EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What is the most memorable gift you received as a child?

Re: Weekly Check-In 11/8

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @morgantu I hope you start feeling more movement soon ❤

@realhousewife519 My almist 8 year old wants a hampster too...I also had one growing up and loved it...but we have a rabbit already that has his own room and we're still at my parents' house so it's a hard no right now!

@faithmovesmountains Yay for almost being at viability!

@rachelredhead Suzie is the short form of my name so I feel a kindred connection to your mutt!
  • Options
    @rachelredhead Enjoy the 4-day weekend! 
    @morgantu I love when family comes to visit! That will be so nice for you to catch a break!
    @realhousewife519 Glad you are feeling better!
    @Panaceia ugh, so sorry you are feeling so sick, but happy to hear that you and your little guy are doing well. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 21+5, 3-16-22

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Coconut, but I've also seen a hot dog?!

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Blue x2

Upcoming Appointments: Nov 15 with OB, Dec 22 for growth scan with MFM

How are you feeling?: So far, so good!

Rants/Raves: I am finally feeling some movement, and it feels great! I feel little kicks (or punches?) here and there, especially at night. We also put up our Christmas tree this weekend! These next few weekends are going to go by so fast!

Questions: none

GTKY: What is the most memorable gift you received as a child? I remember receiving my first bike at Christmas when I was about 5 years old! It was way too big for me, so my Mom had to tape on dish sponges so I could reach the pedals!
  • Options
    @Nik102 that sounds extremely difficult. Thinking of you. 
  • Options
    @Nik102 I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through. Use us as an outlet for whatever you need! I am so hopeful that baby can stay put for a few more weeks so they can get you those steroid shots and get baby here safely. Thinking of you and sending all positive thoughts your way ❤
  • Options
    @Nik102 how scary. My thoughts are with you and baby as you make it through the next little bit. Please keep us updated as you feel like it <3
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/31 19+4

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: mango. But it was a taco a few days ago and I’ve been loving all things taco so I’m gonna go back to that😂

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: FO

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan and regular appt on Friday! So excited. I feel like I can finally start planning and getting things ready once we know gender (and that everything’s looking good!)

How are you feeling?: my pukey nausea has turned into the heartburn, -feel like you’ve overeaten when you haven’t- uncomfortableness. And I’ve been having horrible sciatica/hip pain the last couple days so I’m gonna get some recommendations from the midwives I work with at work (I don’t personally see them) for a local chiropractor that specializes with pregnant mamas.

Rants/Raves: I’m very meh to anything right now on either spectrum 😂

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the most memorable gift you received as a child? First thing that comes to mind is I remember when I was really young I got this Pooh bear that connected to the computer with a computer game and I was OBSESSED with it. 
  • Options
    @Nik102 I’m sorry to hear this. So stressful, I will be thinking of you and sending good vibes for this baby and your cervix to hang in there! 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 20+5

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: banana…though I don’t put much stock into those estimates. I feel like they’re all over the place. 

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue! 

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 2, which is the same day we close on our new house! 

How are you feeling?: still nauseous in the evenings mostly, and now I have a lot of heartburn added in. Yay pregnancy. 

Rants/Raves: my body hates being pregnant. I also HATE when people are like “you being sick just means baby is healthy” and “it’s worth having a healthy baby” 

Questions: none right now. 

GTKY: What is the most memorable gift you received as a child? Furbee (I’m sure I’m spelling that wrong) and it’s only memorable bc one night when the batteries were running out it turned on and made a bunch of weird sounds in the middle of the night and I thought it was possessed 😂 
  • Options
    @rachelredhead I hope you enjoy your long weekend!!
    @faithmovesmountains I am also counting down the days to viability. Hoping the time passes swiftly for you. 
    @morgantu I also have an anterior placenta, and just started feeling good movement a couple of days ago, I hope yours kicks up soon! Enjoy your visit with your parents!
    @realhousewife519 congratulations on your girl!
    @Panaceia sorry to hear your knee and nausea are still so tough. And hopefully your DD will come around on your name choice. Also love the story about you opening gifts in the middle of the night! So sneaky!!
    @jennifer_m21 we are putting up our Christmas decorations this upcoming weekend…can’t wait!
    @Nik102 I’m so sorry to hear that. I’ll be praying for you and your baby. 
    @nursejenn5 hope your week passes swiftly and your AS is awesome! 
  • Options
    @Nik102 I am so sorry, that is so hard. No brave face needed here. Praying for you as you wait that baby will stay snug and comfy for many more weeks. 
  • Options
    @Nik102 im so so sorry for what you are going through. I can’t even imagine. We are here holding space for every emotion you may need to vent. I hope you have a most uneventful few days and that things look better on Thursday ❤️

@nursejenn5 I could have written your “how are you feeling” section word for word. By evening I can get maybe 3-4 bites of dinner down before I feel so uncomfortably full and then heartburn all night long. And my right hip has been terrible lately. Weekly chiropractic care has been helping but these 12 hour shifts are getting so hard. I think i’ve narrowed mine down to an SI joint issue. Thinking pelvic floor PT may end up being more beneficial. I hope you find a provider who can help you!
  • Options
    @appleblossom8317 furbees are indeed possessed 😂
    @achanceintime sorry for the mil drama. It is the worst getting unsolicited advice. I don’t think I would’ve been as nice about it all after that long of time 😅
  • Options
    @gembud Oooh if I had been with you I would have wiped those judgy looks right off their faces! 🤬
  • Options
    Thanks all!

@Nik102
    I will be praying for you and thinking of you. 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 24/ 21+2

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Baby weighs as much as a standard soda can

FTM/STM/TTM+:  STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: 12/2 

How are you feeling?: Better, lots of heartburn. I was also referred to a physical therapist for sciatica and pelvic floor. 

Rants/Raves: Rants:We went to a birthday party the past weekend with my husband’s family and my stomach was touched by his aunt without permission. They don’t understand personal space. Also, my MIL called my daughter a word in Spanish that basically means antisocial. She’s almost two and chooses who to say hi to. If she doesn’t feel comfortable saying hi to someone that’s not a reflection on her but on the person. She says hi to strangers all the time.

Questions: None

GTKY: What is the most memorable gift you received as a child? I finally convinced my dad to get me a black panther from the rain forest cafe. He said it would ignore and never play with it if he bought it. Well I slept with that black panther every night until my daughter was born. 
  • Options
    @Nik102 thinking of you as well.
    @achanceintime if they can complain they can help clean. I say that but when my MIL comes over i make sure my dishes are clean because otherwise she cleans them. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    @rachelredhead I agree! Coconut is TOTALLy bigger than a grapefruit!

@morgantu I'm so excited your mom is helpful, and coming to visit!!

@Nik102 oh my gosh how stressful and nerve-wracking! I hope things look better on Thursday, and little one stays snug in there for many more weeks!

@gembud not gonna lie...when I see a kid having a tantum in a store, my first thought is usually "aww poor Mama! I hope she's not thinking I'm judging her!"

EDD / Weeks + Days:  21+1 EDD March 21

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: some sort of leafy vegetable that I've never heard of haha

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: It would seem we are going to find out!

Upcoming Appointments: Friday for biweekly OB. Had my follow up AS this morning

How are you feeling?: Pregnancy wise, pretty great thankfully. Super stressed about work. And DS2 has had a nightmare of a time since the time change. So I'm pissy about the time change

Rants/Raves: Time change sucks. Massively.

Questions: NATM

Hmm.
     My brother gave me the extended edition of Lord of the rings when it came out. It was the first time I ever REALLY wanted something for Christmas. And the fact it came from my brother was extra special. But I was already like... 16 so not sure if that counts haha.

Weirdly, when I think of Christmas gifts from childhood, I most vividly remember a black and white checker cylinder tin that had markers in it. Got it in my stocking. That, and a pair of fuzzy pink socks with little paw print grippies on the bottom.
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 10th, 22+4
    Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: as tall as a Mr. Potato head 
    Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink
    Upcoming Appointments: Nov 17th
    How are you feeling?: Good besides this stupidly painful hip. The aches and pains are starting much earlier this time around.
    Rants/Raves: 
    Questions: Anyone take a childbirth course they recommend? Lamaze, Bradley, Alexander, Mama Natural, etc.
    GTKY: What is the most memorable gift you received as a child? Definitely my Polly Pocket Dream House. Vividly remember finding that one Christmas morning. Had to be around 7yo.
  • Options
    @night_nurse I’ve been eyeing the Evidence Based Birth class. But I haven’t actually taken it yet myself, I just love that site and hope the class will be as good as the rest of their stuff 
  • Options
    @Nik102 I’m so, so sorry you’re going through this. I have been thinking of you over and over since I read this. I hope you’re hanging in there. 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 4/6 / 19 + 0

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: 🥭 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Girl

Upcoming Appointments: AS and midwife appt 11/23

How are you feeling?: Feeling more like a functioning human! I left the house for something other than a dr appt this weekend!  My body has something to say about the increase in activity, as I am having some early Braxton-hicks-esque sensations, so I am trying to find the balance. 

Rants/Raves:
    Rave: snoogle pregnancy pillow has made sleeping so much more comfortable!
    Rave 2: I bought a carpet shampooer this week (maybe some nesting kicking in!) and I am obsessed. Hello squeaky clean carpets and area rugs! 

Questions: None this week. 

I remember being VERY excited about a landline phone (with a cord!) for my bedroom. My parents also once surprised me for my birthday in a very memorable way.  We had plans to take a small trip as a family to celebrate - they had a very good friend show up the night before we were scheduled to leave and they had secretly arranged for her to go on the trip with us! It was so much fun. 
  • Options
    @night_nurse I didn’t take any specific birthing classes outside of my hospital based one and the prep I did with my doula; however, at the recommendation of my midwives I read and used the accompanying audio tracks for Hypnobirthing by Katharine Graves. Per my midwives, her book/approach has the strongest evidence for impacting birth/care. I had a good experience with it and found it helpful overall. I did also listen to a lot of podcast episodes from Evidence Based Birth, Mommy Labor Nurse, and All About Pregnancy and found those to be very educational (and free!).
  • Options
    @jessier19 i have been listening to the EBB podcast. Great stuff. A little disappointed you only get access to the course material for a few months though.

@jenis_fan_for_life thank you for that review. I was considering taking a HypnoBirthing course separately from another birth course with my husband. Im attempting an unmedicated birth in the hospital and want all the tools. Had an epidural with my first. I am listening to EBB now and Birth Hour which shares tons of resources. I will check out the other two. Thanks!
  • Options
    @jenis_fan_for_life Rug shampooers are amazing! My parents have one and we use it alllll the time!