FTM/STM/TTM+:

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?

Rants/raves:

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 1/17

• Loading the player...
  • @minnie_yoga_mama the lung/heart burn combo sounds like the worst. I would just wear a shirt that says I quit.

Try a small pillow or roll up a blanket and put it under your waist. It should help alleviate some of the hip pressure. Also someone I think in the random thread had a pic of sleeping with a pillow and the one they circled has been my go to. Have a pillow right behind you so you end up kinda on your back and kinda on your side, less pressure on everything. 
  • aloha_mamaaloha_mama member
    edited January 2022
    @minnie_yoga_mama I have a body pillow that I put my top leg on so my hips are aligned and that seems to make a difference. So there is no drop of my knee or ankle to the bed, it’s all straight if that makes sense. I wish I could get one of those full body pregnancy pillows but our bed isn’t big enough! 

ETA it’s this one: super poofy and soft, I literally have to fight my cat every night to get room on it because he loves it so much, too! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H5BGBGS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share 
  • @robbenson The same thing happened with DS4 and soccer last summer (when he was 3). Physically, he could do everything they were practicing, but he just melted down emotionally for the first 3 practices. Once he got used to the coach and other players, things went better. 

@doula-mama It’s been really fun! We came out to Texas to see some of our old friends and DH’s family, who haven’t seen DS in years. We just tried to hit up as many people and yummy restaurants as we could! Headed home tomorrow. 

@kiwi2628 Omg 10 weeks sounds so short! 😱
  • @robbenson my son did the same thing at Tball for like 90% of the season. I'm sure all the other parents thought that I was just the crazy over protective parent who walked every base with him. In reality I think its hard to have everyone around the field staring at just them. Its a lot to take in!

@minnie_yoga_mama I get the same hip pain. Some nights its so bad that both hips end up unbearably sore after switching a bunch. I posted a picture of how I sleep in the questions thread that helps. I basically shove a pillow along my back and butt and then lean my weight into that. So I'm kind of sleeping halfway on my side and back. I find it to be fairly comfortable!

• @shlecks your comment reminds me of one of my favorite tik toks 😂😂 I’m assuming you’ve seen this?

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLenGRBy/
  • edited January 2022
    omg @shlecks I've never seen that version before. I'm sure that's what the tik tok was based on. So good!! :D literally crying laughing! DH thinks I'm an insane person. 

ETA: he references the youtube video in the tik tok so yes that is what it was based on! lol!
  • Estimated due date/ weeks + days: April 14 / 27+ 5

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow - gestational diabetes screening

How are you feeling? Omg the heartburn is intense. Like many of you, also struggling with insomnia but other than that, I'm feeling pretty good and am grateful I haven't had any major complications so far. 

Rants/raves: I only have one more MFM appointment!! Been seeing them every month for Crohn's but they said things have been great so I'd be safe to see the normal OB for the rest of the pregnancy after just one more appointment with them in Feb. So grateful and excited to be so close to meeting our baby 🥰

Questions: Weird question and might have been addressed in another thread but any recs for underwear? I can't fit it my normal size anymore and I like the maternity underwear I got from Amazon but I usually wear thongs under leggings. Should I just get a pack of soft things that are one size up at this point?
  • @shlecks @Blondesweety444 those had me cracking up 😂
  • @rbflei that's good advice - the hospital is about 40 minutes away but that's without traffic so I want to have most of it ready to go and with me. My ILs live next door to us so they can always bring up what I'm missing though.

@aloha_mama nice on YH to pack oreos and mini wine! I'm not sure mine would remember that ha. Also very impressed that you are even working on a journal... I haven't even taken a bump pic in weeks.... maybe months.

@doula-mama solidarity on the insomnia! Some days it's not so bad.. I'll just wake up and get my day started and that's that. But others days, like yesterday, I'm just tired all damn day. Not good for productivity.

@minnie_yoga_mama lots of hip pain over here but only when I lay on the couch, I think it's too soft and so my hip sinks too low. I guess the bed is firm enough that it doesn't happen so easily.

• Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 4/1 29+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: babies 4 and 5

Team blue/pink/green: 💙💗

Upcoming appointments: I was supposed to have one today but I’m sick so next week

How are you feeling? I’m on the ups but I came down with something fierce Sunday. Third tri+flu symptoms are no joke. 

Rants/raves: Kids+Electronics. We got a Nintendo switch and it can be nice when everybody is playing together and getting along, but policing it is already wearing me down. 

Questions: nada 
  • @shlecks Omg I belly laughed sooooo hard at that video. 🤣🤣🤣 Just sitting outside here at lunch, alone, like a pragnente weirdo.

@aloha_mama I’ve totally been doing the same! I’ve actually been writing my weekly check-ins in the notes app on my phone before pasting them here so I can go back and reference for my pregnancy journal since it’s so hard to keep up! My mom got me a baby book called The Short Years— it’s an app you download on your phone and you fill out prompted questions every week that get auto filled onto pages that you can edit, and when you’re done they ship the pages to you to put in your binder baby book. So far it’s been soooo convenient and I like it so much more than handwriting a baby book and agonizing over not being able to edit any of my errors in them!

@dinomeetsjedi Sorry to hear about the nausea. I hope you’re able to find something that helps! I’ve been the opposite— no nausea since the 1st trimester, but the food aversions are still going way too strong. The other day hubby made chicken for dinner and I took one look at it and almost gagged. On Sunday we made sweet potato hash and I took one bite and actually did gag and couldn’t finish it.

@knitkiwi I’ve been really enjoying the “no show” seamless kind of underwear because it’s super stretchy. Victoria’s Secret has that kind and Amazon has some more affordable versions of them too.

• @minnie_yoga_mama That sounds so cute, I’m going to have to check it out! 
  • Estimated due date/ weeks + days: April 7

Team blue/pink/green: Green

Upcoming appointments: Gestational Diabetes Diagnostic 2hr test Friday

How are you feeling? Depressed and anxious 

Rants/raves: Rave: Baby is doing well and we just got our glider so I can start putting the final pieces of the nursery together. Rant: Anxiety and depression are at an all time high due to testing positive on my 1hr glucose test. I have to wait a week for the 2hr test and in the meantime have cut out all sugars/empty carbs. Eating has become stressful and I've lost 3 lbs in the past 4 days despite eating lots. I've been told my weight gain is okay but it has been slow to come on (I've only put on 13-14lbs as of today). I've never been overweight and have always worked out but it seems my love for carbs and processed sugars has caught up to me. Just hope (if 2hr test is positive) that this goes away after pregnancy. My hubby and I really wanted to enjoy some dinners out before baby arrives but that won't happen anymore as I'm not going to spend the money unless I can indulge. Don't feel like going for salad.

Questions
    Anyone else struggling with their hormones lately? Or have experience with Gestational diabetes? My husband just doesn't understand how impactful fluctuating hormones can be. 

@minnie_yoga_mama Yes, same here for the hip pain. For me it is only the left hip when laying on my left side in bed. I can only manage 5-10 minutes then have to switch to the right. My rmt says my pillow should be between my legs all the way to my feet and my knees should be level to eachother... this still hasn't helped me much but maybe it will work for you? I'm now trying trigger work during the day with a little ball.

• Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 4/16, 27+3

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming appointments: Feb 10 (I felt like I was having appointments every other week, so it is weird to have to wait this long to see my doctor again!)

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good. Insomnia, still. Glad I'm not the only one having a hard time of it. Getting comfortable while sleeping can be pretty hit or miss for me, and what feels comfy one night does not feel great the next. Oh well. I've had a little bit of nausea too, which makes me more annoyed than anything haha. I've definitely started waddling, and I'm just embracing it at this point. I also feel like an old lady every time I stand up or lean over. Lots of groaning haha.

Rants/raves: Not much really...enjoying feeling the baby move, but sometimes it feels more weird than it is amazing haha, but overall I do love it. My partner is freaking out a little bit that we don't have enough "stuff" yet for baby...but I keep reminding him that we are waiting for the baby shower, and that we have time. We honestly have little room as it is so I don't see the point of setting up the bassinet in our bedroom until it gets closer. But, it is amazing that I only have about 10 weeks left, since my OB most likely will be inducing me early. 

Questions: Still considering my options for diapers (most likely going the reusable route...but still there's so many types!)...so I may be revisiting/refreshing that discussion topic. 
  • @Ivorytower2 sending you all of the good vibes!! Dealing with bleeding sounds stressful but im sure everything will turn out just fine 🙂 
  • @Ivorytower2 How scary and frustrating that must be! Sending you good vibes, tell that baby to STAY IN THERE!
  • @covegirl100 Yes to the hormones. I don't feel hormonal necessarily, but if DH and I get into any sort of heated discussion I'm 100% bawling my eyes out which isn't typical for me. Luckily these conversations are pretty limited so it hasn't been too bad. Don't be afraid to take some time to yourself and really process how you are feeling. Some guided meditations (my favorite is Headspace) might help calm your nerves a bit. It's ok to grieve the (potential) change in plans that GD might bring.

@jessabelle05 I am definitely with you on the movements feeling weird sometimes. Right now the weirdest is when he rolls over. Those stop me dead in my tracks every time. Such an odd feeling.

@Ivorytower2 sending you all of the positive vibes! I'm sure that is so stressful for you. While I didn't have bleeding issues with DS5 we definitely had a lot of problems that were really stressful. Just take it one day at a time and focus on taking care of your body which will in turn take care of baby. Every day she stays in is a complete win for both of you! <3 

• @covegirl100 yes to feeling all the feelings. I find myself crying at the most random things all the time. 

@Ivorytower2 thinking of you, sending good thoughts your way. ♥️♥️