September 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-in, Week of 5/1

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜:ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ:ย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย 

Baby's Name (if chosen):

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€:ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€:ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€:ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย How did you and your significant other meet?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.ย  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

ยซ1

Re: Weekly Check-in, Week of 5/1

• Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  9/9 21+2

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: endive

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: ttm

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย  green

Baby's Name (if chosen):

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: end of the month

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: wonderful the sun today is nice and warm and we've been at the playground for 3ish hours.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€:ย  the sun is amazing. My kids are playing nicely, my husband is almost home.ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: none

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย How did you and your significant other meet? He said we first met when he asked what bus would bring him back to his car when he saw me on campus one day. I don't remember this meeting at all, probably thought he was some old guy that was lost... I remember meeting him in class after breaking up with a guy 5 years older than me and in class I found out he was 12 years older than me and I needed a challenge ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  9/14 (20+4)

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Banana/size of a microphone

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM but it's complicated

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: blue

Baby's Name (if chosen):ย ย "C.J." but we're still working on what the C and the J stand for

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 5/12 for cervical check and 5/23 for 24 week visit and cervical check.

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Anatomy scan was super reassuring.ย  Little dude was bouncing all around, even though I'm still not feeling very much.ย  Since he was obviously kicking my bladder for most of the scan and I just register that as a "shit, why do I have to pee again" sensation, I'm going to try to readjust my thinking to recognizing that as baby movement. :)ย  Still don't have the official results from the anatomy scan and probably won't for a few more days but he appeared to have all the relevant body parts.ย  Still anxious that things will go wrong - I'm 10 days away from my "shit hit the fan" milestone from my daughter (IC was discovered at 22w, and emergency Caesaren after unstoppable labor at 22+3).ย  My cervix has shortened *a little* (at 3.7 cm), but it's still in the normal range.ย  We'll see what happens at the next two cervical checks (and they stop at 24 weeks).ย  Every little twinge and such makes me worry my cervix is dilating - I don't know that I'll ever get past that.ย  Once I get back from my beach trip (at which point I'll be 26.5 weeks), I'll look at starting to order things for the baby, get a second car, and do the other prep stuff.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rant:ย  Boy person is still largely being stupid with names.ย  Rave:ย  Boy person has come up with a few more reasonable names that he likes that I can live with, so we're getting closer.ย  Also, work is going well.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: None right now.

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย How did you and your significant other meet?ย ย Complicated since boy person and I aren't entirely in a relationship.ย  We met on OKCupid as a hook-up about three and a half years ago.ย  Decided we both weren't getting any younger, both wanted at least one kid, and liked each others' genetics, so he eventually moved in with me and we've been trying to make that happen ever since.ย  Mostly platonic.ย  He drives me insane most of the time.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kboydbowman you're doing better than me. My cervix has decreased to 3.3. I've wondered why they stop at 24 weeks... we certainly aren't out of the woods at 24 weeks.ย 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @ashley35209 it's more or less the "at least 50% chance of survival" point (more like 65-70, depending on which stats you use).
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @kboydbowman that still seems like such crap. I would rather them keep an eye on it until 32 weeks or so. I'll just put myself on pelvic rest if I have to. I'm not about that NICU life again.ย 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @ashley35209
    I probably won't have sex again until after the birth, for the same reason.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย September 27th / 18w 5d.
    ๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Artichoke.
    ๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM.
    ๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding out on the 13th.
    Baby's Name (if chosen): Not yet.
    ๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Anatomy scan on the 13th.
    ๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Pretty good. Bending over forward is becoming a little uncomfortable and Iโ€™m not too excited for how much worse itโ€™ll get considering Iโ€™m barely showing ๐Ÿ˜… I ย think my boobs grew again. I picked up new sports bras at Costco today and Iโ€™m hoping they fit.ย 
    ๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rave: Glad we went to Costco right at opening. It was a MADHOUSE. Also glad we managed to use one of the reward checks. Finally, glad we went to Target because I got two maternity camisoles - my camisoles are falling apart, so why not? ALSO my MIL told me she got me two pairs of tights from Kohlโ€™s and some t-shirts from Macyโ€™s, so I feel much better about that whole thing.
    ๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย How did you and your significant other meet?ย Once upon a time, 16 years ago, we were on the same internet forum. Kind of. He was banned for not conforming to the modsโ€™ b.s. attitudes, but his posts were still up and so was his Yahoo Messenger nickname. I liked the way he expressed himself and decided to contact him. Then, after talking for 5.5 years online, I visited him for the first time in Oregon, and along that way we went. Weโ€™ve been married for 7.5 years, and it hasnโ€™t been an easy journey, but he is my best friend and we have become such an amazing team.
  • Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย Sept 4- 22 weeks even as of today

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Coconut ๐Ÿฅฅ ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Baby Boy ๐Ÿ’™

Baby's Name (if chosen):ย TBD

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Mid May for 24 week check up

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Large. Iโ€™ve gotten bigger in nearly every place and am panicking my feet with keep growing. In already a size 11 which makes it hard enough to find shoes so I hope I stay under a size 12. I think Iโ€™m pushing 11.5 right now.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rave- we got to tour our dream wedding venue this weekend. Rant- we have to figure out how to pay for our dream wedding.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: When/how do they tell you about your cervix? Is that standard for everyone or only if you are high risk?ย 

We met on Tinder ๐Ÿ”ฅโžก๏ธ Swiped right on the right person and weโ€™ve been together ever since. Itโ€™ll be 4 years since our first date this September.ย 
  • Options
    @lucyg00cy
    Ashley and I are both considered at particularly high risk for cervical insuficiency due to previous super premature births that were likely due to premature cervical shortening/dilating.ย  That's why we are monitored regularly.ย  Generally this is not something you're monitored for if you don't have a hx of these kinds of problems.ย  Once you get very close to delivery (36 weeks or later) they may start checking to see if you've started dilating/effacing at all, but otherwise this is not something most women have to worry about.

Current pregnancy -

• Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  Sept 25 / 19w0d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: mango

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: pink

Baby's Name (if chosen): Ivy!

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 5/4 anatomy scan

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Stressing the anatomy scan! For one thing, it's the anatomy scan and I would be stressing it regardless. For another, they'll use the anatomy scan results to decide whether we need to do a fetal echocardiogram. For a third, I'm showing obviously at this point and we really ought to send out some sort of generic pregnancy announcement to family/facebook/etc...which would make sense to do after the anatomy scan if all looks good. But I'm still really struggling with doubts/fears about all the ways this birth could go wrong. I'm not really feeling ready for our entire network to congratulate us and tell us how much fun we're going to have.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rave: we just had a really lovely afternoon with my husband's family, which was a lot of fun. (Slight) rant: my mother has decided she wants to be our nanny after this baby is born, and I'm a little worried about trying to navigate the situation. My stepdad has been dealing with some medical stuff and I hate the idea of her being at our house if something goes wrong for him, and I also (selfishly) don't want our childcare getting disrupted if/when he needs her. I'm also not sure how well it will work for her to play such an integral role, as she has very strong opinions about child development and I'm not sure how we'll handle it if/when she isn't in agreement with me and/or my husband about something.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: If anyone has advice about either situation I'm stressing (handling congratulations while still worrying, or mother-as-childcare), I'd be happy to hear it!

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย How did you and your significant other meet?ย We met online, but we realized at our first date that we a) worked for the same company and b) had several friends/acquaintances in common. We probably would have run into each other eventually, just by coincidence.
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย September 28, 18w4d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: artichokeย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: finding out after anatomy scanย 

Baby's Name (if chosen):ย still not really thinking about it, weโ€™ll worry once we find out the sex

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: May 11 for anatomy scanย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: not too bad honestly aside from a few headaches here and there. I did take out the maternity pants though for comfort and definitely canโ€™t lay on my back anymore.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: rant - today was day 4 of potty training the toddler and omg did it take every ounce of energy both me and my husband had. The first two days werenโ€™t too bad but the other two were a complete disaster. I pray that daycare can work their magic and help it click for him. This was the toughest 4 days Iโ€™ve had in a long long long time. Rave - last night I realized I was on day 8 of not washing my hair and it wasnโ€™t even oily? I can easily go 5 days between washes but 8 is a nice pregnancy bonus. I feel like I finally hit that spot where my hair is barely falling out and rarely greasy thanks to pregnancy hormones.ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: none right now - my brain and body are fried from the last 4 days ๐Ÿฅด

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย How did you and your significant other meet?ย We both went to the same university but studied in different faculties (me in business and him in science). I was doing a 4 month work term in the corporate world as part of my degree and my best friend was introduced to him by a couple of our high school friends so she started studying in the same area as him and those other friends and got to know him pretty well. After about a month she told him โ€œyou just wait until my best friend is back at school, you will love herโ€ and she told me a similar thing and sent me a sneaky picture of him. I was like ya ya heโ€™s cute I guess but you have the worst track record in setting me up with guys so I donโ€™t trust you (she really did suck at setting me up with guys!). Then a month or so later I came back to school and met him in the study area and since then weโ€™ve been inseparable. Started dating officially about a month later and weโ€™ve been together for over 8 years (6 years married).ย 
  • Options
    @lilienne I know a lot of people use grandparents as childcare and if it works for them, that's great. Personally, I would prefer to find other options and keep grandparents as grandparents. Use them for date night babysitting if they want more time with the kid. From what you've written, it sounds like it could very easily get messy. If there would be developmental concerns, I think I'd rather talkย to an unbiased professional about those matters. If your mom is passionate about child development as it is, I'm sure she'll share her wealth of knowledge with you anyways. Do you want to hear about it every day or just on the weekends? Another thing to think about, I used to work in a daycare and one thing I'd ask parents is, if the child did something new at daycare like taking steps, did they want to know or would they rather we say nothing and they get to see the first steps at home. Sometimes I would tell them "hey, child looks close to taking steps, maybe try to get them to this evening". I personally would have a harder time if my mom/MIL was getting to see the firsts than if it was a childcare provider.ย 
  • Options
    @kboydbowman that makes sense- thank you for explaining!
  • Options
    @lilienne I can completely understand your hesitation about wanting her to be the childcare provider. Iโ€™m sure sheโ€™d be loving and attentive, and I agree with @babywiik about keeping the boundaries around her just being grandma vs provider. Maybe you can try to see if you can set up a regular date night or regular time during the week where she can watch the baby so she still feels involved, but itโ€™s not full time? I know Iโ€™ll have a hard time dropping my boy off at daycare when my mat-leave is over, but I also am really excited to have that space to meet the other families in the area and have him start to be socialized. Those are things that wouldnโ€™t be available to the same extent if he did home-care with our parents.ย 
  • Options
    laj0217laj0217 member
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 9/5/22, 22 weeks even

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: coconut

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Blue

Baby's Name (if chosen):ย Ephraim โ€œRemyโ€ Lee

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: May 10 OB

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Mostly good. Between moving and state testing, though, my feet are killing me.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: I know this is silly: weโ€™re in the middle of moving houses and my husband complains at the end of the day that his back and feet hurt. Iโ€™m sure they do. Moving sucks, but really dude?

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: NATM

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย How did you and your significant other meet?ย We meet on hinge and both of us were pretty over the dating sites by then. I almost cancelled because he was my third first date in as many days and he wasnโ€™t really my type looks wise. He scheduled a coffee date on his lunch break so itโ€™d be easy to leave ๐Ÿ˜‚ the only reason I didnโ€™t cancel was bc it was so low key and my hair was already done from the dinner date the night before. We ended up hitting it off - he took off 2 hours from work and we sat there the rest of the afternoon. So glad I didnโ€™t cancel!
  • Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 9/24, 19+2

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: a game boy apparently ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding out May 16th!

Baby's Name (if chosen):

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: May 16th for the anatomy scan

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: good, hoping some sort of energy spike or nesting kicks in really soon bc my house is becoming a disaster and needs some serious organizingย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: my urine culture as expected came back positive again for a UTI. The midwives are now referring me to a urologist. Which is fine if I could have them answer the phone to make an appointment. So a voicemail has been left and hopefully that will be taken care of soon. At the very least itโ€™s buying me time where I donโ€™t have to be on antibiotics again for something that probably doesnโ€™t need it. And fingers crossed they recommend just leaving it alone like my primary basically said since itโ€™s asymptomatic but they donโ€™t want to listen. ๐Ÿ™„

Once upon a time while we were both still in high school, at a Dennys, thanks to high school best friends. Nothing terribly exciting. Iโ€™m not friends with my end anymore but fun story is his best friend who introduced us is in a long term relationship with my stepsister and they have 2 kids together. So long story short DH is now loosely related to his HS best friend. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Options
    newbabymama27newbabymama27 member
    edited May 2022
    @lilienne sorry I missed your question when I posted! I have a bit to weigh in on your childcare situation. Based on your specific situation, I would look for other childcare before settling on your mom as your nanny especially if sheโ€™s also caring for your stepdad. To me, that sound like unreliable childcare and although ok maybe you can take off a day here or there if needed, it can easily become stressful if it occurs every week or two where your mom canโ€™t care for your baby anymore. Itโ€™s also concerning that she has strong opinions about child development and sounds like she could overstep her boundaries in terms of how YOU would like to parent and work on milestones etc vs how she views them. That would be a big no-no for me.ย 

With all that being said, I did have my mom and mother in law watch our son from 1-2 years old because I couldnโ€™t find a daycare centre and didnโ€™t trust a home daycare. However, we were very very strict about them following our rules in regards to how he eats, sleeps, daily schedule, etc. but if they werenโ€™t on board with what we do, I would look for other childcare. Once he turned 2 this last December, he got a daycare spot but still goes to each grandma once a week because he loves them and they love him and honestly itโ€™s been great because heโ€™s such a ray of light during everything thatโ€™s gone on during the pandemic.ย 

Edit to add: the moms watch him at their houses, not ours. That would be too much especially we me working from home.ย 
  • Options
    lalarose22lalarose22 member
    edited May 2022
    @mk2022x omg that cake is perfection!! Soooo cute <3

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  September 2 | 22 weeks + 3 days

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: According to The Bump, today marks the exact halfway point between the first day of week 4 (positive pregnancy test) and my due date! :o

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink!

Baby's Name (if chosen):ย We think we have it picked out, but will wait to tell anyone until baby is born!

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Midwife visit next Friday 5/13

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Overall great! We ate out a couple times this weekend and I'm regretting all the not so healthy food choices. Still waiting for that warmer weather so I can be more active outdoors!ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Found a free car seat on Marketplace this weekend that I traded in at Target for the 20% off coupons! Going to use one on a car seat for a shower gift for my sister and the other on the Baby Bjorn bouncer that I've been wanting for baby girl!

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: None

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย How did you and your significant other meet?ย Counselors at a summer camp when I was 18! <3

• Options
    @lilienne I second what @babywiik said. If you can afford it I would look into getting outside care. I know I personally would not be able to have someone watch my kids long term that I know. I personally don't like people in my space and I feel my mother or MIL would decide that they were staying later and we couldn't just have family time after work and they would be in my space.ย  Also regarding announcing you don't have to make a facebook announcement or make any announcement. No one knew other than people we saw or family knew we had our second until after she was born. Obviously you can't hide a pregnancy in person when you're getting larger, but you don't need to announce to anyone you don't want to.ย 

@newbabymama27 all the support to you in potty training. I gave up with our almost 2 year old even though she was so close in November. I found daycare was not helpful in potty training and I just need time this summer when she's home with us to finish training her.ย 

@kboydbowman
    I can't believe they stop tracking your cervix once a fetus is viable. I would think they would want to get you to at least 30 weeks. What would it hurt to continue to track?ย 
  • Options
    @dsmith211
    We are indeed in the same boat - my culture just came back again, positive for the same damn one it's been through the last 3 antibiotics.ย  However, my OB already agreed that if it came back positive this time, we're just going to leave it alone as long as it's asymptomatic.ย  So yay!ย  Although hypothetically this time it's susceptible to Keflex, which I actually keep on hand, so maybe in a couple weeks I'll take a course of Keflex just to be on the safe side.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย Sep 1 / 22+4

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: a coconut or an American guinea pig!ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: ftm

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: pink

Baby's Name (if chosen): settled and secret till birthย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: three weeks till next midwife then glucose screen after thatย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: great! Last week has been fairly easy!ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: rave for this group - itโ€™s so great to follow along with everyoneโ€™s journeys and learn about things from the people that had babies before!ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: there is a 3-day work trip I can take in late June - Iโ€™ll be just about 30 weeks pregnant. Itโ€™s a short flight (1.5 hours) in Canada so no need to immigration lines and I can take just carry-on so I feel like the airport part would be quick. Due to not knowing what I will feel like in 7 weeks I was unsure if I should go and also there are covid risks (at event especially with no mask requirements and group dinners for 3 days). Airlines would let me and my midwife didnโ€™t have any concerns as it was early enough and within Canada (so still have regular healthcare access if needed). ย Has anyone here travelled on a plane trip at 30 weeks - would you recommend it? I am leaning to no due to the unknowns but would like to get some feedback from others! Itโ€™s a nice resort / retreat and chance to meet my teammates as I was hired remotely and next chance wouldnโ€™t be till next summer due to my parental leave. Itโ€™s all internal staff doing team building stuff so would be fun (and not like dealing with customers!). Any thoughts are appreciated!

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย How did you and your significant other meet?ย 
    I met him when we were interviewing him for a job at my old company! I was in the interview panel and it was a casual interview - we took him out to lunch. I remember thinking to myself that I was going to be in trouble if he took the the job as I found him so cute, haha. It was 5 months till he started due to the research position timelines, and then we slowly got to know each other over the next 7 months and started doing things as friends outside work. We went on our first date about 1 year after that first meeting and havenโ€™t looked back! We moved in together 6 months later and now we are expecting our daughter about 3 years after we started dating :)ย 

• Options
    @mk2022x That cake is so cute. Great job! And that view of the mountains behind you is beautiful.

@lilienne I agree with what others are saying regarding having your mom as a nanny. Regarding sharing the news widely, there's no need to do so until you're absolutely ready, particularly via social media. My sister didn't share a thing on FB about her pregnancy/her son until he was 6 months old. I find that kind of refreshing actually!

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  9/22, 19+4

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Mango, baby's foot is the size of a soda can tab

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: ๐Ÿ’™

Baby's Name (if chosen): Working on it

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: May 27th for 24 week OB appt

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Super achy these days, esp in the lower back. Increased round ligament/growing pains. Still getting occasional bloody noses. Waves of dizziness every now and then. Sleep kinda sucks. And yet, despite all this, I have been in a much better mood since the anatomy scan!

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: When we first moved into our house a few years ago, the grass in the front yard was brown/patchy with lots of crabgrass. My husband has put a lot of work into putting down crabgrass preventer and reseeding it, and now the front yard is a luscious green!

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย How did you and your significant other meet?ย We met on OKCupid. We were in our mid-20's, both living in the Boston area at the time. We discovered on our first date that not only did we both go to UConn, but we actually had a class together (when I was a freshman and he was a sophomore)!ย 
  • Options
    @millygolitely
    I personally would go, but I would have my second booster by then so I wouldn't be as worried about covid. It sounds like a nice relaxing time with good food and a great chance to meet team mates. At a nice resort you might even be able to schedule yourself some me time and get a message which would feel nice around then. At 30 weeks I felt find and would be up for plenty. 1.5 hours isn't all that long as I will be driving that far for Drs appointments any how.ย 
  • Options
    mk2022xmk2022x member
    @millygolitely Iโ€™m also going on a work trip in late June and plan to wear a mask the entire time Iโ€™m at the conference and take increased precautions. Cases have tended to trend down during summer months in the US (especially in warmer places where people gather outdoors rather than indoors) but Iโ€™m still going to take all precautionary measures, including wearing a mask on my flight (assuming that doesnโ€™t get put back into place before then). Iโ€™m a FTM so I have no prior knowledge of flying at 29w, but Iโ€™m booking an aisle seat so I can stand often and use the bathroom if needed as my flight is about 2.5 hours.
  • Options
    @jhysmath and @mk2022x - thank you! This is helpful!ย 
  • Options
    mamamoomoo12mamamoomoo12 member
    edited May 2022
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  September 13 20w+6d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: the size of a box of dryer sheets

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Blue

Baby's Name (if chosen): Wyoming (Wyo)

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Ultrasound redo on Wednesday since he was so wiggly. Next in person appointment June 1

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Mentally and energy wise pretty good. Lots of achy growing pains and round ligament pains. I have had the worst time sleeping for the last several nights and getting braxton hicks if I exert myself too much- at least that is what I am assuming they are. I can only stand short walks. I cannot find anything to eat that sounds good.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Had a busy weekend which was nice for a change but I wish I took a little more time to rest because this week is crazy busy at work. I work in the development and fundraising department of a school and our largest fundraising event is this weekend. I don't think I stored up enough energy for it.ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: none right now

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย How did you and your significant other meet? We went to rival high schools and first met at a basketball game when we were 14. He was quiet and I became friends with the kid who was sitting with him. We had several mutual friends in high school but never hung out ourselves. When we were freshman in college (8 years ago) he randomly decided to message me on snapchat and we have talked everyday since. I would come home every weekend to spend time with him and moved in with him during the summers and when I finished school. We just got married last August. We are both from big local Catholic families and there are some mutual connections in our family histories. Everyone gets along and we celebrate holidays with both sides. It seems everyone in Seattle is a transplant so it is really fun that both of our families have lived in the area for generations. He is trulyย my best friend!ย 
  • Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  September 16 / 20w 2d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Endive

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: TTM

Baby's Name (if chosen): TBD

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Ultrasound, OB and chiropractor (YAY!) all on May the 4th [be with you]

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Pretty darn good! I'm looking forward to some sciatic nerve help from my chiropractor this week. We started talking about making baby gear purchases in the next few weeks to start tackling our 'must haves' list and put together some ideas for the teenager's room renovation into a shared space for both the older boys.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: NATM

I transferred as a 3rd year to a new college and roomed with a couple of girlfriends from my HS. His best friends lived next door to us and I met him the week I moved. I had instant attraction to him, but just wanted to make friends the first few weeks I lived in a new town. We spent a lot of time together with friends and always ended up chatting in a group setting. About 2 months after meeting, we ended up kissing at a backyard campfire/BBQ/party and started dating. About a year and a half into our relationship we had a happy surprise on the way, and the rest is history. We've been married for 14 years this fall and together for 18.ย 
  • Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 9/6, 21 wks 6 days

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Almost a coconut

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: May 16th

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Heavier, back to being more tired again, more like Iโ€™m really pregnant. Today sheโ€™s been moving more during the day, pretty much whenever Iโ€™m sitting down!

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rant: Itโ€™s literally been raining nonstop since dawn and I really hope we donโ€™t get flooding. But I also know we need the rain since itโ€™s been so dry this year. Rave: Itโ€™s the last week of the semester before finals and Iโ€™m pretty proud of what my students have accomplished (well, most of them, but thereโ€™s still time for those few to catch up!).

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: Starting to look at childcare for next spring. Has anyone used Care.com? None of the day cares do part time around here, so we are looking at having someone come inย for a few times every week, for times when weโ€™re either both on campus or when one of us is home and we just need to get some work done. What questions should we be asking / what should we be looking for that we might not have thought of? Baby will be around 4-5 months when weโ€™ll start needing someone.

GTKY: How did you and your significant other meet? At a coffee shop by the campus where we were both PhD students - later we found out we knew a lot of the same people! I noticed he had a stack of university library books on his table and I caught him glancing in my direction, but at that point Iโ€™d just gotten out of a dead-end relationship and had pretty much given up on dating for the rest of the time I was in school there since Iโ€™d covered the small dating apps pool and all my friend groups. My sister actually called when I was sitting there and I was telling her Iโ€™d given up on dating for the time being as well (and he told me months later that he actually heard the whole thing which gave him the courage to approach me!). So we both started packing up when the shop was about to close and he starts asking me about the book Iโ€™m reading, tells me he was an English major in undergrad, and then asks super-awkwardly if I โ€œhad a phone number or somethingโ€ because โ€œit would be good to talk about books with someone.โ€ He looked so nervous it was kind of adorable! We met for a glass of wine the following week and ended up talking for almost 3 hours - Iโ€™d never felt that comfortable on a first date before.ย 
  • Options

@bigworldlittleg Iโ€™m also a UConn alum! Did my MA in English there, 2004-2006. Iโ€™m from CT originally but from Milford / New Haven area so I havenโ€™t really been back up to Storrs since.
  • Options

I should have added, I only work part time and I'll be able to do a lot of the childcare myself. I'm thinking we might tell my mother we want her help once a week, so that she can be involved without being the only non-parental voice in the mix. I think we might try to find a nannyshare or something like that for the other days.

@jhysmath and @bigworldlittleleg I know you're right that we don't NEED to do a facebook post or anything...but for all that I'm worried about the worst case scenarios, it does feel weird to keep it so quiet. For one thing, part of me likes the idea of having everyone be excited for us - even if I'm afraid of disappointment later on. For another, it would be helpful to be able to ask questions of my network - does anyone know a nanny, does anyone have nursery furniture sitting around, etc. My husband also thinks (and he's probably right) that it isn't doing me any favors, sitting quietly and worrying on my own. If we let our network know that I'm pregnant, it will give us new people to celebrate with and people to spend time with.

@millygolitely ust my own opinion here, but I won't be taking a plane or a train until I'm not pregnant, or until mask mandates come back. There's just too much evidence for severe, scary breakthrough cases in pregnant women, even with vaccines and boosters. We're taking some chances (visits with family and friends, the occasional restaurant dinner, etc.) but we're trying to stick to road trip travel just to limit exposure.
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• Options
    @kboydbowman I wish mine would just say we can leave it alone. I canโ€™t get an appointment with the urologist they want me to see bc my insurance wonโ€™t approve it since my PCP didnโ€™t sign off. And apparently when my insurance changed my PCP changed and the earliest appointment I can get is 6 months out even just to get a referral. Which would essentially be useless.ย 

Currently trying to change my doctor to one at the family practice my son goes to in hopes I can just get this to go away. But the fun doesnโ€™t stopโ€ฆ a new PCP wonโ€™t take effect until the first of the monthโ€ฆ next month even though itโ€™s the 2nd of May. So I canโ€™t schedule an appointment for sooner than June 1st or it wonโ€™t be covered. I hate insurance. ๐Ÿ™„
  • Options
    @lilienne
    I agree with your husband, but you already know that. :)
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @lilienne - yeah I think the covid risks are now the biggest thing in the way of that trip. Luckily in Canada there are still mask mandates on planes (as of right now) but yeah itโ€™s still a worry that could change and I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ll be able to get my second booster by then. ย I had a friend get covid on month 6 of her pregnancy and she had an awful time so I really want to avoid getting it while pregnant. Still thinking on it but this was helpful feedback too :)ย 
  • Options
    @runsonanxiety I was a nanny on care when I was in college age the year after. I found some great families to work with then. I looked into when we moved after my second was born and the cost of having a nanny was going to be cheaper than having to pay a center year round.ย 

If you're on a college campus, we had a posting board where I found a family to sit for. I had their kid for a semester both parents were professors and I would walk to their house in campus and then deliver baby to her office hours when I headed to class. It was a great system. Another family I worked with had triplets and I could only work one of the days they needed so they had a list of students who could do each day.ย 
  • Options
    @runsonoatmeal Yay, so cool! I was there 2008-2012! I grew up in Storrs, so UConn was the obvious choice. I loved it!

@lilienne It's definitely tricky with Facebook - the balance of maintaining your privacy, while also being real about your life. Ultimately, the when, how, and who is up to you and whatever you're most comfortable with! Sounds like you're weighing the pros and cons, and discussing with your husband, so no doubt you'll figure out what the best approach is.
  • Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  September 17 / 20 + 2

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: long as a popsicle

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: team pink

Baby's Name (if chosen):

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Thursday 5/5 for anatomy scan and Friday 5/6 for 20 week appointment.

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Physically? Fine other than my back is killing me at the end of the day. Mentally... struggling a little bit. I'm a ball of nerves for the anatomy scan on Thursday. I just have this irrational thought that something is going to be wrong and I just can't shake it.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rant.... just a lot of changes going on. My husband is interviewing for a new job and everything about it makes me nervous. His current employer pays for all of our benefits and has worked there for 7 years, but he hasn't been happy recently. If he leaves he also won't be eligible for any bonding time with the baby after she's born. I'm trying to be a supportive partner, but it makes me really nervous.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: 90% of her movements are only felt really low. Is anyone else only feeling the baby really low?

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย How did you and your significant other meet? well.... when I was 15 I dated one of his friends and met him during their baseball practice. His friend and I broke up, but I remained friendly with him and his friend group, so I'd see my now husband often at parties, but we didn't really talk back then. Fast forward to the weekend of my 21st birthday we re-met at a country bar and talked all night. We have been together really ever since. The performer that night was Chris Young and 3 years later he proposed at a Chris Young concert. :)
  • Options
    @__heatherc I'm dealing with my husband changing jobs and benefits as well as me no longer working for the year and I'm really stressed out. I mean the move is perfect, just not this year, it doesn't work out with a baby due before the next school year.ย 
  • Options
    @jhysmath If youโ€™re okay with online work, Tutor.com pays pretty decently and they always need math tutors. Itโ€™s hourly and whenever you want to and are able to do it. I can give you some info. Itโ€™s a great supplemental income.
  • Options
    @__heatherc around 20 weeks the uterus is still very low and juuuust at the belly button level so the kicks will feel super low. Once the uterus grows youโ€™ll feel baby higher and higher with eventual jabs straight into the ribs ๐Ÿ˜…ย