May 2022 Moms

The Great Big Name Thread

Re: The Great Big Name Thread

• @jackdetroit I like Noa / Noah for a girl, but DH and I also like more gender neutral names with a more feminine middle name. Our daughter is Peyton Nicole. Trying to decide on names is so stressful, I can’t imagine trying to decide on two!!!
  • @jackdetroit I've never met a girl named Noa, but I love it!! I think it's cute and doesn't sound too masculine. I really like the name Ryan for a girl too, but of course, DH hates it lol I think there are definitely some names like those which could go either way. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hubby and I have had a hard time with picking names. When we had our son it took over 72 hours to give him a name after he was born. We literally are trying to wrap our heads around names for twins. 😂 btw they’re both fraternal twin girls so this should get really interesting.
  • Thoughts on the name Shea? DH has decided he really likes it but I’m just kinda meh about it
  • @skc040512 it’s nice. It’s also short which is good if you are thinking a longer middle name or if your last name is long.
  • @skc040512 since you don’t love it as much but your husband does - do any of the names you like sound good with Shea as a middle name?  It sounds like a good middle name to me. 
  • @laketide I like no names 😂 DH is beating me because he at least has one solid pick. I have none
  • @skc040512 completely understand that!!  Our daughter picked Brooklyn and we will probably go with it because she’s the only one who can pick anything 🤣
  • @skc040512 I like the name shea! I have a friend with that first name (middle name
    is long) and we have a friend whose daughter is Abel Shea so I think it’s a cute middle name too 
  • @skc040512 Shea is an awesome name!!! That could actually work for one of my twin girls… Thanks for the suggestion, I’ve been reading everyone else’s comments too really good names in here 💜
  • I have a name question for you all, and curious to know your thoughts.

About 3 years ago, a coworker of mine was pregnant and really struggling with names. I told her that I absolutely loved the name Brynn, but that we weren’t going to have any more children (famous last words lol), so I didn’t mind if she added it to her list.

Well, she actually picked it! ❤️ Her little girl is almost 3 now and it suits her perfectly. I am really happy and honoured that she went with my name choice.

So, I won’t know if we are having a boy or a girl until the 18th, but I still really love Brynn. I don’t work with this person anymore, I haven’t seen her for about a year, and once we move I’m never going to see her again. I do have her on instagram though.

I am struggling with guilt that I might upset her if we had a girl and we did pick Brynn… even though I was the one who suggested it to her.

What would you do? Am I overthinking this?
  • @fireflyz_56 100% overthinking this! If you love the name - use it! I love that name for a girl. 

Re: shea as a name! Love! 
  • We are still on the struggle bus for a name for baby boy. He is referred to s Baby No Name (or No Name for short). 
  • @fireflyz_56 go for it! A name is a name and sounds like the 2 would never even cross paths anyway. 
  • @fireflyz_56 I don't think she'd be upset with it especially because you originally suggested the name! 

We had two women name their daughters Lily within the past year and it seems like they both love having daughters with the same name. 
  • @fireflyz_56 totally overthinking it! I had a friend in high school who moved to another state and his wife got pregnant about 6 months after my daughter was born…they ended up naming her the exact same thing - first and middle name lol. We were friends on Facebook and Instagram, and he had congratulated me on her birth announcement so he knew her name. I just found it hilarious that we both picked the same name, and it wasn’t even something popular

@taylorharris0522 our last name rhymes with “sob” so my MIL always advocates for James Robert if we have a boy (Jim Bob), or to name a boy after my dad and DH’s dad (Randy Travis) 😂 I told her it was a hard no on those. The girl names on both of our family trees are horrendous. Lavader Pearl. Lundee Inez. Omg they’re just bad 
  • @fireflyz_56 agreed with others, I think if you love Brynn, go for it! One of our top names is the same as one of my bmb friend’s daughters and she was encouraging me to use it haha. Besides social media, it doesn’t sound like you’re going to cross paths again. 
  • We are naming our little girl Nova Madeline. If she were a boy, her name would have been Jonah Parker.
  • Thank you all for your advice! Now just to see if this little one is a girl or a boy.

@taylorharris0522 and @littlewitchgirl I love both of your name choices! ❤️
  • @skc040512 this happened to us too! My oldest daughter is named Eloise Claire, and last year a FB/IG friend named her daughter the exact same thing! It's a beautiful name so I don't blame them  :p I actually love her name so much that it has made it hard to name 3 daughters after her!!
    Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • Y’all. My best friend who has been laughing with me about Baby No Name just sent me this. She got jokes. 😂😂😂 But also, I miss Oprah! 

• Our first was easy and we didn’t have much difficulty coming up with her name - Kali Anne. Both of our mom’s have Anne as their middle names, so we used that for a middle name. My husband has a lot of parameters for boy names (they have to start with a J but not be too popular)…unfortunately both of our families have a TON of boys with J names…pretty much everything is taken! I’ve always loved Jameson and it took a while for my husband to come around, but he ended up loving it. My husband’s Dad’s name is James, so we used my Dad’s middle name for the middle name…Jameson Michael. For this third one, we don’t have a lot of sentimental tie, so it’s definitely making it harder to pick a name!! I’m glad we found out it’s a girl, because I don’t even want to deal with the battle of another boy name. So far we like Remi or Oakley for a girl. Leaning towards Remi Kay…but it’s hard to commit! I also heard the name Hunter for a girl last night, and really like that too. So many options! Love this thread for some ideas!
  • @MrsLaLaBug WHY would you do that to your child (the video)?! That’s nutty. Poor girl. I’d be getting an official name change as soon as I was legally old enough, if I were her!

As for us: refresher we are half Pakistani and half Caucasian Canadian. First 2 girls are Nora and Lillian. Top 3 potential names for new baby girl have changed slightly:

Maya
    Sara
    Sofia

Thoughts? I think Sofia goes the best with our “sibling set”, but I know hubby is partial to Maya. Also, how would you pronounce Maya?? 
  • @annashaf I am partial to the name maya and pronounce it my-uh (not sure if that’s phonetically correct but same way as if it was spelled mya) Sofia is cute as well. Have you thought of middle names to see how they would all flow together?
  • @annashaf I like Maya (my-uh) and Sofia. 
  • @annashaf I agree that Sofia goes really well with your other girls names. 
  • @annashaf I like Maya and Sofia the best with your other girls’ names. Like others I’d pronounce it my-uh. I also like it spelled Maia!
  • @annashaf I believe the mothers response to Oprah asking “what were you thinking” was she wanted to get in the Guinness book of records. Big eye roll. 
    Love Maya (my-uh)! Sofia is a great sibset too! 

• I remember that Oprah episode! And watching it on the air date. There, i aged myself. 

• @annashaf I like Sofia best! I would pronounce Maya as my-uh.
  • I also like Sofia best. When I see Maya, I think I'd pronounce it as Mah-yah. Maybe I'm just the weird one. 😂🤷
  • tacosandtumstacosandtums member
    edited January 2022
    What’s a good middle name for Sloane? I love Sloane Rose but I feel like it needs to be a double syllable middle name instead of one/one syllable. Thoughts?

ETA: top names are
    Finley Claire
    Sloane (?)
    Maeve Kathleen (family mn)
  • @tacosandtums I like Sloane a lot. Sloane Claire, Sloane Marie, Sloane Charlotte (I really like the sound of Sloane + another “s” sounding name but couldn’t think of one except Charlotte)
  • No suggestions, but I do love Sloane Rose!  
  • @jackdetroit love those names for your girls!

I’m struggling with names over here too. Two more days until we finally know whether its a boy or a girl!

These are the names I like… I haven’t discussed these with DH yet lol. Also DD has a very unusual name derived from Old English.
    For girls…
    Avery
    Annika
    Brynn
    Norah
    Rowan

For boys…
    Colton
    Pierce
    Xander
    Rhys
  • @tacosandtums Sloane Rose is pretty! I am with you though, I think I’d personally prefer it with a longer middle name with the one syllable first. I like some of the other suggestions - would you say you all tend to lean Irish names? Sorry if you’ve said that already. 

I like Sloane Marie from above. Some other suggestions for middle names- Rosalie, Ava, Emily
  • @jackdetroit love those names! We used family names for MN too and I feel like we are out also 😂
    @fireflyz_56 super love Brynn, Rowan, Colton, and Rhys on your list!!! 
    @tacosandtums obviously I’m terrible with name help bc I have no name for my own baby LOL! But I do love Sloane, could you use the family name Kathleen with it? 

• Y’all are the best for helping. DH now wants Sloane Mackenzie. 😂 we’re just gonna have to tumble these names around for a little longer I think. 

@b_1029  yes I’m leaning toward Irish or old fashioned type names. 

@jackdetroit I love your girls names choices! They are both so unique and pretty. 

@fireflyz56 I loveeee all your names! But especially Pierce and Rowan.