August 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 2/21

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/21

• Options
    @twizzleraddict1 I live in southwest Louisiana. I know there’s priority for certain incomes because there isn’t enough space for everyone, however it seems unfair to specifically not allow higher incomes. If there’s no room and you turn me away, totally fine, but to completely exclude… my daughter’s education is important too! 

@darkrose88 thank you! How exciting to feel a kick!! Such a great reassurance that baby is happy doodling around in there ☺️
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dimeadozen In Pennsylvania free education starts at kindergarten, and preschool/PreK is neither required nor part of the public school system. More recently, though, there is this program called PreK Counts for lower income families to be able to get PreK in a public elementary school for free. Most people pay to go to private or church-based preschools, but since it's not required, nobody is being forced to pay for it. If you don't qualify for PreK Counts and you don't want to or can't pay for preschool, you simply don't have to send your kid. But at least around where I live, most people still do some sort of preschool (a little less right now with the pandemic) because a lot of parents work and do daycare anyway and either keep sending their kids to the daycare center for PreK or, if their schedule allows (like mine does), switching their kid to a preschool at 3 because preschools are way less expensive than daycares.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wisewitch222 thank you for sharing how it is in your state. I don’t mind paying at all, just don’t want to be excluded, if I explained that we’ll enough. We’d rather pay 1/3 more and send her private versus put her in daycare with no real school setting. 

@starkette oooh sales! I’m going to look. Glad you scored!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @starkette the Doona is one cent cheaper on their site. Kinda seems like a jump on it! Haha 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @starkette I didn’t see much of a sale except you get extra rewards after purchase for a future item? Unless I’m missing something. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @coco2787 You have to find the page with car seat deals. There's only deals on a few models, and I think only one of them is an infant bucket and it's the Graco one. 
  • Options
    @coco2787 It's on specific models. I clicked a link sent to me and it took me right to the page...HERE IT IS
  • Options
    @starkette thank you! Those are an amazing deal. It feels too early to be buying a car seat but we need slim ones to fit 3 across so I feel like I shouldn’t pass it up! 

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Options
    @coco2787 never too early to buy car seats! Coming from a mama of a 23 weeker.  :D  but honestly, you can't go wrong with many of these models. They are really good ones! Especially the graco slimfit because we need 3 across, too. Even though I love Chicco and was tempted to get those....I'm not certain if they'll fit.
  • Options
    I know you've shared that your dd was a 23 weeker but now that we're all getting to second tri, man that is not far away 😳
  • Options
    @cas060 yea....tell me about it. It's weird to think about!
  • Options
    and_peggyand_peggy member
    edited February 2022
    @starkette that’s not Buybuybaby website. It shows up as www.Vryxd.com

I just bought that same seat from BBB today. For $207. I think you maybe got scammed? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    starkettestarkette member
    edited February 2022
    @and_peggy hope not! If so, I did it through paypal pay later and it's pretty good about giving money back for things like this so I'm not panicking but...boo. Now I feel stupid.
  • Options
    @starkette I’ve been neurotically looking for deals on that seat so my flags when you when I saw the price you listed. Hope you can get your money back!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Wow! That’s so crazy! I just looked again though and the extend2fit is on sale at buy buy baby lol - https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/graco-extend2fit-convertible-car-seat/5213432
  • Options
    @and_peggy I'm sure I can, haven't had an issue with paypal disputes. They're pretty resonable, especially since it looks scammy when you actually go to the transaction info on paypal. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    @twizzleraddict1 just fyi

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Haha oh yes, I was on the BBB website for $167, not $67.
  • Options
    @starkette unfortunately car seats are one of those things you’ll never find a fantastic deal on. Don’t get me wrong, there’s definitely sales, but for car seats - if it seems too good to be true it probably is. But it’s gross that people are out there trying to scam honest people who work for their money. 
    Hoping you get your seats but I’d definitely go over them with a fine tooth comb if you do get them!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    coco2787coco2787 member
    edited February 2022
    @starkette I ended up not buying them because it seemed sus when I tried to login with my BBB account and it didn’t work. If they do end up sending you something take a video of the unboxing, sometimes these scam websites send things of similar weights so the tracking looks like they sent you what you ordered and it makes it harder to dispute. And don’t feel dumb, that website looked really legit, especially since they accept PayPal. 

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Options
    @starkette Good luck with PayPal... I got scammed a couple years ago with a high demand Christmas gift item and kept getting handed back and forth to different robots, never got a human. My credit card company was able to bail me out in the end though.
  • Options
    Just a ghost town this weekend. Where’s the drama ladies?? Lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Boring Betty over here. Not much to add today. I spent most of the day on the couch minus about 30 minutes cleaning out a bookshelf. 

Tomorrow I’m going to my parents for lunch though and my mom said she made brownies AND blondies today. And she’s making homemade pizza tomorrow. 
  • Options
    I had to work this morning and it was stupid so I came home and took a nap. Lol. But it’s my last day of work before vacation 🥳
  • Options
    @itsme215 boring days are treasured, especially in pregnancy. 
    You’re hitting the jackpot tomorrow, jealous of it alllll 😋
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @paytonpedro sorry your day wasn’t great, but naps are andddd yay, vacation! Going anywhere exciting? 

@wigglyicecream I saw there’s an August 2022 private group made - is that our future board?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We had a stressful day with family today and then we were supposed to have a babysitter tonight when we got home from seeing family (knew we would be exhausted) and on the drive home, the babysitter canceled 😩
  • Options
    @leahrnmom I’ve done it pregnant once and am about to do it again. I think it would totally be fine. We did a fl trip when ds2 was 6 months to the beach and my aunts and it was easy peasy!!! 
  • Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited February 2022
    @dimeadozen were going to FL to spend a week with my aunt and then we’re doing Disney for almost a week! Super excited and ready to get out of this snow globe I live in!!
  • Options
    @leahrnmom we just went to Disney in November with our 7 month old (at the time) and she LOVED it! It was super easy and we all had a really great time! There were so many rides we could take her on and fun things for her to experience.
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream @dimeadozen I legit thought that was a spin-off page from someone who didn't like our main page when it said in the description that individual threads are welcome. 🤦
  • Options
    @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 @dimeadozen there are 2 private groups. Our future group is called 8/22 Regulars. The other group that says open to one off threads is a spin off from somebody. Our future group has 0 discussions in it. 

@dimeadozen I figured it would be helpful since I’ll be a c section mom this time. Trying to set myself up for success