August 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 2/21

124»

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/21

• Options
    @wisewitch222 “culture enforcers” sounds much better than “fake admins” or “the ones trying to be mods” so thank you for that 😁. 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream Thanks for specifying, I asked to join the other. I just asked to join the regulars group and it keeps telling me I’m posting twice in less than a minute so there’s a “spam block” on my account. Never seen that before 

I think it’s fantastic you’re trying to get prepared, @wigglyicecream and that’ll set you up for success. The halo is great for that and I would suggest putting it beside your bed and attempting to reach in and pick up “baby.” When my husband asked me I felt ridiculous but it was good to know how I should angle myself when sitting up. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dimeadozen you’re approved!  Also thank you for the tip I am sure it might feel funny without baby being in there yet but it makes sense to figure it out now before you’re in pain from recovering 
  • Options
    @dimeadozen my childhood bff is there now having a blast! I hope the girls like it 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream thank you! Hope she has fun as well. I’m a pretty timid person, so I don’t think I’d make the cut for the “traditional” New Orleans type parades so a children’s parade seems more up my alley 🙃, especially since DH is working and I’ll be juggling the girls by myself 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick that's awesome! 
  • Options
    Random: does anyone sell on Poshmark? I just tried it for the first time today. I have so many things that I never wear, or things brand new with tags that I never wore, or things from my pre-pregnancy days that I will probably never fit in again haha. I just posted on there for the first time and there’s already 195 people following me - is that a thing people do to try to get you to look at their stuff or something??

Any tips for selling stuff on Poshmark? Or any other similar apps/websites you recommend? My stuff is kind of all over the map - today I listed a pair of Kate spade shoes, a nic+zoe sweater, and a pair of mother jeans that still have the tags on, so higher end stuff but I also have plenty of run of the mill stuff from like the Loft.

Also, same question but for baby stuff - I have plenty of stuff that was gifted to me and not really my style for baby, but still nice and some even with tags on. Do people sell baby stuff on Poshmark? Or any suggestions for where to sell baby clothes?
  • Options
    @twizzleraddict1 I’ve purchased and sold on Poshmark. From my experience in selling, bundling items is really beneficial. And, people will typically buy expensive brands. For example, I had a couple baby Boden things and Nordstrom brand things that I was able to sell within the day of posting. The process is easy. Poshmark will give you step by step directions on shipping it out.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    We took DS to a science museum (geared towards children) this weekend because he is super into outer space right now. While overall we had a blast, the outer space exhibit was lacking. They had a planetarium but DS (4) couldn't sit through the entire thing and other than that had nothing on planets. Considering they had full on exhibits for everything else we went to (dinosaurs, ocean/submaries, electricity, etc.) it really was quite disappointing. 
  • Options
    @darkrose88 I can't recall where you are from right now, but I remember once visiting the air and space museum in DC and it was probably one of my favorite museum experiences growing up.
  • Options
    @darkrose88 ugh what a bummer!! Did he at least enjoy it other wise?
  • Options
    @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 we live in Ohio. MH actually said something very similar when he suggested we take DS there. He absolutely loved going there while growing up. I'm hoping DS will end up with fond memories too. 

@paytonpedro yes thankfully he did have a good time. DS was enthralled by so much of the museum and had a blast exploring and interacting with the various exhibits (dinosaur, electricity, ocean, etc.). It is such a shame their outer space exhibit was lackluster in comparison. 
  • Options
    @darkrose88 what a bummer about the planets. I love going to the Franklin Institute in Philly. There are a lot of cool exhibits there, but they can be hit or miss sometimes with things. 
  • Options
    Thanks @and_peggy

@bridgiebee82 where are you from? We’re within driving distance of Philly, I need to add the Franklin Institute to our list of places to go. 
  • Options
    @twizzleraddict1 I live in NJ, outside of Philly.
  • Options
    @darkrose88 Pittsburgh's Carnegie Science Center is also great, depending on what part of Ohio you are in to take a day trip. I just volunteered there through work on Friday. They actually just had a space themed day this past fall that we helped organize.
  • Options
    @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 unfortunately we are further south/west (closer to the KY & IN boarders) so Philadelphia would be a hike. I might have to check out Indianapolis to see if they have any good museums with space exhibits that way. 
  • Options
    @aukeev I’m glad you’re doing ok for the most part. Take your time getting better. Whenever you’re ready to come back we are here. Also we have started migrating to the private group so send a request to 822 Regulars 
  • Options
    Poll: does anyone else’s decently behaved children act like BANSHEES every time they get on the phone to handle business? Just me? Monday morning - 🙃🙃🙃🙃
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dimeadozen Mine do! I consider us lucky that MH and I were able to go back to in-person work and our kids went back to in-person school in August 2020, but on the other hand, that means that our kids never learned how to behave while parent is on the phone like a lot of pandemic children did.
  • Options
    @dimeadozen my dd will mostly still play independently but then also makes her toys yell. Lol 
  • Options
    @dimeadozen YES! One of my all time favorite stories is when my husband was on the phone with Waste Management going through the automated prompts and our daughter in the background screaming at the top of her lungs "What is RESIDENTIAL!!!!???"
  • Options
    @dimeadozen. Every. Single. Time. I. Get. On. The. Phone. Even if I do it at the other end of the house with closed doors and they are outside. It’s like they have spidey senses. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    darkrose88darkrose88 member
    edited February 2022
    @dimeadozen you just described my DS to a T. MH had to make a serious phone call this morning and DS was literally a following a few feet behind him signing and dancing... I had to grab him and distract him so DH could wrap up the call. 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream Thank you <3 I hit the request button on the group, but nothing happened? 
  • Options
    @aukeev is should pop up asking you “why do you want to join” I’ll look to see if I see anything on my end 
  • Options
    @aukeev I sent a request. Try now
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @dimeadozen DD2 freaks out when I open the front door to answer it (bad in the summer when DD1's friends come by constantly, big neighborhood of kids). Both my dog barking and DD2 screaming...fun times. And YES on the phone, too. I don't know why! She'll be fine and the second I get a call she freaks out and NEEDS attention. Ah kids.