May 2022 Moms

The Great Big Name Thread

Re: The Great Big Name Thread

• I have a new favorite name: Larkin 
  • Loading the player...
  • @annashaf oh yayyyyy!!! 💗💗💗💗 Beautiful name!! 

• Thanks ladies! We’d been struggling with a middle name that had some familial importance and also that flowed with “Sofia. Our last name starts with S as well, so had ruled out any middle names that started with S and ended in an “ah” sound. Was also aiming for 5-6 syllables for the first-middle combo to match our other girls. Anyway, I had gone through the family genealogy stuff on all sides and came up blank. I’d been ignoring the boy names. Then my dad suggested Frances as my grandfather’s name was Francis. He was the only grandparent I actually knew and was QUITE the character. I immediately fell in love with the name. ♥️♥️ And hubby isn’t protesting. He had no better ideas, after all.
  • MrsLaLaBugMrsLaLaBug member
    edited January 2022
    So last night DH threw a curveball and was like - “why not just name her after you? (Lauren) And we can call her LaLa too!” 
    Ummm. No. I’m not against using Lauren as a middle name at all - we have other family names as middles, but I feel like she needs her OWN name. And LaLa is a nickname that started when I was a kid bc my sister couldn’t say my name until she was like 5 and it just stuck around my whole life. Like I realize we are just lost on naming this poor baby but I do want her to have somewhat of her own identity. 

• @MrsLaLaBug I agree with you on the identity thing. My mother and I share a middle name, the name of one of her great aunts. I love it! But I couldn’t imagine being first name twins with my mom! Family names are awesome, though. Riley Charles is both of my grandfathers. I think ancestors are also a good source of names. We had Harvey on our list and none of us ever knew this Harvey on my mother’s side. 
  • @MrsLaLaBug ohhhh husbands. Agreed on the identity thing. Using your name as a middle name would be great, not so much a first name! 
  • @MrsLaLaBug I agree too, and think Lauren would be a nice middle name.

DH and DD shot down all of my name suggestions so I officially give up. I’m officially joining team Baby No Name. 😂
  • @fireflyz_56 welcome to team no name 😂 DH and I are hopeless. We literally haven’t even discussed names in at least 3 weeks so idk how we think we’re going to figure this out
  • @fireflyz_56 welcome to team no name!! 😂😂
    @skc040512 same here. Weeks. My kids still ask every few days though. 😂

• our team our team no name is still going strong. We even capitalize it now in discussions 
  • @skc040512 We took a couple weeks hiatus from talking about names and then decided on them within a few days.. so maybe there is hope for you yet!!
    Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • I've probably said it before and I'll say it again... nothing wrong with a "baby no name"! 😂😂 I mean, sure, the nurses get frustrated 24 hrs after birth because they *still* don't know what to call your baby...but it's fine! The name placard on their crib/bassinet thingy always just says BB or BG "last name" anyway 🙃
  • sph97sph97 member
    edited January 2022
    My husband didn't have a name until birth! My MIL said she couldn't decide on a name until she looked at him, and he had a name by the end of that day lol.
    I use to joke and say that's what I was gonna do, but we actually picked out our baby boys name before he was conceived (we had been trying, of course and had an angel baby). We never did decide on a girl name, so good thing we're having a boy lol! 
    His name is Joshua Boden (my husbands name + a family name)
    We're calling him "Bodie" (Bo-dee) as his nickname, and it's stuck pretty well. Our niece (2yo) loves to come up and "talk" to "Baby Bodie" lol. My husband really wants his nickname to be JB, so we'll see lol.
  • @pajamstagrams all of my kids have been baby no name, but we usually at least have a list of *some* names we like by now lol. With DD1, we had like a top 3 going to the hospital and named her a few hours after birth. DD2 we had another top 3, gave birth, decided we didn’t like any of the names, and took another day and a half to name her lol. DS we had like 5 names and about a day after he was born I just looked at DH and was like “let’s just name him X” 😂 Our hospital actually will personalize all the things/use baby’s name during delivery if you already have it picked out so I would still mention it to your nurse if you’ve decided before you arrive!

@b_1029 I love it!! *If* we ever settle on s name, I want to get a personalized outfit from Caden & Lane because they’re freaking adorable 
  • @skc040512 ahhh their stuff is adorable! I’ve never bought anything but get their ads all the time. 

This is the hat I bought, I’m obsessed! Also I love the name Blair/Blaire! 

• @skc040512 my midwives have started to call LO by his name every time we go in. I love it and it really makes it feel so real! 

@b_1029 omg that's adorable 😍
  • @b_1029 Love the name! So cute!

@skc040512 I've never heard of Caden Lane but now I want all the things.  Their stuff is adorable!

• +1 for Caden lane. That stuff is sooo cute. 

Our top name currently is Larkin. Any middle name suggestions?? 
  • @tacosandtums omg I love it!! I have a good friend and her daughter is Larkin Lou. Larkin was a family name for them and that little girl is just so precious 💗💗💗

• @tacosandtums I love the name Larkin! One of my childhood friend’s parents named their youngest that and I had never heard it before. Hmmm middle names…Rose or Marie, I think you said Kathleen was a family name? That could work too! 
  • ahhh thank you!! Kathleen is a family name but I don’t like it with Larkin for some reason. I was thinking something short and sweet like Grace, Rose, Joy etc…
  • I LOVE Larkin Grace @tacosandtums. But LJ is also a very cute nickname if you go with Joy! I also think Larkin Jane is very cute!
  • @coffeemamaaaaa ooooh Jane is a good one!!!
  • 2nd for Larkin Grace! What a pretty name! 
  • Love Larkin Grace!! 
  • I love the name Larkin and think it would go great with any of those but I like Jane the best! But I’m biased LOL 😂 

• Yay @runninginva!!! 

• @tacosandtums awww, I love it! Has a good ring to it! 
  • @tacosandtums absolutely LOVE it!!! 🌹

• @brookejay06 love James! It’s classic!
  • Love it @brookejay06!! 

• @tacosandtums yay! Congratulations! It's such a good feeling, isn't it? And @brookejay06 wahoo! That's a sweet name!