September 2022 Moms
Options

GTKY 3/22

What's your favorite movie?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: GTKY 3/22

• Options
    I'm terrible at picking favorite anything. I think I default and say "What Dreams May Come" is one of my favorites. It's one of Robin Williams movies that isn't really a comedy, but I feel like if there's an after life, I hope it's like that. It's one that I watched as a kid multiple times and it never gets old. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath
    "as a kid."

Thanks for making me feel old. I was a junior in college when that came out.   :(
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kboydbowman I was 11? So kid still? 
  • Options
    Forrest Gump and, more recently, Zombieland. I can never NOT watch them if they're on TV. And they're comfort movies when I'm sick and need background noise but not give my full attention. 
  • Options
    Have you seen the second Zombieland yet?
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    Miss Congeniality, Sweet Home Alabama or The Proposal.
  • Options
    Princess Bride!
  • Options
    Tombstone
  • Options
    @kboydbowman
    Yes, it was not as good (IMO) and I didn't really like it all that much. 
  • Options
    HOW IS THIS A FAIR QUESTION? 
  • Options
    This is a tough one! If I'm going with one that I could watch over and over, it would be The Devil Wears Prada.
  • Options
    so many good choices here....I'll go with Sneakers (much lesser known but if you haven't seen it YOU NEED TO).
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    A few that immediately come to mind:

trainspotting
    The Blair witch project
    Blade Runner (both of them) 
    Fargo 
    trains, planes, and automobiles 
    the shining 

I really don’t have a “favorite”, just a top tier of probably a dozen or so! 
  • Options
    Mean Girls (TBH very much like my high school so it was funny to watch), Shrek (fun and always reminds me of my 10 birthday party), Young Frankenstein (I was a weird kid and loved this movie), Chitty Chitty Bang Bang & Swiss Family Robinson (classics)
  • Options
    Basically every marvel movie :)
  • Options
    @whitta1015 I saw Tombstone for the first time last month with DH. GREAT choice. Now all the huckleberry comments make sense... 
    @melyrae can't go wrong there! Those are our go-to's for date night and for family movie nights. Do you know what's coming out next? I think we're finally all caught up, but every time I think that I find another one we haven't seen yet. 

Not a favorite (yet) but we watched The Alex Project this month, and it was well worth the watch. Best new movie I've seen in a while.
  • Options
    Too many to choose from, I would say Harry Potter and every year at Christmas I have to watch the Polar Express. 
  • Options
    Pretty much all the Harry Potter movies, Marvel movies, Star Wars, and anything like it. Huge geek/nerd over here. 🤓
  • Options
    @dsmith211 my husband and I recently re-watched all the Harry Potter movies since they were added to HBO Max. Forgot just how good they are!! Still have to watch the 20th Anniversary Special though....
  • Options
    I don’t like movies! Maybe should save that for UO. If I were going to watch one right now though, I would pick Baby Mama with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. Or maybe Knocked Up.
  • Options
    @lucyg00cy I love Swiss family Robinson. I wanted to be them so much! 
  • Options
    Father of the Bride & Father of the Bride Part II, hands down!!! 

@lucyg00cy mean girls is hilarious! We just watched that last night on MTV haha
  • Options
    pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited March 2022
    Anime: Spirited Away
    Cartoon: can’t choose. Maybe Mulan but also fifteen others.
    For crying: Hachi: A Dog’s Tale
    Throwback: Hook and anything Monty Python
    uhhhhh… that’s all I got for now. There are so many movies I love and can watch on repeat 
  • Options
    @JRae2015 I don't like movies much either!

@pangolindrome good call re. Spirited Away and Monty Python. :-)

I usually watch TV shows rather than movies, but I have a soft spot for obscure stuff like Donnie Darko, Heathers, or Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• Options
    I second Spirited Away

also Nightmare Before Christmas, came out the year I was born and grew up watching it on loop 
  • Options
    @pangolindrome
    We LOVE Spirited Away!! I really love all the Miyazaki Studio Ghibli movies and adore that my boys like them too. Howl's Moving Castle and Ponyo are also at the top of that list!
  • Options
    I need to find Ronja Robbersdaughter from Studio Ghibli with Japanese audio and subs. It’s based on a Swedish book and movie, I just can’t stand it dubbed to English. I’m picky 😂 probably from growing up in a country that basically subs everything that’s not for kids.