August 2022 Moms

January appointments

2»

Re: January appointments

• @onlygooddays08 are you having the NIPT done at all? My OB explained to me today that since the NIPT is a more accurate screening than the NT scan they typically no longer do the ultrasound where they take the neck fold measurements. I’ll be getting a 12 week scan but it’ll just be to check on growth and stuff, there won’t be any other measurements since I’m having the NIPT done. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Loading the player...
  • @coco2787 yes, we'll probably do the NIPT, mainly because we are really, really excited to know the gender ASAP! I can see how the NIPT is way more reliable than using ultrasound as the first screening tool. Anyway, I got a message in my portal from my NP saying everything looked "perfectly normal," so yay!!!
  • @betsummerswilliams how exciting! Surely they'll let your partner come with you. My hospital just changed its policy two days before my ultrasound from two guests (any ages) to only one adult visitor. Visitor policies don't seem quite as draconian now as when the pandemic first started and I heard stories of pregnant women not being allowed any guests at all.
  • @leahrnmom thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way! Sometimes when they’re so little they’re hard to find with a Doppler so I hope the u/s eases your worries!
  • @leahrnmom Thinking of you and hoping all is well on the scan. 
  • @leahrnmom I just said out loud, "Oh thank God!" 😊  so happy you had a positive US experience. 
  • Thanks for the love ladies. It was so nice to see babe and I can't wait to take these meds 🙈
  • @leahrnmom the same as @bridgiebee82 I literally said “Oh Thank God!” out loud! Yay for a wiggly baby!!

@mdfarmchick so glad you got to see your little one in there! And yay for your meds being approved!
  • @mdfarmchick FX your progesterone levels have gone up! They never retested mine (I got put on progesterone at 6 weeks) and they just wanted me on meds until I hit my second trimester. It is nice they are testing yours so you can go off them if they've improved. 
  • @darkrose88 thanks. I had to ask for him to retest because I have the worst side effects from it. I had to take them until second trimester with my last two pregnancies and it sucks. Are you having a bunch of side effects?
  • @mdfarmchick I have felt dizzy from the medicine but that's not usually an issue because I take it right before sleeping. Otherwise I've had no other symptoms. That really sucks you have side effects from it though.
  • @coco2787 yes! Woohoo!
    Blood draw for me tomorrow to check on Rh antibodies. Hopefully they’re just leftovers from rhogam shot I received in September 
  • Had my initial OB visit today.  I had gestational diabetes my last pregnancy, so I had to do a 1hr early glucose screen. I failed! 😞  They have me scheduled for the 3 hour next week. Not only do I have to fast, but they also draw blood each hour. Considering how nauseous I get on an empty stomach, this is going to be really challenging. Booooooo.
  • @malloryfrommn ugh I’m so sorry! I hope the 3hr isn’t too bad and you pass! Definitely recommend bringing a snack or something for immediately after the test is done so you don’t have to wait any longer. Also, try to go first thing in the morning if you can. That way you don’t have to fast any longer than necessary. 
  • @malloryfrommn I’m sorry, the 3 hour test is the worst! I didn’t have GD with my previous kids, but their giant birth weights have earned me an early glucose test too. Good luck next week! 
  • Long post ahead: Not sure if this belongs in appointments or symptoms. Talked with my doctor yesterday about my previous high BP readings. Over the 10+ years that I have been going there, on two visits I had higher blood pressure, the last time being at the end of 2020 when I had gained extra weight and wasn't exercising. Turned things around over the last year, lost 20lbs and my BP had been normal all of 2021 and has still been normal during this first trimester. My doctor was on the fence on if I should be considered chronic hypertensive since I've had a history of higher BP, but my new baseline is normal. Considering me CH would mean extra monitoring, which my husband and I think is a good idea. But if my blood pressure starts to increase at all throughout the pregnancy, they would just say oh that's your normal rather than it being caused by pregnancy. I don't think we have anything to worry about immediately, but it was definitely a confusing conversation. Guess I need to just stick to the salads, keep my sodium intake low, and continue working out. Probably a unique situation, but if anyone has any advice, it's appreciated!
  • @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 I don't really have any advice but I can see how that would be concerning. I would talk to the Dr about what specifically they would consider gestational hypertension if they did consider you having chronic HTN. If you're comfortable with the number that they give I'd probably go for the extra monitoring. If they say something quite high from where you are now I might be concerned. 
  • @malloryfrommn that sucks! I hope you pass the three hour. 
  • @paytonpedro mine is today too and I’m so crazy nervous. Good NT scan vibes to both of us!! 
  • @paytonpedro @itsme215 I hope you both have great scans. I’m jealous I have to wait until tomorrow for mine. 
  • @itsme215 I hope your scan goes well today! Currently waiting in the waiting room 😬😬

@wigglyicecream only one more day!! I hope today flies for you!!
  • malloryfrommnmalloryfrommn member
    edited January 2022
    I'm learning my OB doesn't do NT scans. I had my 7 week dating ultrasound, and next up is the 20 week anatomy scan. Nothing else in between. I remember it being that way with DS a few years ago. 

She also doesn't do doppler before 12 weeks because you can't always reliably find the HB. My next appointment isn't until week 15, so I have no way of knowing that everything is okay in there for another 4 weeks!

All that said, that is way too long for me to wait. I ended up booking an US at a boutique in a few weeks, just so I can get reassurance that all is well. My PGAL brain really needs to see some wiggles and a heartbeat. 

Best of luck to those getting NT scans this week! 💜

• @itsme215 and @paytonpedro I hope both of your scans go perfectly! 

@malloryfrommn my doctor doesn’t do the NT anymore either but she ordered me a peace of mind 12 week scan, there’s no way could I go from dating scan to AS without checking on baby. Glad you’re getting a bonus ultrasound done! 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @malloryfrommn I agree that is way too long and I’m so glad you scheduled an u/s!!! I hear you on the pgal brain, today was a definite relief for me! Have you ever asked about if they offer them? Or have they just never offered them to you?
  • @paytonpedro it's actually this thread that made me realize I was missing a potential screen! I didn't realize it with DS because I just went with their recommended appointments/scans. It's just not part of their offerings. I'm glad I booked the boutique u/s! It will help a ton.
  • @malloryfrommn oh wow! Yeah I would maybe question why they don’t offer or recommend that screening. I’m kind of curious myself honestly. But yes! So glad you’re getting that boutique u/s!