Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 12/13

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation.

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?: 

GTKY: Tell us about a holiday tradition that you break (can be, but doesn't need to be, Christmas-related)?
History
I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 12/13

• Options
    Diagnosis (if you've been): PCOS, MFI

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): wfaf

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): first medicated IUI and letrozole once CD1 hits

How are things going?: not bad, getting a bit nervous now that CD1 is approaching, but excited. I also need to call the clinic today and find out what we should do re: insurance and prior auths given my IUI will flirt with the new year.

Any questions?: Those of you who have taken letrozole, how did it affect O? I'm nervous about when the IUI will actually fall since our insurance company is changing Jan. 1, so I'm hoping it does make me O sooner than normal.

GTKY: Tell us about a holiday tradition that you break (can be, but doesn't need to be, Christmas-related)?
    I don't know if we really have any that we break. When I was a kid, we'd open one gift on Christmas Eve (from my parents or when we got a bit older, from a sibling), but my husband and I don't do that because we usually only have one gift each lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry I wasn’t around last week. Huge crisis at work kept me pretty busy. Hoping this week is quieter so I can be more active. 

@kiki047 I’m glad you were able to get the provera. Hope AF isn’t too bad and you can finally move forward. 

@fantasyflyte I didn’t notice any O issues when I was on it. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): PCOS, Unexplained secondary IF, Unexplained RPL 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): Waiting for FET prep

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Waiting for January. Continuing plans of eating healthy and losing weight. I’m 3.5 pounds away from my goal weight. 

How are things going?: Af should be coming next week which would mean only 1 more cycle til it’s go time! Super excited about that.

im exhausted though. Pulled into a crazy work disaster over the weekend that’s continuing now. On the plus side I made a bunch of overtime but I’m super tired and coffee isn’t cutting it.  

Any questions?: 

I don’t think I break any that I had from when I was a kid. 

I don’t really do any NYE stuff though. I’ve never been into it. I don’t care to watch the ball drop or go out to a ridiculously expensive set menu or something. Usually I have to work anyway so it’s just another day to me. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    @fantasyflyte excited for you to start your treatment this cycle,  I hope the insurance stuff works out!

@kiki047 oh gosh, I can't believe you are still wfaf, she is so sly. Glad you are taking control even if means more meds

@hanshotfirst77 I am with you, I don't really do the NYE thing.

@shortstack930 I hope it works out to get your meds while still in December for insurance! I am opposite on the lights, outside I always do, inside is hit or miss!

Diagnosis (if you've been): AMA, DOR, low morph, Hashimotos, endometrioma 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): I honestly have no clue what I am doing. WTO, technically I suppose? 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): pretty much in limbo. I have to decide if I want to prep for FET (assuming I have an embryo) or do another ER. 

How are things going?: From my ER last weekend they got 4 eggs, 2 fertilized and 1 made it to 5 day blast. It was biopsied and frozen. Now just waiting on those results. We had decided to do another retrevial before transferring (assuming we have an embryo to transfer). This morning DH says out of the blue he thinks we should transfer if possible. So... I have to decide by tomorrow as I am supposed to start bcp for FET tomorrow if we are doing that. I am torn. 

Any questions?: natm

GTKY: Tell us about a holiday tradition that you break (can be, but doesn't need to be, Christmas-related)? Honestly, I am pretty into all the holiday traditions mostly for fun, not seriousness. But, like Hans said I am not into NYE. I can't tell you the last time I stayed up until midnight that night.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    @fantasyflyte I'm not sure how your PCOS diagnosis might effect the way Letrozole works for you, so ymmv on this, but I definitely feel like it sped my ovulation up by a day or two. fx it keeps you on this side of the new years line for insurance purposes!
    @kiki047 oh man I am so. sorry. that AF is still holding out on you. I hope it arrives asap, and isn't too murder-scene-ish once it does arrive. BTW I really liked what you had to say about how you do holidays w/ yh.
    @hanshotfirst77 congrats on your health goals! i i hope it feels good. I'm there with you on new years and possibly more extreme in that I actually aggressively dislike NY celebrations. I am a NY grinch. Just leave me alone to go to bed at 8pm. Something about the expectation of spontaneous communal optimism and unity makes me temporarily into a very anti-social animal.
    @shortstack930 welcome back from your crazy work week (I guess the same also can be said for @hanshotfirst77!). sorry you're having to scramble to get your FET meds covered before the end of the year. Great news that CD1 arrived though and you're on your way to getting on the road again!
    @gingermama29 congrats on the big follicle! hope it's the one. have they had you on estrace before for your lining or is this a new addition?

Diagnosis (if you've been): old

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): waiting for CD1 and then just... waiting

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): waiting for PGT-A results

How are things going?: meh. I haven't heard back about my embryo grading and at this point I guess I'll just mention it again when CD1 turns up and I have to call the clinic to let them know. I've been fairly successful about not letting myself be too crazy as I wait for results this time. In part it's because I'm fairly convinced this is not going to be my cycle. It's also helpful to have a lot of other stuff going on in my life right now to keep me preoccupied (hi there, end of term grading craziness).

Any questions?: nah

As a kid my parents put up a christmas tree for my sibling and me but it was always pretty apparent that it was only because we were there that they bothered. As an adult, I've basically fallen entirely off the holiday wagon (with the important exception of gingerbread cookies, see last week) and don't do gifts, tree, or cards except when around others who do. My family does usually take the opportunity to see one another, however, and this xmas I'll be heading up to see my mom and her partner. Hopefully we'll make some good food and just keep it low key.
    Edit: extremely late sighting of an embarrassing grammar error. 😬
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • Options
    @optimistgardener I think we posted at the same time. It sucks that you haven't heard about the grading yet! I am with you in the "just waiting". And also cheers to being a NYE grinch and in bed at 8!
  • Options
    @walkawaynee oh boy i've been waiting to get your update from you! I'm glad you had one that made it! but that's quite a decision to have to make re: prepping for FET when you don't know your biopsy results. Not to be a downer on this but, considering how sure I was last time that I would get at least 1 good embryo out of my 4 blasts and none of them were, it's definitely a gamble. how much time are you expected to be on bcp for prior to ramping up other meds for FET?
    History
  • Options
    I am hopeful that the one we have is good but I am also very aware of the probability which is why I had intended to do another retrevial.

I will only take bcp for 2 weeks and then the FET cycle would start. My clinic's transfer week is Jan 17-26. I will know my results before then but would be too late to get in their Feb retrevial cycle and will have to wait for March retrieval I wait on results.

Right now I am leaning towards going forward with the transfer only because it's unclear if my insurance will pay for another retrevial if I have a viable embryo and I don't know how long it will take them to confirm coverage (I have been trying to confirm this for weeks). I have trouble making decisions on a good day and trying to make this one based on a bunch of unknown variables is driving me batty. 
  • Options
    @shortstack930 big fat yes to no PIO over holidays. And I’m excited we may be on similar FET schedules. 

@gingermama29 I’m glad to hear about your follie. Fx for your lining too!

@walkawaynee that’s a tough choice. I know my insurance insists on transferring all viable embryos before covering further retrievals. 

@optimistgardener sometimes I feel like maybe it’s better not knowing about the grading cause it seems to be a crapshoot. I mean perfect gradings can fail and poor headings can be great. I’ve been agonizing over my poor embie yet my RE continues to insist that it really doesn’t matter and it has as good of a chance as my perfect one did. But I certainly understand the anxiety waiting to find out. I’m glad you have some stuff to distract while you wait though. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    kiki047kiki047 member
    edited December 2021
    @hanshotfirst77 congrats on almost reaching your goal weight! That's exciting. I hope your work craziness sorts itself out soon. Sounds like there's a few of us planning on doing FETs in January! 
    @shortstack930 echoing others in the cheers for no PIO over the holidays! Although confession, call me a masochist but I didn't actually hate PIO that much, we had a really good routine by the end.
    @gingermama29 glad that 2nd round of letrozole sounds like it did the trick! FX for you! 
    @walkawaynee keeping everything crossed for you that you get a euploid embie from this round!! IVF math sucks, and it's so easy to get caught up in all the statistics. Here's hoping you get your results ASAP. 
    @optimistgardener oh I'm fully bracing myself for like a CSI-worth bloodbath when AF finally shows, but you never know, I suffer from thin lining anyway so maybe I'll have some underwhelming dribble instead. *shrug* As for your grading, I'm with hans on this too, my RE won't tell me the grading because he says it doesn't matter. All of mine are also Day 6 or 7 blasts, which concerns me, but again he's not concerned about that either. I don't have exact figures or success rates but he's confident that our chances are just as good with any euploid, and he said he has also seen very good success with the mosaics and all of the babies that have resulted from mosaic embryos from his clinic have been normal so far, which is consistent with the research. 

ETA:

AFM, I've been feeling really off the last few days, like I have a pounding headache, and it's as if my heart is racing and I'm having a panic attack, but my HR and BP are normal and I've taken my Ativan a few times to calm my nerves and it hasn't really helped my symptoms which is how I know it's not actually my anxiety. I think it's the provera. I just took my last dose today so we'll see if it goes away because I don't like this feeling at all. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    **lurking** 

@optimistgardener as always @kiki047 has good info, anecdotally I can support it. I got 5 blasts from my ER in February '20, my clinic only gave me the grading once off-hand, and I can't remember the specifics, but I can tell you that: 

My top graded embryo was my first CP, my second-best embryo was my second CP, and my third and fourth graded embryos are my daughters. I put in 2 embryos for my third transfer because mine were not genetically tested, and my clinic assumed my top graded embryos must have had genetic abnormalities. At the end of the day, embryo grading is just about how pretty they are, and do not mean much for viability. My 5th embryo is a day 6, and as @kiki047 has heard more than most people, I go back and forth wildly about whether or not to go back for it. (I had significant health issues after the twins' delivery, and I don't know if I can risk it again, and I am convinced that my lowest graded embryo would absolutely stick around). 

tl;dr - embryo grading is mostly about if it's pretty or not once you get into the nitty gritty of "A" graded embryos vs "B" graded embryos. I got all wrapped up in my own head after losing our "best" embryo, but at the end of the day lower graded embryos have just as much of a chance. Knowing you'll have a euploid embryo transferred is half the battle IMO! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @kiki047 thanks for the heads up on hot flashes, I'll have to keep an eye out for that. I'm glad you're doing better mentally and I hope the provera gets AF in soon so you can move on.

@hanshotfirst77 awesome job on the weight loss! Exciting that go time is almost here! Sorry about the work chaos though.

@shortstack930 glad AF showed up, and oof I feel you on the insurance thing. I hope you're able to get the meds before the end of the year.

@gingermama29 oooh, sounds like good progress, fingers crossed for you!

@walkawaynee fingers crossed you have a good embryo and I hope the insurance isn't a problem if you do decide to do another retrieval. Insurance sucks.

AFM: I talked to my nurse at the RE today about what to do for this cycle and we've decided that I'll still do letrozole this cycle and we'll decide on the IUI at CD10 monitoring. They'd have me come in for monitoring on CD10 since it's a medicated cycle anyway, and at that point we should have a good idea of whether or not it looks like I'll ovulate before the end of the year. If it looks like O will be Jan. 1 or later, we'll have to scrap the IUI until February because insurance is a pile of dog crap and of COURSE my husband's employer would switch carriers this year of all years. Also, of course my period is late the one cycle we didn't try, and the one cycle where earlier would really have been better. But at least we still have some kind of plan for this month even if the actual IUI part doesn't pan out.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Thanks so much for your input @mvt2003! Your experience is reassuring. I agree with you all that I'd lay my bets on a genetically normal but poorly graded embryo any day over a pretty but abnormal embryo. We'll just see how it all plays out, I guess.
    And thanks, @kiki047. It's helpful to know that your normal embies were slow growers! I'm so sorry that you're feeling like crap. That sounds miserable. Being someone who has had some serious run-ins with panic attacks before, as I was reading your update i was like, uh-oh Kiki's having an anxiety attack, but it sounds like if the ativan doesn't help you're quite likely right that it's the provera.
    (I've edited this thing about a dozen times now but once more: thanks also @hanshotfirst77! I read your post earlier today and appreciated your comment about the arbitrariness of grading. Basically I agree with all y'all and if I were advising anyone else I'd totally be saying the same. The issue here is mostly just that I don't trust myself to be able to produce normal embryos anymore, and the day 6 nature of my 2 from this cycle doesn't make me super optimistic. Which is part of why I feel iffy about learning the grading at all. But we'll just have to see!)
    History
  • Options
    @walkawaynee hopefully insurance won’t be an issue if you decide to go forward with another retrieval. 

@optimistgardener *TW* LC
    another anecdote comes from my cousin who struggled with IF for years and is now an infertility therapist. She has the MTHFR gene and had to do IVF. Her embryos were very poorly graded but she only got a couple eggs from her retrieval (she ended up going into early menopause so another retrieval wasn’t an option). She said it’s very much a “beauty contest” when they’re doing the grading. Those embryos were transferred and are now 12 year old boys. So anecdotally, try not to stress too much about the grading. 
    Also, to answer your question, this is my first time taking estrace. 

• Options
    @gingermama29 glad you're getting close to O day and your lining is getting thicker!

@walkawaynee that's a tough decision. I hate how much insurance has to play into it.

@optimistgardener ugh I hate that you're still waiting for results!! I'm glad you're able to distract yourself although I'm sure all the grading isn't fun either.

@kiki047 yikes that sounds scary! Have you mentioned the side effects to your doctor?

@fantasyflyte glad you have a plan but it really sucks how much insurance has to figure in to everything, especially at the end of the year.
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    Hey, my dears, I have missed you all. Sorry to see we are all still here, but happy to “see your faces”.  

@fantasyflyte Keeping things crossed for you that the Letrozole works its magic! The first medicated IUI is exciting. It feels
    so good to be doing something. Re: the ovulation question: I’ve used Letrozole many times now and it doesn’t usually seem to mess with O at all. However, I just took it late this cycle (starting on CD 4 or 5? Instead of my usual CD2) and I just ovulated 5 days later than normal. Not sure what to blame it on. I guess you will only know once you try it. FX that you get to squeeze in the IUI before Jan.1.  
    @kiki047 Sorry to hear that you’re unhappily WFAF. I hope the Provera did the trick to kickstart things for you. Never-ending cycles are the most frustrating thing… // YH & you have the best alternative to presents on big occasions. ✈️ 🧳 🌎 
    @hanshotfirst77 Congratualtions on being so close to your goal weight! That’s impressive work as you prepare for FET. Sorry work was crazy, hoping things have been smoother for you this week. 
    @shortstack930 Yay for filling the meds before your deductible renews! That’s a win for sure. Every little bit helps during the holidays. 
    @gingermama29 Hooray for a nice big follicle! Glad to hear that the current protocol seems to be working for your body. How much estrogen will they have you on to thicken your lining? 
    @walkawaynee Congrats in the one blast! It’s exciting to at least get one, since that’s all it takes.🥚 Hopefully it’s perfectly healthy. Maybe talk to/remind YH about the need to have more embryos created in order to test and guarantee that you get more normals than you will need for the number of babies y’all are aiming for. Good luck with your decision! 
    @optimistgardener I’m sorry you’re not feeling good about the cycle as you wait for PGT-A results. Glad you’ve had things to keep you preoccupied. I hope you get a pleasant surprise after not dwelling on it. 

• Options
    @keikilove i have everything crossed that your new medicine does the trick with implantation. you're right that things around here have been quieter than usual. Some grads left which made things quieter but yeah, maybe also the holidays. so good to "see" you again around here!
    History
  • Options
    @keikilove

Good luck with the new medication! I'm so so so hoping it'll do the trick. Like with every cell of my body. 

@optimistgardener

Wowee. I am SO excited for you! And also holy that was a QUICK turnaround compared to last time. Keep us posted on what's next. 

(Pardon lack of acknowledgment of everyone else; I've been drinking from the firehose that is being a new manager, and trying to end the year on a high note, so haven't had a chance to reply or post my update. But I'm here, lurking, and rooting for you all!!!!)
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    @acleverusername don't you know it! i was like... why is the clinic calling me already. it didn't even occur to me that it was my PGT-A results.
    History
  • Options
    back again. ok, uh. paging @acleverusername and anyone else with opinions about appropriate supplements to prepare for a FET. I'm gonna hop back on my baby aspirin, and of course sticking with the PNVs and CoQ10 because why not. But what else should I be taking/not taking? I'm all ears. I'm thinking I should come off the DHEA. What about melatonin? Do people take Vit E and the baby aspirin together?
    Also just looked up info on the Cooper site and (of course still waiting for an actual consultation with them but) they have on their site a list for how they prioritize mosaic embryos for transfer. Chromosome 3 deletions (which is what mine is) are at the top of the list for priority.
    History
  • Options
    @keikilove Hi friend! Everything crossed for you this does the trick!

@optimistgardener that was a really quick turnaround that’s awesome. An early Feb transfer will be here before you know it. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    @hanshotfirst77 yeah I am pleased with the turnaround this time, especially considering i waited more than 3 weeks for the results from my last batch to arrive. I fell deep into research lit last night and this morning on transferring mosaics and the data is fairly consistent that biochemical pregnancy and live birth rates are lower than euploid but still, in my opinion, worth trying, with live birth rates for low-level mosaics hovering somewhere in the 40-45% range, and reassuring data re: healthy/apparently normal babies resulting from mosaic transfers to date. In any case my schedule does not allow me to do another retrieval round for a few months. A FET is comparatively easier to squeeze into my ridiculous calendar. And since all I want is 1, I may as well flip that coin since it's in my hand.
    History
  • Options
    @optimistgardener yes I agree that is definitely worth a try and since you won’t be able to do an ER in this time anyways no reason not to give this a shot. I don’t know much about mosaics but I have heard the same that they can certainly result in healthy babies. So fx this is the one!

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    oops! i think we posted at once @gingermama29. congrats on that OPK! full steam ahead!
    History
  • Options
    ** lurking **

@optimistgardener. That's great news on the mosaic! The more I read the more I would be confident transferring a mosaic embryo. Obviously success rates are not as high, but my understanding is that most of the failure happens at the point of implantation, which sucks but is way better than miscarriage. And of course you should talk to the Cooper people but I think deletions in particular have more of this "all or nothing" quality. A 40-45% chance of live birth is great! That's way better than, for instance, having sex. I say go for it. For FET supplements-- YMMV, but for me it was just a baby aspirin, PNVs, and prescribed meds. I dropped everything else. 
    TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024

• Options
    thank you @bumblebee0210! i really appreciate your thoughts on this esp. as a fellow reader of data.
    History
  • Options
    ** lurking** **pg mentioned in spoiler**

I actually was talking about this to my doctor today about whether to get further screening now hat I am pregnant with a genetically normal embryo (I am getting NIPT, not getting amnio). She basically said that they are very rarely wrong about euploids, and the errors almost all go the other way-- she said something like "yeah they kind of overcall them" meaning, they lean toward calling things abnormal that may be fine. She said she would suggest an amnio if I were transferring a mosaic (which makes sense), but in a way that made it seem like they are super fine with transferring mosaics also. It makes sense, given that 5 years ago that low-level mosaic would have just come back normal. 

TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024

• Options
    @keikilove sending hugs. When you said you were heading into a FET now, did you literally mean that day? In which case, I hope everything went smoothly and the new med does what it's supposed to. <3  I love that you have some really special holiday traditions with your family, and I hope that's everything you need to fill your cup over the holidays (with love and warmth, instead of alcohol of course lol). 
    @optimistgardener I'm so happy to hear that you're leaning towards transferring your mosaic! I'm agreement with what you and the others have said about mosaics, and that's consistent with everything I've read about them too. When my 2nd retrieval only yielded 3 aneuploid and a low level mosaic I also went down the rabbit hole of what that meant, and what I know now is much more reassuring than what I felt at the time. I know clever posted a link to the Meaghan Doyle IG page but I'll leave it here again. Nurture.hf is another favourite account of mine. I know they're not exactly scientific journals but Meaghan is a Geneticist for one of Canada's top clinics, and Christiana is an IVF Lab Director. 
    @gingermama29 yay, that's great news! FX for you! 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @optimistgardener That’s great news about the mosaic! I’m so happy for you! How perfect that your little embaby is exactly the type of mosaic that they prioritize for transfer. I hope that gives you a real sense of relief, and belief that things could finally go your way in February.💗 As far as supplements, I just researched the heck out of this before my transfer. You are right to continue your Co-Q10, as it’s proven to lower miscarriage rates and prevent APS, etc. With DHEA, you may want to get your DHEA, DHEA-S, and testosterone tested before stopping. My RI’s office has me stay on DHEA until transfer takes place. (I just got mine tested a week before transfer—I wasn’t supplementing—and my levels were almost non-existent, like a level of 3. If I take one 25mg pill then my levels go up to a very normal 200 or so. You may want to check yours periodically before FET to see if your body is producing naturally or if you need to keep supplementing.) Just to add to the decision-making, my naturopath believes it’s best to stay on a low dose of DHEA throughout pregnancy. I’m leaning her way since I can see that I’m not functioning well without a bit of supplementation. My adrenals are shot from all the stress (and probably from the thyroid meds) so I mlsuspect that’s why I’m not producing it on my own and may need to stay in a small amount of supplementation. Ok, on to melatonin: this is a very good one to stay on for the early part of transfer and pregnancy. It helps with implantation. However, the jury is out on safety for a fetus: the recommendation appears to be to stay on it for no longer than 4-9 weeks total, no matter when you start it. And finally, yes to the Vitamin E and baby aspirin combo. Vit E is one of the few that is recommended to continue in It Starts With The Egg, and almost every RE out there will tell you that baby aspirin helps with blood flow and implantation. You can continue both of these for the entire pregnancy—unless your blood gets too thin. You can check this with an aPTT blood test. Hope this helps a little!

@gingermama29 Yippee for clear ovulation! Your E2 supplementation sounds like a very normal and logical amount. I really hope it does the trick for you! And sending hugs right back at you 🤗 When I stop and think about how long some of us have been posting in this thread, I sometimes can’t believe how long we’ve been at this. Hopefully both of our times are coming soon. ✌🏼 

@hanshotfirst77 Hey friend! 👋 Thanks for the warm welcome back! And for the good wishes 💕 

@acleverusername Hiiii! I definitely noticed your name missing from lots of the pages I skimmed and figured you must be super busy. Hope that the managerial life is enjoyable and not *too* overwhelming. Love your gifs, by the way. They made me think of this:    😄

@kiki047 Thank you, sweetie.🥰 Yes, I was literally on the way to my clinic yesterday for the FET. Traveling alone seems to be where I find my only moments of free time lately. Did an infusion today, about to fly home in a couple hours. Ready to be on the holiday break and relax! When is everyone else on winter break? 
  • Options
    @keikilove good luck with the FET!!! Hoping so hard this works. 

@optimistgardener I’m so excited that you may transfer the mosaic!!! I think any extra info you can get about it can only help. 

All this talk about supplements made me realize that I never went back on baby aspirin! I took it when we did IVF back in 2018 but never thought to restart it this time 😳
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    edited December 2021
    thank you @kiki047 i had a look around both sites you linked. great resources! the Meaghan Doyle site offers stats on various types of mosaic embryos and their implantation rates. these are pretty much the kinds of stats i've been seeing in the different studies i've looked at (40-45% for low-level 1-chromosome mosaics vs. an ongoing pregnancy rate of 52% for euploids). And thank you @keikilove for your super helpful outline of supplement recommendations!
    more mosaic nerd talk in spoiler (summarizing a cool new study for those w/ mosaic embryos on ice @bumblebee0210 @kiki047 @acleverusername ):
    there's also a brand new (pre-peer review, so proceed with caution) study out that's also seemingly making big waves right now because it is showing pretty surprising results, namely that low-level mosaic and euploid embryos have essentially the same success rates. basically, the study design attempts to remove other biases that might shift the stats on mosaic transfers by blinding clinics and patients as to whether embryos are euploid or mosaic. the study's authors argue that other euploid vs. mosaic stats tend to be biased because they rely on #s drawn from women who have already experienced failed transfer of euploid embryos before turning to mosaics for transfer (based on standard clinic practice to use the "good" embryos first). according to the authors, this shifts stats on mosaics because many of these women are more likely to experience early pregnancy failure for other, non-embryo-related reasons.
    the mosaics allowed in the study are all <50% mosaic, the usual cut-off in measure for a "low-level" vs "high-level" mosaic embryo. Anything <50% is labelled as "euploid" and transferred, and then later in the pregnancy unblinded as euploid (<20%), low (20-30%), and low-mid mosaic (30-50%). they did 847 single-embryo transfers (fairly big study), showing live birth rates for each group as 43.4, 42.9, and 42% (no significant difference). There were also no diffs in terms of miscarriage rates, and only one birth defect was seen (the baby, born from a low-mid graded mosaic embryo, had a syndrome that was seemingly unrelated to the chromosomal issues the embryo had displayed so unclear if it was related to the mosaicism).
    Note the study's LBR for true euploid transfers @ 43.4% is significantly lower than a lot of other studies show (usually above 50%).
    History
  • Options
    @keikilove I think I'd been doing regular updates up until that week, but probably missed 1 or 2. But I've definitely been less wordy lately, because of aforementioned managerial duties. 

Speaking of other research making rounds this morning: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/18/health/ivf-tests-fertility-ingenomix.html?auth=login-facebook&referringSource=articleShare

Thoughts? I read through it, and I'm definitely in the group of ppl that will "try every test under the moon" just for the added peace of mind. I think it might be a disease. :neutral:

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    @acleverusername YAYYYY!!!
    History
  • Options
    fantasyflytefantasyflyte member
    edited December 2021
    @acleverusername yay, I'm so glad! You guys must be so relieved.