August 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/17

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/17

• Options
    Yes to all of the above! Lurking and time being slow! 
  • Options
    @starkette  Hoping you feel better soon!

@wigglyicecream I saw that Oct opened, so crazy.  I was so confused today.  I always just automatically click on the second month down (which is now Sept) and I was like “where am I?!” 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @and_peggy not tubes, but I am considering IUD. (Not the hormonal kind. I do not want hormones.) But I'm definitely ready to be done having kids after 3 and so is my spouse and an IUD would provide an extra layer of protection and peace of mind.
  • Options
    @and_peggy  my fiancé and I have discussed him getting a vasectomy after this baby is born. I didn’t do well with my IUD after DD was born so that’s a no for me and I don’t want any more surgeries if I can avoid them. I’m 100% done since I can no longer have vaginal births and don’t want to have to have repeat c sections. With my surgical history from other injuries and stuff the risk to reward isn’t there for me. Also I’m already putting school and my future career on hold for this baby (which I don’t mind) but I’m not getting any younger. I’ll be 35 in august and thinking about trying to recover from a c section at 36,37 etc with 2 kids is just not in my cards. 
  • Options
    @wisewitch222 so all our kids were planned. I’m extremely impulsive and I don’t think I’ll ever feel done. But may really regret doing something permanent. Ugh. But I also don’t know about IUDs or bc. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @and_peggy Yeah, all our kids were planned too, and we have been excellent about using non-invasive and non-hormonal forms of contraception for the eight years since I stopped BCP after we were married. So I'm waffling on the IUD and might decide not to get one, but I know the easiest time to get one is after you have a baby while your cervix is still open, and it can be in there for ten years, and it just might not be a bad idea since we are not surprise people and don't want any surprises. I'm going to talk to my doctor about them at least.
  • Options
    @paytonpedro this is where I fit too. I feel like it would be easier if I was already having a C-section but I’m not (unless something happens). I would expect a vaginal delivery as I’ve had 4 uncomplicated ones. So adding in a surgery later, more money, time to recover, just doesn’t seem right either.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @and_peggy I am planning to get my tubes tied after the c-section (I’ve read they can package deal this thing so you don’t have to have a separate procedure). If I wasn’t able to get pregnant with this baby we were planning for my husband get a vasectomy. This is baby #3, and I will be 39 when the baby comes. No judgement at all to anyone who decides to take that road, but I just personally am not up for motherhood again after the age of 40. If I had started earlier I would definitely consider more children, but that wasn’t the way it worked out for us. 

@wisewitch222 I cannot caution strongly enough against the copper IUD. I don’t react well to hormonal birth control, and after #2 we wanted something a little easier than FAM, so I got one. Even though it’s not hormonal it did weird things to my cycle. I ended up with 22-24 day cycles, with 12 days of excessive bleeding, I’m talking filling a menstrual cup every hour or two. I was severely anemic by the time I finally had it out. I waited almost a year because supposedly it was going to get better but it only got worse. Everyone is different but I felt like my OBGYN really didn’t tell me how common this experience is. 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit thanks for offering your opinion. I also really won’t consider and IUD because I’ve heard so many scary things about them and personally know women who had them with negative results.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @geshem I'm a little late with this one, but I once learned a trick in times of insomnia that often does help. If I feel like I just cannot get back to sleep, I'll have this talk with myself like "Okay, if you want to be up, be up." There's something about committing to being awake (not fully committing by getting out of bed, just mentally) that sends the mind in the other direction -- the direction of sleep that is! Happy snoozing :smile:
  • Options
    @coco2787 mine is similar. I just need to start feeling more connected and more like this is really happening so I can start planning better. With shipping delays I’m wondering when would be best time to start looking at furniture for babe 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream my dad works in the furniture industry and told me the other day that one of their companies has a 8-9 month lead time on gliders! so I’ve already missed the window for ordering from that one. The other 2 brands he works with have a 3-4 month lead time so we’re going to be ordering from one of them pretty soon! 
  • Options
    @itsme215 thank you for the insight. I’m going to call around shortly and see what’s available and how long wait times are. Luckily baby can and will sleep in a bassinet for the first few months
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 I hope you know my comments above were absolutely from a place of no judgement and I’m sorry you’ve received nasty comments from a friend about your choices. It’s up to each woman to decide what’s right for herself and her family, and it’s shitty when people judge other people’s choices. 

@paytonpedro @bridgiebee82 With the exception of the IUD situation, I have primarily used Fertility Awareness Method, which similar to NFP, and it’s been super successful for us both when trying and avoiding pregnancy. I’ve charted for something like 7 years, and I completely relate to it being a lot of work! 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit I didn't feel judged at all by you. It's people that talk to me in person. I'm like, you've known me my whole life, why would you say that? 

@wigglyicecream I feel you on that one. I have some ridiculousness going on in my body. But so far, aside from having covid, I've felt better physically during my pregnancy than I do normally! 
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 I remember you sharing your story. I’m so glad pregnancy is treating you well! Also I’m so excited to live vicariously through you and the other MOMs. I’ve always romanticized the idea of twins and they even run in my family but it wasn’t in my cards. 
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 I agree. Our community is great here! Let me know how they turn out
  • Options
    @itsme215 same! @bridgiebee82 he’s going to buy you an SUV? Can I adopt him?? I don’t even need a car… I just want ILs that love me. :D 
  • Options
    @fuzzywombat What kind of IUD? Honestly, I appreciate the horror stories but statistics and risk factors will do more to influence my decision (along with personal advice from my doctor).
  • Options
    @and_peggy Those are darling ❤️
  • Options
    @and_peggy those are absolutely adorable and I also get the sentimental idea of wearing the ones you bought your kids home in. After the little speech from MFM yesterday I was also allowing myself to looking at coming home outfits. I’m thinking white for this baby. :smile: