August 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms 1/17

124»

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/17

• @paytonpedro Etsy! Tons of cute stuff there
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Loading the player...
  • @and_peggy ok I’ve totally been on Etsy! So either I haven’t seen these ones, or I did and I’ve already forgotten! 
  • @paytonpedro I have seen similar ones at Caden Lane too. I don’t know if you have ordered their stuff previously. 
  • @and_peggy such a cute idea to keep outfits from previous births...I so didn't do that. Boo. I was so rushed with my first, being induced early and unexpectedly, that my hospital bag had an outfit but it wasn't THE outfit I wanted. Oh well. And with my preemie, she just went home in the outfit I happened to have that was newborn size- we were in a different state and though I'd brought some stuff, I didn't really think too hard about going home outfits. I know sooo many preemie parents who had such adorable graduation outfits for going home and I was just so burned out I didn't even have the brain power to think about it. 
  • @mdfarmchick ive seen their adds on Pinterest and have saved quite a few but haven’t purchased anything from them yet! Have you? Worth it? I do love their pastel rainbow blankets. 
  • @and_peggy thank youuuuu!!! ❤️
  • @paytonpedro I bought a swaddle blanket and knotted gown for my third. I really loved the quality, especially for the price. The swaddle was one of MH’s favorite blankets to swaddle with
  • @mdfarmchick thank you for sharing! I love some of their floral as well so it’s so awesome to know a) they’re reputable and b) they’re good quality for the price!! I am very eager to find out what this baby is so I can start shopping!
  • I love the Caden lane stuff. I will definitely get some things once I know the sex. I do like white though. 
  • @bridgiebee82 I’m sorry people say stuff like that!! It seems that people go from saying “You have all the time in the world! Wait till you are in your 30’s!” to “Are you sure you still want to be having kids?” SO FAST!! Like firstly we all have different timeframes, secondly our timeframes often fail us, and thirdly, with modern science, it’s normal to get pregnant in your 40’s, so why on earth are people telling anyone what the proper age range is?🙄 I have a close friend who got married a month after me and *TW* had a stillbirth with her first, *END TW* has a healthy 1 year old, and another coming. Her mom just gave birth to her ELEVENTH healthy baby a couple years ago at the age of 43. I’m sure she’s gotten hate, but her family is so full of love. Families need to be allowed to be full of love, not told how to live their lives!!

@coco2787 YES!!!!!! I second the nesting thing. I LOVE ORGANIZING!! But getting my own food and doing any single chore has me on the couch! We have a crowded office, Library, and surplus space as our 2nd apartment room and it’ll end up being half office, half nursery. It’ll take a big chunk of time but will be sooooo exciting!! There’s also a possibility we would buy a house before baby comes, but the market is bad, inflation is up, and we have college loans to pay, so I’m going to assume we’ll start out here. And at least upsizing is easier than downsizing!!

@and_peggy I love those coming home outfits!!😍 I’ve recently been thinking about planning a coming home outfit, but we’re waiting to get anything much newborn sized until we know the gender. They’re so tinyyyy!
  • @leahrnmom If your current boy and girl are young enough they could share a room for a couple years until baby outgrows the crib and you can group them by gender at that time. Also, re: bassinet - we never had one. We have this random extra twin bed from grad school that goes in the baby's room with the crib. That way, baby sleeps in the crib from day 1 so there's no transitioning, and I could sleep in there with him for the first 3-4 months when he got up multiple times a night to breastfeed. That's our plan for #3 as well. 
  • @bridgiebee82 I’m sorry people in your life are sticking their noses where they don’t belong.  BTW I think we’re close in age, and H is going be 44 next month. 

@wigglyicecream I work in furniture, and our lead time is currently 24 weeks + shipping.  It is very smart to order as soon as possible.
  • @meagan822 and @lmaplejc thank you for your kind words. I agree. My mom had my little brother, her 5th child, at 38. Just because I'm starting out now doesn't mean I'm too old. I just got married in August for heaven's sake, and didn't want children with anyone but my husband! That's what I tell people when they pry too much. "Well, you would have judged me harshly had I gotten pregnant while unmarried." They all did it to my cousin who has a wonderful 11 year old son, but some of my extended family were nasty. I'll never forget telling off my one aunt about it. Eleven babies! Whoooooo that's awesome! I come from a big family and I love it! 
  • @wisewitch222 they probably could. They sometimes sleep in the same bed now and they sleep better. I definitely need to give it some thought, I love my bed lol. I would really prefer to keep the baby out of the older kids room until the baby is a bit older so that might be a good idea. 
  • @leahrnmom I'm from the burgh and glad your family got to enjoy one of the amazing museums here! There's also the children's museum, the science center, and in better weather our zoo is pretty great if you are ever looking for more adventures for your kids! Idlewild Park, just outside of the area, has an area called Storybook Forest, which has scenes from all the classic nursery rhymes.
  • @leahrnmom Yeah, I definitely wouldn’t put a baby in an older kid’s room until they’re reliably sleeping through the night, 9-10 months at least. I think co-ed sibling rooms is not weird for young children.
  • @leahrnmomwe may end up being in the same boat, at least until we can buy a bigger house. We have a 3 bedroom house but the third bedroom is my office. I'm fully remote and DH is a SAHD (so kids will be at home) so an office is a must for me. We plan to keep baby in our bedroom until they are sleeping through the night and then afterwards I'm hoping they can bedroom share with DS until we can move. 
  • @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 I have been to the science center and the zoo a number of times. Usually once a summer we travel to the Pittsburgh zoo and the Cleveland zoo. We went to Oakmont bakery today. It was so impressive. 
  • Our neighbor just ran over in a panic. Her husband has Alzheimer’s and he left the house so MH is going to help look for him. It’s getting dark here. 
  • @mdfarmchick prayers you find him
  • @mdfarmchick praying you find him! 🙏🏻 
  • So glad they found him!!
  • @mdfarmchick phew that's scary. I've seen door alarms, that are cheap and go off when the sensors are not together because the door opened. Glad they found him!
  • @leahrnmom she has all of those. He was gone for maybe 10 minutes. I think it happened when she was taking the dog out for a walk, just based on the time of day, but I’m not sure. I didn’t ask her for details since obviously it was a huge emergency. She texted me after and said she has a tracker that she needs to set up so hopefully it won’t happen again. All in all, he was only missing for about 30 minutes total and the good news is that nothing bad happened. She was so apologetic for bothering us and I wish she didn’t feel that way. It was definitely not a bother. 
  • @mdfarmchick a tracker is a good idea, I never would have thought of that. So glad they have you for neighbors!
  • @zzz2022 thanks for the tip. I think I've tried that too, because when I'm trying to stay up (e.g. when reading a boring book) my eyes start drooping, so I try to do that in bed, staring at the ceiling until my eyes feel sleepy. Is that like what you were referring to? Sometimes it works but not that time. 

Btw I'm amused about your name juxtaposed with your sleep advice! 😄

@mdfarmchick that's so scary; I'm glad they found him and he was ok!
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers