November 2022 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• Congrats to all the parents to be! Looking forward to getting to know y'all.

I'm Clare from Boston, I'm 39 and this is my second pregnancy. I had to do IVF both times around, so nice to see some other ART parents here. My first child is 4.5. I work at a local college in student support; my husband works at one of the city's many investment banks. We have a 60-65 pound lab-boxer mix.

Due Date: According to the Google, Nov. 12

How did you find out? A call from the nurse at the RE's office literally today. Had to step out of an in-person conference lol. I had an inkling, but the hormones for treatment also have a tendency to make me feel early pregnancy symptoms, and didn't want to read too much into it.

Tell us about yourself: My work/passion is supporting traditionally under-represented students in higher education. I love walking, running, working out, etc. I'm a big reader and listener of podcasts. My self-care is watching Below Deck and all of its spinoffs, and as many Real Housewives franchises I can keep track of. I like being able to take advantage of living in a city - restaurants, parks and playgrounds, and just exploring, especially now that COVID cases are going back down.

Do you feel pregnant? Kind of? I got WICKED carsick yesterday (which isn't super normal for me), but as I said one of my IVF side effects is queasiness so I'm not sure what is attributable to what. I did go into SUPER nesting mode on Sunday - not only did I clean a bunch, I organized my child's room and all of my dresser drawers.
  • Hi all! 😊 

My name is Olivia. Based on my LMP and cycle length, I’m due November 2, 2022.  Go Scorpio baby! ♏️  I found out after taking a test a few days before my expected period. 

My husband and I don’t have any kids yet. No pets either but we just moved into a home with a yard so we plan on getting a pup in the future 🐶 

Unfortunately, we had a missed miscarriage last November so I have been super anxious about this pregnancy.  Since I had a prior miscarriage, my Ob/Gyn is bringing me in on Monday for an early ultrasound. I am SO nervous but also excited.  I’m hoping the miscarriage was a one-time thing. 

I’m currently 6w1d but I ovulated late (CD21) and have a 5-week cycle so I think I’m closer to 5w1d.  No real symptoms yet except some nipple soreness, fatigue, and very mild queasiness when I’m hungry.  

Glad to be on this board with all you wonderful ladies, mommas, and mommas-to-be! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi everyone!

My name is Kirsten and I’m from Illinois!!

I’m due November 8th! My birthday is November 28th, so I’m so excited to share a birthday month! This is our first pregnancy!

My husband and I have a very active boxer-pit named King who keep us very busy. We love him so! I teach Pre-K and my husband is a airplane mechanic. We love spending lots of time with our families, church activities, camping, going out with friends, board games and doing Cricut projects.

Oh my word we are SO very excited and happy about this pregnancy. But let me tell you, I’m literally exhausted by the time I get home every evening. I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever been this tired (and that’s saying a lot with me teaching four and five-year-olds every day)! Ha. We found out because we had been TTC and I took a test a week ago. I was very tired and my breast were so sore so I knew something was up. I was crying happy tears when we saw the positive sign.

So excited to do this journey with you!
  • Introduce yourself: Hi everyone. My name is Chelsea and I’m 34 from Ohio. 

Due date? November 4

How did you find out? This was our first month trying after a miscarriage and our cat started sitting on my lap. She did that last time when I was pregnant and immediately stopped after I had my miscarriage so we decided to take a test just in case. And we got our bfp! 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I’m married to my husband of 11 years. We have two kids. Our daughter is 10 and our son is 7 and we have a lab and 2 cats. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotion): super nervous and a bit hesitant after having a miscarriage but happy at the same time. No symptoms yet except a little fatigue. 

I’m excited to get to know everyone. My first two pregnancies I had friends pregnant the same time I was but now it’s just me this time and I’m excited to make some new mom friends on here. 
  • edited March 2022
  • Hi Everyone!!! I’m Amanda from Buffalo, NY. This is my second pregnancy-I’m beyond excited, but also nervous for what this pregnancy will look like while chasing around a very energetic toddler 🥴

Due date? November 2nd

We had been trying, and I was starting to feel insanely thirsty out of nowhere, random hot flashes, and then that good old ability to smell things that you didn’t even know had a smell. Sure enough, the test was positive!

We have a 2-year old son and a Golden Retriever (who has been following me around constantly since before we found out!) I love coffee, running, reading, and I love to watch Bravo and similar quality reality TV lol

This time around has been interesting because my symptoms have been very mild, and they also will come and go (some mild cramping/twinges here and there, fatigue, mild nausea, breast tenderness). It’s very unnerving, because with my first pregnancy I had strong and consistent symptoms very early on. My first appointment is 3/7, so I’m hoping I will feel less anxious about things after.
  • Introduce yourself: Hi I’m Megan. Just found out that I’m four weeks pregnancy on Thursday. This will be my first, fiancé’s second. We’ve been trying for four months and finally got our BFP!

Due date? Predicted due date is 11/12

How did you find out? I started feeling different a few days prior to testing (slight cramping, tired) and decided to test at 11dpo. I surprised him the next day and he was crying and smiling for the rest of the evening.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I have a future stepson who is 16, 4 pets (two cats and two dogs). I am a Planning Technician in Spokane and I love it. The city is growing so fast so we’re nice and busy. My fiancé and I have been together for nearly three years. We like to be fairly active by riding bikes, working out, and participating in Spartan races; although he’ll be doing them by himself this year now.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I’m feeling good so far. I feel nervous and yet very calm at the same time. I haven’t called yet for a first appointment because I believe they’re not done until week 8 anyways? But overall feeling exciting and already planning out the nursery.
  • Hey, I'm Jamie from Florida. 

Due date? 11/4

How did you find out? I started peeing a lot a week before my positive. Took an at home test because I thought my cycle was going to be shorter this month and apparently it was 🤷 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) Married with a 3yr old and an 8 mo old golden retriever. I'm a nurse. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) my first appt is 3/25. I've had a lot more anxiety and have weeped almost every day for one reason or another. Trying not to spend too much time thinking about pregnancy but it's proving difficult. Trying to stay busy. I'm still peeing a lot and have occ. cramping and lots of bloating. Very slight bouts of nausea. Hoping I don't start vomiting. I never did with my last pregnancy, so hoping this one will be similar. 

• edited March 2022

Introduce yourself: Hi everyone and congratulations! I’m Kalie from Nebraska. I’m 27 and this is my first pregnancy. I’m happy to have found this group. 

Due date? Nov 4th

How did you find out? My husband and I recently decided we wanted to try to have kids. We really didn’t think we had luck last month because I started having cramps that felt like my pre-period cramps but little did I know these could be implantation cramps. My period was late by a day so I took a test and was surprised to find it was positive!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I’m married and we have 1 dog :) I’m a physician assistant at a Children’s Hospital. I love to be outside, work on projects around the house (already planning nursery ideas!), and travel. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally. 
    I’m feeling VERY excited but also cautiously optimistic. I have type 1 diabetes so it’s been stressful trying to get my blood sugars into a tighter target. I also have Graves disease which may play an effect later down the line. I’ve met with my endocrinologist already and she referred me to maternal fetal medicine but they don’t want to see me until I see my OB, which isn’t until April 5th!

If anyone has pregnancy books or podcast recommendations please send them my way!
  • Hi @knottie082e1f2ce471223a!

Welcome to our board!  I have many many recs for you... but just to get started I would suggest the book Expecting Better by Emily Oster and the podcast "The Birth Hour."  There are many more out there.  Maybe in one of our weekly threads we could all put more recs.

• kendranwkendranw member
    edited March 2022
    Introduce yourself:

My name is Kendra and I live in southern Illinois.

Due date: November 11th

How did you find out?

I had some bleeding about a week prior to when my period normally comes.  I thought it was implantation bleeding.  I started having some breast tenderness as well.  About 3-4 days before my missed period I took a test and it was positive!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)

When my husband and I got married about 3.5 years ago we did not want kids.  A year or so ago we changed our minds and recently decided we would start trying this year.  We live on 62 acres with our 4 goats, dog, and cats.   I work as a warehouse manager for my brother in law's third party Amazon business.  I like to knit and sew!  My husband is a mailman and aspiring farmer.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)

I feel pretty good.  I've been tired, but nothing too bad.  I'm looking forward to my appointment but am being cautious to get too excited because I know many women who have had miscarriages.  Emotionally I feel great really.  
  • @kendranw you are living my dream life lol. My parents offered us 5 acres and we're trying to decide whether we want to build on it or not. We previously looked at lots that were 40-100 acres though!
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Hi! I'm Taylor! I'm due November 17th! I found out this morning, got a digital positive 9 dpo! 
    I have a 16 month old son named Marlo. I make decorated sugar cookies for a living!
    I'm super excited but nervous at the same time! I will have 2 almost exactly two year apart, my son was born in October 2020. I am just being hopeful everything will work and and that we will be bringing a beautiful baby home this fall 🤍
    Congratulations to you all! So excited to have a November baby 🤎
  • Hi I’m Jenn from Washington

Due date? About Nov. 12

How did you find out? I just felt really tired. The only other time I’ve ever felt this wiped out was with my other two kiddos. Checked my flo app and realized I was late so I tested.

Tell us about yourself: We have two kiddos (7 yo girl and 5 yo boy), and I have a SD who is 24. I am a photographer, graphic designer, and a SAHM who homeschools.

How are you feeling? I’m feeling good other than being really tired. This ain’t my first rodeo!
  • Hi there! I’m Sarah from California

Due date? About November 12

How did you find out? I took a test at 5:00 this morning when I was feeling kind of crampy/weird. We have been trying to have a second baby for over two years and it’s the most surreal thing to see the positive test results. My husband has been out of town all week and will return home tonight - I’m bursting to tell him!

Tell us about yourself: I’m a SAHM with a 3 1/2-year-old little boy and a husband who travels weekly. I’m 37 and my husband is 42…we have been trying to have another baby for so long that we’d just about given up and convinced ourselves that we’re just too old and that maybe it wasn’t meant to be.

How are you feeling? So far, completely fine! Waiting for the fatigue and carb cravings/food aversions to hit 🤪
  • edited March 2022
    Hi I’m Emily from MA. Est due date is Nov 7.

How did you find out? I’ve been going through IVF so I had a couple of required HCG tests.

Tell us about yourself: I am passionate about having a low footprint in this world for the future generations (like the ones we are growing now). This is our first pregnancy and we are over the moon!

How are you feeling? I’m super excited and trying to pace my excitement until we see that heartbeat. Hopefully we will see one next week (IVF requires an earlier ultrasound). For symptoms, I’ve had shortness of breath and faster heartbeat when exercising, fatigue like whoa, slight bloating/cramping, slight nausea, sore breasts, and yes, I do cry more than I normally do.

Excited to go through this journey with y’all!
  • Introduce yourself:

Hey everyone! Congratulations! Im Kaitlyn! 

Due date? November 10th

How did you find out? I was 3 days late and took an at home test. TTC since September 2021

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)

I am currently a SAHM to 2 little girls(ages 6 and 3) and if im not momming im DIYing or blogging and I run our hobby farm

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?

Im so very excited and nervous! Lots of cramping today and nausea here and there. First appointment scheduled for 4/5!
  • ejoseph16ejoseph16 member
    edited March 2022
    @sejica Yeah girl!!!! 👏👏👏👏 congratulations!

ETA: I’m totally lurking from TTGP 😂 
  • Gingermom15Gingermom15 member
    edited March 2022
    Introduce yourself: Hi all! I am Sarah 

Due date? 11/16 based off ovulation date (charting and bbt)

How did you find out? Took at test at 10dpo before work since my job puts me at risk for exposure to chemo medication and radiation seeds at times. I was not at all expecting to get a positive since we just started trying. Hoping this bean stays put 🤞 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) we have a 4 and 6 year old, I am a nurse and husband is army reserves and works nightshift at a metal factory. We have two cats and two dogs. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) first appointment is in April around 9 weeks. We are extremely thankful and cautiously optimistic it happened so quickly. My son (oldest) had a vanishing twin, so I am super anxious to see what the ultrasound shows! Not much symptom wise yet but I’m sure it’s brewing. Planning on telling our kids when we go on vacation this June if we can wait, they’ve been begging for a baby 😂 

ETA this is our last little nugget. Getting my tubes removed during my repeat cs so I’ve got all the feels about having the *last* baby 😩 
  • Hi everyone! I'm Kayleigh from Tennessee :) this is my second pregnancy and I am due November 2.

My husband and I started "trying" in December but February was the first month that I really buckled down with tracking my cycle and tested for ovulation. I guess it worked! We were facing a potential deployment and I couldn't stand not knowing about it AND whether I was pregnant or not, so I took a test before I even missed my period!

My daughter Maren is 1.5 years old and a pistol, to say the least LOL. She loves babies though so I'm excited to see her become a big sis! We also have a 3 year old Carolina dog who is so sweet and patient with her. My husband is a captain in the Army and we've been married 5 years.

I am feeling.. anxious. At first the only symptoms I was experiencing was fatigue and moodiness - then I had some cramping, which I don't remember having with my first pregnancy! This week the nausea has hit and the fatigue is worse than ever. Luckily I work from home and my toddler goes to daycare so I've been sneaking in lots of midday naps (don't tell my boss). I'm really anxious for my first appointment to confirm everything is going normally. Also, I'm planning on purchasing the Sneak Peek blood test to find out the gender as early as I can... has anyone else used that before?!

Looking forward to having this community :)
  • Hi my name is Alanna, I'm 38 and currently live in Salem, MA. This is my first pregnancy.

Due date?
    Nov 10 according to the app Clue.

How did you find out?
    I was a few days late. I took a home pregnancy test thinking it would be negative and my period would come.

Tell us about yourself
    I currently work as a manager in research administration for a healthcare organization. I was born in Barbados and migrated to the US as a child. My boyfriend and I are currently house hunting. I crochet when I can to relax and I'm currently teaching myself to sew.

How are you feeling?
    My prenatal intake appointment is April 1 and the first OB visit is scheduled for April 20. I'm still processing, I'm excited and nervous. I'm trying to take this one day at a time.
  • Hello,
    I'm from Nassau, Bahamas and found out I was pregnant after my period was 5 days late. I took a test (and then took 2 more) and they were all positive. I'm 39 and this is my first pregnancy.
    Due date is Nov 6th based on LMP.
    Had my first appt today.

I'm excited and nervous and scared.
  • littleyub22littleyub22 Just Joined
    Hi everyone! I’m Siobhan from Knoxville, TN. This will be our first pregnancy, so we’re both very excited, but also nervous. We were hoping for a Fall baby, so that also is very exciting for us. 😊

Due date? November 5th

How did you find out? We were TTC and it happened very quickly for us which we didn’t expect, but still very happy for. We found out on February 21st, I was feeling cramps early on and knew it felt a little different than normal. Four tests came back blatantly positive so then we booked our first appointment!

Tell us about yourself: This will be our first pregnancy, but we already care for 2 dogs - a German Shepherd, Kenobi and an Aussie named Sydney + our two cats. I work as a middle school band director and my husband is a pharmacist. We love being outside - hiking and kayaking, being with friends and I love watching movies!

How are you feeling? Feeling okay right now, I haven’t been sick yet, but definitely feeling nauseous this past week or so. The cramps have their phases still too. I’m losing a bit of an appetite, but no clear aversions yet. Our first appointment is March 25th - my birthday! 😊

So thankful for this group and these apps that help me along the way with baby no. 1, so thank you mamas for your help and just your being there as a community to support others!
  • natasha212natasha212 member
    edited March 2022
    Hi Ladies, I’m Natasha and I was waiting until I hit the 6w mark before making an introduction but I have enjoyed reading your introductions in the interim. Congratulations to us all 😊 we will all be “falling” in love again this fall (corny I know lol)

I am 31 and expecting baby number 2, we have a 3 year old who keeps us on our toes (me mostly because they come to mommy for everything! Side note I totally love it because moms are the true nurturers ❤️)

Due Date: November 3rd

How did you find out? I took two pregnancy test on 2/22/22 4 days before my missed cycle. One digital and one regular, the regular had a faint line but that digital one didn’t miss and had the BFP!

Tell us about yourself: I am a SHM and currently in nursing school. My family and I love to travel and we frequent Jamaica which is where we’re originally from.
    Things you like to do: Any occasion to cook and gather with friends and families and we’re there, cookouts, birthday parties etc. We love to celebrate life and happiness. Besides that my husband and I are total homebodies and will stay home to watch movies (comedy and action) and just enjoy being in our own space with our little one.

How are you feeling: Exhausted is an understatement, I cannot keep my eyes open beyond 9 (call it getting older call it being pregnant but I am tired lol). Over the past weeks I’ve had slight cramping and pelvic pressure here and there, bouts of nausea, slight headaches, my mouth waters easily, swollen breasts and major food aversions.
    My first appointment isn’t until the 28th.
    Until then I am re-reading everything and being as cautious as I can.

Wishing us all a healthy and safe journey and safe delivery 🙏🏽❤️. 
    Looking forward to interacting more as we get further into our individual but similar journies.
  • @fantasyflyte I have been aggressively stalking the ttgp board looking for signs of you, thrilled to find you here instead! I also got my bfp Monday, because I'm terrible at waiting. Hope you have a h&h 9months.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hello!

My name is Sara, I am 30 years old from Toronto, Canada. I work in Virtual Healthcare for a Canadian based telemedicine company and my husband works in mortgages. We have a very fun and energetic bull terrier named Aston.

After three positive pregnancy tests, I am still in a bit of shock as this was a very welcomed *surprise*. My husband and I got married in December and appear to have conceived on our honeymoon in Aruba. Despite the initial shock, we are very excited to welcome our first baby in November.

We are due Nov 11 and are 5 weeks along. My symptoms were what initially made me test as I had been wildly exhausted and my breasts super sore.

Looking forward to our first couple appointments and to following along this group!
  • My name is Jordan and I live in Texas.

I am a teacher with three fur children.

My husband and I just found out we are expecting and we are still in shock. We have been trying for two years and I have gone through ruptured cysts, an ovarian mass, two surgeries to correct my uterus, multiple miscarriages, you name it. We weren’t sure this was going to happen for us.

My first appointment is March 21st but my estimated due date is November 6.

So far the morning sickness is not my friend but I’m so grateful to be pregnant.
  • sunshine2417sunshine2417 member
    edited March 2022
    Introduce yourself: Hi! I’m Laura and currently live in Minnesota. I have 2 living children and have had 4 miscarriages. 

Due date? 11-22-22

How did you find out? I hadn’t had a postpartum period yet since my daughter who was born, who is now 2.5. I went on progesterone to induce a period, then letrozole to induce ovulation (I have PCOS) then tested 5,462 times in the last 24 hours 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I have 2 children, one boy and one girl. We have a 9 year old yellow lab and have been married for 6.5 years. I’m a former teacher, currently working in content development for virtual schools

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Feeling all the feels… excited, nervous, crampy, questioning everything… I’ve had 4 prior miscarriages so there’s a lot of anxiety and hope wrapped up in one. I’m only 9 DPO today so I’m hoping this baby and I both stick around!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello everyone!

First time mama here! Baby due November 14th! I live in Ontario, Canada with my hubs and our 3 cats 😊

This is my first time taking part in any online forum but I’ve been reading through and really love the sense of community and decided to jump in!

I found out earlier this week with two positive tests!

So far feeling excited/nervous/worried. It’s really starting to sink in as the days go on and I’ve had to make some changes to my work life to accommodate my pregnancy. My whole world changed in a day and we are so looking forward to our first ultrasound at the beginning of April! Also have been really emotional lately, some random crying lol no other symptoms except some cramping.

Wishing everyone a healthy pregnancy! 💛
  • Hello! 👋 My name is Jen

I am due on Nov. 12th

I found out in a hotel in Monterey Bay, CA on a trip with my hubby.

My husband and I have been TTC for about 5 1/2 years so this pregnancy is a huge blessing for us.

As far as symptoms I’m only having some bloating and very very sore 🍈🍈! I’m very excited about this pregnancy but very very nervous in these early week as we have experienced miscarriages in the past.
  • mlutrick2016mlutrick2016 Just Joined
    Hi! I’m Megan from Texas. This will be my second baby. Very excited to be having a fall baby!

Due date? Approx 11/12

How did you find out? Was tracking and took a test 2WW

I’m married to Josh and we have a daughter Valyn who is 3.5yrs, we also have 2 dogs, Lily and Hank. I’m a wedding and event planner.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Very excited! Started trying for #2 in December! Have my confirmation appt on Tuesday with my midwife. Yay!!
  • Hi! I’m Courtney from Iowa! This is our first baby, and we are so excited.

Due Nov 19.

We’ve been trying, and I haven’t had much patience at all so I tested the day my period was supposed to come (3 times) and voila, all positive!

I am a kindergarten teacher, so I’m pretty much always exhausted anyway. My husband is an engineer! We just bought our first house together and close in June, so I’m already dreaming of nursery designs!

I don’t really know if I’ve had any symptoms as I’ve had a nasty cold all week (wondering if the pregnancy would’ve weakened my immune system this early on? I don’t get sick very often so I wasn’t sure) so my body is just thrown off in general. Trying hard to get healthy and back on track.

So happy to be here and experience this with you all! ❤️
  • Hello! I just found out FOR SURE yesterday. It was our first cycle ttc and we are due November 18th (we think).