FTM/STM/TTM+:

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?

Rants/raves:

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check-In Week of 1/24

• Loading the player...
  • @rbflei I didn’t realize they had ones with belly cut outs! I’m definitely going to look into getting one! Thank you!! Any brand recommendations? 

It’s too bad they’re not offering a virtual or similar option for your work event unless someone declines. I’ve also had to turn down a lot of invitations and events these past couple months. It’s not easy to juggle social/work pressures and your personal safety during these COVID times. Props to you for not getting pressured into compromising your comfort levels! 🙌

@robbenson Happy birthday!🎉 Sorry to hear you’re feeling discouraged about your blood pressure. There’s only so much we can control during these pregnancies and so much is out of our hands. Remind yourself you’re doing everything you can right now it make sure you have a healthy pregnancy for your baby boy.❤️

@kiwi2628 That sounds awful! Will the compression underwear help to treat it or is it just something you’ll have to manage that’ll resolve after birth?

@shlecks Happy birthday to your DS!! He must have had a blast with all his friends there and the taste testing event!

@jessabelle05 I’m with you there on the disbelief! Reality is finally kicking in that I’m roughly t-minus 19 weeks until he’s actually here!!

@aloha_mama Have you tried or heard of the app, Insight Timer? I use it every day to do a guided meditation in the morning and a yoga nidra track while I’m falling asleep. I love it!! There’s an actual meditation timer if you want to just play music and set it for a certain time so you don’t have to keep checking the clock, but they also have a huge library of free guided meditation tracks you can play, with quite a few pregnancy specific ones too! It definitely helped me get into a daily meditation routine!

@monstera13 So glad you’re starting to feel better! I was also frustrated that I was so sick and symptomatic after being fully vaccinated, but I think since our immune systems are suppressed due to being pregnant, it makes it hit harder regardless.

@SmashJam I’m glad the PT is helping! These preggo-pains can be hard to deal with but I’ve found both chiropractic and PT have been so helpful!

Also has anyone else noticed The Bump has been super glitchy?? It took me forever to do all these tags because it’s acting up so much for me!
  • @minnie_yoga_mama Yep, I hate the Bump app for that very reason! It was like this 4.5 years ago during DS’s pregnancy and I don’t know how it hasn’t been fixed in that time!
  • @monstera13 Right?  I thought when I signed up for this board that it would all be super streamlined and so much better- NO.   They have LITERALLY changed nothing.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @minnie_yoga_mama YES! I discovered it a few weeks ago and have been loving it. There’s a few pregnancy/childbirth playlists on there that I favorited and I’ve really been enjoying it. I haven’t tried the actual timer yet but it sounds great! I usually don’t have time for more than 10-15 minutes.
  • @monstera13 @minnie_yoga_mama yes super glitchy! I couldn't even see this weekly check in yesterday/last night or this AM. I had to reload the page like 4 times. so annoying.

@aloha_mama do you have a specific yoga practice/routine/video that you follow? I definitely need to get moving a bit more while also "taking it easy" as my doc put it, but MFM said yoga would be okay since I did it for years before this pregnancy. Also, "baby friend" is the cutest phrase! 

@kiwi2628 ouch! I hope the compression underwear help. 

@robbenson sorry to hear about the elevated pressures FX it doesn't progress to PreE. 

@rbflei I find it really odd they're only offering the virtual option to a select group. It seems like they're singling people out. I would think it would be an option for everyone. 

@SmashJam I can totally empathize with you on the hip issue, my right hip keeps going numb. 

@monstera13 I hope you start to feel better very soon! 

@jessabelle05 do you take anything for your heartburn? hope you get some relief soon.

@minnie_yoga_mama glad to hear you're feeling better. 

@shlecks what a fun party! sounds like all had a good time. 

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 4/3, 30+2!

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming appointments: OB next week

How are you feeling? meh, I have good days and rough days. My hip has been going numb so OB is referring me to PT and yesterday the nausea was so bad, but rebounded today. Wearing a support belt has been helpful, but I really want to get active again. I worked out the entirety of my last pregnancy and I really think that helped with delivery and recovery. 

Rants/raves: see above hip/exercise/blah. 

Questions: I asked this in the big question thread, those of you who are TTM+ did you see any regression with your oldest/first when you next child was born? 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @kiwi2628 Oh my - that sounds uncomfortable! Hopefully the special underwear help!

@shlecks Sounds like you guys had a blast! 

@minnie_yoga_mama So glad that baby seems to be healthy after you having Covid - what a relief!

@jessabelle05 Ugh, I'm sorry your dealing with people who are 'over' Covid... I stress about getting sick a lot, and couldn't deal with all of that :(

@aloha_mama Have you tried guided body scan mediations? When I'm struggling with meditations, I find it's the one that I can always do, I think because it gives my mind something to actively do 

@monstera13 Ugh, sorry you're still feeling so tired! Hopefully you start to get some energy back soon!

@SmashJam Glad the PT is helping!

@rbflei I'd be so annoyed at that work situation... weird that they aren't requiring masks when you wear them in the office

@robbenson Aww, sorry about the BP... I really hope it turns out to be nothing

@Avrilmai We didn't see any regressions with our oldest, although I was tandem nursing, so didn't have to deal with that jealousy... he was mostly just excited or ignored her lol
  • @Avrilmai I’ve been following the yoga classes on Daily Burn. Before getting pregnant I did a lot of their HIIT and cardio/strength programs, but the prenatal yoga has been amazing— the videos are organized by trimester and the instructor is pregnant, too, so she talks a lot about safety and modifying stretches/poses and what benefits they have for pregnancy. Everything is very gentle and more about stretching things out than getting stronger or more flexible. They’re each about a half hour long but it feels good to just stretch my hips and lower back out because they feel so tight now. On the schedule they have you do one class every other day and then two rest days on the weekend.
  • @Avrilmai if you’re looking for something free on YouTube I highly recommend Bettina Rae. She specializes in yoga for fertility and pregnancy and has a wide range of classes for all different stages and pregnancy related complaints. The classes are very gentle and run anywhere from 10 to 40 ish minutes depending on how long of a class you want. She focuses a lot on poses and breathing techniques that are helpful for preparing the body for labor.
  • @fameonmain2 that is such a stressful spot to be in. I feel like every day there would be a new "better" idea that you think of and really all of them are just weighing on you with different pros and cons. I hope the insurance company comes through and makes it easier on you.
  • @jessabelle05 I feel the same way about people's attitudes to COVID. Things are really bad in our state and everyone from politicians, to friends to even my FIL who we live with are just like "Oh well, let it rip. We're all going to get it anyway." I'm NOT okay with that.

@robbenson Happy birthday!

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: April 23 / 27+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team blue/pink/green: Green

Upcoming appointments: Glucose test tomorrow. Not overly keen for it.

How are you feeling? Often tired in the day, and then unable to sleep at night. But other than that, great!

Rants/raves: Rant: I'm going back to school on Friday and I feel like all my efforts to avoid COVID so far will end up being a waste as I can just see myself getting it in the coming weeks from work. We have a staff day Friday+Monday then the kids come back on Tuesday. My principal is very blase about COVID restrictions - an example is she doesn't bother wearing a mask around us when we go in her office, even though it's mandatory. Also, she said in her email to us that we can't gather as a whole staff (so I'm not sure why our staff days aren't remote then) but then in her schedule she has us gathering all together for parts of the day??? I can see it's going to be a stressful term for me.
    Rave: Picking up my new car tomorrow afternoon! It's my first time having a brand new, non-pre owned car.

Questions: natm
  • @doxiemoxie212 a shop owner told me with my first that boys always come earlier than girls because boys are less mature - so you can take that with as much salt as you want 😆 
  • @Blondesweety444 I feel that way about my DS5 too!  He is just the sweetest kid most of the time and he cracks us up constantly.  He is picky with his food though, lol

@doxiemoxie212 YES to feeling full term.  I keep thinking HOW am I going to get bigger?  How will I fit into any clothes?  haha 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @aloha_mama Aww, "baby friend" is the cutest thing I've ever heard!

@doula-mama I love how he's thinking about doing things with his little brother! So sweet!

April 19 / 28+1 (3RD TRIMESTER!!!)
    FTM
    Team Blue

Upcoming appointment: Next week.

Feeling: Tired, hard to roll over in bed/change positions in general, hard to get in and out of bed, on and off the couch or floor, in and out of the car... Occasionally catch myself waddling... The baby has been kicking me in some uncomfortable places, but I mostly enjoy feeling him move around.

Rave: I got to go wedding dress shopping with my future SIL and her other bridesmaids, and it was so fun! She studied fashion in college and is infinitely more fashionable than me, haha. I had never gone with anyone to try on wedding dresses before (when I got mine, it was just me and my mom), so it was cool to go as a group and talk about the options to help her decide. (She was really pretty sure already, but I think she just wanted confirmation from others that it was the right choice.) Anyway, just a fun social day out, which was a nice change of pace.

Questions: Kick counting - how important is it really? I usually feel the baby move at certain times. If I'm concerned because he doesn't move when I expect him to, I can follow the advice to try to get him to move (drink something cold, etc). If he still doesn't move or I'm still concerned, I can call the doctor. Is it really necessary to do kick counting every day for the next three months?
    Me: 30 // Hubs: 31
    Married May 2019
    Baby #1 due April 19, 2022
  • @doxiemoxie212 Yes - I feel huge and like I should be much further along than just 30 weeks... my 3yo was asking me last night if there was going to be enough room in my belly as the baby got bigger/stronger lol
  • @missa_lyssa My midwife team doesn't have us do formal kick counts. They say to get used to what seems normal for baby, and then just be aware of movements; if anything seems out of the ordinary, then sit down and do a kick count, and if there is a concern to call. My kids have always been active, so I don't think I've ever actually counted movements lol
  • @missa_lyssa if I counted kicks I would be doing nothing but counting kicks all day. Every baby is different in what's normal for them, and where your placenta is located makes a difference in what you feel, etc. I think it's just like if something feels dramatically wrong then do kick counting for an hour before you call in so you can give them data.
  • @missa_lyssa Generally just do kick counts if you feel like something is abnormal! Don’t make extra work for yourself haha
  • @missa_lyssa After having COVID I was instructed to do daily kick counts for a couple weeks, but my OB told me at my appointment Monday that since everything looks good I only need to do kick counts if I notice a decrease in his normal kicking routine or frequency. If it’s generally consistent, no need to actually count!
  • I agree with how glitchy the site has been lately. Trying to respond to everyone on mobile is so frustrating and hard. I have been apart of 3 BMBs and the IF board for years before that and I feel like nothing has changed for years!! This is a major reason the move to other platforms is so nice, it makes it easier to really get to know and respond to everyone. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• @dinomeetsjedi I use an unscented detergent for all of us (and dryer balls instead of dryer sheets) because I'm sensitive to fragrance, so don't worry as much... with our first, I didn't like letting it pile up until I had a full load, so I'd mix mine and the baby's (but kept my husband's separate, as it's always dirtier). Now that we have two kids, I tend to have a load for them, but still will mix it with mine. I just do normal cycles (warm wash) unless it's something that I know needs special care (my son has merino base layers for his outdoor preschool - they are always washed cold/gentle and hung to dry), and dry on low heat (which is what I tend to use for everything except towels and bedding). 
  • monstera13monstera13 member
    edited January 2022
    @dinomeetsjedi I’m team throw it all in. But like @doula-mama , my DHs clothes are dirtier (he works in HVAC), so I wash his separately and do mine and the kids together. 
  • @dinomeetsjedi I’m big follower of the “Lazy Mom Philosophy”, so I throw everything together at once. I don’t even separate by color most days, I just don’t have the energy lol so if there are baby clothes that can’t hack it being washed with a load of towels or whatever it just goes straight into the trash when it starts fraying after a couple of washes. I’ve found most things hold up really well in just a generic, tap cold wash with regular dry cycle. I also cloth diaper so if I were to wash baby clothes separately a ton of my life would be spent washing things and I just don’t have the time or patience.