September 2022 Moms

GTKY 3/22

What's your favorite movie?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: GTKY 3/22

• I'm terrible at picking favorite anything. I think I default and say "What Dreams May Come" is one of my favorites. It's one of Robin Williams movies that isn't really a comedy, but I feel like if there's an after life, I hope it's like that. It's one that I watched as a kid multiple times and it never gets old. 
  • @jhysmath
    "as a kid."

Thanks for making me feel old. I was a junior in college when that came out.   :(
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • @kboydbowman I was 11? So kid still? 
  • Forrest Gump and, more recently, Zombieland. I can never NOT watch them if they're on TV. And they're comfort movies when I'm sick and need background noise but not give my full attention. 
  • Have you seen the second Zombieland yet?
    Current pregnancy -

• Miss Congeniality, Sweet Home Alabama or The Proposal.
  • Princess Bride!
  • @kboydbowman
    Yes, it was not as good (IMO) and I didn't really like it all that much. 
  • HOW IS THIS A FAIR QUESTION? 
  • This is a tough one! If I'm going with one that I could watch over and over, it would be The Devil Wears Prada.
  • so many good choices here....I'll go with Sneakers (much lesser known but if you haven't seen it YOU NEED TO).
    Current pregnancy -

• A few that immediately come to mind:

trainspotting
    The Blair witch project
    Blade Runner (both of them) 
    Fargo 
    trains, planes, and automobiles 
    the shining 

I really don’t have a “favorite”, just a top tier of probably a dozen or so! 
  • Mean Girls (TBH very much like my high school so it was funny to watch), Shrek (fun and always reminds me of my 10 birthday party), Young Frankenstein (I was a weird kid and loved this movie), Chitty Chitty Bang Bang & Swiss Family Robinson (classics)
  • Basically every marvel movie :)
  • @whitta1015 I saw Tombstone for the first time last month with DH. GREAT choice. Now all the huckleberry comments make sense... 
    @melyrae can't go wrong there! Those are our go-to's for date night and for family movie nights. Do you know what's coming out next? I think we're finally all caught up, but every time I think that I find another one we haven't seen yet. 

Not a favorite (yet) but we watched The Alex Project this month, and it was well worth the watch. Best new movie I've seen in a while.
  • Too many to choose from, I would say Harry Potter and every year at Christmas I have to watch the Polar Express. 
  • Pretty much all the Harry Potter movies, Marvel movies, Star Wars, and anything like it. Huge geek/nerd over here. 🤓
  • @dsmith211 my husband and I recently re-watched all the Harry Potter movies since they were added to HBO Max. Forgot just how good they are!! Still have to watch the 20th Anniversary Special though....
  • I don’t like movies! Maybe should save that for UO. If I were going to watch one right now though, I would pick Baby Mama with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. Or maybe Knocked Up.
  • @lucyg00cy I love Swiss family Robinson. I wanted to be them so much! 
  • Father of the Bride & Father of the Bride Part II, hands down!!! 

@lucyg00cy mean girls is hilarious! We just watched that last night on MTV haha
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited March 2022
    Anime: Spirited Away
    Cartoon: can’t choose. Maybe Mulan but also fifteen others.
    For crying: Hachi: A Dog’s Tale
    Throwback: Hook and anything Monty Python
    uhhhhh… that’s all I got for now. There are so many movies I love and can watch on repeat 
  • @JRae2015 I don't like movies much either!

@pangolindrome good call re. Spirited Away and Monty Python. :-)

I usually watch TV shows rather than movies, but I have a soft spot for obscure stuff like Donnie Darko, Heathers, or Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• I second Spirited Away

also Nightmare Before Christmas, came out the year I was born and grew up watching it on loop 
  • @pangolindrome
    We LOVE Spirited Away!! I really love all the Miyazaki Studio Ghibli movies and adore that my boys like them too. Howl's Moving Castle and Ponyo are also at the top of that list!
  • I need to find Ronja Robbersdaughter from Studio Ghibli with Japanese audio and subs. It’s based on a Swedish book and movie, I just can’t stand it dubbed to English. I’m picky 😂 probably from growing up in a country that basically subs everything that’s not for kids.