultrasound this Tuesday after having one last week that didn’t look promising. It’s hard but definitely make sure they do another ultrasound in a week or so to confirm before taking any steps. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Options
    Yes I have another follow up on Thursday. Hopefully it’s good news, but I’m also prepared for the worst. Thank you for sharing your story. 
  • Options
    Well I go here now. Started spotting this morning. I have an US Thursday but hoping they can move it up. 
    I’ve had a history of SCH with my oldest but I’m freaking out. 
  • Options
    Good call on seeing if they can get you in sooner @footdrbritt. Hopefully it's nothing and I'm sorry you're dealing with this!!
  • Options
    Went for my follow up ultrasound today. Very little growth, still no heartbeat. My doctor wants me to go for yet another one in a week just to be 100% sure. He said he’s at 90% certainty it’s another missed miscarriage right now.  This limbo period is the worst. And I leave for a cruise in two weeks. Ugh! 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Options
    @ReadyForaB I am so sorry, the limbo is the worst
  • Options
    @ReadyForaB I am so sorry. Such a hard thing to go through!
  • Options
    @ReadyForaB ugh that's so unfair. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Sending many hugs 💕
  • Options
    @ReadyForaB I'm so sorry you are in this limbo.  Sending you a big hug. :heart:
  • Options
    Hi! I’m 9 weeks 1 day today and I had a tiny bit of light brown discharge when I wiped this afternoon that I assume is old blood. I’m nervous that this is a sign something is wrong or that it’s the start of a miscarriage. I had intercourse Sunday night but it’s already Wednesday so I doubt it could be from that. I’m so scared to lose this baby. 🙁
  • Options
    @ReadyForaB So sorry you’re going through this. Sending you a big hug.

@nuggetsmomma21 Hang in there! Try not to worry too much. I believe brown discharge is common in the early pregnancy, if I’m not mistaken. I’ve been having it on and off; it seems to come and go. As long as you’re not in serious pain or having a heavy bleed, it should be ok but if you’re worried, maybe just check in with your doctor.
  • Options
    @nuggetsmomma21 try not to worry too much! Brown spotting is old blood. I spotted brown blood every few weeks my 2nd baby, and he came out super healthy at 37 weeks (SROM).
  • Options
    I'm 9 weeks tomorrow. I woke up in the middle of the night with bright red bleeding, no cramps, put on a pad and went to bed. Woke up and my pad was dry, but as I started moving around/ getting up, I felt a gush and had a moderate amount of bright red blood. No clots, no cramps. I called and got in for an ultrasound at 11:15. Baby measuring on track, and heartbeat was 184. Cervix was good. They told me today that LAST ultrasound (1 week ago) showed a small SCH. That would have been handy info to have 🤦🏼‍♀️ so for now, all is good and they're not concerned. But damn what a scary 8 hours. I'm currently watching trash TV with my feet up and blew off working for the rest of the day. 
  • Options
    Had a little bit of a scare this morning. I am currently 8w1d and for the past week or so, I have been spotting dark brown discharge. Didn’t really think much of it since I read that it is common in early pregnancy. This morning, I saw a small clot the size of a penny with some pinkish brown tinge when I wiped. I freaked out and called the on-call doctor who didn’t really think it sounded like it was urgent enough to be seen right away but she advised to keep an eye out on it for the rest of the weekend and she would put in a request for me to get an ultrasound and be seen on Monday/Tuesday to get checked out to make sure everything is okay. I am a nervous wreck until I can get confirmation everything is ok. Anyone have similar experience?
  • Options
    I've been having spotting off and on for 2 weeks. varies between pink and brown, rarely bright red.  last week has US where I expected to be 8w1d and baby measured at 6w2d.  HR of 89.  I know I have irregular cycles, but I had a positive urine test right at 4 weeks, so there's no way I could have been off by 2 weeks.  

The dr said not to worry yet, she didn't consider the HR concerning due to the fact it only started beating within the last few days.  but the measurement is scary too. 

I go back tomorrow for a followup and I just feel like I've been a bag of blah all week.  trying to snap out of it, but the closer my appt gets the more worried I am. 
  • Options
    I lost my baby last Thursday night. I was 9 weeks 6 days, which was hard for me because I had felt if I reached 10 weeks and transitioned from embryo to fetus, I'd feel much safer. Lots of bleeding, two big orange sized clots. I had very wonderful care in the emergency room then in a follow up clinic the next morning. 
    I am so sorry for everyone's losses. So many hopes and dreams for these little ones! May we all heal in the right time.
  • Options
    Well ladies, my journey in this January BMB ends here, unfortunately. I had a small clot on Saturday morning, followed by light bleeding yesterday morning. Had the ultrasound today and saw the sac, but no baby so I miscarried at some point. I’m supposed to be 8w4d today but sac measured only 6w4d which meant that it stopped growing around the time I caught COVID. My guess is that the fever I had from COVID is what caused me to miscarry but will never know for sure. Just going to wait it out at this point, hoping it will all pass on its own. I wish everyone else all healthy pregnancies.

@thatkattatat So sorry for your loss. We are in this together.
  • Options
    @thatkattatat @itsmejay I'm so sorry for both of your losses. Sending hugs and healing.
  • Options
    @itsmejay @thatkattatat I’m so sorry, sending love and support. 
  • Options
    @thatkattatat and @itsmejay I'm so sorry for both of your losses.  Sending a lot of love your way.
  • Options
    @thatkattatat @itsmejay

i am so sorry for your losses. Sending all of the positive energy and love your way