August 2022 Moms
Options

January- What my pregnant self is eating…

The everything food thread for January!
What are you craving? Or what do you usually love that you can’t even look at right now? Any good recipes that are getting you through? Anything you’re not super proud about eating? 
Tell us!

Re: January- What my pregnant self is eating…

• Options
    I’ve never not had cravings in pregnancy so this is new for me. Thankfully I’ve been able to eat just about anything so far.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @paytonpedro Not coffee! That’s miserable.

With my daughter I didn’t crave anything and then just ate so much the whole time 😆 All 3 of my boy pregnancies I have craved spicy or salty. I would just straight eat jalapeños from the jar. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @and_peggy super miserable! I craved spicy with my second and basically lived on hot Cheetos in the first tri. They thought of them now doesn’t sound terrible actually 🤣
    @maggiemadeit same with me for meat. Mh made some kind of pork the other night and it smelled so good but I only at 2 bites and pushed the rest around my plate. Now the green beans that we also had, seconds please!! 
  • Options
    I'm just not into food at all. The only things I will eat are fruits and veggies. I'm loving juices with a little ginger for the nausea. Meat is uninteresting and cheese (especially melted) is a hard no.
  • Options
    No specific cravings or aversions for me yet. But I do find that my appetite isn’t as great, especially until about 2pm. And I get full faster than normal. There are a few things that have been tasting extra yummy though, like Babybel cheese and chocolate milk. My husband also made a chicken and white bean chili the other night that is so crazy good. Luckily he does all the cooking in our house, so maybe that helps me avoid food aversions? 
  • Options
    What am I eating? Not vegetables, that's for sure 😅 

@maggiemadeit also a big fan of cold things! And not a fan of coffee, which is ~tragic~
  • Options
    @paytonpedro I'm right there with you on coffee... it has been seriously tragic. I did find that if I make more of a latte, I can drink small amounts of coffee. But I used to be known for drinking several cups of regular coffee per day, so lattes don't really "do it" for me.   

@maggiemadeit 100% agree on meat being a hard no... it just doesn't sound appealing at all. 
  • Options
    If I have to see the ovia story of the green peas, meat, cheese close up one more time I might yak 🤮.

I am not doing well in the food department 😕.  Kraft peanut butter seems to be the saving grace. I managed to eat some clementine today... it is hard.
  • Options
    I was craving cream of spinach soup (or anything green really) but we didn't have any so I decided to try and make it, And it looks really good but it didn't come out quite satisfying. 😕
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I usually drink 1-2 big cups of black coffee a day, so I think I’m finally past the headaches 😅. My mil got us a box of… hostess flavored cappuccinos… for our keurig for Christmas. I’ve had one. They’re outrageously sweet. It didn’t help me at all and made me feel nauseous immediately after. 
  • Options
    I can't stop eating terrible things. 

Frosted circus cookies
    Jalapeño cheddar Cheetos 
    Gingerbread cookies
    Chocolate covered pretzels
    Randomly, salmon and broccoli
  • Options
    @paytonpedro Saaaaaaaame with wanting cold food.

I’ve been doing smoothies for breakfast, everything else turns me off in the morning.  Things that I actually wanted to eat and drink recently were cold grapes, steamed then chilled broccoli, miso soup, hard boiled egg(?!), ravioli without tomato sauce, clementines (I see you @cas060), veggie sushi, lemonade, and ice cold water.
  • Options
    @aukeev jalapeño cheddar Cheetos sound so good 🤣🤣

I’m watching a kids baking show and the eclairs/cream puffs they’re making look fabulous right now!!
  • Options
    @paytonpedro they're always amazing, but especially during pregnancy! Get you some!!! 
    Ooh. Eclairs sound incredible!
  • Options
    Tonight’s dinner: half an air fried sweet potato, creamed spinach, and a PB banana smoothie. It’s getting weird over here…

But now I want jalapeño cheddar Cheetos! @aukeev
  • Options
    Ugh, I'm thirsty but drinking water made me feel more nauseous 😭 going to try small sips and if that doesn't work some tea I guess but I'm getting tired of tea (I had a lot of mint tea today, and then found out maybe you shouldn't have peppermint in pregnancy??). I really want water with some cranberry-raspberry juice but dh couldn't find it when he went to the store last.
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Last night I may or may not have texted mh to bring home said eclairs… and then 2 hours later told him to bring home more cheddar cheese 😬. 
    He did, and when he got home goes, “this was the most random order ever…” 🤣🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    Second pregnancy, its a doozy.  I am currently craving and eating everything in sight 😅😭

I am loving gingerale this go around, and cant stand the smell of any meat cooking.  So fruit and veggies it is.  Hope it help with weight control since i cant stop eating.
  • Options
    First pregnancy and first time with “morning” sickness. I thought I would eat so healthy and I had such good plans to get lots of nutrients. But, I’m discouraged because it’s not working out well. I just feel always queasy and always hungry. I’m starving all of the time but only want carbs so I find that I’m eating small bowls of cereal, pieces of bread, crackers. Etc. full meals with lots of flavour do not appeal to me.

Like all of you I’m also struggling big time with no coffee, I don’t want anything hot. I had a can of coke yesterday and it was so nice to get a hit of caffeine but I don’t want to have it everyday.

If I could have cheese pizza and coke everyday I’d be happy.

For now I’m trying to eat an orange and an apple every day to at least come close to something healthy.

But overall I’m worried about weight gain with all this snacking :(
  • Options
    @toronto27 don't worry about healthy eating during the morning sickness period. It is more important that you can keep food down and stay hydrated. If you're doing that, you're doing enough, and you can get into healthy habits in a few weeks once you like food again! 😊
  • Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited January 2022
    @toronto27 don't worry about healthy eating during the morning sickness period. It is more important that you can keep food down and stay hydrated. If you're doing that, you're doing enough, and you can get into healthy habits in a few weeks once you like food again! 😊
    100% ditto! The first tri is hard enough without trying to hold yourself to some imaginary standard. I mean, have you seen what some of us are eating? 🤣 I had 6 mini eclairs for breakfast! Lol you’re doing just fine mama!

edit because I can’t type and don’t proof read. 
  • Options
    Loving oranges, lemony iced tea and French fries with ketchup!
    Hating coffee and meat.
  • Options
    @toronto27 I’m the same way! I thankfully haven’t been super queasy but most foods just don’t appeal to me. All I ever really want is some combo of carb + red sauce + cheese. I literally did not eat a single vegetable today. I’m also trying not to feel guilty but it’s hard. I’ve found fruits to be more appealing than veggies, and grapes are especially great!

sour cream and onion chips are also delicious. 
  • Options
    starkettestarkette member
    edited January 2022
    I've basically stopped caring about being healthy since I barely eat anything anymore. So anything goes at the moment. 

Had potato soup last night which tasted lovely but halfway through my stomach said it was done. Sad days. Today I had refried beans in a tortilla and...that's it? Fruit and juice are the one thing that doesn't make me wanna puke. Trying to make sure I get protein, fruits, and veg every day but kind of failing.

@aukeev OMG I love jalapeño Cheetos! 
  • Options
    @starkette potato soup sounds so good right now, omg 
  • Options
    toronto27toronto27 member
    edited January 2022
    Thank you all so much for the reassurance <3 mini eclairs, fast food and carbs for us all for awhile then lol 

@jenkm1110 I AM going to add grapes to my shopping list, as soon as you said it, it sounded good! And someone else mentioned crunchy carrots so those will be added too
  • Options
    Omg all I wanted was a cheesesteak with fried onions today, with loaded ranch, bacon,and mozzarella fries. I ordered it and ate half. It was the most I've eaten since Christmas. I feel so sick but it was so worth it. 
  • Options
    Right now, I have no idea what I want to eat. I made chicken drumsticks for my family but I’m just not feeling it- or anything else for that matter. Meh. 
    Although, @bridgiebee82 a steak sub does sound good!
  • Options
    +1 to the steak sub @bridgiebee82 that sounds delicious 
  • Options
    We got breakfast after my appointment this morning and I got huevos rancheros and omg they tasted so good, especially the beans. Coulda eaten like 5 orders of that. 
    Tonight we’re getting Vietnamese 🤗
  • Options
    Well thanks to everyone here, jalapeño cheddar Cheetos are in my grocery pickup order for tomorrow 🤪
  • Options
    It is Carb City over here. For the last almost-year, I’ve been low carb so now apparently my lizard brain is making up for lost time. I can’t go in grocery stores any more because I cannot be trusted to buy us actual food right now. It’s banana pudding and cupcakes and oatmeal and Cheerios and biscuits and cookies. Order pickup it is!

Oh, coffee. How I miss you. I usually make a latte (or a mocha) every morning, and 4 days a week I get another latte at lunch from my fave coffee shop. I don’t drink sodas, so that was my treat every day. Oh well. It’ll come back. 

Also I’ve yet to find a protein that sounds like I want to eat it... 

(sorry y’all, I’m way behind and catching up slowly!)

• Options
    DH just handed me caramel rice cakes with almond butter drizzled with honey. I never knew I needed that in my life. It was sooooo yummy!
  • Options
    This is more of a FFC, Mc Donald’s… small fry, a coke, a Mc chicken and an Oreo Mc flurry with hot fudge. It’s the most I’ve ate this week. 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream fries and ice cream sounds so good right now, omg
  • Options
    @martadydaz Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy! A pregnant person who doesn’t like pickles!? Crazy!! Hopefully you can eat them again soon! If you haven’t already please introduce yourself in our introductions thread so we can get to know you!