November 2022 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• Hi there!!! My name is Kelsie, I'll be 30 this year! Woo hoo what a year it will be!!

> Due date? November 11 :)
    >
    > How did you find out? I had been spotty which I never am, didn't get any acne the week I was supposed to get my period, and then I was late so I tested! Talk about bawl your eyes out!!
    >
    > Tell us about yourself- I work at a daycare currently, I have 2 stepkids that are 7 and 11, and we have 2 fur babies.
    >
    > How are you feeling? I am excited! I want to scream from the roof tops I'm pregnant but I know I should wait a little longer!

♡ KELSIE :)
  • @knottie389c59f539cf1f4a

Congratulations! Glad to have you on the board. 
    I am also feeling the need to scream from the rooftops, but I am also feeling that if work found out now it could be a bit of a disaster. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi! I'm Amber, I'm 36 and from Texas.

I believe my due date is around Nov 15th. Hoping to know better after my first prenatal appointment next week.

I found out via at home testing 5 days before my missed cycle and that seems too early so my curiosity is peaked for sure. I took somewhere around 7 at home tests followed by a blood test at my primary Dr. All of which have been positive.

I have 2 kids of my own (12 and 10) and my husband has a 13 year old as well that lives with us almost full time. We just got married in April 2021, but have been together going on 5 years. I had Mirena for about 11 years and we decided we wanted to try for a baby about 9 months ago. We have 3 dogs, a cat and a hedgehog, as well as some backyard chickens. Our house in a constant chaotic mess, but we are so excited to add to it!

Feeling... mostly just excited and nervous with a dash of complete exhaustion. Also, my normal heartburn has already about quadrupled and I've officially set up recurring orders of tums.
  • Hi everyone!
    I’m Joanna from Toronto Canada! This is my first pregnancy (honeymoon baby!) and Im very nervous/ excited!

Due date is estimated November 19th!!!

How I found out? I was in class doing a demonstration when I felt really hot and dizzy. My lunch that I LOVE also made me really sick lol Period wasn’t expected for 5 more days. That night I had a dream I took a test and was pregnant, turns out the dream was correct!!

I am a hairstylist currently finishing my teachers college diploma! My husband works in construction. No pets but would really love a little pup to grow with the babe. We love cooking, reading and going on mini road trips!

I go for my first blood draw on Monday the 14th. Which makes me really nervous to see how the levels are doing. Symptoms are really random waves of nausea, tired but can’t sleep, sore hips, and frequent peeing, also random heat flashes!

So excited to chat and begin this journey with all you :)
  • @knottie040e4102641d8df1 I immediately get short of breath when I get pregnant lol. It's something I've had in literally every single pregnancy I have so weird lol
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I also keep taking tests! And keep pushing in my breasts to make sure they still hurt hah
  • emmaliz12emmaliz12 member
    edited March 2022
     @mariposa1116
    Glad I’m not alone! I told my husband the other day that I weirdly want all the symptoms because that’s reassurance things are working in there!
  • emmaliz12emmaliz12 member
    edited March 2022
    Similar to me! Due date is nov 15. My husband and I have been not trying but not preventing since November as well :)  also, boobs hurt alot. I actually tested because I woke up with extreme cramps but no period last week. 
  • @emmawahls very similar due dates and scenarios!! ❤️
  • Hello! My due date is some time mid November. My husband and I are both 40 and have 5 children. We were not trying to get pregnant...in fact more like trying not to. Our kids are almost 11, 9, 7, almost 6, almost 4 and we homeschool them. This is my 8th pregnancy. I had a chemical/early miscarriage before and after my youngest boy. (We have one girl out of the bunch.) So I'm a little nervous how this will go down. Even though we weren't planning on having another on and we were quite comfortable having a puppy as our other daughter, I still am always filled with joy to have new life inside of me. I've been testing everyday or two and the lines seem to be getting darker but this last one is a little unclear because the dye dried pink and the other tests were more purple...same brand.. just different color for some reason. 🤷‍♀️ I don't have any symptoms yet except a little "ehh" at night which is my norm as far as I can remember. And I had spotting a few days ago which I normally don't get so I thought for sure it was a loss until it stopped almost immediately.
  • Hi! I’ve been lurking since the end of February and happy to finally post here and say hi! 

Due date? November 2

How did you find out? Pregnancy test on our late honeymoon. I was short of breath, tired, and so bloated leading up to missed period. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    This would be baby #1. We have a family dog that I get to cuddle with here and there. I work remotely as does my partner, which I’m grateful for especially now. I like to cook and drink coffee both of which I’ve done almost zero times in the past week since I can’t stomach either. Love getting fresh air and exploring delicious food around us which I definitely have no interest in the latter right now. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    Feeling nervous, excited, very fatigued, light cramping in my stomach area, painful boobs. 
    My first OB appt isn’t until the end of the month which feels like forever away… on top of keeping this mainly under wraps from friends and family I would want to share with, but we’re choosing to wait a little longer. 

Xo! 
  • @mariposa1116 I am right there with you on the caffeine. I know I'm having more than 200 mg, but I'm telling myself that I'm having LESS now than I did before? 
  • Hello!

I’m Julia. I am 35 and live in Chicago. My son just turned 18 months today and my first born is a 4 year old cockapoo named Reggie. Both are a lovable handful. I teach Architecture and my spouse is a physician.

We have been trying for a few months and had a chemical pregnancy last month. I got a positive test last week but have been very nervous about it. Have blips of feeling exciting but still feeling numb and nervous. I am crampy and have only wanted Italian food all week. (Not typical) EDD Thanksgiving

I love exercise (bike/running/yoga mostly) and feminist science fiction. (Ursula K Le Guin is my patron saint). I am often so busy and tired that it isn’t as big in my life as it used to be.

During my first pregnancy when I was super nauseous and tired, I watched the entire Call the Midwife series and have restarted and forgot how much I loved it.

I have enjoyed reading about you all!
  • edited March 2022
    @mariposa1116 🦋
    We’re in Chicago too!
    Congrats on your pregnancy. If you haven’t already checked out Emily Oster’s book Expecting Better you should find a copy. It helped me chill out about all the scary lists of things to avoid. It helps contextualize and explain the “dos and don’ts” of pregnancy through the lens a of UChicago (yay Chicago) statistic professor. A lot of the “Don’ts” are blanket statement because women can’t be trusted to make choices about quality and quantity.
  • Hi! Jenn and I live in Northern Texas.

Due date? According to my lmp… Nov 5th

How did you find out? It was random, I had taken a supplement and missed my period. I thought it was the supplement that messed with my cycle when I got like 5 negative tests. Then almost 3 weeks passed my missed period I got a positive, then another, then another

Tell us about yourself: I have an amazing man to call my own, we each have a child from previous relationships and this one will make 3!

How are you feeling? I have some crazy heartburn already and no appetite at all. Also, I haven’t made my first appointment because of logistics 😬 there is an hour and a half triangle where I live and Work and school and it’s a mess.
  • Introduce yourself: My name is Nicole

Due date?

November 24th

How did you find out?

Pregnancy test, yesterday. I wasn’t having any normal period symptoms. I usually fall asleep at 9-10pm but for the past week I havent been able to fall asleep until 1am or later. I found that odd. My breasts were only a little tender when they are usually super sensitive. I didn’t have the normal cramping and spitting I should have had yesterday so I took a test.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)

I’m 35 and this is my first pregnancy. I was married before and my ex and I had tried for a year with no results so that along with suspected endometriosis I wasn’t sure I could get pregnant.
    I have a boyfriend who I think I have frightened with this news (we were trying but I was just laid off 2 weeks ago and now we are a little stressed about finances). We have two dogs who we love endlessly and we spend most of our free time with them.

I am so happy, I cried on and off all day yesterday. I am pretty emotional lately but I am trying to keep my anxiety down. I’m out of breath easily and still have insomnia. (Also light cramping here and there).
    My first appointment isn’t until the first week of May.
  • Hi! I’m Ashley, 32 in Tacoma, Washington

EDD is 11/20, I have a dating ultrasound on 3/31 and can’t wait! My husband and I got married last November and had talked in January about starting to try this summer… and this was a very welcome surprise to us both!

How did you find out? I had a feeling something was off, had a blood test for iron levels from my PCP and she added an HCG test for me. I took that on 3/8 and it was negative. When my period didn’t show up I took a FRER and got a very faint line. Tested again the next day and it was darker. I got another blood test, this time saying positive! I’ve taken a few more pregnancy tests at home, just because this feels so surreal!

This is a first pregnancy for both me and my husband, we are nervous and excited 😊 . We have a very large English retriever at home, named Cooper, who I’ve noticed has been hanging around me more. I work as an occupational therapist and I work at a skilled nursing facility. I love to stay active- hiking and working out. I enjoy baking, reading, board games, going to concerts and traveling.

It’s been a shock and hard to wrap my head around, I’m so so happy, and also anxious! I’ve been feeling all sorts of symptoms; sore/heavy boobs, sore nipples, BLOAT, some mild headaches, hot flashes out of nowhere, lightheaded, mild cramping and very sensitive smell. I had my first OB intake appointment on 3/16, next one is the dating ultrasound on 3/31. Counting down the days! And I’m dying to tell just about everybody but hubby wants us to wait to tell our families first. So….I’m impatiently waiting!

Happy to be here with you all and wish everyone a H&H 9 months! Cheers to us and our November babies 👶 💕
  • @lqbtqmommy Hi there! I’m pregnant with my first and we have a IVF baby too! We are due 11/5! Good luck to you! :)
  • Hi everyone! ☺️ Excited to get to know you all!

Introduce yourself: My name is Nicole and I’m from Orlando Florida! My husband and I just recently found out we were pregnant. We have been trying for three years but started fertility treatment last year (endo sucks). Two IUIs and two IVFs later we found out we were pregnant!

Due date? 11/5

How did you find out? We did a transfer 2/17. I was so devastated when I got my last negative test result…at work…so I took a test the night before my first HCG.

Tell us about yourself: This is our first child but we have a little furbaby. He’s a munchkin cat named Comet! I’m a nurse practitioner and my husband is a pharmacist. We love to travel, go out to eat, host dinner parties, and hang out with friends and family.

How are you feeling? Still feeling cautiously optimistic. We had our first US last week and the doc said he or she looks perfect. The endo causes severe cramping episodes but other than that just having your run of the mill random nausea spells, fatigue, and mood swings.
  • Hi! I’m Alyssa from Illinois and am 27.

Due date? November 22nd

How did you find out? My husband and I decided to start “trying” this past month as I decided to go off the pill. I randomly decided a day before my period was due to take a test, confident it was going to be negative I walked away from the test for a couple mins just to come back and see that it was VERY positive. I then ran upstairs and told my husband, who proceeded to ask “wait what does that mean?!”

We have a 2 year old golden retriever pup named Ollie, and I’ve been with my husband for almost 10 years. I work for a healthcare company, while my husband is in finance. I love to workout (any peloton moms on here?!), read, and hangout with my husband & friends.

I’m cautiously excited! This felt like it happened so fast for us, that I’m constantly worried that something is wrong. I also know that having a miscarriage is common, so I’m trying not to get too ahead of myself. So far I’ve felt cramping, tenderness, and some heart burn.
  • edited March 2022
  • Hi all, I’m 37 and 5 weeks 3 days pregnant. I have very few symptoms, which has been making me nervous but who knows. I have sore boobs, but that’s about it. No fatigue, no food aversions etc. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Introduce yourself: Hello! I’m Steph and I’m 29 years young! I’m from Alberta, Canada! Pregnant with my first (still early, but I’m optimistic!)

Due date? November 21, 2022

How did you find out? My husband planned a date night in the mountains and I was torn on whether or not I could have a glass of wine at dinner. Decided at 12DPO I’d test… and if it was negative I could have a glass… but oh boy was it very positive!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I have no children, but I do have a cat that I adore! I work as a registered nurse in an acute care surgical unit. I enjoy reading books for my book club and spending loads of time with friends and family! Also a tad OCD with cleaning my house, which will be VERY much tested once children are in the picture! My AMAZING husband works out of town every other week, which is a struggle, but when he is home he DEFINITELY makes-up for the stress of him being gone. Never could have hoped for a more supportive and incredible man!

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I’m feeling good! Sore boobs and tired, but that’s it! Emotionally on a roller coaster of anxiety, fear, excitement, and so so much love! The positive emotions are FAR outweighing the negative! My first appointment is March 23!
  • cbdubscbdubs member
    edited March 2022
    Hello! I'm Christine, 31 living in Colorado.

Due date is November 20. 

I found out by taking a pregnancy test 2 weeks after our 3rd IUI; also confirmed with bloodwork (standard from our clinic). 

This will be our first :) We live in the mountains and love being outdoors with our 10-year old German Shorthair Pointer. My husband and I both work at the local hospital.

First appt will be early April. I am feeling uneasy and slightly nervous! We have been on the TTC journey for almost 2 years. I have PCOS and hypothyroidism, too. Have not experienced any major symptoms apart from slight cramping and feeling hot and out of it after climbing the stairs at work (heart rate feels a bit high at times too...). Have not been sleeping well at all but not sure if that is a symptom! 
  • cbdubscbdubs member
    edited March 2022
    Congratulations @fantasyflyte! We went through IUI as well. Seems to have worked our third round! :)
  • Introduce yourself: I’m Christy. I am 35 from PA and this will be baby #4 

Due date?
    November 13th ish 

Tell us about yourself: I’m a stay at home mom to three boys, ages 5, 3.5 and 2. And This is absolutely our last one! Lol 
    How are you feeling? Super nauseous and bloated. Tired but that’s pretty normal. 
    First appointment is March 30th. 
  • krb99krb99 member
    Hello, I'm KR, I'm 36, and I live in California.

Due date? November 30th

How did you find out? Pregnancy test at home, I'd been tracking everything and was impatient so I tested before my period was due, that's why I'm here at like a minute pregnant.  :D

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I have a 2.5 y/o girl and have been married for a dozen years. I like books/movies/TV shows and arts and crafts that sit around for ages before I finish them. I work in healthcare part time. No pets but I have some potted plants who have been with me >5 years.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Waiting to hear back about first appointment date. No symptoms unless I think really hard about nausea, but I think I'm just bringing it on myself at this point. :D  (I had a lot of nausea first time around, so I have a Target order of B6 and unisom and ginger candies and sea bands headed my way.) I'm very excited (that's why I'm here!) but a part of me wants me to calm down because it's so early and things could not work out.
  • coldlife2coldlife2 member
    edited March 2022
    Due date? Late Nov. 

How did you find out? I’ve been tracking my cycles for a few years now, so I knew when I ovulated and that it was possible/likely. When my period was two days late, I tested. 

Tell us about yourself: I’m a SAHM to three little girls, so this is baby number four. My husband is in the aviation industry, and we live in the northwestern part of the US. My hobbies are reading, sewing, and hiking/getting outside. I’ve had three OOH births at a birth center with midwives, and I’m planning to do the same with this one. I was fairly active on theses boards with all my previous pregnancies. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) No symptoms other than the missed period/positive test. I haven’t called for an appointment yet, but that won’t happen until around 8 weeks anyway, so no rush. 
  • Hi everyone! So exciting be on this journey with you all. I’m 30 and live in Virginia. 

My due date is November 15th! So I’m 6 weeks today. 

I found out at like 9dpo, but after a chemical pregnancy last cycle, I’ve been too nervous to post anywhere. I woke up that morning feeling SO thirsty and really dizzy for no apparent reason. Took a test with FMU and got a pretty strong positive. I took a digital the same day (I couldn’t help myself) and it was positive. Totally different from my early loss in Jan/Feb. 

I live with my husband, dog, and cat in an old house that we are working on restoring. I’m currently in school to be a midwife, and graduate this Summer! I worked as a labor and birth nurse for many years before that. After being around pregnant people for so long, it’s really interesting to see what my experience is like (and will be like).

I’m feeling good overall. I’m definitely tired, have bouts of nausea, and my boobs are crazy sore, but the symptoms are kind of comforting to me in a way. My first appointment is April 7th and I’ll have my first scan then too!!!

• Introduce yourself: Hello!  This is my fourth pregnancy, and I have two girls, aged 8 and 2. This was unexpected and I’m still unsure how I’m feeling about it. 

Due date?  11/28, although I will be pretty high risk considering age (37) and a blood disorder. I have not gotten a child to term yet. 

How did you find out?  I was late, which I’m never late, and took a test. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?). I have a question for moms who are pregnant after a cesarean:  I’ve been super crampy for about a week now. I’ve read that it can be uncomfortable with the scar tissue stretching, but wondering if anyone can share their experience being pregnant after a c-section?

• @database6 I had C sections for both of my kids. When I started to get bigger with my daughter (second child) there was definitely some uncomfortable stretching and itching around the scar area, but honestly it wasn't a ton compared to the other things, like RLP and the bad sciatica I get, if that gives you any relief =)
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Hi all! I am Rebecca from Boston. I am 36 and this is my first pregnancy after TTC for the past 1.5 years.

Due date? November 10th 

How did you find out? I had an embryo transfer on February 22nd and tested positive a week and a half later. I was in complete shock!

Tell us about yourself: I work in Product Management and my husband works in Data Science. We have one very need cat. We enjoy tennis, hiking, biking, and generally being active outdoors.

How are you feeling? I am so excited for this journey. My main symptoms are fatigue and sore breasts. I’m pretty nervous because I don’t feel nauseous at all. My first scan is on Friday and I can’t wait!
  • @database6 third pregnancy after 2 cs too! I am definitely having more cramping and stretching with this one. I’m wondering if it’s adhesions from scar tissue causing it? Definitely worse this time around than it was the second pregnancy