May 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms - w/o 11/29

Re: Weekly Randoms - w/o 11/29

• Loading the player...
  • @MrsLaLaBug it’s gorgeous and such a fun way to honour your baby girl! 
  • Kept my girls home from preschool today because they are getting over a cold.  2 symptoms means they need a COVID test to return to school and they both have sniffles/coughs  :'(. Hoping the tests are back by tomorrow morning so they can go to school tomorrow.  It was a LONG day  :D.  

In baby news we got our NIPT results and low risk for everything!  Yay! Asked not to know gender yet.  Not sure when we will be ready but at some point we will find out.  I know my husband wants a boy, but I would love to have a 3rd girl.  I am not sure I'd be a good boy mom. 

And why is it that I crave pop tarts when pregnant....such a fricken strange craving.  What weird cravings are you guys all having?
  • @third2022 I don’t think pop tarts is a strange craving at all - I’ve been hooked on toaster strudel and uncrustables for the last week or so 😂 But I think now I might need some pop tarts! 😂😂 s’mores are my favorite flavor! 

• It’s nail day! My kids said either snowflakes or Christmas lights… 🎄❄️

• Does anyone have any gift ideas for moms? As in, my mom, not us as moms ahha. My mom is literally the hardest person to buy for. Never wants or allegedly needs anything, doesn’t have any hobbies outside of work…
  • @b_1029 here's the Christmas list my mom sent the family if it helps at all! 
    • Tom Ford perfume - fucking fabulous scent
    • Small Backpack for short hikes
    • Slippers
    • Lucid candlesticks - colors. - peony, khaki, honey or natural (this is what I ended up getting her they're pretty cool!)
    • Black Cotton wrap
    • Bath wash by Lush - Sleepy
    • Sneakers 
    • Weeder 
  • @MrsLaLaBug
    I can only eat the strawberry ones. I can't do any of the other flavors.Toaster Studells!!!!!!
  • @karisahamdi thank you!!

I posted a social media announcement today but did it by posting some of our fall family pictures (we got them back today and they’re so good, way better than I thought they’d be!!) and had 2 with us holding the ultrasound at the end. One of the pictures with the ultrasound turned out literally perfect because DD was starting to lose it and had her head buried in my chest, and I was making a dramatic sad pouty face 😆 so I basically posted a caption and at the end said swipe to see how she really feels about a new sibling in May! I wish I could share it here, maybe when we move to the PG haha. 

Idk why I feel weird announcing this time around? Maybe because we didn’t go through IF like we did the last time? 
  • @b_1029 I got my mom a Nixplay last year. It’s neat bc anybody and everybody can send pics to it. Glad your photos came out good! 

• I had COMPLETELY forgotten that DH office Christmas party is Friday night. Gahhhhh hopefully I can find something to wear 🥴🥴🥴 Or maybe I can just send him without me LOL

• @b_1029 I hear you in the feeling weird about announcing. I’m 15w and still haven’t publicly announced. We didn’t until 20w with my 2nd. I’m feeling really weird about it too. We really struggled to get pregnant this time and I keep feeling like something is going to happen and I’ll have to “take it back”

• This made me giggle this morning 😂😂

• @MrsLaLaBug love it hahaha .. eeewww david
  • brookejay06brookejay06 member
    edited December 2021
    (Posting this comment in another thread) 
  • @MrsLaLaBug ooh la la! Did you do those yourself! Impressive! They are super cute! 
  • @runninginva oh gosh no LOL I’m nowhere near that talented! One of my self care faves is having my nails done and I usually have some kind of fun nail art each time. This time my kids told me either Christmas lights or snowflakes - and this was the end result 😂❤️💚 I love my nail girl, she is amazing! 

• @b_1029 ditto on the social media post. We did with DD at wk 13 but here we are close to wk 19 and i haven’t posted. I think a lot of it has to do with the struggle for this pregnancy and i don’t want to “jinx” it.
  • @And846 love that idea!!!!!

• @And846 I love that idea!! Can we just correctly spell postpartum (grammar police, I’m fun at parties)
  • @tacosandtums ha, sure. I didn’t run spell check on doc yet. 
  • @and846 yes please, and thank you for organizing by date!!! I had noticed that as well and was considering bringing this up again. I also don't mind starting if I get up early one day 😜
  • Omg, if you see any more spelling errors don’t mention it 🥴 

I’ve been getting up at 4:30 daily and still can’t get my tasks done. 
  • @karisah right?! Such a cool feeling! 
  • By the end of the day, I look like I did when I was like 25+ weeks with my first pregnancy. I truly don’t understand how I’m going to get that much larger 😵‍💫 
  • @b_1029 SAME!! 

• @b_1029, me too! I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a 10 pounder or something. My husband was over 10 lbs when he was born. I'm getting nervous! 
  • @runninginva omg! For your sake, I hope not! 
  • @b_1029 yeah I look massive (IMO) in the evenings already 🙈😬 but then I look back at how huge I was with DD and think to myself, "remember how none of your maternity shirts covered your belly at the end?" and then I realize just how much worse it will get. 

@runninginva so...baby weight can definitely be genetic. I come from a family of huge babies, and so does my husband. I fully expect a 10-10.5 lb baby this time, given DD was 9.5lb and this one is a boy. But fingers crossed you don't have to deal with that! If your family has smaller babies maybe it will cancel out or meet in the middle lol. 
  • tacosandtumstacosandtums member
    edited December 2021
    Currently in line at the jewelry store to get my wedding rings resized. They haven’t fit in over a year and I’m tired of “waiting til I’m skinny” again. Edit: that was stupid. They won’t resize until after I’m done being pregnant. Guess I’m getting a fake wedding band at Claire’s lol
  • @tacosandtums lol I have a fake I got at target that I take when we travel or when my regular rings are fitting too tight. I paid like $15 and always get compliments on it 😂😂 I think I lost it in our last move, though 
  • @tacosandtums what about silicone rings? That's what I wore toward the end of my pregnancy with DD. They stretch a little and they aren't too expensive. Obviously they won't look like a "real" ring but if your intent is just to represent your marriage, I think that would fit!
  • If I don’t MURDER my husband today, it will be a miracle. That is all. 

• Also, baby is the size of a donut 🍩 today. Considering that’s what I ate for breakfast, I don’t know what to think about that. 😂😂